Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Life with a Goddess ❯ One Miscall and a Lifetime Consequence ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Crisis, I can't help it!! After going to Mint-san's CloRis site and a few others in Japanese, I was in the mood to finally start this one!! This has been floating around for months, ever since I was working on my AeriSeph ficcie, Cetra Muyo OAV. Anyway, here's the first episode with a nice closure for now. (The second episode will be coming along soon since I know what I definitely want to happen.) Enjoy!! o>_<o


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


"Now don't forget to take the messages!" came the last reminder, and Cloud groaned an affirmative. The door to the dormitory slammed shut, and he knew his two roommates were definitely gone for the evening. He leaned back against the wall and sighed at his unfortunate life being stuck at home on a Saturday night. He glanced at the phone on the table top and rolled his eyes.

He just couldn't understand why it was so hard for him to get a date. He was in the SOLDIER's club after all, along with his roommates, but Sephiroth and Zack had such a big groupie that it didn't really count if they were in such a manly club or not. Now Zack, he could understand why the girls flocked to this flirtatious, easy-going guy, but Sephiroth on the other hand was a complete opposite of Zack and still had girls throwing themselves at his feet. It must've been the long hair that just grabbed a girl's heart.

"Girls," he grumbled, "I'll never understand them." Then his stomach growled loudly, and he blushed in embarrassment. When he realized he had NO audience, he shook his head pitifully and reached for the phone. He dialed the number for the usual pizza place and waited until someone picked up...


~ Final Fantasy VII - Ah My Goddess Style ~

Life with a Goddess

written by K-chan


Episode One: One Miscall and a Lifetime Consequence


But he waited and waited... and waited. Irritated, he cut the call off and dialed another number. After three rings, he smiled when it stopped, preparing to order, but he was cut short of the operator's voice, "We're sorry, but the number you have dialed has been disconnected."

"What the--?!" came his reply as he stared at the phone. He could've sworn the deli place had just opened a month ago, and now the number was obselete?! He sighed and brushed a hand through his blonde hair in frustration, "Aaargh, one more try... Third time's a charm."

Not caring if he didn't like sushi all that much, he dialed that number. Just after the first ring, a sweet voice came through, "Hello, you've reached the Goddess Helpline. My name is Aeris, and I'll be right there to grant your request. Please hold."

"Wait a min--!" he called out, but all he received was a pleasant melody from the other end. He decided to hang up the phone, thinking he probably dialed the wrong number, but still, her voice was so wonderful. Too bad she left before he could ask for her home number, but that was just his terrible luck with women.

He put the receiver down and sighed, smiling faintly, "Hmm, Aeris... pretty name..."

"Thank you!"

He looked up and saw a beautiful, young woman smiling down at him. Surprised, he fumbled backwards like the fool that he was. She blinked at his strange reaction. "Wh-who are you?!" he asked, "What are you doing here?! HOW did you get in here?!"

She straightened up and said, "My name is Aeris, and I'm here to fulfill your wish. And as to how I arrived here..." She pointed to the mirror on the wall, "That way."

He blinked, "What? You can walk through walls??"

She giggled in such a cute way that he stared at her. He noted every detail of her appearance from the long, braid hair of caramel and her twinkling, emerald eyes to the perfect-fitting pink gown she wore. She was like an angel from above. No, not an angel, a goddess. She was definitely a goddess.

"You're funny," she giggled, "I came through the mirror." She held her hand out, and a card suddenly appeared from thin air. Cloud rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things, and he definitely wasn't when she handed him the card. "My business card."

He raised an eyebrow as he read it, "Aeris... Goddess First Class, Unlimited License. Hmm, a goddess with a business card--that's a first."

"We specialize in helping people with problems, like you," she explained, "Our system received an access request from you by phone."

He looked at her smiling face. "So... you're here to help me?" he sounded doubtful, "Like how?"

"By granting you a wish." He stared at her wide-eyed. "However, you only get ONE wish."

"A WISH?!" he said appalled, "For anything at all?!"

She nodded, "Yes, if you want to be a billionaire, then we'll take care of it. If you want to destroy the Planet, we can do that too... But of course, we prefer to avoid doing business with that sort of customer..." She watched him intently as he leaned forward with elbows on the table, contemplating his situation. She sat down across from him and waited for his answer.

All Cloud was thinking was how this was too good to be true, which meant it was probably a hoax masterminded by Zack who was always out to tease him. Just because he never had luck with women, Zack had to get this beautiful girl to make a fool out of him. Well he wasn't about to fall for it. He looked up and saw her shaking her head, "No, it's not true. This isn't a joke." He was stunned that she was able to read his thoughts. "As a goddess, I'm incapable of lying. Besides, why do you say you never have luck with women?" she inquired curiously.

He sighed, "Can't you tell just by looking at me?" She shook her head. "Okay, stand up for a second." They both stood up next to each other. "See, I'm too short!" he said, indicating that Aeris was only an inch taller than him, despite the spikey, blonde hair that really made him appear taller... but that didn't count to him. "That, and I'm blonde."

When they sat down again, Aeris just looked at him confusedly. "I still don't understand," she said innocently, "I mean, why would height and hair color deprive you of luck with women?"

He stared at her if she was one in a million, and of course, he knew that when she was really a goddess. But it was nice to have someone listen to his problems and not ridicule him. The longer he was gazing at her, the more his wish became apparent though he wasn't totally sure if it was possible to have such a wish, but what the hell, he could just give it a shot. He probably won't work anyway.

"All right, I'll take my wish now," he said.

"Really?!" she chirped brightly, leaning towards him, "What have you decided?!"

He smiled at her enthusiasm, "I want... a goddess like you... TO BE WITH ME ALWAYS!" She stumbled backwards a bit at the sudden request. Of all her goddess career, she had never heard of such a wish. "It didn't work, huh?" Cloud smiled sadly, "Too good to be true." But how wrong he was...

Aeris could feel the energy with in her building up inside her body, and the diamond mark of a goddess appeared on her forehead. Cloud turned to her just as the mark shot out a beam of bright light straight into the air, ripping through the roof of the dormitory. He panicked as her body floating into the air, being surrounded by a column of immense power. "WA-WAIT A SEC!!" he shouted, "I WAS JUST KIDDIN'!!"

Things seemed to be in chaos forever, but the unbelievable sight only lasted a few seconds before it slowly died down. Aeris's body resumed the law of gravity and was descending to the ground once more, but she was unconscious. Cloud quickly leapt for her over the table to catch her in his arms, ignoring the fact that he was adding another mess to the dormitory. He crashed to the floor with her in his arms, but what amazed him was the fact she felt so light, like she didn't weight a single ounce.

Cloud watched her peaceful face and smiled faintly. He wanted to reach his hand out and caress her face, feeling the softness of her skin against his fingers, but she slowly opened her eyes. "Hey... umm, are you okay?" he said nervously, "Uuh, I'm sorry 'bout that..."

She immediately sat up when she remembered what happened, "OH NO!" Cloud blinked as she looked around for something. She saw the phone and dashed for it, "I need to use your phone!!"

"Su-sure..." He watched her dial a number, wondering who she was calling, and hoped it was a collect call.

"Hello, this is Aeris," she spoke into the receiver, "Yes... No, it's about the last transfer... What? You mean it's REALLY final? But... Almighty One, you can't..." She sighed and then hung up the phone.

Cloud looked troubled at her expression, "Is something wrong?"

"The wish you made has been accepted by the system," she said calmly, "The Almighty said it's too late to change it."

Relieved that that was it, he leaned back, sighing, "Already accepted, huh? That's nice..." But then it hit him that he had wished for something he had thought was impossible. "WHAT do you mean 'accepted'?!! And 'too late to change'?! Yo-you mean my wish for you to always be here--??!!"

"That's right," she replied puzzedly, not sure why he would suddenly panick about it now.

"But that's crazy!" he said in frustration. He clutched his head, trying to think of what to do. "It's not that I don't want you here, but this is an all-male dorm!! It's off-limits to women!"

"Oh!" She finally understood his predicament, but it was too late when the front door opened, and in stepped Zack with Sephiroth right behind him. The scene seemed to freeze up at the two newcomers stared at their roommate with a young woman next to him. "Oh dear," she whispered with a hand over her mouth.

Zack stared at her speechless, but Sephiroth stepped forward with a deadly look, "Strife, you know the rules. What happens to anyone who breaks them?"

"No! WAIT!" the blonde shouted, "This isn't what you think! It's a mistake!" He tried to plead to Sephiroth about his situation while Zack, in the background, was smiling at Aeris. Every step he took close to her, a flustered Aeris would retreat back, and it looked like a waltz until she was pushed up against the wall.

"You break the rules, you face the consequences," Sephiroth said firmly, staring down at the blonde coldly. Cloud knew what would happened, but he just had to try to convince them. He sighed and resigned to his punishment, which was to be kicked out of the dormitory. Then something caught his blue eyes, and he looked over to Aeris and Zack and became angry.

Zack had a black booklet in one hand and a pen in the other as he smiled, leaning so close to Aeris's nervous face, "Heh heh, before Cloud gets kicked out, let me get your name and numb--" He was never able to finish his sentence since Cloud's foot to his head sent him flying into the wall. Cloud looked at Zack in annoyance and then grabbed Aeris's hand, and the pair stared to leave.

"We'll send your belongings to you," Sephiroth informed him as he watched them leave down the hallway.

"Gee, thanks," Cloud grumbled. He left the building with Aeris and walked towards the parking lot where a motorcycle was parked. He took a helmet from the back compartment and put it on while Aeris stood to the side, looking slightly side. He grabbed another helmet and turned to her, but he was taken back at the sad look in her eyes. "Aeris, what's wrong?"

She looked up at him and was on the verge of tears, "I'm sorry, Cloud!!! I didn't mean for you to be kicked out... I'll understand if you never want to speak to me again..."

He smiled, "So that's what's bothering you. Look, I made that wish so it's not your fault." He gave her the helmet and looked away, "And I guess it was kinda perfect timing too. I've been thinking about moving out of there..."

"Then... you're not angry at me?" she asked hopefully.

He looked at her and chuckled, "How can I? But are you sure you want this? You're a beautiful goddess now stuck with an unfortunate mortal."

She shook her head, "My job at the Goddess Relief Office is over. Now I will always be by your side, Cloud." She gazed into his gentle, blue eyes, and the two stood their in silence until Cloud took the unworn helmet from her hands and put it securely onto her head. He then climbed onto his motorcycle and extended a hand to help her get on behind him. She smiled happily, wrapping her arms around his waist, as he started the vehicle. Just in seconds, the motorcycle sped off into the evening...


'And that's how my life with a goddess began...'