Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Hope ❯ Lost Hope: Not Where I Belong ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Lost Hope

BG16: Hey everyone, I hope you guys would like this one! I'm sorry for the Squinoa fans... I just hate that couple for some reason, so don't flame me okay? Well enjoy! ^^;;

Disclaimer: Don't own a damn thing, except my character! ^^



Prologue: Not Where I Belong

*Circling your, Circling you, circling your head,
Contemplating everything you ever said*

A young girl sighed tiredly as she saved her FF8 game and turned it off. She looked above her dresser and saw the picture of her favorite Bishounen (Hot guy ^^) from the game that she had printed out before school ended.

He wore all black except his t-shirt which ws white. He wore a black jacket with silver fur around his collar and wore brown belts around his waist and had a few black belts on his right thigh. He held a gunblade in a fighting stance with his necklace glittering with shine and his blue eyes in a cold icy stare with his brown hair slightly moving against the wind side to side.

She sighed as she stared at her favorite pic. She carefully took it off the wall and stared at it more closely. 'I wish I could be with you, you know? We're so much alike, you and I, orphaned, cold towards others, the cold blue eyes. Hell, we even have the same taste of clothes and everything except i have a trench coat and not a regular like yours...' the young girl was cut out of her thoughts as a womans' voice called her.

"Hey, hunny!? We're out of milk again! Could you please go to the store and buy some more!?" It was Martha her foster mother. "Why can't you go and get it!?"

"Because I'm leaving on a business trip for a couple of days and forgot to get some yesterday! I have to go now before I miss my flight! The money is on the table, please stay out of trouble while I'm gone?" The girl rolled her eyes. "I love you sweety, bye now!" She yelled as she closed the door. She watched her foster mother get in the taxi and watched it drive off.

*Now I see the truth, I got doubt
A different motive in your eyes and now I'm out
I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold
See inside, inside of our heads (yeah)
Well now that's over
I see your motives inside, decisions to hide*

The girl sighed once again as she started to put on her black boots. After they were strapped on she put on her trade mark black fingerless gloves and then her favorite trench coat with a hidden katana inside. She didn't know why she traveled with it anyways. She remembered when she was walking downtown when a store caught her eye. It was an antique store; she went inside and nobody was there excpt for her.

After looking at all of the old relics, she saw a sword that was in a glass box. She walked over to it and stared at it, after a minute she reached her hand up about to touch it, but was startled by an old man's voice. "Beautiful isn't it?" She quickly turned around in a fighting stance, but relaxed when an old man that looks to be 50 or 60 walked upt to her. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle ya." She grunted at the old man but answered his question. "Yes, it is beautiful, how much is it?"

*Fuck off I'll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong
Headstrong we're headstrong
Back off I'll take you on
Headstrong I'll take on anyone
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
I can't give everything away
I won't give everything away*

The old man chuckled. "Have a thing for swords?" The girl sighed as she crossed her arms and glared at him. "Just answer the question, old man..." He looked at the sword with his hands behind his back. "I say it's worth about... $400."

"$400!? I don't have that kind of money!" She growled mostly to her self. Then she heard the old man chuckle again. "But that was just my guess on how much it was back then. Now I think it's worth nothing to me, so I guess you can have it." The girl lifted an eyebrow at him with the glare still in tacked. "You're joking right?"

*Conclusions manifest, your first impressions got to be your very best
I see you're full of shit, and that's alright
That's how you play, I guess you'll get through every night
Well now that's over
I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold
See inside, inside of our heads (yeah) Well now that's over
I see your motives inside, decisions to hide*

"No, I am not, I assure you." She watched as he lifted the glass cover and picked up the sword carefully and handed it to her. When she grabbed hold of it, she felt herself tingling inside (hehe Spirit sense... tingling... ^^) as it was finally reunighted with it's owner. In a daze she pulled it out of it's sheath and stared at the blade. "It feels like I remember this somehow, but I'm not sure." The old man smiled to himself. "Then I guess you should keep it close to you." She nodded as she resheathed it. She opened up her trench coat and put it in the small pocket as it stopped it half way and strapped it. Satisfied, she buttoned her coat half way and looked up at the old man and nodded her thanks as she started to leave.

*Fuck off I'll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong
Headstrong we're headstrong
Back off I'll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
I can't give everything away
I won't give everything away*

Just as she walked out of the door, his smirk went into a soft smile. "May your sword guide you to your family, Hope." (She didn't hear him say that ^^) Since that day forward, she carried it with her everywhere she went while keeping it hidden from the eyes of other people. After she put on everything she walked out of her room and locked it with her key and placed it in her pocket and started to walk down the stares. Then she noticed she still had the Squall picture in her hand. She shrugged as she folded it and placed it in her pocket. She grabbed the money off the counter and walked out of the house while locking it when she closed it.

*I know, I know all about [x3]
I know, I know all about your motives inside, and your decisions to hide*

She decided to take a short cut through the forest park as she put her hands in her pockets and trudged along the path. A few minutes later she came across two different paths, one was the short way to the town and the other was the long way. She shrugged her shoulders and decided to take the long way. She was in no hurry. She never took the long way before as she looked at the beautiful trees above her, not noticing the steep hil in front of her.

Hope gasped as her foot missed a step as she started to tumble down the hill. She grunted in pain as her sword was jamming into her ribcage as she was rolling down the hill. When she came to a stop, she hit herhead against a boulder as she immediately fell unconscious. The last thing she saw was her sword glowing a white light as everything went black.

*Fuck off I'll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong
Headstrong we're headstrong
Back off I'll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
I can't give everything away
I won't give everything away*


BG16: Well that's it for the prologue, and I would like to thank Trapt for Headstrong, I don't own them either. See what happeneds in the next chapter!! It's gonna be great!! ^^