Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Life with a Goddess ❯ Divine Interruption ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sorrie, everyone! I've been very sick, so you weren't imagining things when you didn't see anything new or updated from me... The next episode of My Funny TURK will be out next and soon. Thank you for your patience! o>_<o


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


"Aeris?" he called, poking his head into the living room, but it was empty. He scratched his blonde head and continued to the back of the two-story house. He had checked upstairs for the goddess, and now that he stood on the back veranda, where stretches of various flowers bloomed, he concluded she wasn't even at home.

Who would've thought a rundown garden house would be their new home, away from the crowded city streets, but still close enough for him to see the towers of Midgar University in the distance. Even so, he had been skeptical of living in such a place when they first stood in front of the buildings. Cloud had been staring up at it too long that his head threatened to fall off his neck, but Aeris, on the other hand, had been too delighted with the vast land in the back to realize the young man's worries, or at least objection.

But then, Aeris convinced him with her goddess powers, transforming the rubbish into a beautiful Victorian house--the one he had always dreamed of owning when he had a family. Okay, maybe that last part wasn't true, but it was a perfect house to raise a family in. He smiled and looked at Aeris with a gentle expression as she cleaned the rest of the house by hand. It was then that he found out she used up a lot of energy using her powers, so he made her promise not to use her abilities when there was no need to, and it was for her safety too because who knew how many wackos were out there who would love to take advantage of her identity.


~ Final Fantasy VII - Ah My Goddess Style ~

Life with a Goddess

written by K-chan


Episode Two: Divine Interruption


Cloud walked back into the house, heading for the kitchen to get something to snack on. On the way, he caught sight of a pile of mail on the hallway table. It had been days since they lived in the house, and already bills and junk mail were coming in like crazy. He sighed, throwing the unnecessary ones away until a a rectangular package was left at the bottom. He raised an eyebrow when he realized it was addressed to him.

He started to open it as he walked into the kitchen. Finally there, he pulled the top flaps open and pushed away the cushioning to get to the item within it, which was a book. He glared at it because he had hoped it to be something more worthwhile, like a video game. The longer he glared at it, the title slowly dawned on him: A Thousand and One Ways to a Goddess's Heart.

"Perfect!" he shouted happily, punching the air with the book in hand. It was the perfect book to help him get closer to Aeris. He was never good with girls to begin with, but now with one by his side--a goddess at that--he just didn't know how to go about it.

He immediately flipped to pass the table of contents to the very first chapter, but he didn't notice the book beginning to glow until the brightness blinded him. He held the book away and shielded his eyes when something struck him in the face and he fell back unconscious, with a bleeding nose. Most of the light faded away to show a woman with short, blonde hair floating out of the pages of the book that now laid on the floor. From the way her bent knee came out, it must have been the thing that hit Cloud in the face.

She looked at Cloud's unconscious form and frowned. She even kicked his legs a few times to see if he would get up, but no response came. "Hmm, this is no good," she said.

"I'm back!" came Aeris's voice. "Cloud? Are you home?"

The woman glanced back at the fallen man and appeared distressed, "This is definitely NOT good." She quickly picked up Cloud, wondering what to do with him in just a few seconds when the sound of footsteps were heading that way.


Although it was just the two of them living in that house, it was strangely quiet for Aeris, like she felt something out of place. If Cloud didn't answer her, then he must have gone out. She would've been happy with that, but what if he didn't go out and something had happened to him that he couldn't respond to her. It was that second thought that greatly worried her.

She carried the two bags of groceries throughout the first floor to check each room, and finally she headed for the kitchen. She stepped through the archway and saw his back to her. "Cloud! You had me so worried!" she said, walking up to him.

"I'm sorry, Aeris," he said in a monotone voice, "How was your day?"

She sighed, very relieved. "Please don't scare me like that again, Cloud. I know jokes are meant to be fun, but I care about you too much."

"I'm sorry, Aeris. How was your day?" She stopped halfway to him and blinked, thinking that he had just apologized to her and asked her that question already. "I'm sorry, Aeris. How was your day?" he repeated. Totally confused, she went up to him and facefaulted at the sight of Cloud in the chair... with a pair of fake eye-glasses that made him appear that he was awake, tissues crammed up his nose to stop it from bleeding, a tape recorder in his lap that kept playing the apologetic phrase over and over, and finally a sign on his shirt that read 'I'm REALLY Cloud, and I'm REALLY fine, so NO ONE IS TO BLAME FOR THIS'.

After Aeris's quick recovery, she took all the funny accessories from him and held him in her arms. "Oh Cloud," she whispered, holding his face close to hers, "what happened?"

"Ae-Aeris?" he called, opening his eyes to see her angelic face smiling down to him. "I... just had the weirdest dream... Some lady came out of a book..."

"Book?" she repeated with a slight frown. She looked around the kitchen and found the book still lying on the ground. Cloud was able to sit up by himself while Aeris stood up and called out, "All right, sister, come out now! I know it's you!"

Right after that, the refrigerator door opened, and Cloud stared wide-eyed at the blonde-haired woman stepping out of the thing, drinking a diet soda. She closed the door and finished the can before walking over to Aeris and Cloud. Her outfit, compared to Aeris's own goddess one, was more conservative with pants. She smiled sweetly at the brunette but gave Cloud the most deadliest of frowns, also taking the empty can and crushed it against his head. Aeris gasped and immediately checked Cloud's newly acquired injury.

The stranger took card from her jacket and gave it to Cloud, introducing herself, "I'm Aeris's big sister, Elena. I came to recharge her system force."

Aeris stared at the older girl, "But what about the Ancient System? You're supposed to be the SYSOP, aren't you?"

"Don't worry, little sister," Elena patted her on the back, "It's all in good hands." She smiled inwardly, knowing that all the work was put on the shoulders of the third goddess in charge up there.

"But," Aeris looked away, "you're not here just to recharge the system force, are you?"

"What? She's not?" Cloud asked, still rubbing his forehead with the impression of the can's bottom.

Elena smirked. "Aeris, you're too smart for your own good," she said and then glared in Cloud's direction, "BUT WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THIS MAN IS NO GOOD FOR YOU???!!!! I WILL NOT PERMIT MY LITTLE SISTER TO LEAVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF WITH A MERE MORTAL WHO ISN'T WORTH... who isn't worth... uuh, isn't worth..." She couldn't find the right words until she saw a mouse scurry by a piece of cheese, "HE ISN'T WORTH THE CRUMBS ON THE FLOOR!!"

"SISTER!" Aeris shouted angrily while Cloud just stared at her because it was the first time he had seen her SO upset. "That is VERY mean! Please apologize to Cloud this instant!"

"Umm, but Aeris," he interrupted, "I'm not offended at all... It wasn't much of an insult in the first place."

Elena glared at him, "SO, YOU'RE SAYING THAT I'M STUPID??!!!" She then turn to Aeris to make her point, "See?!! How can you live with a man who insults your family??"

"Sister, you're being unreasonable!"

"But but, but Aeris!" she whined. "I'm just looking out for your well-being!! Do you know what kind of man he is?! He was so eager to read that book," she pointed to the one STILL on the floor, "He's thinking nasty thoughts about you!"

"WHAT?!!" Cloud flushed, "NO, I'M NOT!!" He was thinking about Aeris, but not in THAT way. He just wanted to be close to her, to hold her and share a little kiss, so how were those labelled 'nasty'?? Well, he wasn't liking Aeris's sister too much right now.

Aeris looked at him and smile, touching his hand and wrapping her delicate fingers around his. "I believe you, Cloud," she said. And just those words made the world a happier place for him, despite the view behind Aeris where Elena was flaring up in the background.

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY LITTLE SISTER'S HAND!!!!!" Lightning and fire crackled around her body as Cloud stared in horror. Aeris finally caught on and threw up a shield around her and Cloud just in time when the surge of elemental energy shot out towards them. The pair wasn't harm, but their kitchen was another matter, especially the poor roof that took most of the beating when the power bounced off Aeris's shield and went skyward.


That evening, Cloud was relaxing in the tub, trying to understand what happened that day, but all he could think of was Elena's scary face. There was no way his sweet Aeris could be related to that crazy woman, who seemed to want Aeris to dump him, but it wasn't going to happen, not if he had anything to do with it. And besides, it didn't seem Aeris wanted to leave his side either, even if his silly wish had started their whole relationship. But was there even a relationship between them?

He couldn't deny they were getting closer each day, but still, was it right for a mortal and goddess to be together? Was it possible?!

He sighed dreamily, thinking that Aeris was perfect in every way and to be with her for the rest of his lifetime would be heavenly. Unfortunately for Cloud, the bathroom door flew open, but not off its hinges. He gulped and sunk lower into the warm water when he saw a grinning Elena enter and close the door behind her. She was definitely planning something, and Cloud was VERY afraid to find out.

Yes, Elena had thought it through: if Aeris finds out that Cloud is truly an unfaithful man, then she would leave him for good--wish or no wish. So, she put on her most sweetest and flirtatious smile, walking over to the tubside, and leaned over to him slightly. Cloud moved to the other end of the tub, keeping most of himself covered from her eyes, while she dipped a finger in the water and twirled it around, "Would you like me to scrub your back?"

"Uuh, no," was his reply as he stared at her strangely because of her sudden change of mood.

"WHAT?!" she shouted, having planned out his answer to be an affirmative.

"No, thank you." He tried for a more polite response, hoping to get on her good side, "I appreciate the thought, but I can handle my own bathing."

"Look here, pal," she growled, "I'm gonna give you a scrub, whether you LIKE IT or NOT!! GOT THAT?!!" She was definitely going through with her plan, no matter what, so she held up her palm to him, chanting something in an unknown language that slowly put a spell over Cloud. His eyes drooped halfway like he was in trance. "Now how about that scrub?" she repeated, grinning menacingly.

"Ye-yes..." He slowly ascended from the waters, even though his brain was telling him not to... because of Aeris. And at the thought of Aeris, he snapped out his trance and retreated back into the water (to hide his dignity).

"Dammit!" she cursed and added more power to the spell. He put in all his efforts to fight against it, but being a mortal against a goddess, he was no match and once more, he succumbed to her powers... only to be dragged into a tug-of-war. She could see the visible battle in him as he tried to pull away from her spell, and it was going to be harder than she thought. She was about to have had enough of the game with the short temper of hers. "MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!" she screamed, and the bathroom suddenly filled up with light and exploded from the instant energy.


At the explosion, Aeris ran upstairs to the bathroom to find Cloud standing outside the tub with a towel around his waist. The bathroom was a mess with water splattered all over the place and the wooden beams and parts of the walls were wrecked. "Cloud, are you all right?!" she asked.

He nodded, "But I don't think Elena is..." Aeris then realized that he was right when she saw her sister moaning on the the floor with smoke rising from her body. She looked up at the roof, seeing a neat hole with a pretty view of the starry skies. Cloud knelt down near Elena, where some characters were written, "There's writing on the floor."

"Oh!" Aeris gasped and began to read it, "'It has been determined that a recent, temporary system crash was due to interference by Goddess Second Class (Limited) Elena. Therefore she must remain in exile until further notice.'"

"What?!" Cloud exclaimed.

With smoke rising from her charred head, Elena sat up with crossed arms, nodding, "Right. So don't try anything funny, Strife. I'll be keeping a close eye on you!" He and Aeris looked at each other and sighed. Their lives would never be calm and peaceful anymore, not with Elena around.


'And that's how my life with a goddess, interruped by her hot-headed sister, began...'

'I HEARD that, Strife!'