Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12

 

 

Headmaster Cid stood up smiling as he greeted his guests. "Welcome to Balamb Garden. I really appreciate you coming here and I hope you enjoy your stay with us." He offered his hand to Sephiroth in a friendly gesture. "I am very pleased to meet you."

 

Squall stood next to Cid's desk at attention. Holding his hands behind his back he nodded to them. "This is Sephiroth, Commander of Soldier. And the girl is Shukera, top officer of Soldier."

 

Cid shook Sephiroth's hand. "Sephiroth." Then he turned to Shukera and offered her his hand in a friendly greeting. "Shukera." They both nodded. Sephiroth spoke up first, "It's a pleasure to be here, Sir. Thank you for making us feel welcomed."

 

Shukera nodded in agreement. She had to admit; they did make her feel glad about making the trip. Then Shukera narrowed her eyes at Sephiroth's friendly attitude. "Ass!!" She thought to herself, "I wonder if they will think he's so friendly after he tries to take over your home with that bitch standing there."

 

Headmaster Cid gestured for them to have a seat. Sephiroth and Shukera obliged by sitting in the chairs closest to them. Cid took his seat and folded his hands before him on his desk.

 

In a friendly but professional manner he replied, "Our organization is separated into two departments: Administration and the actual See D level." He turned his attention to Shukera. "You will be allowed to take classes and train with the other See Ds. I know you are interested in knowing how See D works in the enlisted level."

 

Shukera smiled trying to remain professional, "I would like to take classes and train with the other See Ds." Training with the others would make her job a lot easier; it would be a chance for them to grow to trust her and make it easier to act as soon as Sephiroth would make his move.

 

Cid smiled as he nodded, "I heard you were an accomplished fighter. In fact I was told that you are one of the best fighters in Soldier. I must say I am impressed."

 

Shukera flushed slightly as she wondered where he heard that bit of information. She couldn't imagine Scarlet saying anything that nice about her. "Reeve, it's got to be." She thought to herself. She just replied humbly, "Thank you." It made her feel strange to be praised for her actions in Soldier when her nightmares said otherwise.

 

Cid asked, "Do you have any questions or comments to add?"

 

"I just wanted to thank you for allowing me to take classes with the others. I came here with the hope of training with your organization and meeting everyone. I really want to get the full experience of being here. I plan to learn as much as I can to get the most out of it."

 

Sephiroth raised his brow when Shukera said she wanted to meet everyone. He thought, "Yeah, one male in particular. Shukera you are so pathetically predictable." He traded a quick glance with Quistis, who held a smirk on her face. It was apparent they were thinking the same thing.

 

Cid, oblivious to the eye contact between Sephiroth and Quistis, continued on with Shukera. "That's the attitude I was hoping for. I am glad to see you are so interested in our organization. You have my permission to start training immediately. Did you bring your weapon?"

 

Shukera nodded and stood up, unsheathing her sword. "Yes I did."

 

Selphie placed her hand over her mouth and giggled, "Hey Squall, that sword is bigger than your gunblade!" She swooned, "Better keep a close eye on that. Seifer will definitely want that for himself!"

 

Sephiroth gritted his teeth together at the mention of Seifer's name. Then Cid dropped the bomb on the both of them. "I want you to meet Seifer Almassy. He is our top fighter and now he will be your training partner."

 

Strangely, for a moment, Sephiroth found himself fighting off the anger that welled up inside him at the thought of Shukera training with someone other than himself. She was his student! Memories of them training together flashed in his mind and he remembered how excited she was to learn new things. Her eyes would glaze over with enthusiasm as she hungered to learn and master her sword. His train of thought was shattered, thankfully, when Cid spoke once again.

 

"Selphie, could you show Shukera around? Introduce her to the others; let her get acquainted with everything. Also get her some practice uniforms for class. I want her to feel like she's one of us. In fact, I want you all to treat her as if she was a part of our organization."

 

Shukera had to really concentrate on what Cid was saying. Her mind kept wandering back to Seifer and the fact that she was going to be training with him. She just smiled and nodded to Cid, "Thank you." She smiled, saluted him, and turned to leave with Selphie not far behind.

 

Sephiroth shot Shukera a glance, but Shukera just turned her head away from him. He was the last person she wanted to look at or be around. Brushing him off, they walked out the door, leaving Cid to continue his meeting with Sephiroth.

 

Cid faced Sephiroth with the same friendly demeanor he had with Shukera. "I figured since you are the leader that you would be interested in learning about the administration level of our organization."

 

Sephiroth, lost in his thoughts once again, just nodded without saying anything. Cid motioned to Quistis as he replied, "I want you to show Sephiroth around. Explain to him how the administration level works."

 

Quistis grinned widely; her eyes flirted with his, "I will be glad to." She offered her arm to him. "Shall we? I will take you on a tour of the grounds for starters. It's important to know where everything is."

 

Sephiroth stood up and laced his arm thought hers, "Yes, I agree." Together they walked out the room.

 

Squall walked over to the door and shut it. Cid and he had a private closed-door meeting about the visitors and the up coming See D exams.