Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Mirror ❯ Cold Vampire, Gentle Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mirror Mirror
Disclaimer: If I owned this, do you seriously think I would be writing fanfiction huh???
Note: Chapters will be edited soon, so don't be suprised if the story changes, and a few more come out of nowhere.
 
Why do we choose to love?
Because such is our nature.
- me
 
Chapter 1: Cold Vampire,Gentle Angel
 
His saphhire eyes stare into nothing, he knows he's bleeding but can't feel it, for his body is numb from losing blood. It's dark, with a dim glow from the street light illuminating the grim night though he doesn't notice because he's listening to the hard 'pitpat' of the rain. The sharp lines of his young, pale face are blurred by the white light, giving it a soft look despite the red scars that matched the wild flame colored hair. A sad smile tuggs at the corners of his lips as he thinks,"Wow, this is it, I'm really gonna die."
 
Hears a soft voice as his vision blurs, wondering if an angel was calling to him.
 
----------
 
Tifa gracefully made her way down the street, it was a bit dark and the rain was pouring down heavily. Vincent easily kept up with her, the man's steps silent. Then he stopped. His sensitive hearing had picked up a scream, a male one. He raised his red eyes up and breathed the air, his eyes widened; it reeked of blood and alchohol. Tifa's soft voice pulled him out of his reverie and growing thirst, it had steadily been building up over the past few months and was growing stronger by the hour. Holding the beasts in were becoming harder, and reigning Chaos in was tiring to his body and mind.
 
"Vin, what's the matter? Pause. Are...they trying to get out again?" Her voice was barely audible as she rested her hand on his tensed shoulder. Haunted ruby met worried garnet as he ran the pad of his thumb over her ivory cheek comfortingly, her face calming slightly. A small smile tugged at the corners of his lips, though you couldn't see it for the high collar he wore, she could by the way his eyes crinkled slightly. Then hers hardened again, and this time she was firm.
 
Her eyes were now short of blazing.
 
"Are they getting thirsty again? You remember what happened last time you didn't.....sate them..." Her eyes grew dark as she sifted through the fog her memories had become, for a time after the..incident, she had lost her sanity and had been slowly repiecing her shattered memories, shard by shard. Vincent didn't blame her if she hated him, he'd been a fool for not going to the mountains when he'd had a chance. It had all ended in vain..........
---------
 
Silence. Then another tortured scream as he heard the sickening crack of bone breaking and blood dripping.
 
Drip, drip. Chaos' thirst was becoming insatiable.......
 
He ran. His speed and grace was unnatural to man and beast alike. A speed no man should have, but gifted or cursed with it depending on one's view, he used it only when he needed it and this was one of those times. Tifa ran close behind, just barely keeping up with him wondering why he was in such a hurry to get to where he was going. A more important question plagued her mind. What was he looking for?
 
The dripping was louder, almost deafening as he happened upon the alley. It was dark except for the soft glow of the street light, his vermillion eyes searched the concrete floor and walls for anything red. He breathed deep, the smell was powerful and overwhelming to his senses, so close.
 
Dark voices whisper to him, saying to hurry and find the source of that sweet smell.......
 
The smell of pure, untainted blood flooded his senses.
 
-------------
 
Tifa called to Vincent hoping he'd hold on just a little longer before losing all control. She knew the blood had stirred the beasts hunger, however she didn't want a repeat of New Year's Eve. In some morbid way it had been funny, he'd went after Rufus ShinRa laughing like a complete maniac with a mallet, a mallet of all things! This had been before he transformed into the third form.
 
The brunette shuddered at the memory. Tifa stopped in mid-step, had she just heard what she thought she heard? There it was again! It sounded like a cross between a moan and a cough, an odd sound, though that was farthest from her mind. It started getting louder, it was coming from the back of the dumster she realized groggily almost. Trotting to the back of the dumster she finally realized what or more specifically who Vincent had ran off to look for.
 
It was Reno. The man's face had cuts and bruises littering it, he looked to have a few broken ribs and all his fingers had been shattered; to be blunt, he looked like he'd been ran over with three volkswagons and a Harley. His eyes were half open and staring upward, his breathing was shallow and labored. Tifa gently shook him and called his name a few times hoping he would at least wince a little.
 
Finally she carefully picked him up and slowly walked over to Vincent who had found Reno's mag rod and was looking it over with an odd fascination. He glanced at Tifa then at the redhead's wild hair and raised a dark eyebrow.
 
"So that's who I smelled," said Vincent in his usual monotone, though his voice hinted at a smirk.
 
Tifa just sighs as they make their way to the street, her feet feel heavier each step forward, as they walk through the heavy rain.
 
One step, two steps.
 
It feels like an eternity, every footfall feels like a lifetime has passed eventhough it's only been a few minutes.
 
As the rain starts falling harder on her shivering form, her resolve wavers and she slows down. Almost swears as she nearly slips and falls into a puddle, catches herself before she loses her footing on the wet pavement and hurts him further.
 
Her hair is sticking to her face, hides that she's tired and cold. Starts taking breaths and counting her steps to make sure she keeps going.
 
"Keep going, don't stop," she chants to herself over and over again, and she wants to fall to her knees, wants to rest.......
 
To give up........
 
But like any other time when she'd wanted to fall and never get back up, she remembered this....
 
-------------------
 
A four year old Tifa was attempting to keep up with her mother as they walked up the steps to where the festival was taking place. Every once in awhile she would trip on her kimono and fall, but got back up again with her mother's help.
 
She climbed the steps faster hoping to catch up with her mother, but was always two steps behind and never quick enough to grab hold of the long midnight braid swishing in front of her. Faster and faster she walked until she was almost walking beside her, her eyes brightened as she saw the lights of the festival up ahead. They were almost there!
 
Then she mis-stepped and went rolling down the stone stairs, her mother sprinting down to stop her but failed, and Tifa fell to the break in the stairs with a sickening crack. Tremors racked her small body as she lay on the stone sobbing quietly as her mother gently picked her up and began to walk back down the stairs, ready to take Tifa home to see the doctor.
 
Small hands clenched the red fabric of her mother's kimono, as she weakly protested that she wanted to go on to see the festival.
 
"Why sweetie?"
 
Tifa's teary garnet eyes met her mother's dark amber as she replied, her voice so soft her mother had to strain to hear her.
 
"Because I don't want to give up.....And I just wanted to make you happy..."
 
Her mother wiped her tears with the back of her pale hand, and kissed the dark chocolate locks as she carried the small child down the long stairway. Whispered comforting words and stroked Tifa's back, while searching for the right words to say, so she wouldn't confuse Tifa.
 
"Baby, I'm happy as long as you're here,"a soft smile,"and one fall doesn't mean you've given up....." Tifa looked up from her mother's shoulder, her eyes curious to see her meaning.
 
"It means you can only get back up and try again."
 
----------------------
 
Her mother's words urge her on through the pouring rain as they round the corner of the street, the bar coming into view. Face brightens as the door is unlocked and they're out of the icy rain, she glances at Vincent who is visibly shivering and apparently just as cold as she.
 
Though he's freezing he still offers to take Reno up to one of the guest rooms and treat his wounds, to give her the rest of the night to relax and get warm.
 
Tifa nodds slowly and carefully hands Reno to Vincent, who carries the younger man up the stairs while she follows. The hall is silent, no sound except for Vincent moving around in the guest room, she cracks open the door to Marlene and Denzel's room. The two are sleeping peacefully in their beds, moogles squeezed thoroughly as they dream, she wishes she had a camera.
 
Quietly she walks to the security of her room and the warmth of her bed. Pauses for a moment before rummaging through the drawers of the worn mahogany dresser, searching for her light purple pajamas.
 
Smiling triumphantly when she finds them, she places them on her desk and extends a pale, long-fingered hand to lock the door, with this done she begins to strip off the rain soaked clothes from her petite form. A sigh of content escapes her lips as the soft fabric runs over her cool skin, smiles as she eyes the orange cats that seem to smile up at her from the pajama pants.
 
The soft matress is welcoming to her sore back, and the covers warming to her senses. When her eyes slip closed and she's far away in dreamin', she doesn't see vermillion eyes watching her from the crack of the door. Doesn't hear it shut as he closes the door and goes back to the guestroom, to sit by the young redhead as he sleeps.
 
 
Hello peoples!! I just wanna say I love you guys and thanks for reviewing. From this chapter on it will be angsty and I hope my writing isn't bad..........