Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11

 

 

The small group stopped at the car that was waiting for them. Sephiroth and Quistis sat across from each other, gazing at each other the whole time. Shukera sat quietly, rolling her eyes at Quistis. She reminded Shukera of a bitch in heat. She wondered why Quistis just didn't rip her clothes off and throw her at Sephiroth's feet right there.

 

Sephiroth glanced at Shukera from time to time, making it look like the loss of their friendship bothered him. Shukera saw through the pain and guilt Sephiroth had in his eyes. She knew him well, perhaps too well.

 

The fact that she herself wasn't upset over the loss, coupled with the growing feelings towards Seifer confused her even more. Shukera pushed the feelings away with much effort, reminding herself that she didn't have time for such things. She was there on business, nothing else.

 

The car ride to the Garden seemed to drag on forever, the minutes ticking away slowly. Shukera's mind raced in anticipation. Sephiroth seemed too calm to her. He knew exactly what he was doing, which made him dangerous. Quistis just sat back smiling at Sephiroth.

 

Rinoa and Selphie glanced between Sephiroth and Shukera with interest. Selphie sensed the tension between them, which made her even more fascinated with them. Her smiled grew wider as her gaze met with Rinoa's. They both stifled a giggle.

 

Quistis leaned forward to tell Sephiroth something, purposely allowing her top to fall enough to show her cleavage. Shukera glared at Quistis in disgust and shifted her position. The last thing she wanted to see was some flusey broad throwing herself at Sephiroth. Hell she could have stayed home for that!

 

Rinoa and Selphie traded a glance, both holding down the urge to burst out laughing. The scene was amusing, very amusing to the both of them.

 

Squall just busied himself with the assignments for the missions that were planned out for the next See D exams. The events going on around him were of no interest to him. It was not his business so he stayed out of it.

 

Once the car came to a stop inside the garage, everyone jumped out of the car. Sephiroth and Quistis walked off into the garden together, talking about the administration department of the organization. Sephiroth gave her his undivided attention, listening for anything he could later use against them. A smile affixed on his face as he listened to her ramble on.

 

Rinoa smiled, "It was nice meeting you. I have to go though, time for my class." She waved and ran off towards the large glass elevator.

 

Shukera nodded as the raven headed girl ran off. Selphie caught her attention when she replied, "Come with me, I will show you to your room."

 

Selphie showed Shukera to her room where her stuff was already stacked and waiting. She went directly to her sword, which was placed leaning against her stuff. Shukera picked her sword up and unsheathed it.

 

Selphie's eyes widened in wonder. "WOW! You really fight with that thing??"

 

Shukera swung the sword through the air with ease. "Yes I do. I have been having this sword since I made captain and I have carried it with me since. It was a present from Sephiroth." Shukera held the blade in front of her at eye level. Her reflection could be seen in the blade. Her mind slipped to the day Sephiroth had given her the sword.

 

A knock on the door brought Shukera back to reality. Selphie opened it as Shukera checked the blade of her sword for any blemishes it might have gotten from the trip. Sephiroth stood in the doorway with a smirking Quistis. She replied flatly, "Headmaster Cid wishes to see you immediately. Bring your weapon, that is, if you have one."

 

Shukera smiled and swung her sword with ease as she replied mocking her, "I have one." Her smile turned to a devious grin. "Want to see it?? Here Ill let you hold it." She went to hold it out to Quistis but quickly drew it back away from her. "Oh silly me, it will be way too much for you to handle."

 

Quistis flushed with anger as she snapped, "Let me see it! I'm sure if you can handle it then so can I!" She picked it up out of Shukera's hand, wrapping her hand around the handle.

 

The sword dipped as she attempted to grab it with both hands. Shukera snatched it back from her before she dropped it. She swung the sword with one hand and rested it on her shoulder. "See, I told you it was too much for you." Shukera winked, "Better stick to the whip. That's your weapon if I'm not mistaken." With that she walked past Quistis, shoving her out of the way.


Selphie grinned at Quistis. "She did try to tell you. It's your own fault you know." She ran after Shukera, amused at what she did to her.

 

Quistis stood open mouthed and red faced. "What a bitch!" Sephiroth snickered and began making his way down the hallway. She followed closely behind still angry at what Shukera did. One way or the other Shukera was going to pay for making a fool out of her in front of Sephiroth.

 

Selphie bounced up behind Shukera as she replied, "That was soooo funny! I take it that you don't like Quistis very much."

 

Shukera shook her head staring straight in front of her, "No I don't! She reminds me of someone back home that I hated more than anyone. We were bitter enemies."

 

Selphie suddenly became serious, "You know, she was bossy before, but now she's to the extreme. Lately she's been acting strange, like even bossier then ever. She was stuck up and all that before, but now it's worse. Something changed her."

 

Shukera laughed, "Some people are just born that way." Quickly Selphie led her to Cid's office.