Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 40

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 40

 

 

The group boarded the airship pumped about their mission. Once everyone was aboard, Cid took the ship to the sky and guided it towards the patch of trees where they first met Yuffie. A few minutes later Cid dropped the ship down into the trees. By the time the ship was completely on the ground, everyone was ready to go.

 

They departed the ship and snuck into the town that surrounded the outside of Junon. From there they knocked out the guy who was operating the elevator and filed on to it. Shukera pressed the button to go up and the large metal platform began to rise with a groan. With a jerk, the metal platform came to a halt and everyone began filing out of the elevator.

 

They entered the area of the city that led to the outer part but it was eerily quiet. They searched door after door and found no one. The area seemed to be deserted.

 

Rinoa shivered and rubbed her arms. "It's too quiet around here! It gives me the creeps!!"

 

Selphie agreed, "Yeah it's like a ghost town!!"

 

Shukera lead them to the Soldier's headquarters. The door was kicked in already so they stepped inside. The place was in complete shambles. Beds were thrown off the frame, uniforms were thrown about, wall lockers thrown open and stuff hanging out of them, walls busted up, windows broken, and all over the walls the words, "NO MORE SHIN RA" were spray painted.

 

Cid chuckled, "I guess it's safe to say there is no more Soldier." Irvine laughed and shook his head, "I think you may be right."

 

Shukera left the building; it was rather obvious that Harris and the others had been though there. The group moved on down the street and stopped at a bar towards the end of the street. Barett and Cid stopped in their tracks and folded their arms.

 

Barett replied, "That's where the Turks hang out! They're the last idiots I wanna see!!"

 

Shukera walked up to the door and pressed her hand against it. "I hope they are here, they're on our side." She laughed, "You never know who your allies are huh Barett!!" Smiling she stepped inside leaving the others in the street.

 

The bar was dark and quiet. The floor crunched under Shukera's feet as she stepped through all the broken glass. Things were smashed, walls were torn up once again, and across the main wall of the bar were the words, "NO MORE SHIN RA!!" spray-painted across it in huge letters.

 

A whimpering sound was heard behind the bar and Shukera raced over to see who or what it was. She held her sword out at ready as she cautiously approached the bar. She lifted her sword above her head and jumped behind the bar, ready to strike.

 

"NOOOOOO!!!!"

 

Shukera blinked to see a familiar face sitting on the floor looking back at her. She sheathed her sword and helped Elena to her feet. "What the hell happened here?? Where is everyone??"

 

Elena cried, "I'm so glad to see you!! Reno has lost his mind and turned against us, Rude disappeared and they have T-seng!! A little while ago a mob came through here and literally destroyed the place. I heard them coming down the street shouting and I hid under the bar." She gazed around the place in disbelief as she continued, "Shukera, I hate to say it, but Reno was only friends with you and Aerith to keep Shin Ra informed of your every move. They hired him to be you and Aerith's friend."

 

Shukera looked away for a moment, stunned by what she heard. "Elena, come with us. This place is empty; I say we blow it up."

 

Elena shouted, "Wait!! There's something in the Underwater Reactor you need to see!!"

 

Shukera sighed a bit irritated, "Fine." She walked over to Barett and Squall. "We have to break up into two groups. I will take Selphie, Irvine, Cloud, and Tifa with me."

 

Squall nodded and added, "I'm going to stay here with Rinoa and the others. I want to keep her far away from Shin Ra."

 

Shukera sighed, "Yeah, there's no telling what's down there, you guys would be better off out here. In the mean time, when we return, I want to blow this place to hell and back!!"

 

Zell pumped his fist, "Leave that to me!!!" He turned to the others, "Raijin, Fujin, Nanaki, Vincent, Barett, Cid you guys give me a hand. We're gonna produce the greatest fireworks this world has ever seen!!!!"

 

Barett nodded, "Gotcha!!"

 

Zell rubbed his hands together, "Alright!! One massive explosion coming right up!!!"

 

Yuffie walked up to them from one of the alleyways and laughed, "So you're going to blow this place up??"

 

Tifa's eyes widened with she saw her, "HEY!! It's good to see you again!!"

 

Yuffie smirked, "Yeah I know, you are thinking how you ever got along without me. Well, I'm back and ready for action!! I was bored at that old stuffy town and wanted to check out the area here. But, there's some group who just ran through here and trashed the place."

 

Zell smiled widely as he faced her. "I could fill ya in while they go do what they have to do."

 

Barett and Cid traded a glance and laughed then Barett faced Zell, "Let's git this show on the road!!!"