Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 47

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 47

 

 

A little while later the group gathered at the gate leading into the Sector 7 slums. Barett lowered his head and sighed, "I lost some close friends, good comrades here. It…was a sad sight to see…"

 

Shukera gasped, "Those people were supposed to be evacuated from this place before that plate dropped!! I had Reeve…" She trailed off as she realized what she was saying. Rage coursed through her as she thought about everything Shin Ra did. This was the last straw!!! It didn't dawn on her till then that Reeve had been working with Shin Ra all along. She looked at the destruction that laid around and gritted her teeth. "Reeve, Reno, Scarlet…they are mine!!!"

 

Selphie jumped up and down filled with anger at what she had seen and heard since she had been there. "HEY!!!! Leave some for us!!!"

 

Barett took in a deep breath waiting for someone to ask the question. When he heard no one asking it, he did it for them. "What about Sephiroth??"

Shukera spat, "He's nothing but a worthless pawn in Shin Ra's game!!! Just like I was!! We were both used in their little drama performed for the world to see!!!" She swung her sword around and slashed through the fence. "NOT ANY MORE!!!!" She pushed the broken fence aside and climbed through it.

 

The others followed behind Shukera making sure they didn't scratch themselves on the sharp edge of the metal. Tifa ran ahead with Barett and Cloud to survey the area. The whole area that spread before them was nothing but a mass of broken debris and charcoaled buildings from when the plate was dropped.

 

Selphie couldn't believe her eyes. The more she saw the angrier she had gotten. Irvine stood close by her and kept his hand upon her shoulder to keep her somewhat calm. But he knew after seeing that mess, it was almost impossible.

 

Shukera spun around surveying the area. "All those people…why?? Why did this have to happen again??"

 

From off to the left Tifa called to them. "Hey over here!! We found the old hideout!!"

 

Shukera nodded to Selphie and raced towards the sound of her voice. After carefully following Tifa through the debris, the group stood in front the hideout.

 

Selphie gripped her numchuks and glared towards the broken down structure. Irvine stood closely behind as he wondered what they got themselves involved in.

 

Squall nodded to Shukera to let her know he was ready. Shukera grasped her sword tightly and pressed her lips into a thin line.

 

Suddenly they heard Reno laughing loudly and Shukera gritted her teeth. She quietly made her way inside, making sure not to alert anyone to her presence. Behind her stepped in Cloud, Squall, and Raijin. When Barett stepped through the door, a floorboard creaked. The group froze and they held their breaths.

 

Down below Reno glanced at the ceiling and asked, "What's that noise??"

 

Barett pointed to the false floorboard that hid the secret area, the room they once used as their own hideout. Cloud lifted his sword, slashed the floorboard and jumped down into the room below. Shukera jumped down after Cloud and landed in front of Reno. She knew by the expression on his face that she had caught him by surprise. Behind Shukera, Squall jumped down and held his gunblade at ready.

 

Reno grinned and held his arms open, "Well, well, if it isn't my lover!!"

 

Shukera held her sword in front of her and pointed it at Reno. "I never was nor will I ever be you lover!! We came for Rinoa and Aerith!! LET THEM GO!!!"

 

Reno laughed, "Ha, why not enlighten everyone here and tell them how I was the first?? Tell them how we got drunk and had the time of our lives. Honestly, having to drug someone to take advantage of them isn't my idea of a good time. But hey, all in a day's work I always say. I was paid well to do what I did with you. And while you are at it, you can fill in Strife as to how you knew about Aerith's daughter but didn't bother telling him." He glanced at Cloud and laughed, "That's right, Aerith has a child. Sorry to say Cloud, someone beat you to defiling the innocence of the ancient."

 

A shocked expression formed on Cloud's face as he stared at Shukera. "What the hell is he talking about??"

 

Reno replied sarcastically, "Ah don't bother, you're not going to live long enough to think about it!!"

 

Grey mako laced eyes glared at Reno full of hatred. That one single moment caused so much pain in her life and destroyed the only thing she believed in. Her hand turned white as she gripped her sword tightly. The steel blade was lifted over her head as she charged Reno.

 

Light flickered off a pair of glasses as the white coated scientist stepped from the shadows. He smirked as he addressed Cloud, Shukera, and Squall. "You're just in time for the show!! My new creation is about to make its appearance. I'm sure you would not want to miss it."

 

Seifer walked up from one of the rooms and drew his gunblade. His eyes were wild and unfocused; his mouth plastered in a smirk. Behind him stepped out Fujin with someone else. She shoved the figure forward and it stood there with its head down and hands bound before them.

 

By this time Selphie, Irvine, and Raijin had jumped down into the room with their weapons ready. They stopped when they saw Seifer and Fujin standing there.

 

Hojo walked up next to the figure and fingered the hood that concealed the face. "Time to unveil my grandest creation ever!!!" He took the silk cloth into his hand and pulled it off the figure's head.

 

The group gasped when they saw Rinoa. She stood before them; her eyes appeared void of life, her skin pale white. She swayed back and forth, in the same manner as she did when Edea had her in the trance.

 

Seifer laughed as he smirked at Raijin, "My own best friend. Tell me Raijin, are you going to join Fujin and I or are you going to turn against us, taking that bitch's side??"

 

Raijin glared at Seifer in defiance and made no move to join him.

 

Seifer nodded and faced Fujin, "At least I know who my true friends are." He walked to Rinoa and caressed her arm then moved behind her. He glanced at Squall as he whispered in her ear, "Kill him!!! Kill him and rid us of these losers once and for all!! He stands in the way of our success!!!"

 

Rinoa fixed her lifeless eyes upon Squall and stepped towards him. In an instant her eyes began to glow red as she lifted her hand. "I will destroy you!!!"

 

Selphie jumped up and down as she shouted, "RINOA!!!! WE'RE YOUR FRIENDS!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!"

 

Hojo laughed, "Talk to her all you want, but she cannot hear you. Her mind is sealed along with her memories."

 

Squall hissed as he drew his gunblade, "I will kill you!!!!" Before he could attack the scientist, he was hit with a wave of energy and was forced backwards.

 

Shukera shouted, "Where's my sister!!! I want to see her now!!!

 

Reno reached out and grabbed Aerith's arm and forcefully threw her down. Her hand was clasped around a smaller hand. A sickening thud was heard as her and her daughter's lifeless bodies hit the ground at Shukera's feet. All the blood drained from her face as she looked down at Aerith in horror. Everything else around her seemed to fade away as she knelt down next to Aerith and felt her cold skin. Tears of rage blinded her instantly. "Aerith…"

 

Cloud blinked as he stared at Aerith's lifeless form on the ground and the white headed girl that layed next to her. It became pretty obvious to him who the father of her child was. "What???" He looked up at Hojo and shouted, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO AERITH?!?!?!"

 

Hojo shrugged, "It wasn't me. I only left her with Seifer for a short time and when I returned, she was in this state. Good thing I have found something more valuable, otherwise, that young man would be lying there next to her." He placed his hands behind his back and turned away from them. "Please do enjoy yourselves. I have work that needs to be finished. Be so kindly as to let yourselves out when you are done, that is, if you can." Laughter filled the area as Hojo disappeared, leaving the group to face their friends.

 

Reno shook his head, "What's the matter Cloud, you seem a bit surprised. Incase you haven't realized it yet; I shall reveal the name of her child's father. It's Sephiroth. I think the hair was a dead give away, wouldn't you agree??"

 

Shukera slowly lifted her head as she stood up. "You…I should have killed you when I had the chance!! I have always known you were a bastard!!!" She lifted her sword and charged Reno.

 

Seifer came from behind Reno and charged Shukera with his gunblade. She lifted her sword just in time to block his blow. She shoved him back forcefully and swung her sword at him again when Seifer struck at her. Metal clashing with metal filled the room as the two forcefully opposed each other.

 

Reno gritted his teeth and spat, "GET HER SEIFER!!"

 

Squall charged Seifer out of rage, but Rinoa held her hand up and struck him with dark energy. He hit the opposite wall and stood up weakly. "Rinoa…" He closed his eyes and the sound of metal hitting the floor filled the room. "I can't…I can't fight you. I promised I would protect you no matter what happened." He stumbled towards her as a tear fell from his eye. "Rinoa…you have to fight this…"

 

Barett jumped down, aimed his gun arm at Reno, and spat, "I'm gonna pump so many holes in you're ass you're gonna need tape just to drink a beer!!!"

 

Reno laughed, "Ha, do that and this whole place will cave in upon us. You will instantly kill all your friends. Do you want their deaths on your hands along with…what were their names…" He paused for a moment and added mockingly, "Oh yeah, Biggs, Wedge, and Jesse."

 

Barett gritted his teeth and lowered his gun. Reno was right…he would kill them all if he fired at him. Feeling helpless he glanced at Cloud. "Yo man, what we gonna do??"

 

Selphie clutched her numchuks in her hands and spat, "We fight!!! We take back our friends and show these idiots that they can't go around doing what ever they want to people!!!"

 

Irvine slung is rifle on his shoulder and nodded, "Yeah!!! I'm with ya Selphie!!!"

 

Before they could attack Squall swung his arm behind him and spat, "NO!!!! WE CAN'T FIGHT RINOA!!! REGARDLESS OF THE CONDITION SHE'S IN WE CANNOT FIGHT HER!!!! THERE'S GOT TO BE ANOTHER WAY!!!"

 

Seifer pointed his gunblade in Shukera's face and laughed, "There is no other way, unless she surrenders. Otherwise, we will kill every last one of you."

 

Tifa knelt down next to Aerith and shook her gently. "Wake up!! You have to wake up!!"