Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 23 The Final Chapter ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff





Chapter XXIII: The Final Chapter


"Now, Cloud I give you the ultimate decision," Sephiroth said smiling, "kill Jenova to stop her and at the same time kill Aeris or....let the planet die."
Cloud pulled out his buster sword and held it in a fighting stance. "I'll never surrender and I won't kill Aeris either!" he said.
Sephiroth laughed and raised his sword in a fighting stance. "Then you're fate has been met," he said.
Cloud charged at Sephiroth and he deflected it. Their swords locked with a loud metal clang. Again and again they colided, making a pang noise as they did. Sephiroth's sword hit Cloud's and then he pulled back, swing around and slashed Cloud's side. Cloud winced as blood splattered to the floor with a soft dripping sound, like when water is slowly poured onto a tile floor. Then he gripped his sword tighter and dodged another attempt to slash him from Sephiroth. Cloud hit Sephiroth in the shoulder and Sephiroth just smiled, as his own blood hit the floor. Then he knocked the sword from Cloud's hands. The giant sword landed about ten feet away from them. Cloud looked over at his sword as the tip of Sephiroth's sword came to his throat.
"Choose Cloud, or die here," he said.
Cloud looked back at Sephiroth, trying to think of a plan to get back his sword. "I won't!" he refused.
Sephiroth smiled more and pulled back his sword. Then he raised it in a two handed motion, he was going to kill Cloud. Cloud had to think fast, he didn't have enough time to grab his sword before Sephiroth's would kill him. Then he remembered that he had stocked up on materia before leaving the house. There was one materia he could use, to stop Sephiroth from killing him. Cloud reached into a pouch attached to his waist and activated the materia. He held out his arm to Sephiroth and a giant purple orb appeared above him. The orb fell upon Sephiroth and pushed him to the ground, forcing him to drop his sword. Cloud had used gravity, a materia that would instantly bring down an enemy and paralize them for a few moments. A few moments was all he needed to pick up Sephiroth's long ten foot sword. He held it to Sephiroth's throat.
"Call her off or I'll kill you," Cloud said.
Sephiroth just smiled at him. "Go ahead Cloud, you can't stop the reunion,no mattter if I die, Mother will become one with the planet!" he replied.
Cloud glanced at Jenova, she was holding up the black materia now above her head. The chanting was loud, and echoed in the halls. The metor would be summoned soon, so he had to do something.
"Oh and Cloud if you don't kill me and Mother then...." Sephiroth said and gestured to a wall where all his friends were chained up to. "we'll kill them all."
Cloud looked at each of his friends, they were all unconscienous, and then he looked back down at the smiling Sephiroth. At the moment he knew what had to be done. Cloud took Sephiroth's sword in both hands and held it above his head. Then he thrusted downard, towards Sephiroth's chest. The sword piereced his chest and Sephiroth gasped. Blood pooled quickly under him.
"Feel.....my......hate....." Sephiroth said and then went motionless.
Cloud pulled the bloody sword from him and turned to Jenova. He walked towards her. Cloud's eyes were now reverted to the one's that looked like Kadaj's. The sword had currupted him, taken him over. He grabbed a hold of Jenova and flung her against the wall. Jenova was surprised by this and dropped the black materia, which made a glassy ding as it hit the floor. Then Cloud stood above Jenova, clutching Sephiroth's sword. Jenova grew weak for a moment and Aeirs took advantage of this. She pushed the unconscienous Jenova aside and looked up at Cloud with jade green eyes that were her own. At that moment Cloud's eyes reverted back to their normal blue and he looked down at her with tears in his eyes.
"Cloud...you have to kill me, before Jenova takes over....before she destroys us all...." she said.
"I-I can't...." Cloud said and the tears ran down his face. "I love you Aeris."
"I know Cloud, and I love you, I always will, but I'm just one life....you could either save me, or billions of others," she said sadly.
"B-But...." he answered and looked down.
Aeris got to her feet and put her hands on Cloud's shoulders. "Cloud, you have to, if Jenova combines with the planet, we'll all die. She's inside me now Cloud, you have to kill me," she said softly.
Cloud clutched the long sword in his hand. Those he died by Sephiroth's blade would never come back, which means Aeris would die and stay dead this time. But he knew she was right, Jenova's cells and DNA were combined with her's, there was no way he could kill Jenova and keep her alive too. He used his free hand to pull Aeris against him, tightly. She was pressed so hard against him that she felt every muscle, tense under his clothes and the blood wetted her own.
"I'm so sorry Aeris, I couldn't save you," Cloud whispered.
"I don't blame you Cloud, and I never have," she whispered back and then kissed Cloud just as hard as she was pressed against him.
He didn't hesitate at all and kissed her back, deeply and affectionatly. Now, all of his friends were awake and had heard the whole conversation between him and Aeris. They all watched in silent awe. Tifa, Yuffie, and Cid were in tears. Cloud slowly raised the blade as he kissed Aeris, as the blade touched her back, he released her and backed off a little, looking into his love's eyes. Tears were flowing down both of their faces.
"You have to...." Aeris whispered.
Cloud closed his eyes in sobs as he pushed the long silver blade though Aeris' back and out through her stomach. Then he pulled out the blade and tossed it behind him. Aeris stood, mouth open, eyes wide. She slid down to the floor and Cloud went down with her, holding onto her arms as she did. He knelt beside her as blood pooled on the floor. Aeris looked at Cloud weakly and smiled, she mouthed the words, "Thank you for everything," to him and then closed her eyes and went limp. Cloud stayed by her side and sobbed. He had just killed the love of his life. There was a noise behind him and his friends on the wall struggled. He didn't look at them, though, he was too lost in his sorrow. He also failed to hear what they were saying. There was a thump, driiiiip, thump, driiiiiiip, behind him. Finally he noticed the sound and looked behind him. Sephiroth stood, holding his wound and covered in his own blood. He had reclaimed his sword and held it in one hand.
"We'll end this story......together," he said weakly and raised his sword.
Before Cloud could react to this the silver blade that had killed Aeris, twice was thrusted through his gut. Cloud froze, his eyes wide. All the noises around him began to fade and soon he couldn't hear Tifa's shrieking voice, or the chains rattling. All he could feel was the could metal through his gut and the warm trickling blood that fell to the floor. Then his vision faded and his body fell on top of Aeris' with a muffled flop. Sepiroth pulled out his sword and dropped to one knee. He laughed as he bled.
"The story....ends...." he said and then he fell over and died.




Epilouge


----After Sephiroth, Cloud, and Aeris died the Turks crashed in and saved their lives. Reno was set free from them because of the things he had witnessed, plus they saw how much he was in love with Tifa. The temple was closed down and the three bodies were burned and their ashes buried. As for the church Tifa still visits and takes care of it.-----

------Tifa eventually sold the house she shared with Cloud and her and Reno got their own place somewhere in the city. Later on in their lives they broke up and found each other again after 2 years and got back together. After that they were married and had twins, a girl and a boy.-------

------Vincent disappeared again for another year and came back. When he came back Yuffie was in a relationship with someone else. He noticed this and went to leave again, but she stopped him and admitted her undenying love for him and they ran off somewhere, together.--------

------Cid went back to Rocket Town and lived out the rest of his life as a happy airship repair man. His days of adventure ened when he died 30 years afterwards.------


------As for the ones who didn't appear in this fanfic....Barret Wallace devoted himself to raising his daughter and denied the call from Tifa. He did attend Cloud's funeral....and cried. He did raise his daughter Marlene and they lived together on the outskirts of town.-------

-thank you for reading my fanfic i hope you enjoyed it-