Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ If I Could Be You For A Day ❯ The Battle Square ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If I Could Be You For A Day

By Charles Xavier

"Well, that's a nice start." Vincent said sarcastically in the dark alleyway. "You almost blew our cover with Rude."

"Oh, you worry too much!" Yuffie replied. "He hasn't figured out our secret…"

"…yet." Vincent finished her sentence.

"Oh, hell. Let's just forget about it and have some fun at the Battle Square."

"You lead the way." Vincent shrugged.

"Hey, guys!" Cloud waved at the mixed up couple.

"Oh, no! It's Cloud and Tifa!" Yuffie cried.

"Just stay calm, Yuffie. Act normal…but not as yourself." Vincent whispered.

"Are you two up for some combat?" Asked Tifa.

Vincent rolled his eyes, trying to think of something to say. However, Yuffie managed to beat him to it. She spoke out:

"SURE!" Yuffie cried. "Me and Yuffie and gonna kick some serious butt!"

Vincent wished he'd never got himself into this mess. Yuffie's lousy acting was getting them nowhere.

"Um…okay." Tifa looked at Cloud confusingly. "That's great. Best of luck."

"THANKS!" Yuffie grinned and gave a peace sign. "Come on, Yuffie…"

After the two left, Tifa took Cloud by the shoulders and pulled him backwards.

"Cloud. Have you seen anything different about Vincent lately?"

"Well, I guess. He has been acting kind of cheerful." Cloud scratched his hair.

"And what about Yuffie? She seems awfully quiet today."

"Say." Cloud thought of a conclusion. "Do you think…?"

"What?"

They might have switched bodies.

"Nah. That couldn't happen." He shook his head. "Never mind."

"Bring them on!" Yuffie roared excitedly in the arena.

"Yuffie."

"What?"

"It seems to me that you're not helping anything on keeping our secret from everyone." Vincent said in a soft tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean our little confrontation back there with Tifa and Cloud."

Yuffie snorted.

"Hmph! To be honest, Vince, I honestly think showing a change of heart to yourself is something our friends will appreciate!"

"But don't you think you're pushing this a little too far?"

"Nonsense!" Yuffie set herself in denial. "Think about it. Everyone will be more friendlier to you."

Vincent shook his head.

Sometimes you worry me.

The doors flew open.

"Oops! Better get your shuriken ready, Vince!" Yuffie prepared herself.

"How exactly do you use it?" Vincent observed the foreign object in his hands.

"Just swing it round back and forth! Use your instincts or something!"

"Well, what are you going to use?" Vincent wondered.

"I'm gonna use…" Yuffie took out Vincent's Death penalty gun from her pocket. "…this!"

"Are you halfway out of space, Yuffie?" Vincent said. "You can't possibly handle that."

"Sure I can!" She loaded the gun. "All you gotta do is point, aim and shoot!"

Vincent slapped his face as a large Griffin entered the room.

"Okay, buster!" Yuffie cocked her weapon and aimed. "Have a taste of this! HEE! HEE!"

"How do you think they're doing?" Tifa tapped Cloud on the shoulder.

But before he could answer…

BLAM!!!!!!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!"

'Vincent' came flying out of the double doors. The firing impact of the gun made Yuffie take a daredevil flight across the room. It was so intense that Yuffie ended up tumbling down the stairs outside.

"OW! EE! AA! YEOWCH! OH!" People rushed out of the way as Yuffie rolled down. "GAH! That didn't hurt! OW! That didn't hurt! YA! That didn't hurt! EE! That didn't hurt!"

But Yuffie finally made it to the end of the painful road and slammed her face onto the carpet floor.

"Eesh…that hurt." She croaked.

E-mail: charlesxavier85@hotmail.com .