Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Hope ❯ Blushes and the Big SeeD Exam ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Lost Hope

Disclaimer: Don't own a damn thing, except my own character! ^^

BG16: Here's chappie 2 hope u like ^^



Chapter Two: Blushes and the Big SeeD Exam


(Two months later)

Squall was standing aside while he watched Hope train Zell teaching him a couple of new moves. It's been two months since she has been here, ever since then they had been unseperateable. They would train every morning and hang out after classes.

*Liberate your mind

You motherfucker, you're so narrow-minded

So narrow-minded

Liberate your mind

Now motherfucker, will you liberate your mind

This time*


She was a little anti-social when other people come to her asking stupid questions and gives her usual 'hn' and ignores them. He smiles lightly that her 'hn's are starting to rub off of him. It's his usual word when he doesn't want to be bothered or to answer questions that students ask him.

The SeeD exam tomorrow afternoon, the three of them passed the written test. Hope and Zell already had gotten Ifrit this morning while he was in his class. He watched as she scolded Zell emotionlessly for doing the move wrong and showed it to him again but this time a little slower. As Zell was trying, Hope turned her head to him and smirks, then turns back to Zell.

Squall looked a little surprised when she turned to him with a smirk, but was it just him or did she blused at him when she looked away? He shrugged when she nodded at Zell and told him to keep repeating the move until he got familiar with it and turned to Squall and walked over to him. "He seems to be getting better..." she said as she crossed her arms and slightly turned her head to Zell.

Squall nodded in approval as she turned back to him with a smirk. "So, ready for your training?" He shrugged as she walked over to her trench coat that was hanging on a branch and brought out her katana and walked to an opening clearing. Squall got out his gunblade and got into a fighting stance; Hope did the same as she crouched down a little and got ready.

After a minute they both dashed toward each other. Hope brought out her weapon as it clanged against his as they both pushed against each other, none of them backing down. They were a couple of inches away from each others faces as they both blushed a little and pushed away. An hour later they nodded at each other and sheathed their weapons as Hope sighed and placed a hand on her forehead.

'What's wrong with me? Why do I feel weird when I look into his eyes? He caught me off guard twice. Am I losing my ability? Or is it...' She was snapped out of her thoughts as Zell called to her. "Hope!" She turned to him. "We're going to get lunch, wanna come and get some grub?"

*Bold motherfucker

Don't limit your mind

Can't you see that the pace

Has fallen behind*


"Are you familiar with the move that I taught you?" she asked as he nodded. "Show me, but do it as fast as you can." He did as he was told and showed her. Six minutes later he finished with her nodded in approval. "Very good, you go on ahead. I'm going to walk around for a while, don't wait up." she said as Zell shrugged his shoulders and started to walk off. He noticed that Squall wasn't following.

"You comin Squall?" Squall watched as Hope swung her trench coat over her shoulder as she walked off toward the hill in front of them. "No, you go ahead. I need to talk to Hope for a minute." he said as he followed her. "Okay then." said Zell as he headed toward Balamb Garden with his hands in his pockets.

That afternoon the three of them decided to train outside the Garden because of the beautiful weather. Hope reached the top of the hill as she lied her stuff down and laid on the grass with her hands behind her head with one knee up. A minute later with her eyes closed a shadow casts over her. She opened her one eye and saw Squall looking down at her. She slightly blushed as she closes them again.

"What's on your mind? You seem to be out of focus today." Hope sighed as he sat down next to her on the grass. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I must be nervous about the SeeD exam coming up tomorrow, also I have to wear a fucking dress... I really hate dresses." Squall gave her a low, quiet chuckle. "It's the Garden's policy for girls to wear them on the exam, you know that..."

"I know, but you know..." Squall looked at her. "I really want to know, will my past ever come back to me? Do I really want them to come back? Do I actually have a family out there? Will I ever find love and get married in the future?" she asked as she was surprised by her own little speech. She blushed at the last question as she turned her eyes on Squall.

*All the hate in your heart

Will be leaving you blind

So bold motherfucker

Don't you limit your mind

This time*


'What's wrong with me? What's this feeling that I'm having?' She saw Squall smile *Gasp!!* with his eyes closed with a light pink hue on his cheeks. "Well, I believe it might be your destiny to find your lost past and fate to find your family and love in the future." He turned to her.

"If we pass this exam and become SeeD's, your journey will begin. You never know what your future lies ahead of you and you should let that come to you." *Woah... a little passionate huh?* They both stared at each others eyes with blushes on their cheeks.

Fine minutes pass as Hope looks away first and clears her throat. "We should get back, Zell is probably wondering where the hell we are..." She said as she grabbed her jacket and sword and starts walking down the hill with Squall following behind her.

~Next Morning~

Hope Woke up at eight in the morning with a yawn. She runs a hand in her hair and decides to take a shower before the big exam starts. She looked at the uniform that was hanging above her bed. She shuddered at it and took it down as she grabbed her bra, panties, white socks and casual boots. She went to her small closet and grabbed her towel and unlocked her door.

When she opened it, she saw two figures sitting at the small table that she has never seen before. It was a man and a woman. The man had black hair and the woman had silver hair with a black eye patch over her eye. Hope looked at them in a glare. "Who are you?" she asked emotionlessly as she stared at the two.

"We're Seifer's friends, ya know? I'm Raijin, and this is Fujin. What's your name beautiful lady?" she glared at him in the coldest glare that made him shiver. "Since you're Seifer's friend, you should know... I'm his room mate. That's all you need to know." said Hope as she walked to the bathroom that was next to the kitchen. She suddenly stopped as she heard Raijin say her least favorite name.

"Bitch..." Suddenly Hope turned around and threw a knife that was on the counter at Raijin. It landed on the wall beside him milimeters from his nose as he stared at it in shock and slight fear. "Say that again and you'll be missing more than your nose..." she said as she slammed the bathroom door and locking it. Raijin pulled the knife out of the wall and sat it on the table. He looked at Fujin who started chuckling at him with her hand over her mouth. "Shut up, Fujin..."

A few minute later Seifer walked in. "What's so funny?" Seifer asked as he walked inside the room. Fujin chuckled somemore and said one word. "ROOM MATE."

"Yeah, your room mate is a psyco, ya know!?" Seifer started to laugh at him. "What did you do?" Fujin looked at him. "INSULT." Seifer looked at him with amusement. "You called her a bitch, didn't you?" Raijin blushed in embarressment and anger as Seifer laughed at him as Fujin chuckled. She stopped and looked at his face. "SCAR?" Seifer calmed down and looked at Fujin.

"Yeah, Squall and I were trainin and I cut him on the face on purpose and he got me back and fell unconscious. I had to carry his heavy ass to the infirmanary. He's okay now, he's walkin around and is with the Instructor to get Ifrit, and that was a half hour ago. He should be back by now."

*Waiting, for your modern messiah

To take away all the hatred

That darkens the light in your eye

Still waiting. I*


The bathroom door opened as the three of them turned around. The two men's jaw dropped with shock as their noses started to bleed. "What the hell are you staring at?" Hope asked coldly with a slight blush on her face. Not waiting for an answer she walked back to her room and grabbed her trench coat with her sword inside and put it on.

She walked back out as the two men were holding their bleeding noses. "What the hell happened to you, scarface?" She asked emotionlessly. "I slashed Squall in the face while training on purpose and did the same to me. He fell unconscious and I had to drag his heavy ass to the infirmanary. He's okay now, he's walkin around and is with the Instructor to get Ifrit. He should be coming back from the cave any minute now..."

"Hn, you deserved it you cheat. Why aren't you dressed up for the exam?" Seifer looked at her as if she grew horns. *which is quite possible cause she's the devil herself ^^* "Are you insane!? I'm not wearing that pansy ass looking uniform!" He said as his nose bled some more. Hope smirked at him as she walked over to the exit. "What's the matter Seifer?" She turned her head to him.

"Too chicken shit to wear it?" she asked as she walked out of the dorm leaving a shocked looking Seifer behind. Seifer now looked at the door in anger. "We'll see who's the chicken shit..." He said as he grabbed a few tissues and walked into his room and slammed the door. A few minutes later he heard Raijan shout out to him from the other side. "You never told me that your room mate was hot!!"

~Main Hall~

Hope was walking next to Zell who had a slight blush on his face. He rubbed the back of his head as his other hand was in his pocket. Hope stopped next to the directory menu with her arms crossed and eyes closed as she waited for instructor Trepe, Squall, and the Headmaster to arrive. Soon enough the Instructor arrived with a clipboard in her hand and walked up to her with a smile.

"Hello Hope, hows my top student today?" Hope opened on eye and stared at her for a minute and closed it. "I hate you people, you have damaged my pride."

"And why is that?"

"You have me wear a dress after I promised myself a long time ago that I will not wear one, for that you have damaged my pride and my dignity. This is a good way for a a guy to feel you up..." Quistis chuckled at her. "Oh quit complaining Hope, it's not that bad once you get used to it." said Quistis as she walked away from her. "Yeah, I'll believe that when Seifer wears a uniform..." she said emotionlessly.

*"Out zion shall come forth a law

And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem

Nation shall not raise sword against nation

And they shall not learn war anymore

For the mouth of the Lord hath spoken"*

"Over here Squall!" called Quistis as Squall walked from the opposite corner. Hope's eyes went open in shock. 'He's in my Squad Group!?' she stood stock still as Zell walked up to him. "Woah! You're in my group? I heard that you and Seifer got into a fight." Squall crossed his arms and looked away from him. "It was only training, and it's none of your business." Quistis decides to interupt.

"Excuse me, but the person that you are talking about is your Squad leader." Zell spun at her in shock. "Say what!?"

"Did someone say my name?" Seifer asked as he rounded the corner with Raijin and Fujin. When everyone saw him, Zell fell to the floor laughing his ass off, while Squall was smirking trying to hold in his laughter as Hope and Quistis stared at him in shock. Seifer was wearing a uniform!!

"Great, now I have to believe what Quistis says about dresses... damn her..." Hope muttered to herself. Quistis blinked out of her shock. "Well... this is a first..."

"Yeah, well don't get used to it, I'm only wearing it once, to prove to someone that I'm not a chicken shit to wear one for once, isn't that right, Hope? Seifer looked at her with a smirk but it suddenly went away as she smirked back at him. "Since when did I care on what you wear? I was only joking with you, I didn't think you would actually wear it and you come out here and embarrassing yourself like this? Now this is entertainment." She said calmly with the smirk still on her face.

Seifer growled and blushed in anger and embarrassment. "You damned bitch! You fuckin tricked me!!" Hope's eyes went into slits as Zell stopped laughing and stood up with wide eyes and Squall was just standing there with a scowl and Quistis was also shocked with wide eyes and backed away from her. *Yeah, you better do that Quistis ^^;;*

"Yeah, you hate that name don't you bitch!? What are you going to do about it!?" For the first time, Squall saw Hope walk out of her hiding place and calmly walked up to Seifer and glared at him. Hope glared at him for another minute and then smirked. "That's miss bitch to you, you big baby." she said as she flicked him in the nose and walked off toward Squall.

Seifer growled about to dash and beat her skull, but Raijin and Fujin held him back from doing so. Squall looked at her with a smirk as she stood by him with her arms crossed. After a few minutes of quiet, Squall was about to say something but Hope cut him off. "Not a word about the dress or I will kill you." she said with a smirk. Squall shook his head while laughing quietly to himself.

After another few minutes of waiting Cid finally showed up. "Is everyone here?" After Cid's speech they hurriedly *is that a word?* went to the parking lot and got in the car except for Seifer, Hope and Squall. Seifer half way got in and turned his head to her in anger written in his eyes. "I'll get you for this Hope, mark my words, you will pay for...-"

"Yeah, yeah, tell me your threat later, just get your bitchy ass in the car." she said as she pushed him in the car with her foot and got in with a smirking Squall. The car ride went surprisingly silent, a few glares from Seifer and Hope and now in a staring contest which of course hope won while making him blink and rub his itchy eyes.

As the car came to a complete stop, they all headed out and stared at the vessel and started to walk toward it. Hope stared at it for a bit longer til Squall's voice called her. "Hope, let's go..." Hope sighed and followed him in the vessel.

*Waiting, fory our modern messiah

To take away all the hatred

That darknes the light in your eye

Still awaiting.*


BG16: Thank you so much!! Chapter 3 will be out in a few days! Thank you!!