Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Life with a Goddess ❯ First Date Equals Total Chaos ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
You guys really want more?! *smile* Cool! It's been such a long time since I last saw a CloRis on FF.net, but catch some good ones on Mint-san's site: << http://www.geocities.com/cloud_aeris2001 >>.

I think Elena is a pretty cool chick, considering she's the only female TURK... And the TURKs just rule!!! *giggle* And instead of being like Urd, who wants to get Belldandy & Keiichi together, I thought it would be more funnie to see Elena ATTEMPT to break up Aeris & Cloud. *LOL* And besides, I like characters who are 'unpredictable, walking volcanoes ready to explode any moment'.

Anyway, I've been in the mood for romantic comedies, so here's the next episode. Another character is introduced, making it a love triangle... Kinda...


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


The night was calm and quiet with the full moon hanging in the velvet skies and the scatters of stars twinkling in an orchestrated musical. Everything was perfect about the romantic setting, and all Cloud needed now was the one he cherished to be with him. He turned to his companion, staring deeply into her emerald eyes softening against his own blue ones, so strong and so much feelings floating between them.

His hand reached up to her face and caressed the softness of her delicate skin. Both unknowingly leaned closer to each other, and from her adorable, half-closed eyes, his eyes trailed down to her delicious, pink lips that look so tempting. He could feel the dryness in his mouth, wanting to quench the thirst by tasting the sweet water of paradise. So close, they were only millimeters apart, but his eyes suddenly blurred, and he blinked. When his vision focused again, he stared into the familiar, yet different eyes, of Elena and screamed.


~ Final Fantasy VII - Ah My Goddess Style ~

Life with a Goddess

written by K-chan


Episode Three: First Date Equals Total Chaos


Still screaming, Cloud woke up and stared at the dull-white ceiling like he was in shock. He had been so close in kissing Aeris again, but like every time, Elena would always pop up scaring the hell out of him. He shuddered at the thought and decided that since he was awake now, he would go ahead and get up for the new day. And hopefully, this day would be the day that he could be alone with Aeris.

He sat up in bed and blinked, knowing something was not right about his room. He took one glance around the room and screamed again. He paused and did a double take at the walls filled with pretty girls in bathing suits and some without tops. And one name came to mind...

"ELENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Aeris was the first one to his room, busting down the door because she thought it was an emergency scream. "CLOUD! What's wrong?!" she asked. She was in a frilly, pink apron because she had been up early in the kitchen, making breakfast. She noticed Cloud had covered his eyes with one hand and pointed at the walls with the other. She looked around at the poster of women and gasped, "They're so pretty!"

Cloud facefaulted, "Uugh, not quite that, Aeris." He then pointed to the woman without a bikini top who was showing her assets up close and personal, and Aeris stared wide-eyed and did the 'oh' expression.

Elena, in a cruddy mood since she wasn't a morning person, finally appeared, scratching her head. "What's goin' on here? Why such a girlie cry in the morning, Strife?" she said dully, "Had a nightmare? Didn't wet your bed, did ja?" She snickered.

"Change my room back!!" he demanded.

The blonde goddess pretended to look confused, having no idea what he was talking. "What do you mean?" she asked, looking at his bedroom decor, "Omigod! Aeris, are you seeing what I'M seeing? He's such a pervert with all these photos of women!!" She grabbed hold of Aeris's arm, "Now you know what kind of man he is, just like the rest of those mortal, hormone-driven perverts. You can do without 'im!"

Cloud panicked and was about to leap after them and hold Aeris back to him, but thank goodness she had more sense to believe a liar like Elena, "But sister, I know Cloud isn't like that." She walked over to the bed and sat down at the edge next to him, smiling. She placed her hands over his and said to her sister, "I know we haven't been together that long, but when I'm with him, I feel like we've known each other forever." Then she faced him, "Cloud would never be that kind of person to lie to me." She smiled.

Her smiles were so contagious he could never do anything else but return them to her with much warmth and happiness. "Aeris," he whispered with so much care. They were in their own little world, ignoring the fuming Elena tugging on her hair in the background. She was building up energy again, but it only seemed like a natural reflex every time Aeris and Cloud were getting lovey-dovey.

But this time, Aeris snapped back into reality first, leaping at Cloud, and both fell onto the bed as a lightning bolt flew over their heads and zapped the wall of posters. "SISTER!" she yelled, "why must you be so violent?!" Elena readied another lightning bolt while Aeris was ready to counterattack it with her own energyball. During the whole goddess fight, Cloud was hiding beneath his covers, sighing and waiting until his room was in shambles, but at least by then, he wouldn't have those posters anymore.


Eventually, Aeris was able to convince her sister to repair Cloud's room and get it back to normal, much to his enjoyment, and the three of them sat down for a good breakfast, but it seemed Elena was even moodier after that incident. Cloud rolled his eyes and continued his meal, listening to Aeris chat about the pleasantness of her morning adventures with the neighbors.

"And little Marlene gave us a box of cookies before she left for school," Aeris said happily. "She's such a sweet girl. And the nice newspaper man..." It wasn't an exciting story, but Cloud listened anyway because it was from Aeris, but he noticed from the corner of his eye that Elena was about to go for the delicious fish head and quickly intervened with his chopsticks. They looked at their conquest and then eyed each other dangerously, growling. Luck for them, Aeris wasn't paying attention since she was absorbed in her story, and so a nasty hair-pulling and foot-in-face battle ensued over fish.


For rest of the morning, Cloud stayed in his room, huddled at his desk with a calendar in his hand. He sighed as he stared at the date that was getting quite close to Christmas. If only he could spend one day with Aeris, he could end the year on a happy event and begin the new year with good memories, but how in the world could he do that without Elena finding out and ruining the whole thing?

There was a knock on his bedroom door, and he turned around to see Aeris in a more casual dress. "I have to go to the store a bit, but would you like me to get you anything, Cloud?"

He immediately smiled and hurried to her side. He leaned towards her and whispered, "Where's Elena? Does she know about this?"

"I haven't seen her since breakfast. I think she went to the library."

"GREAT!" He grabbed her hand and ran all the way downstairs, getting a jacket on the way, and they were out the door in twenty seconds flat.


Meanwhile, Elena WAS at the library, grumbling, as she looked at the piece of paper in her hand. She had to squint at it to read the words, and it was in HER handwriting, but eventually she remembered what she had scribbled down and went to search for the books. She sighed, going down one aisle after another until she found the book she needed. "Why can't they just organize them according to subjects. It would be SO much easier for me."

She then spotted a library employee carrying a hefty load of books and pointed to him, "Hey! You there!! Where's your suggestion box?"

Straining under the weight, he stopped politely and answered her, "I believe it's at the front."

She waved a book his face, telling him, "You seriously need a section dedicated to 'homicide'!" The young man twitched strangely at her suggestion.


Back to Aeris and Cloud, who were sitting across from one another in a booth by the window. He watched her wandering eyes and smiled at her delight. And he too was very happy because they were finally together and on a date, even though he didn officially asked her out. He pretty much pulled her out here, but she was on her way out to do some shopping anyway. He would've preferred to take her out in the evening for a romantic dinner, but Lady Luck was never on his side... until now. He smiled goofily, thinking they could take a walk in the park afterwards, holding hands... and just stay away from the house forever. Then, Elena would never, ever be able to find them! They should just move to a deserted island and live there!

"Fufu~fu~," he chuckled at the thought.

Aeris turned to him and smiled, "I'm so happy you're in a good mood, Cloud!" Then she looked away sadly, "I know you haven't been feeling happy with Elena around, but she's a really kind goddess! She has good intentions, but sometimes she just has a rather extreme way of dealing with things. Please don't think badly of her." Her eyes pleaded to him, and there was no way in the world he could disagree with her, so he nodded to ease her mind.

"I'll do anything for you, Aeris," he smiled, putting his hand over hers in reassurance even though he wished that Elena would give him a chance to prove himself. It seemed like Aeris should be talking to her and not him about it.

She smiled brightly, "Thank you, Cloud."

He just stared speechlessly at her beautiful self, thinking that that very moment she was truly a goddess, so pure and elegant. He could feel his face heating up and flushing red. "Ae-Aeri-is," he stuttered, wanting to tell her of his feelings.

"Yes, Cloud?"

"Ae-Aeris... I... I..."

"HEY THERE!" Cloud screamed in shock, jumping up from his seat and smashed his face against the window pane. "Cloud!" the voice called out to him. The owner of the voice was a young brunette with long hair and garnet eyes. She immediately pounced at him and helped him up before Aeris could do a thing. "I'm so sorry, Cloud!" she said, "I didn't mean to scare you. I was just so happy to see you!"

Finally a dazed Cloud snapped out of it, and his eyes focused on the familiar woman, "Huh? Tifa? What are you doing here?"

"Silly, I work here!" she said, twirling around for him to see her waitress uniform. "Now what can I get you today?"

"I'll just have the steak sandwich," he said and turned to the goddess, "What would you like, Aeris?"

At the name, Tifa froze in her writing and whirled her head to the young woman with green eyes, glaring at her as she looked at the menu. She wondered why she didn't notice Cloud was with another women before but shrugged it aside as she evaluated the one named Aeris. She was very pretty, and Tifa also noted the closeness between the two of them, which just angered her even more.

"The seafood platter sounds nice," she said and looked at Tifa, "I'll have that one please."

"Excellent choice!" the waitress said in a too-high-of-a pitch voice--in other words, to cover up her evil thoughts. She finished writing their orders down and turned to Aeris, "By the way, I'm Tifa Lockheart, a childhood friend of Cloud's."

"Really?!" she chirped, surprising Tifa, "That's so cute! You and Cloud must have wonderful memories together!" Tifa stepped away from the table, too stunned to speak. She did know Cloud when they were kids, but they were never that close. She had only brought it up to let Aeris know to back off her territory (like Cloud was a piece of land at stake).

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Aeris said, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Aeris. I met Cloud a few days ago, and he has been so kind to me."

The blonde flushed in embarrassed, "Aaawe Aeris, what guy wouldn't be kind to you? You make everyone's day brighter, especially mine." Tifa took a giant step away from them in horror at Cloud's words. He seemed to have some feelings for the young woman. She turned her back to them, trying to figure out how to deal with the situation now. Cloud and Aeris noticed Tifa looking away, and the former said, "Uuh Tifa? Could we get our drinks now? I'm kinda thirsty..."

"AAH!" she gasped, turning around with a nervous laugh, "Aahaha... I'll get them right away! Sorry!" She scurried off, still deep in thought that she didn't watch where she was going and just mowed down her co-workers in blind anger. Cloud sweatdropped, seeing people flatten on the ground after Tifa's trail of smoke.

"My, how energetic," Aeris smiled. Cloud looked at her, and everything that happened before seemed to have disappeared because all he could think of was how he loved seeing her smiles. "I hope we can become good friends," she said. He nodded, thinking how Aeris could just be friends with anyone, even the devil himself.


Moving away from the pair a bit, Elena was found... almost skipping down the street with each hand carrying a bag filled of books, and she was actually smiling happily for once. And wouldn't you like to know the cause of all this? It happened over an hour ago when... she was kicked out of the library for such an insane suggestion and blabbering on which poison was best used in eliminating a pest. She just wasn't ANY eldest goddess, whose dominion was over the past... Although her hobby was reading books whenever she felt like it, her main specialty was in potions--more specifically POISONS.

After being kicked out and screaming insanely in front of the library while onlookers stared at her, she walked off in a huff, still ranting about poor service and mistreatment. She was so occuppied that she didn't realize she walked into a rather rough area of the district (according to her) because an opening door smacked her in the face. She quickly pummeled the culprit, who was an every day salaryman leaving a bookstore.

"Oh, bookstore!" she chirped, dropping the beatened man to the ground, and entered the little shoppe. And that was pretty much how she left the store with books to her liking... because she charged them all on Cloud's credit card that she just happened to have had at the time. Okay, so she 'borrowed' it just in case.

Elena glared at the readers, screaming, "OKAY, SO I STOLE THE FREAKIN' THING!!!" Then she grumbled, "Geeze, go have a heart attack!" [SD-K-chan sweatdrops.] After the little interjection, she was off on her journey home to do some reading with one purpose on mind: how to get rid of Cloud, so her little sister can return to the Heavens with her (when the Almighty retracts her banishment). She hummed a little tune on the way when her stomache suddenly growled. She stopped dead in her tracks as the growl grew louder, getting more stares than usual, but she just gave them her patent Elena glare and everything was fine and dandy once again, except for her empty stomache.

And how fortunate that she had stopped in front of a diner. "LUCKY!" she smiled. She averted her eyes from the restaurant sign to the windows so she could see what the inside of the place looked like, and that rare smile of her just dropped off the face of the earth as she dropped her books and pressed her face to the window, flattening her already wide eyes against the pane till she looked like a madwoman. Her fists pounding against the window also added to that assumption as the people who had been sitting right there ran away, screaming in horror.

Elena kept hitting her fists against the diner windows and shouting like crazy at the sight of Cloud and Aeris eating together. "THAT !@&*$&#!@%$!" she yelled, "AERIS, NOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT HIS EYES!! DON'T LOOK INTO HIS EYES!!! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!! DON'T TALK TO HIM!!! EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!" And with that she grabbed her bags of books and smashed it repeated against the windows until they broke and rushed towards the pair, who turned to the commotion.

"ELENA?!" the two gasped.

She ran pass a waiter, who was in the middle of serving his customers. "Uuh, there was a door, Miss," he pointed out to her but was naturally overlooked.

"STRIFE!!!" Elena screamed, charging right for him, "HOW DARE YOU KIDNAP MY LITTLE SISTER!!" She suddenly stopped and looked around until her eyes spotted a knife on a nearby table. The blade twinkled in her vision, and she smiled menacingly. Cloud gulped as she grabbed the knife and began to sharpened it to a nice gleam.

"SISTER!" Aeris called, trying to stop her, "Please stop this! Cloud and I are just having lunch! Please put the knife down before someone gets hurt, and you're welcome to join us."

"Hey, Cloud!" Tifa said, walking over to them with a pitcher of tea, "What's going on here? Why all the commotion?" She finally noticed that all the customers were trying to pay so they could get the hell out of there, and the cause was the blonde woman with a VERY sharp knife. Tifa turned away, mumbling to herself, "Drat, another one after Cloud! I've got my work cut out for me!"

Cloud glanced at her, "What's that?"

"Ha ha, oh nothing," she replied. "Umm, is she a friend of yours too?"

"Uugh, not really. Just Aeris's insane sister we could do without."

"I HEARD THAT!" Elena screamed, trying to get out of Aeris's headlock so she could hurt Cloud REALLY bad.

"SISTER, PLEASE CALM DOWN!!" the green-eyed goddess advised, "If you don't, then I'll do something about it." The energy around the two goddesses began to gather, causing a small tremor to the diner, but just enough to cause chaos to the place with the employees and customers panicking. Tifa shrieked at the danger and clutched Cloud for dear life, knocking the two of them off their feet.

Cloud sat up with Tifa in his arms, and he asked her, "Are you okay, Tifa?"

She stared at him with dreamy eyes, "Yes... thanks to you, Cloud." She was about to hug him as his reward, but he caught sight of Aeris collapsed on the other side of the diner and hurried to her side, much to Tifa's dismay.

"AERIS!!" he called, lifting her into his arms. He gently shook her, "Please, Aeris, say something. Aeris... please be all right. If something happened to you... I... I... Aeris..." He embraced her unconscious form with all his heart, praying that she was all right.

"C-Cloud..." came her soft voice.

"AERIS!"

"A-are you all right?" she managed to ask as he helped her sit up. He just couldn't believe the first thing out of her mouth was asking for his well-being. She was the one hurt yet she only had his safety on her mind.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered, "But you're hurt. Don't say anymore."

She shook her head and stood up with him, "No, I'm really fine. It just took a lot of energy to stop Elena from exploding. Elena... where is she?" They looked around the ruined diner for the source of mayhem and couldn't find her anywhere.

"Maybe she took off?" he wondered, "And I think we better too, or else it'll draw attention to you."

Aeris nodded, and the two of them left the eatery, unknowingly leaving behind the blonde goddess beneath a pile of debris. "Uugh," she groaned, pushing the bricks and whatnot off herself, and got herself out of there, still gripping the knife tightly in her hand, "what happened?" She looked around at the mess and blinked, "Did I do that??"


'This was only the beginning...'


NEXT EPISODE... "Life Is Like A Deck of Cards..."


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Okay, sorrie 'bout the fight over the fish... The Lenten season must be gettin' to me... *sweatdrop* And err, don't get me wrong with this episode: I have nothing against Tifa. I like her character too, but I just like Aeris way, WAAAAAAAAAY much more, which I'm sure you know by now!!!! Anyway I have updated Crimson Kiss, and also a new CloRis is up, Materia Mayhem--a fusion with Slayers! =+.+=