Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 19: Soft Side Revealed! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff







Chapter XIX: Soft Side Revealed!




There was a sudden crash, and then Aeris' head dropped. Sephiroth's face shown with dismay and anger. The sword he'd given Cloud was smashed through the front of the Jenova tank. Water leaked onto the floor and the lights inside the tank stopped glowing. Jenova stopped moving. The masmune was sticking out the other side of the tube, which created a second hole. The ten foot long sword had been plunged through Jenova. Aeris rose her head slowly, her green eyes back to normal.
"You!" Sephiroth hissed rushing towards them.
There was a loud bang noise, that stopped Sephiroth in mid step. Vincent stood on an upper layer, near the entrace. The door slightly upward, was open. They had broken through the locked door. Vincent's gun was smoking from the shot he had just taken. Yuffie, Tifa, Reno, and Cid piled in behind him. They stood stationed at different areas around the upper level. Tifa was postioned last by the spiral stairs that led down to the level Sephiroth, Cloud, and Aeris were on.
"Don'tcha move!" Yuffie said taking out some ninja stars.
Sephiroth scowled at them. He jumped down off the level he was on and claimed his sword. Then he reached into the broken glass and with a little effort pulled Jenova's head off of her body. Aeris winced as the sound of ripping flesh filled the air, she could silently hear Jenova's screams, even though the thing wasn't actually alive. Sephiroth glew with a white light and then zoomed out of the place before anyone could do any thing.
Vincent put away his gun, and Yuffie put away her ninja stars. Tifa almost ran down the spiral stairs to meet Cloud on the bottom. The others followed her, but more slowly. Tifa smiled and said she was glad to see Cloud alive, the comment made Reno frown with a sting of jealousy. Cid was fiddling around with the machine and finally found the button and released Aeris. Cloud caught her before she could fall out of the machine's shakles. She was weak from the soul transfer and being trapped in between.
"Can we go now?" Yuffie asked cowering by the stairs.
Cloud nodded. "Let's go," he said.
Finally everyone made it back to Cloud's home. He carefully carried Aeris up to her bedroom, laying her gently on her bed. She thanked him and asked for him to stay with her for a while. He agreed and stayed with her, in her room. She was curled in his arms on her bed and within minutes of intmate closeness, she was asleep. Cloud continued to hold her, and watched her sleep silently. This left the others alone downstairs. Cid stretched and annouced he was leaving, then turned and left. Reno had already stormed hastily upstairs, Tifa noticing his absense ran after him. Now that left Vincent and Yuffie alone.
Vincent turned and walked out the door silently. Yuffie ran after him and tugged on his cloak. The tug forced him to make a half turn and he stopped, glaring at her. "Where are you going?" she questioned still holding the red cloak in her hands.
He yanked the red cloth from her hands. "Away," he said turning once more.
"Vincent!" she half yelled, half called.
He didn't stop, he just kept walking silently away from her.
Yuffie ran and caught up with him jumping in front of him. Now he stopped and looked down at her. They were in a narrow alley, so there was no getting around Yuffie unless she moved to the side. However Yuffie stood right in the middle of the walk way, purposly blocking his path.
"Why do you insist on stopping me?" he questioned in a tired tone.
"Because I....I don't want you to disappear again," she said her voice getting softer as she reached the end of her sentece.
His angry eyes softened a bit to this news. He placed his hands softly, but firmly on her shoulders. "I will not disappear, I am alive, living. It is physicaly impossible for me to do so," he said.
She shook her head tear striken. "No, I don't want you to leave again Vincent," she choked out through silent sobs.
He blinked a moment in surprise and then his eyes seemed to gleam with a deep sadness. "I'm....sorry. But I must...disappear," he whispered.
Yuffie threw her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest. She was in full sobs now. She didn't want Vincent to leave, even if that meant spilling all she felt about him. He stood akwardly above her, shocked by her sudden embrace. After a moment he layed gentle arms around her and embraced her tighter to his body. He needed Yuffie to understand.
"Please you have to understand," he begged stroking her hair softly.
She shook her head, which was still pressed against his chest. "I don't want to understand!" she sobbed.
"Yuffie.....please," he said in a low hushed whisper.
She raised her head to him. She looked into his orange eyes and immdantly read the emotions. Vincent was showing regret, sadness, and longing. Tears silently slid down her cheeks as she looked into his face. He gazed back down upon her, sadness quickly swept through him and conquerored most of the other emotions.
"You have to understand what I'm afaird of," he said.
"What is it?" she asked still looking into his eyes.
Vincent moved closer to her so that his lips brushed her's, but not in a kiss. "I'm afaird of....." he began and then closed the remaining distance between them. He kissed her deeply and affectiontly for a long time before pulling away to brush distance again, "....my emotions." With the last part he moved away from her looking at her.
Yuffie was utterly shocked by his kiss. Finally she looked back up at him. "Why?" she questioned in a whisper.
He hesitated as if the word she had said hit him across the face. "I-I don't trust myself....that was a controlled emotion...." he said and turned away from her. "I may not be able to control myself next time...."
"N-Next time?" she questioned nevrously and then blushed.
He shook his head shaking off her question. "I'm a monster....who could ever love me?" he said quietly.
Yuffie was blushing intensely. She hoped what she was about to say wouldn't push Vincent emotionaly farther away from her. "I would..." she said in a voice barely audible.
Vincent turned to face her again. "How could you? I'm a scienctifically altered freak!" he excalimed and then turned to rush off the opposite direction.
"Vincent wait!" Yuffie said and grabbed his arm. She forced him to turn to her, stopping him. The hold she had on his arm was firm.
"What do you want?" he asked angrily.
Tears filled her eyes again, what she had said meant nothing to him. She decided she'd give him something to chew on. Yuffie moved closer to Vincent. He froze as she came closer to his face. Yuffie rested her cheek against his as she whispered in his ear. "Vincent....you don't know how much I love you....please, don't go," she whispered softly.
His face went red as the words stirred around in his head. It took him a moment to process the meaning of each word. He manged to choke out a weak gasp. Now it was his turn to be stunned. Yuffie backed away from him, releasing his arm. Tears ran down her face as she watched his shock. They were both happy and sad tears. Vincent's shock slowly turned into softness as he gazed at her with sorrow filled eyes.
"Yuffie...I don't know if I can...." he started but she shook her head and he stopped.
"We shared something here tonight Vincent. We shared emotions here, you can't tell me you don't feel the same...." she said.
He didn't say anything. Instead he looked away, avoiding to question.
"Vincent....." Yuffie said moving closer to him again.
The tone in her voice made him look over at her. She touched his shoulders lightly. He watched her silently get closer. Yuffie leaned close to his face, close enough so he could feel her breath on his lips.
"Vincent...just say the words...all I want to hear is you saying those three words..." she said.
Vincent went quiet for a moment. He knew what she meant but he didn't trust himself fully to actually say it. It was true, Yuffie had been right. He felt the same for her, if he didn't he wouldn't have kissed her. However she wanted to hear the words come from his mouth. He didn't know if he could mange that.
"I'll help you Vincent....you don't have to loose control, just let me hear your voice," Yuffie whispered.
Vincent doubted she could help him control himself, but he couldn't take this closesness any longer. "Yuffie...." he said in a deep voice.
"Yes?" she prompted waiting.
"I......I love you," Vincent said just above a whisper.
"That's what I've been waiting for..." Yuffie said just before she sealed the closeness. She kissed him like he had kissed her earlier. This time there was no hesitation, no surprise. Vincent immdently kissed her back. He grabbed Yuffie's arms and pulled her closer to him. He clutched her so close to him that it actually began to hurt. Yuffie pulled back a moment for a sharp gasp to the closeness of their bodies, but in the next moment Vincent was kissing her deeply. Finally he withdrew from her and looked at her. Yuffie sucked in air, breathing hard. The experience had been breath taking.
"I'm sorry..." he apologized. "I lost control."
She shook her head. "Don't worry about it.....that was one of the best experiences I've ever had! I mean it was just kissing, but it was so intense!" she exclaimed excitidly.
He couldn't help but smile. "If I would've totally lost myself I would've......." he started but trailed off.
Yuffie looked at him with a bright smile. "You can't rape the willing," she said.
He looked at her, stunned but what she had just said, but he said nothing. A moment later he shook his head and sighed. "I think we should be leaving," he said changing the subject.
"Yep, let's go home," Yuffie replied cheerifully and started down the alley with Vincent trailing behind her.