Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 32

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32

 

 

Seifer grabbed Shukera into his arms and quickly carried her back to Cid's office. Fujin read the note as she followed them. Seifer burst into the office, making everyone look up. He laid Shukera down on the couch and stepped back from her.

 

 

Selphie rushed to Shukera's side as she called her name, "Shukera!! What's wrong with her??" She gently shook Shukera but nothing happened. Raijin's face turned red from rage and punched a hole in the wall. "Damn them!!!!"

 

Cid quickly called the doctor to his office and explained to her what happened over the phone. The doctor told Cid she would be right over. Moments later, the doctor entered the office and began working on reviving Shukera.

 

When Shukera came to, she immediately started cursing, "I'm going to kill that bastard Sephiroth myself!!!! He messed with my friends and I'm not going to take that laying down!!!" Her eyes became clouded with tears as she spat, "RENO DIED BECAUSE OF ME!!!! BASTARDS!!! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!!"

 

Raijin tried to calm her down, but was failing miserably. When he realized she was beginning to get out of control, he drew back his hand. "Forgive me Shukera, but at the moment this is the only way." He smacked Shukera across the face.

 

"This is just crazy!!! What the hell are those people doing over there?!?!" Selphie shouted as she stomped her foot. "This is all crazy!!!"

 

Shukera stared at Raijin blankly for a second, shocked that he hit her. But was thankful when it made her began to collect her thoughts more clearly.

 

Fujin handed Cid the note to read and he looked at everyone when he finished reading it. "I think its time we made a trip to this place and face them this so called Shin Ra head on!!"

 

Selphie cheered, "Whooo Hoooo!!! It's about time!! Let's go smash em and blow em to smithereens!!!! We'll show them it's not good to mess with See Ds!!!"

 

Shukera looked up at Raijin and nodded, "I'm…better. Thanks." She grasped his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze then let go of it. She shifted her position and faced the group. "I'm going to Midgar and finish off Shin Ra!!" She made a tight fist as she stared away from them. Her hand began turning white from the pressure of her fist. "Sephiroth will pay for what he did to my friend!!!"

 

Seifer walked up behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm going with you. Where you go, I will follow."

 

Rinoa stood up, "Yeah that goes for me as well."

 

Squall began to protest until Selphie jumped up and down. "Me too!!!" He placed his hand on his hip and sighed. "I guess we are going to Midgar then."

 

Irvine nodded, "Yep!!! We sure are going to Midgar with you. Besides, it's been boring around here lately."

 

Shukera shook her head. "No, you can't!! I don't want to lose anyone else I care about…"

 

Selphie cut her off. "Shukera you are like the sister I have never had. I or we can't let you do this alone!!"

 

Shukera gazed at Seifer as she replied; "All I will be doing is leading you to Shin Ra. I have to do what I can to protect you. I can't allow you to go…"

 

Seifer chuckled, "Do you know why I attacked you even though Quistis held your hands??"

 

Shukera lowered her gaze and shook her head, "No, I thought you were being mean."

 

Seifer shook his head as he became serious, which was something he never did too many times before. "No. I believed in your ability to fight. I knew you could easily escape from Quistis. You are one of the best fighters I have ever seen, so I know I'll be safe."

 

Shukera turned away from him and shook her head. "I can't…you don't know what you are asking me to do."

 

Seifer stood behind her and turned her around to face him. "I do know what I'm asking. Shukera I stood there the whole time Quistis and Sephiroth were plotting against you. I helped them because I was lied to the entire time you were here. They made me believe that you were against us. It wasn't until I saw Sephiroth sneak into your room and steal your PC that I started to question things for myself. I know first hand what we are up against. I saw you that night in the training center and believe me, if they would have seen you; they would have tried to kill you."

 

Selphie protested, "Hey! You risked your life to protect us!!"

 

Cid nodded, "Yes, I know that because I have had several meetings with Sephiroth and Quistis. He was trying to get you executed but I refused to go through with it. He has been trying to convince me that you were going to take over the garden for your own selfish desires."

 

Squall finally spoke up, "Shukera, bottom line is they messed with our home and that is nothing we are going to take lightly. We are going with you to face Shin Ra and show them that they cannot push people around any way they feel like!!"

 

Selphie jumped up and down as she raised her arm. "It's time to show them that they picked on the wrong ones this time!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!!"

 

Shukera glanced at Raijin. He smirked as he added, "You know what they say about an Avalanche right?? The shit builds as it rolls down hill, ya know. Let's give em some shit they won't know how to deal with!!"

 

Seifer winked at Shukera as he replied, "Ah what a good night for ass kicking."

 

"Fine, you got me. I'm in. I think Avalanche just grew in size." She laughed as she looked at them. "I just hope you guys know what you are doing."

 

Squall walked over to Shukera and saluted her. "As head of See D I'm shifting my leadership on to you. You are not the one who will take over and lead us to victory over Shin Ra."

 

"Alright! Now here's what we need to do. Make sure your weapons are in top shape. NO See D uniforms!! Trust me you don't want to stand out. Wear something you can easily fight in. You will need all ultimate magic you can find, which is a major necessity. I don't mean to be ugly or anything but there cannot be any second-guessing yourselves. Shin Ra does not play by anyone's rules!! Remember, there is no code or honor they follow…its kill or be killed with them. Don't trust anyone outside your immediate group. And you are to treat everyone as if they are the enemy." She faced Seifer and added, "You stay with me at all times. They are dying to get their hands on you. Squall, keep Rinoa safe, don't let them get their hands on her!!" She looked at the others. "I have to let my brother know we are coming so he can set up a meeting place for us. So, are there any questions??"

 

Selphie touched the bottoms of her boots as she raised her foot. "Yeah, when do we leave?!?!"

 

Shukera smiled, they were enthusiastic to say the least. Their good spirits were definitely going to be needed to over come the shock of the dismal and dreary world she came from. "We can leave as soon as we finish the preparations. So, let's get moving!!"

 

Selphie jumped up in the air, "Alright!!!"

 

Zell suddenly burst in the office with Xu right behind him. They rushed to Cid's desk as Xu replied quickly, "The garden is being invaded as we speak!! There's a black clad army rushing in!!!"

 

Shukera spun around and gasped, "Soldier!!! The hell Sephiroth is doing now???"

 

Cid hurried from behind his desk and faced Squall. "Get them out of here now!! Take them to the Lunar Gate with the Ragnarok!! Don't worry about us; we have this place covered!! Get over to Shin Ra and destroy them!!!"

 

Squall went to protest until Shukera shook her head, "He's right! If we can get to Shin Ra we will save this place!!! We can stop them from the headquarters, I'm sure of it!! Let's go while we have the chance!!"

 

Squall drew in a deep breath as he thought about it briefly, "You're right, let's go!!"