Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 33

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 33

 

 

Garden was buzzing with activity as everyone began preparing for the invasion. Cadets ran around frantically as they took their positions, ready for battle. They changed their battle strategies, thanks to Shukera's advice. Now it was time to put it to work. Another team rushed to get food ready, pack the equipment into the Ragnarok, and prepared them for their for space flight. Laguna was notified immediately and began making preparations for their arrival and departure. Large crates of food and supplies were being gathered and loaded on to the Ragnarok.

 

Shukera quickly ran down to her dorm where she slipped into a pair of black pants, combat boots and a sleeveless turtle neck shirt, a pair of leather gloves with the fingers cut out. She braided her hair and pulled the braid up away from her neck. On her wrists was a pair of black leather wraps. Around her waist was a thick black leather belt that hung off her hip. Around her neck she wore a necklace she had for as long as she could remember, a black stone fitted within a silver casing. After she dressed, she quickly packed a small backpack, grabbed her laptop and sword, then ran out of the room.

 

When she finally joined the others, she pulled out a mastered Comet materia, a mastered Knights of the Round materia, a mastered 4X Cut and a Counter materia that she had been saving for this moment. She fitted them into her sword and grinned, "I have something for a mister Hojo." She slipped her leather trench coat on and swung her sword around, ready for the battle.

 

Selphie watched curiously as she fitted the materia into her sword. She admired the colorful stones. "Whoa!!! Those are pretty!!!"

 

Shukera showed her the different colored stones in her sword, which was more than she ever used at one time. "They are materia. I usually don't use them, but this is a special occasion. They give us our magic abilities."

 

Seifer waved slightly when he saw Shukera. He smiled as he approached her with his gunblade resting upon his shoulder and one hand shoved into his pocket. "Everyone is ready to go. The ship is packed and prepared for the trip. The defenses are holding off the invading army so far."

 

Shukera nodded, "Good, let's get going while we still can!!"

 

A few minutes later everything was completed and set to go. Nida decided to go with them to pilot the ship while they rested for the battle ahead. All of the See Ds and cadets were manning their posts; the hallways were left deserted. Cid walked out to the group and shook their hands.

 

"Good luck everyone. Take care, be safe, and don't worry about anything back here. We have everything under control. You guys concentrate on what you have to do and let us handle the rest. Good luck once again, and come back to us." He saluted the group and they saluted back. One by one they boarded the ship as the invading army began assaulting the first line of defense. Moments later, they were ready for take off. Nida guided the ship out of the hanger and they were on their way.

 

From the window they could see the black clad army swarming around the entire area of the garden. Selphie looked down at them almost in tears. Shukera grasped her hand and gently squeezed it. "Don't worry; we will save your home. Garden will not fall into Shin Ra's hands. Now it's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen." She added a smile, hoping to comfort the upset girl. "Besides, I'm one of you guys now. This…is my home as well."

 

Selphie looked up at Shukera and slowly smiled, "Thanks Shukera…for everything."

 

Squall hugged Rinoa as he stood looking down at the invasion, feeling angry that he couldn't be there to help. He couldn't say anything, because there were no words to say. They had their mission; everything was riding upon their success. Quietly, he turned away from the window and took his seat.