Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy X - This is Our Story ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In the distance, the sun was setting on the desolate city of Zanarkand. Once a grand metropolis, it was now nothing more than a fragment of its former glory. Flaming rays of sunlight shone on the crumbling stone walls of yesteryear, setting the formations ablaze with the fading light of day. Scattered amongst the depressingly gray ruins and weathered walls were flowing streams of pyre-flies, the essence of souls. The rivers of spiritual energy sparkled and shimmered like a miniature version of the midnight sky, winding through the city of the dead before ascending somewhere above the clouds.

But, outside of the dilapidated city, a pile of weaponry lay atop a mound of earth, left casually a few feet away from the flickering campfire at the rocky hillock. The two tallest weapons in the pile, both of which stood upright, were a sword with a black hilt and a water-like blade, and a long, slender staff ornamented with an intricately designed gold insignia. At these two weapons’ base were many other tools, such as a pair of guns, a doll, and a spear.

Near the earthen hill, around the dancing flames of the campfire, sat seven weary travelers, pilgrims from far away. Each one of them wore a face of deep sadness, their faces wrinkled with worry and regret. Farthest away from the fire sat a boy in white robes tinted with red, staring out at the sunset. His features were contorted with longing as he gazed at the horizon, his lips slanted downward in a frown, and his eyes glassy with tears yet to be spilt. Suddenly, another male walked beside him, stopping momentarily. The two boys looked into each other’s eyes, gray meeting brown, before the darker boy placed a comforting gloved hand on his shoulder. The youth garbed in robes of red and white nuzzled his face into the affectionate act, before the other left him to walk up the stony hill.

“Please...listen to our story. This may be our last chance.”


---------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

Final Fantasy X - This Is My Story

"Lurking for a thousand years...
A great terror arose from the deep. It swept across the world.
After long past, it still lingers. Destiny cannot be denied.
The burden grows heavier.
To the Kingdom of the Sun, across the seas, into the unknown.
The journey begins."

Final Fantasy X - This Is My Story
is half a retelling of the popular PS2 game, and half my own version of it. Though the story may not differentiate too much from the original, aside from characters, I am not writing it to be original, or try something new. I am writing for my own enjoyment, and hopefully other people’s. I do not claim to have thought up any of the original’s plot, nor do I claim the characters, which, by the way, will not be making an appearance in my story (aside from a few aeons).

Now, if that takes care of all of the legal issues, or people issues, let’s continue. And to make it clear, Final Fantasy X (c) Square-Enix.
Converting /tmp/phpcKYPIV to /dev/stdout