Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 44

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 44

 

 

The Highwind landed among the trees of the Ancient Forest. One by one, the group left the ship and gathered on the ground next to it. Not too far away they could hear the mob that they knew Harris was leading, chanting and celebrating. Through the forest, the words CSB echoed from the mob that gathered near the center.

 

Shukera and Selphie traded a glance and led them through the forest towards the noisy group. When she saw them, she was surprised to find the members of Solder lined up in formation. Harris saluted Shukera the moment he saw her.

 

"Everyone is here!" He dropped his salute and rested his hands behind his back.

 

Shukera sighed and shook her head. "Harris, we are no longer in Soldier. Just relax. You did a great job in gathering them here."

 

Harris nodded and asked excitedly, "What's next Comm…Shukera? Oh, just to let you know, the one's who sided with Shin Ra are expecting you to attack so they have the Shin Ra building completely fortified. They are not allowing anyone in or out of the city."

 

Shukera grinned as she glanced back towards the others. "We give them what they want then. We hit Midgar hard with everything we have! This planet is not theirs to kill off for money!! We are going to take back what is ours and let them know that we are not backing down!!"

 

A thunderous roar erupted as the mob cheered and waved their weapons in the air, "NO MORE SHIN RA!!!"

 

Shukera faced Cloud and folded her arms. "We need a way in that will make us unnoticed."

 

Cid laughed, "Ha, we parachute in from above! We've done it before; we can easily do it again."

 

Selphie jumped up and down excitedly, "WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! I'm up for that!!!"

 

Zell made thumbs up notion and grinned. Irvine tipped his hat and rested his hand on Selphie's shoulder. Rinoa laughed and looked at Squall, who placed his hand on his hip. "Parachuting huh? Well, I say we do it! We have to do something or Shin Ra will be destroying our world soon as well." He nodded to Shukera as he thought about the garden and wondered if everyone was alright.

 

Selphie cheered, "Alllllright!!! Irvy, we're going sky diving!!!!" Irvine patted his stomach and looked over at Squall for help. "Yeah, sounds like fun."

 

Raijin and Fujin nodded to each other, then Raijin faced Shukera. "Count us in, ya know." Fujin said nothing though Raijin knew she was only doing it for Seifer. He glanced at her and smirked, "We gotta get our friend back, ya know."

 

Shukera smiled and winked at Raijin, "Yeah I know." She turned and faced Harris. "Get all of the people out of the slums, and I mean everyone! I don't want one single life form left behind!! I don't care if it's a cat, dog what ever, get them out!!! When you are done, fire two orange flares into the sky. That's when we will finish the off the steel pizza!! You will meet with resistance, but don't give up!! This isn't going to be easy, but just think; this is what the people need. You are fighting for people who cannot fight for themselves." She raised her voice as she stood before the Soldier group. "This is going to be the biggest fight we have ever seen!! We will show Shin Ra that they are not going to beat us!! They may have survived the meteor incident, but they will not survive this war!!! They trained us to be fighters and warriors, let's show them what we can do!!!!"

 

Another thunderous roar erupted from the now fired up Soldiers. Guys were waving their weapons, high-fiving each other, some were smacking their chests together, others where chanting, "NO MORE SHIN RA!!!"

 

Harris laughed at the crowd and looked at Shukera. "We won't let you down."

 

When the mob calmed down Shukera became serious. "You guys are the greatest group I have ever had working under me when I was in Soldier. It was really an honor to have you guys then and it's an honor to have you with us now. Be safe and make sure you get everyone out."

 

Harris nodded, "We'll do!" He turned around and waved at the mob, "LET'S GO!! NEXT STOP MIDGAR SLUMS!!!'

 

The mob ran out of the forest and boarded the waiting airship they commandeered from Shin Ra. Luckily it was larger than the Highwind and had a little more speed. They began filing into the ship and sped off towards Midgar when they finally got everyone aboard.

 

Shukera faced the others and laughed, "They have never changed. They are ready for a battle just as they always were." She shifted her gaze to Nanaki. "Now we should go and see your grandfather. I want answers and it will give them time to evacuate the slums." She offered a smile as she patted Nanaki on the head like Aerith used to do. "Lead the way."

 

Nanaki nodded, "I'll be glad to."