Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 23

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23

 

 

After the song ended, they all grouped around each other on the edge of the dance floor, talking amongst themselves. Shukera stood next to Raijin and they looked at each other as Sephiroth entered the Quad with Quistis not to far behind. Together they stood at the entrance, holding hands, and looking like a king and queen. They scanned the room before they made their way to Cid's table.

 

Shukera folded her arms as she spat, "Well well, if it isn't Sephiroth…" Raijin added, "And his bitch…I mean Quistis." Shukera laughed, "You don't like her either??" She then told him about the incident that happened with the sword, and the one in the library.

 

They laughed as Shukera place her hand on his shoulder. "You missed it!!! I mean the look on her face was worth all the money in the world!!"

 

Seifer walked up behind Shukera and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey!! What's so funny??" Shukera and Raijin continued laughing to the point that they were in tears. They others faced them as Seifer folded his arms. "I think you two have been hitting the wine too much!"

 

Raijin paused, wiping his eyes as he faced Shukera. "Wine?? What wine??" He gasped as he laughed, "They had wine here tonight and you didn't tell me?!?!" Shukera added, "Damn!! I missed the wine!!!" They looked at each other and began laughing again.

 

Seifer shook his head in disgust. "I can't believe you are the Soldier everyone says you are! You are pathetic!!"

 

Shukera wiped her eyes and smiled mocking his cockiness. "Well, you got one up on me!! I can believe that you are the arrogant, self-centered, pompous ass that I heard you are!"

 

The others snickered as they continued to watch, amused by the confrontation. Seifer was pissed, but kept his cool. "Now now, let's not be so cold. I am only trying to be friendly here, and all you are doing is insulting me."

 

Shukera snapped, "I've seen friendlier snakes."

 

Seifer laughed and brushed off her comment. He held his hand out towards her and smiled. "Come on let's dance!"

 

Shukera shook her head and slapped his hand away. "No! I already have a dance partner thank you very much!!" She smirked, "Besides, I don't want to trip on that ego of yours. It's so big it might make me trip and fall on the floor, which, I'm totally surprised you haven't done that already."

 

Seifer spat as he glared at her, "You're a bitch!!"

 

Shukera shrugged, "Only to you. I'm totally surprised that you are not here with Quistis. You two are a match made in heaven." She winked at him, turned away and walked off. Squall, Rinoa, Selphie, Irvine, Zell, and Mia all followed behind her laughing.

 

Before Raijin could walk away, Seifer grabbed his arm. He pointed his finger in Raijin's face as he snapped, "I hope you are not falling for her or anything!! She is going to be with me!!!"

 

Fujin became upset and turned her back to him.

 

Raijin laughed, "Yeah, I can tell. That's why she's all over you right? I can feel the love between you two and it gets me right here, ya know." He placed his hand on his chest for emphases. Seifer's face flushed red and he narrowed his eyes at Raijin. "You don't know anything!!!! That girl is going to be mine!!!

 

Raijin just laughed and shook his head. "Oh wake up!! She can't even stand being around you, ya know!"

 

Seifer spat, "She wants me!! She doesn't want you!!"

 

Raijin laughed even harder, "Oh yeah, she wants you alright. She wants to kick your ass maybe, but that's about it, ya know! Get over yourself Seifer!! You're killing me, ya know."

 

Seifer became so angry that he didn't know what to do with himself. He turned away from Raijin and stormed off, leaving a sad faced Fujin standing there. Raijin shook his head as he looked at Fujin. "I meant what I said. She can't stand him, nor does she want him, ya know. She's my computer friend and I know her very well, ya know."

 

Fujin just looked at Raijin and slowly smiled. "Seifer." Suddenly she turned and ran after Seifer.

 

Shukera walked up to Raijin and placed her hand on his shoulder. "I'm really sorry. I know how you feel about her and all."

 

He nodded without lifting his head. "He hurts her in any way, and he will be sorry ya know. I never used to stand up to him, but I'm kinda sick of him pushing people around, ya know." He sighed, "What she sees in him is beyond me, ya know." Shukera gently squeezed his shoulder. "It's going to be alright Raijin." He nodded, "I know. Thanks Shukera." Finally he looked up at her, "Watch your back, ya know. Seifer stops at nothing to get what he wants, no matter who he hurts, ya know."

 

Shukera shrugged, "I know he's your friend and all, but there's something about him I just don't trust. It's something I can't really place."

 

"I know. He's changed like night and day, ya know. Kinda like all of a sudden. Now, I only hang around them because of Fujin. I think she needs protection from him, ya know. But she'd kill me if she knew that." He lowered his voice and waved his hand, "I know she's really upset over the way he feels about you, ya know."

 

Shukera looked away sadly, "I'm sorry about that." She thought for a second, replaying Raijin's words over in her mind. "You said Seifer changed like night and day. What exactly did you mean?"

 

Raijin sighed, "He used to be cool and understanding. After the incident with Ultimecia, he became compassionate, caring. Now, he's like someone I don't even know or like for that matter, ya know. Before I would have done anything for him. We were a posse, ya know. As much as I want to just walk away, I can't. He's a friend, ya know."

 

Shukera heard stories about the effects of maco on a person, Seifer held all the signs of maco poisoning. Now to find out where he was getting it.

 

Raijin scratched his head; he held a look of frustration on his face. "I don't know what to do for him anymore, ya know. It's a bit…" He trailed off and shook his head. Finally he smiled half-heartedly at Shukera. "I'm glad you are here, ya know. I leave Seifer in your hands." He frowned at how strangely familiar those words sounded. It was not so long ago that he had spoken the very same words to Squall. The thought made him feel even more frustrated. "Agh, I'm doing it again!! I couldn't help Seifer that last time he got into trouble, ya know."

 

Shukera looked at Raijin thoughtfully, "That's why you are going to help me. I am here to protect him and Rinoa. I know with your help, we can find out what's going on here and who's behind it all."

 

Raijin nodded, "Just tell me what we need to do, and I'm there, ya know. This time I'm not gonna leave him in the hands of someone else, ya know."

 

Shukera smiled, "I will let you know." She looked away from him for a moment and sighed, "Give me a few days to sort this out and I will let you know where we go from here."

 

Raijin nodded, "I got ya." Finally Shukera smiled more happily and grabbed his arm. "Hey!! We're at a party! Let's go enjoy ourselves!" She grabbed Raijin's hand and pulled him along as she joined Selphie and the others.