Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 46

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 46

 

 

When Shukera boarded the ship she found Raijin and Selphie waiting for her. Red faced she nodded to them and laughed out of not knowing what else to do. Irvine stood behind Selphie and scratched his head feeling confused. "Did I miss something??"

 

Barett walked up to Shukera with a wide grin on his face. "I surely didn't `pect this when I decided to fight Shin Ra the second time!!"

 

Shukera's face turned an even deeper shade of red. "I had no idea either, believe me."

 

Barett walked off and joined the others in the cockpit area where Cid was flying the ship.

 

Shukera felt the weight of the world on her shoulders and wondered if she could really do what she had to do. Her heart was not so pure, her feelings…she didn't know what she felt other than confusion. Her mind swam as she lowered her head and sighed.


Behind her Fujin stepped up with her arms folded. "You know…you failed Seifer. I have wanted to say that for a while now. If it wasn't for you…he would still be safe." She glared at Shukera, "It's all your fault!! Now what are you going to do??? Are you going to let Shin Ra ruin him?? Damn it Shukera!!! If you even have the slightest feelings inside of you for him, then you have to do what you can to save him!!" She leaned against the wall and lowered her head. "I…would die for him if I had to…" She looked up at Shukera with tears in her eyes. "Are you willing to do that for Seifer??"

 

Shukera shook her head and said nothing. She got tired of Fujin's melodrama and brushed past her as she walked out the room.

 

Fujin punched the wall and ran her lowered her head as she whispered, "I knew you wouldn't…"

 

Raijin walked up and folded his arms. "The hell you doin'?? Shukera's under enough pressure as it is without you adding on, ya know!! Just trust her, she'll get Seifer back, ya know."

 

Shukera walked into the conference room and plopped down in a chair. Cloud and Tifa had the map spread out across the table and were examining the burnt hole in it that marked Aerith's location. Tifa tapped on the map as she smiled at Cloud.

 

"Look familiar?? Take a closer look."

 

Barett leaned over the map and his eyes widened. "I'll be damned!!! Those stupid asses!!!"

 

Cloud nodded and stood up straight. "Yeah, Sector 7…Seventh Heaven. Damn…of all the places…"

 

Tifa shook her head, "That's bad…that place is going to collapse at any time."

 

Shukera stood up and punched the table. "Damn it!!! We have to hurry before that place falls in and kills them!!!"

 

Barett waved his gun arm, "Looks like a trap, you know!!" He faced Squall's group and shook his head, "This's gonna be really dangerous!! Shin Ra dropped a plate down on the people and destroyed the whole area. It's nutten more than rubble now."

 

Just then Cid's voice sounded over the intercom. "We are above Midgar now, prepare for departure!!"

 

Shukera grabbed her sword. "I don't care if it's a trap or not, I have to get my sister and Seifer out of there!!! Let's go!!"

 

Reno was still tied up on the floor. He laughed in mockery as he replied, "This is so damned funny!! The look on your faces knowing that Shin Ra is down there waiting for you!! It's hilarious!!!"

 

Elena walked over to him and punched him in the mouth. "I never like that bastard!!" She followed Shukera out towards the deck and grabbed a parachute. The others joined them on the deck and prepared to jump. Cloud was the last one to join them as he rolled up the map and stuck it in the sheath of his sword. Cloud pointed to the fenced perimeter of the city.

 

"We can sneak in through that fenced in area with the darkness; no one will be able to see us. I say we land over there." He pointed to the mountain area near the city, "And take that pathway leading into the fenced in area. I think it would take us about an hour tops!!"

 

Shukera nodded, "Sounds like a plan!"

 

The group stepped up to the side of the ship and jumped two by two. Soon the sky was dotted with several parachutes, masked in the darkness by dark colors.

 

The group landed on the ground and prepared for the hike. They readied their weapons and began making their way to the city. A couple of hours took them to the edge of the city where Cloud, Tifa, Barett, Nanaki and Aerith had left Midgar five years before. Now, they had come full circle, with the exception of Aerith. They knew it was only a matter of time before Aerith was with them again.

 

Shukera stared at the city and noted how it stood brightly against the night. The majestic structure made her feel a bit dizzy after a moment. The dizziness she experienced began to affect her equilibrium and she stumbled to the ground.

 

When Shukera opened her eyes, she was once again surrounded by fog. She jumped to her feet when she heard a scream. Shukera followed the sound and found herself standing behind Aerith who was on the floor crying over someone. Shukera was reluctant to see whom it was laying on the floor. Slowly she looked past Aerith and her fear was confirmed.

 

The child was lying on the floor, pale faced, unconscious, and barely breathing. Aerith sensed Shukera behind her and turned around. Her face was tear streaked and her eyes filled with worry. Aerith wore a helpless expression on her face. "I don't know what else to do for her!! She's fading fast Shukera!! That Seifer guy took her and returned her to me in this state!!! Hojo did her something!!!"

 

Shukera grabbed Aerith's arms and pleaded with her. "You have to save her!!! Don't give up on her Aerith!!"

 

Someone walked into the door and grinned. "There's nothing you can do. She's ours now!!!" He laughed and stepped closer to Aerith. "When she wakes up, Seifer will kill the both of you!!! She has served her purpose; I no longer need her. When he's finished, he's going to bring me the last piece of the creation I need!! Then it will be all over!!! MY SON WILL ONCE AGAIN HAVE HIS POWER!!!"

 

Aerith paled as she cradled her daughter against her and faced Shukera. "Please hurry!!! Come and save us!!"

 

Shukera screamed Seifer's name and startled everyone around her. She bolted awake screaming. Selphie and Tifa had to calm her down before they could move on. Shukera clutched on to Selphie's arm as she sobbed, "They turned him against us Selphie! I failed to protect him and now he's going to kill my sister and…" She looked away hiding the fact of Aerith having a child.

 

Selphie smiled reassuringly, "Don't worry; we are going to get them back Shukera and everything will be alright. You will see." She held up a finger and laughed, "Burgenhagen said you have to believe and you do not believe." She winked teasingly.

 

Raijin ran up to them out of breath. "Reno is gone!! So is Fujin!! I can't find them anywhere!!"

 

Squall ran up to them looking rather upset. "She's gone!!!! They snatched Rinoa from me!!!"

 

Shukera blinked, "What??"

 

Squall clutched his hand into a fist and spat, "Reno!! Him and Seifer took Rinoa!!! Seifer was here!!!"

 

Selphie jumped up and down as she held her hands before her, "They are not going to get away with this!!! We fought Seifer before and beat him good, we can do it again!!!" It was time for action!!

 

Shukera jumped to her feet and gritted her teeth. "We need to hurry and stop them!! Seifer's going to bring Rinoa to Hojo, I just know it!!" She faced Raijin and lowered her head, "They ordered Seifer to kill Aerith. I may have to fight him…I'm not going to let anything happen to my sister!!!"

 

Raijin shook his head. Seifer had gone too far this time. When he lifted his head he found Squall, Selphie, Irvine, and Zell looking at him. He knew what they were thinking by their expression. Sighing, he nodded, "I will fight with you guys. Seifer…went too far this time, ya know!! He had no right to do this!!"

 

Shukera walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry; I know you will save your friends. Fujin…she's trying to save Seifer, I think. But, she doesn't know what she's getting in to. She's under estimating Hojo grossly!!! Come on!!" She ran towards the gated area tugging Raijin along with her.

 

Selphie saw them run off and waved Irvine to follow. "Let's go!!! No one messes with my friends and gets away with it!!" She ran after Shukera and Raijin with Irvine closely behind.

 

Squall and Zell followed behind with Cloud's friends. Cloud knew something was up with Aerith by the look on Shukera's face, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to know.