Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19

 

 

At the same time Shukera noticed two strangely dressed individuals. She pointed at them as she asked, "What's up with them?? They look a bit…different."

 

Selphie laughed, "Oh that's Raijin and Fujin. Behind them should be Seifer, together they make up the Disciplinary Committee."

 

Just as Selphie had said, Seifer walked up behind them, holding that usual smirk on his face. Shukera saw him and immediately took an instant dislike to him. He wasn't at all what she had expected. She felt a sort of forbidding about him, something dark. Disappointed she shook her head and thought, "This is what I left my home for?? This is what I flipped out over?!?!" She became angry with herself. "I came all the way here for that?!"

 

Selphie stopped as she saw Shukera's face change instantly. She faced her as she asked, "Uh, what's wrong Shukera?"

 

She sighed deeply and brushed her bangs out of her face. "Nothing really, just thinking."

 

Selphie nodded, "None of us like him. He is cold, calculating, manipulating, and very conniving. I have no idea why those two even put up with is attitude. He thinks he's better than everyone else."

 

Shukera knew he was going to be trouble. Her gaze shifted to Raijin. She remembered Selphie saying he had been on the computer more often now. Selphie's next statement confirmed Shukera's suspicions.

 

"I feel sorry for Raijin. He's always cared about her, but she only cares about Seifer and kicks Raijin around. They stood by Seifer when he was working for the sorceress."

 

Shukera's eyes grew wide. She was actually visiting the place where her computer friend lived!!! She just mumbled, "I don't get relationships at all…"

 

Across the large circular hall, Raijin looked towards Shukera. He turned away from Fujin and Seifer as he began making his way towards them. Seifer narrowed his eyes and called out, "Where are you going??" Raijin continued to make his way towards them, ignoring Seifer, for once.

 

Shukera paled as she faced Selphie, "I…I…I have to go back to my dorm. There's something I forgot to get."

 

Selphie looked at Shukera, puzzled by her actions. "Huh?? What?? Where you going??"

 

Before Shukera could leave, Raijin walked up to them, and smiled as he nodded to Shukera. "I guess you are our guest I've heard so much about, ya know."

 

Selphie boasted excitedly, "Yes she is!! This is Shukera. Shukera, this is Raijin."

 

Right behind him walked up Seifer and Fujin. Raijin shook Shukera's hand, as did Fujin.

 

"Fujin and Seifer. Seifer is your training partner." Selphie glanced between Seifer and Shukera waiting to see what was going to happen next.

 

Seifer smirked as he looked at Shukera. "So, you are the female combat soldier I heard about."

 

Shukera nodded, "And you are Seifer. I heard you are my training partner."

 

Seifer folded his arms and sighed, "Yeah, I volunteered since there are so few accomplished fighters here. But you, being female, I have my doubts."

 

Shukera immediately thrusted a finger in his face as she spat, "If you have a problem with me being a female, then you shouldn't have volunteered in the first place!"

 

Seifer shrugged, mocking her. "I know. I just figured it would be a challenge. Then I found out that you were the fighter and not Sephiroth. By then, it was too late to back out."

 

Shukera glared at him, fighting the urge to punch him. He was desperately asking for it!! "I'm sure there are a lot of talented fighters here without your ego! Do me a favor and drop out of it!! I don't need to practice with you!"

 

Seifer laughed, "Sorry, you got the best. I'm the most accomplished fighter here."

 

Shukera pointed at him, her rage clearly showing on her face, "You wanted a challenge, you got it!! As far as being the best fighter and most accomplished, we will just have to see about that!! With your ego and arrogance, I have my doubts!! Seems you're overcompensating for something with the size of that ego of yours!! Besides, unless you are as good as Sephiroth, you are wasting my time!! He is the only training partner I ever had and I know you are not anywhere near his level!!"

 

Raijin and Selphie snickered, amused by the exchange of "pleasantries".

 

Seifer held his arms out, "Such coldness. But then again, I didn't expect much else from a Soldier." He sneered the word with disgust.

 

Shukera snapped back. "I didn't expect much else from an egotistical, self-centered ass like you!!"

 

Seifer narrowed his eyes and turned from her abruptly. "Come on guys, let's get out of here! The weathers a bit frosty today!"

 

Shukera glared at him as she shouted, "It could get a lot colder!!"

 

Seifer walked away, ignoring her comment. Fujin followed closely behind him. Raijin grinned brightly, "It was really fun meeting you, ya know. Are you going to be at the party tonight?"

 

Shukera stared at Seifer, still angry by his attitude. Training with him, it was going to be hard not to kill him!! She replied without taking her eyes off the back of Seifer's head. "Yes I'm going."

 

Raijin laughed, "Then save a dance for me, ya know. I'm gonna be there, ya know."

 

Shukera finally smiled as she looked at him. "I'm going to hold you to that dance."

 

Seifer stopped and shouted for Raijin. He faced Shukera and laughed a bit, "Gotta go, ya know. See ya later!" Raijin ran off to join Seifer and Fujin.