Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Hard Knocks ❯ The Coming Ch1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There's Just Something About You...
That Pisses Me Off

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Final Fantasy X, my dolls are mine and I sold my soul for chocolate.

Tidus lived in a Post-War Zanarkand for seven years before Auron got him, he's not a dream, he's real. Shuyin's twin brother, and four years older than in the game.

Summary: A girl with holes in her memory, a semi-psychotic disposition, health problems, a disturbing mind, an obsession with dolls and other things, and a bipolar disorder, a sporadicly gaming sister with a short temper, big heart and the knowledge that her sister keeps going missing, a boy-crazy, spastic, devoted gamer friend with family problems, a niece who's anti-gamer and completely preppy, an interupted journey to change the world, come together in a clash warranted to break the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ¸.··..·^(~.~)>~··°º ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen to my story. This may be... Our last chance..."

~~~~~

"He's sooo dreamy..."

"No shit Sherlock, he's a dream, of course he's dreamy." 19 y/o called Leslie, with wavy red-black hair and dar
k reddish-brown eyes, muttered, eyeing her friend oddly. Then she shook her head and turnned back to the game, while listening to her iPod. A large, black, hiking backpack lay by her side, a case attached with nearly a dozen foot long-equals-5', and many more smaller scaled -5", 2 ½"- porcelain dolls within. Thin chains around her neck, arms, hips and legs holding little steel and glass coffins with ½" scaled dolls. Her younger twin sister, Rayne, who had straight dark brown hair and blue eyes, stared at her elder sister and silently -well, not-so-silently- wondered why in the hells she was listening to the Inu-Yasha Soundtrack at full volume and playing Final Fantasy X on Mute without captions, without her glasses, snarking at them when they comment, ("Shut the peanut gallery up! I need to kill that stupid thing!Spectral Keeper/AKA; 'Lesca's Bitch") and reading her Biology, Geometry and History books -and, more importantly, how in the hells she was doing it.

Their 18 y/o curvy friend -well, curvier friend, considering the fact that they were both pretty curvy themselves- named Alexandra had straight brown hair with lighter brown highlights and shimmery green eyes, though it could just seem that way because her eyes were watering with pain as the game player's sister bandaged her bruised ribs.
A beautifully crafted, scaled down, foot long, porcelain doll in her arms. Pale white skin, firey red curls, closed hazel eyes, an elegant, medival bronze dress and a tiny black glaive with a real blade. A, just as curvy as Ally, 18 y/o brunette named Theresa sat next to them, talking on the phone to her friends. Why she was even there nobody knew.

Leslie loaded a different saved game, after dieing by 'Lesca's Bitch, again, and... quite suddenly... ... Began twitching... Twitch... Twitch... Twitch... "GODDESS STRIKE THESE IDIOTS DOWN! BMYACA!" She dropped the controller and fell backwards, cracking her head on the wood floor.

Rayne and Ally winced, though they did wonder where the British accent came from, while Theresa remained oblivious. "What now?" Theresa demanded, covering the mouthpiece of the phone with her hand... Okay, maybe not so oblivious.

Leslie snorted and turnned her head towards Theresa. "These people are not only complete cowards, they are also ridiculously id-i-ot-ic!"

Theresa rolled her eyes, "It's just a game aunty, besides. I thought you had already come to the conclusion that they were made to be pretty, not deep thinkers."

Rayne and Ally shared bewildered looks, "Since when did you talk about video games with Theresa?" Ally demanded, tension high between her and the evil game-hater, in her own words.

Theresa rolled her eyes again, and returnned to her phone-conversation. Rayne sighed and nudged Ally back down, "Hold still will ya?"

Leslie just crossed her arms and pouted, "But it's just heartless and cruel! They're going to make her a fiend at this rate."

Rayne shot her sister a slightly disturbed look while Ally just looked interested. Rayne could never understand how those two got so into the games that they ended up completely involved with the politics, asthetics, spiritual and religious implications, theories, philosophies and cultures that were fabricated for the virtual worlds. (Though it was better than Leslie cackling insanely whenever she found something funny, which was a alot, and not always understandable.) While Rayne did like to play games once in a while, she wasn't as into them as her sister or their close friend, her sister could get just as bad about books, plays, movies and tv shows! Reading and rereading stories, replaying shows, as if expecting a different ending. "Whadda ya mean?" Ally demanded. None of the girls except for Leslie noticed the little red-headed Doll named Caroline looking at her with just as much expectation as Ally.

Leslie shook it off mentally and sat up. "Think about it, when people die they need Summoners to make sure none of the people who died of even natural causes turns into fiends or walks around as an unsent with unfinished business, right?"

Rayne nodded absently, "Right," While Theresa rolled her eyes, again, and scooted further away from them, having heard this waaay too many times already.

"If they just lived their life to the fullest, without worrying about doing things right all the time, not making mistakes because a mistake could cause a death, without holding back to make sure everyone's happy, without had lived unfulfilled and empty lives... They wouldn't need Sendings."

Ally batted Rayne's hands away absently, "Wait, wait, what? How do you figure that?"

Leslie noted Caroline actually seriously thinking about her words -Thank Chaos someone was!- and sighed, "How can you be filled with grief and anger about your death, if you truely lived to your fullest potential? Opportunities come and go, you can't regret life and the mistakes you make, because all they are are lessons to not do something again, we're only human, and even Gods make mistakes. Life's too short to waste, and what's the point of dieing when you didn't mean the world, to atleast one person?

"All of the Guardians for Yuna have something else there for them if Yuna goes through with the Final Summoning. Lulu and Wakka have each other, Kimahri has his friends in the Guardians, Rikku has the other Al-Bhed and the new mission to remake Rusa, Tidus is gonna go poof either way (Don't tell me he's not because you know he would) Auron's a dead guy. And one of them would become Sin with Yuna's death. They'd grieve, but they'd get over it, especially since all of them but Tidus seems set on loving Yuna from a distance now that she's a Summoner. And eventually the world of Spira would forget about High Summoner Yuna, that she had friends, family.

"If you're gonna die for something, die without regrets. She's in love with Tidus, and gonna marry Seymour because she's thinkin', 'Hey, what'ev, I'm gonna die anyway, why waste Tidus's life with grieving when I don't care nearly as much about Seymour and it'll make everyone else happy?'" Leslie turnned on her side to face them, "What would give you more peace and hope? The uniting of the daughter of a great figure, who has the ability to do the same great thing her father did, with someone important. Or the Knowledge that even one person, who's life is so short, who knows they're gonna die, could find love."

Rayne lowered her hand and Ally tilted her head up to the ceiling, but Theresa surprised them both. "Love," She said simply, "It would give me greater hope to know that someone with only a limited amount of time on Earth could live and love, because it would give me hope that I too could live and love." Then she shrugged at them and went back to her conversation.

Rayne nodded, "I have to agree. I would rather be able to see that in a world full of destruction and death, life and love could be found."

Ally nodded her agreement.

Leslie shrugged with her palms facing the ceiling rather helplessly, "See? Can you See? If you're gonna die anyway, live while you still can."

"Your voice is powerful, child."

All four girls spun around in shock. A young woman with raven hair and olive features stared back at them. Khol lining her eyes, bangles on her wrists, a skirt made of scarves hung on her hips.

"Who-?" Ally breathed.

The woman looked towards them, lips unmoving, "I am Valefor, Fayth of the Aeons called Skywalkers," A curiously blank look stole over Leslie's features and Rayne mimicked it, the one thing they seemed to agree on was Star Wars and Indiana Jones, guess what they just thought of. "I would, that you help us. Help us lead our people back into the light they seem to have lost."

Rayne narrowed her eyes, "Like some kind of 'Voice of the Gods' thing?"

Valefor nodded, "Yes."

Theresa gave a frustrated sigh and rolled her eyes, yet again. "Hey, Amelia? Listen, I gotta call you back, family problems," She whispered into the phone, "Later," She hung up and shut the ringer off. "No."

Leslie turnned to her niece, startled, and the Gypsy Valefor's eyes narrowed. "Why not?" Leslie said with a shrug.

Theresa gave her a look, "You can't see without your glasses. You need a daily, several-times daily, regimine of Asprin, Benedryl, Sudafed, Tums, Albuterol and Pepcid AC. You've al-ready gone missing in the past, repeatedly might I add. You go insane without your iPod and computer w/ Internet and Yevon Spira hates technology. You have a job taking care of your grandmother. You have a full-grown, but still acts like a puppy-with-the-attention-span-of-a-ADHD-two-year-old-baby, Doberman Pinscher. You have a cat that's still a kitten, that whines whenever you're gone and talks, constantly. No."

Leslie nodded, but before she could speak... "We can supply her with what she needs, discretely, and you three can take care of her... Pets, and grandmother."

Rayne shook her head, "Uh-uh, you take my sister anywhere? One of us goes with."

Valefor looked at the two annoyances, and smirked smugly. "Done," And, with a snap of her fingers, Leslie, her backpack, Dolls and Case, vanished. Along with Ally, Valefor and the First Aid Kit.

Rayne growled in the silence. "That's not what I meant...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ¸.··..·^(~.~)>~··°º ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Never thought I'd actually do this but... Heh