Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 54

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 54

 

 

Scarlet snapped, "I am not jealous of this pathetic girl!!! She has nothing to be jealous of!!! You people know nothing!!!" Finally she shrugged and lowered her voice, "Well as you can see, she has nothing to say." Fury burned inside her as she waved Seifer over. "Bring me the bitch's sword!!!"

 

Seifer nodded and grabbed Shukera's sword. He carried it to Scarlet with a smirk on his face. "Should I do it for you?? I know you don't want to get her blood on your nice dress."

 

Scarlet smiled deviously as she replied, "No. I have someone else in mind to do this." She scanned the room until her gaze fell upon the one she chose to carry out this deed. "Sephiroth, come. It's all more fitting for you to take her life. She has served you for years in Soldier, so it's your responsibility." She held the sword out to Sephiroth.

 

Sephiroth's maco eyes fixed upon the sword that was handed out to him. The very sword he gave her for being promoted to captain was now going to be the weapon that would take Shukera's life. Slowly he reached out for the sword and wrapped his hand around it. He lifted the sword from Scarlet's hand and stood before Shukera. It was only then that he noticed the small puddle of tears that collected next to her on the ground where she knelt.

 

Shukera slowly lifted her head and her gaze locked with Sephiroth's. Her tear streaked face looked up at him as she waited for him to end it all. Her gaze, the look in her eyes, and the way she looked at him reminded him of her.

 

Scarlett folded her arms as she looked on amused at the scene. "Well what do you know; she does have a heart after all." She moved to her desk and sat on it to get a better view. Quistis folded her arms angrily as she wished Sephiroth would hurry and get this over with. The look on his face was not sitting well with her.

 

Harris gritted his teeth as he hissed, "Shut the hell up!!! You are the one who has no heart!!! You sick bitch!!!"

 

Zell looked at Cloud as he whispered, "Yo man! Can't we do something?? This isn't right!"

 

Reno walked up to Zell and smirked, "There's nothing you can do so pipe down!! You're ruining the moment here!! Shut the hell up!!"

 

Sephiroth lifted the sword and brought the point of the blade dangerously close to Shukera's chest. He stared at her as something inside of him snapped. The past four years flashed before his eyes, memories of every moment they spent together played in his mind. He remembered every smile she gave him, every time they fought, the secrets they shared. It all began to weigh heavy upon his heart.

 

The pain in Shukera's eyes was becoming too much for him. In Sephiroth's mind, a girl in a pink dress looked up at him innocently. His heart screamed the truth as he stared back at her. For the moment Aerith and Shukera became one before his eyes. Aerith was the one who forgave him for everything he had done in his life. Even after he attacked her and summoned meteor to destroy the world, she was there.

 

Selphie cried as Irvine wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She buried her head in his chest to block out the scene. Her hands clutched to his arms as she gritted her teeth from the pain she felt inside. Not being able to take it any longer, she screamed, "SHUKERA TELL SEPHIROTH THE TRUTH!!! TELL HIM ABOUT THE CHILD, HIS DAUGHTER!!"

 

Sephiroth whipped his head to the side and stared at Selphie in disbelief. "What?? Is this true??"

 

While Sephiroth's head was turned Aerith burst into the room and shouted, "SEPHIROTH STOP!!!" She jumped in front of Shukera's form, knocking her out of the way of the sword. Sephiroth jolted around but couldn't stop the forward motion. His blade plunged deeply into Aerith's chest.

 

Selphie's eyes widened in shock as she watched in horror; she slid to her knees and shouted, "AERITH!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!"

 

Sephiroth jolted his head back towards Shukera and immediately let go of the blade. He gasped and knelt next to her and gently took her head into his hand. His white hair became stained with Aerith's blood as he leaned down to speak with her. "Why…why did you??"

 

Aerith weakly fixed her gaze on him and smiled slightly, "You were going to kill my sister. I couldn't…" She coughed blood from her mouth on to his uniform and drew in a painful breath. "I'm…sorry…for everything."

 

Aerith drew in a deep painful breath and whispered, "I love…" Her head fell limp in his hand, her last words spoken. Sephiroth closed his eyes and for a moment he rested his head against hers as blinding rage built up inside him. Bitter tears filled his eyes as he whispered, "I'm sorry Aerith."

 

Reno smirked as he chuckled, "That was amusing if I say so myself." He glanced at Quistis. "Uh, oh, more drama. The Drama Queen herself has now been pissed off. Here come the fireworks!!"

 

Quistis shrieked, "What the hell is going on here??? Sephiroth!!!" She drew her whip and swung it in the air. "This is not going to happen!! You belong to me!!!" Before she could strike, a hand wrapped around her wrist and made her drop her weapon.

 

"You will do nothing!!! I stood by and watched you do this for long enough!! It stops now!!!" Fujin's eyes bore holes into Quistis as she spoke. "I am sick of this foolishness!!!" She snatched the whip from Quistis' hand and faced Seifer. "Seifer Almassy you have gone too far this time!!!" Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at him. "I can't do this, not this time. I'm so disappointed in you Seifer… I thought you have changed, but I see you haven't. I can't watch you destroy yourself again!! It's…too painful!!"

 

Scarlet smirked, "He don't need anyone!!! I have given him all he needs!!! I see you are turning against your friend!!!" She faced Seifer as she scowled, "She's damned worthless!!!"

 

Seifer pointed his gunblade at Fujin and spat, "She's right, I don't need you!! I don't need anyone!!" He swung his gunblade as he shouted, "I DON'T NEED ANYONE!!!"

 

Raijin jumped in front of Fujin protectively, "You damned straight, we don't need you either, ya know!!!"

 

Quistis snapped at Fujin and Raijin, "I knew the minute she saw you she would turn against us!! Neither one of you is worth anything which is why neither of you have become a See D yet!!"

 

Selphie jumped in and shouted, "You have no right to call yourself a See D Quistis!!! You're no better than that Scarlet woman, letting your jealousy make you into a monster!!! I don't even want to know you anymore!!"

 

Harris shouted, "ATTACK!!!" The six Soldiers began attacking the guards who stood watching them. Within moments a violent battle erupted in the room as everyone began fighting. One by one what was left of the Shin Ra guards fell in death as Cloud and the others fought them with all they had.

 

Cloud broke through the crowd and rushed Sephiroth with his sword. Shukera freed herself and lifted her sword just in time to block the blow. "I won't let you do this!!! Aerith's death was an accident!! Think about the pain Sephiroth is in right now!!!"

 

Narrowing his eyes, he lifted his sword once again and spat, "His pain?? He doesn't even know the meaning of the word!!! He has felt nothing yet!!!"

 

Shukera blocked the blow once again and stood up. Glaring, her gaze locked with Cloud's as rage consumed them both. "I'm not going to allow you to destroy the man my sister loves!!!"

 

Reno jumped into the fight and struck at Cloud. "I've been waiting to do this for a long time!!!" He became locked in a vicious battle with Cloud. He casted the golden pyramid around Cloud, freezing his movements. The pyramid smashed to pieces as Tifa kicked it with her foot.

 

"I always knew you were a fool!!! You think that stupid attack is going to stop us now??" Tifa raised her foot and delivered a kick to Reno's head.

 

Cloud spun around and thrusted his sword through Reno's chest and froze when he laughed, "What the hell??" Then he gasped, "You're not Reno!!!"