Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 22

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22

 

 

Selphie smiled brightly as she grabbed Shukera's hand. "HEY!! Cheer up!! We have a party to go to!!" She stood about arms length from Shukera checking out what she had on. "You look perfect!! Now, let's get going!! It's not good for the guest of honor to be late for their own party!!" Selphie jumped up and down excitedly, "WHOOO HOOOO!!! Time to part-ayy!!"

 

Shukera couldn't help but laugh at Selphie. She wondered, with everything going on back home, if going to a party was such a great idea. But, she also knew that if she didn't go, Selphie would drag her out of the door. Finally she figured it was the best way to get to know the rest of the students who went to garden, and to let them get to know her. "Ok, as long as I get to hang around you guys. The last thing I need or want is to be around Sephiroth!! I hope you don't mind."

 

Selphie pulled Shukera by the arm out of her dorm. "Of course I don't mind!! It's going to be soooo much fun!!!" Selphie lead Shukera down to her own dormitory where she freshened up for the party. After putting on a light touch of make-up, brushing her hair, and fixing her clothes, she was ready to go. Finally they left her dormitory and made their way to Irvine's dormitory.

 

Selphie paused in the hallway in front of Irvine's door. "Oh! I just remembered!!" She snickered before continuing, "You made your first mistake already!!! You promised Raijin a dance. That is not a good thing."

 

Shukera looked at bit concerned. "Uh, why do you say that?? I hope Seifer is not going to beat him up or anything."

 

Selphie shook her head as she laughed. "No, no, no! Nothing like that!! See Raijin has one major problem. Once he gets started, he never knows when to stop. So, you may be stuck with him all night on the dance floor!!!"

 

Shukera smiled as she realized she was getting more comfortable with it. "Ah that's alright. I don't mind dancing a lot." She knew it would be great to get away from the problems for a little while and have fun.

 

Selphie giggled as she knocked on Irvine's door. "Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you!!"

 

Irvine opened the door and smiled widely at Selphie and Shukera. "Alright!!! I get to escort two beautiful women to the party!! Whoo hooo!!! What a lucky guy I am!!!"

 

Selphie giggled like a schoolgirl as Shukera rolled her eyes. It was obvious at that moment who Irvine's influence was. Together they walked down the long hallway towards the Quad where the party was already under way.

 

The three of them chattered on brightly as they entered the archway entrance to the Quad. Immediately Shukera's jaw dropped in awe. The room was very large, equivalent to a ballroom. The entire room was filled with brightly colored decorations of balloons, ribbons, streamers, tablecloths, crepe paper balls and a large banner in the back of the room on the wall that read: Welcome Shukera and Sephiroth!!!

 

Staring at the banner Shukera had a strange feeling come over her. She had never been wanted anywhere she went, and here were people who didn't even know her ready to accept her with open arms. It was beyond anything she had expected when she first met them at the Lunar Gate. Pushing all thoughts aside, Shukera deiced she was going to have a great time that night.

 

Selphie interrupted her thoughts as she grabbed Shukera by the arm and began leading her around to meet several students she knew. After minutes of conversing with the other students, upbeat music filled the room. Immediately, Selphie began to dance. Once again she was grabbed, but this time it was by Irvine who dragged both her and Selphie to the dance floor. To her surprise, she began dancing with them and having a good time. A few songs later they were joined by Squall and Rinoa, followed by Zell and Mia, which formed a large group in the dance floor.

 

Everyone was dancing and laughing when Selphie spotted Raijin making his way towards them. Selphie hit Shukera on the arm and pointed. "Here comes trouble!!!" She burst into a fit of giggles as Raijin tapped Shukera on the arm.

 

"HEY!! Not fair startin without me, ya know!"

 

Shukera smiled, surprisingly happy to see him. "Hi Raijin!! Good to see you! Don't worry, you didn't miss much."

 

Raijin smiled back at her, "Hey, good to see ya too, ya know!" He moved closer to her and held out his hand. "I'm here to collect on my dance, ya know! Are you ready??"

 

Shukera laughed as she placed her hand in his. "Yes I am. Question is, are you ready?? I'm not so sure you will be able to keep up with me."

 

Selphie raised her eyebrow with interest as she eavesdropped on Shukera and Raijin. Raijin laughed, "Is that a challenge??"

 

Shukera winked at Selphie as she replied, "If you want to call it that, Raijin Cajun."

 

Raijin's eyes widened with surprise as his jaw dropped. The look of pure shock was easily read on his face. "Hey!! How do you know…" He stopped in midsentence and looked up at her. "NO WAY!!! You can't be!!!"

 

Shukera smiled happily, "Yes I can and I am." Suddenly Raijin wrapped his arms around her giving her a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around him hugging him back.

 

Irvine and Squall both stopped in midstep and scratched their heads as they chorused, "A girl hugging Raijin?!?!? That's a first!!"

 

Irvine yelled as loud as he could, "QUICK GRAB A CAMERA!!! THIS IS A KODAK MOMENT!!!"

 

Shukera and Raijin parted, both laughing and red faced. Raijin, turning a shade redder, replied, "Very funny, ya know!!" Shukera laughed as she nudged past him, "I am his computer friend and very glad to finally meet him in person." She looked up at Raijin as she added; "I just never thought I would be meeting him here."

 

Raijin turned a deeper shade of red as he scratched the back of his head. "Same here! I'm really surprised!! This is great, ya know!!"

 

Shukera nodded as she smiled, "I do know." Feeling like she had never felt before, Shukera faced the others and clapped her hands. "HEY!! IS THIS A PARTY OR WHAT?? IT'S TIME FOR US TO BE DANCING!! TIME FOR FUN!!!" She stared dancing with Raijin on the dance floor, her face glowing with happiness. For the first time in her life she really felt as though she was where she belonged, which made her even more determined to save the place from Shin Ra.

 

Shukera and Raijin danced together every song. A slow song stared and Raijin pulled her close as he whispered in her ear, "Your secret is safe with me. I will never tell anyone who you really are. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me the truth. If you ever need anyone to talk to while you're here, let me know, ya know." He suddenly became serious as he looked up at her. "You are my best friend Shukera. I am on your side no matter what happens, ya know."

 

Shukera cocked her head to the side as she looked at him, "Thank you Raijin. I have the feeling that things are going to get very ugly very soon. At least I know I can trust you fully." Shukera fell quiet and rested her head against his shoulder.