Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ One Heck of an Adventure ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy games 7-10 (I don't really like the beginning of this chapter but you might. I'm just kinda winging it right now so, I have no idea of where this is going)

I slowly walked down the empty hallway. All alone again. My long almond colored hair was up in a loose braid that ended at my waist. Wispy bangs brushed in my face. I wiped them away. My eyes were a hazel with colors switching from a forest green to a wood brown. I had a small body and probably could pass as a younger child than fourteen. I sighed as my heavy book bag weighted on my back. My lonely footsteps echoed through the school hallway. A strange sensation trickled my back. I straightened myself quick. I felt my blood run cold as I felt a deep stare on her. I glanced around but saw no one but that shaking feeling wouldn't leave me. I quickened her step.

"Hello there." A voice called out. I swirled around in fear, there was nobody there. I quickened my step in almost a run. I couldn't shake the fear that was haunting I felt something grab my back pack. I threw it off my shoulders and swirled around and faced a man with strange light blue hair. His chest was bare and exposed. His deep sparkling blue eyes stared at me with burning eyes. His hand was clutching the book bag with long cold fingernails. I stared in horror.

"So you are what we're looking for? You are a very hard person to find." The man grinned. I was frozen in fear. "Don't run, and this will be quick and painless."

"What's going on here?" I asked myself. "He looks just like Seymour from Final Fantasy X but that's impossible."

The man gripped my throat with his hand and started choking the life out of me. His long fingernails dug into my neck as blood slowly oozed out. I tried to scream but no noise came out. I gasped for breath but couldn't grasp it. The man grinned.

"That's a good girl, it'll be over real quick." He assured. A blur came out of nowhere and sliced the man in the arm. It was a young boy with bright blond hair that stuck out everywhere. A shining sword was in his hand. Strange bright clothes dressed him. His main colors were a bright yellow and a jean blue. His sparkling blue eyes stared at his target. His sword that bubbled and swished around like water was in his hand in a tight grip. A necklace hung around his neck.

"Don't just stand there, run!" The boy ordered. I obeyed, afraid to do nothing else. I dashed down the hallway, unsure of where I was going. What was going on? I was afraid to turn around and find out. A boy with almond colored hair was running beside me. His hair flopped in front of his face and he grinned at me with big almond colored eyes.

"You sure don't run very fast, do you?" The boy grinned.

"Hey! I run just fine!" I shouted to the boy. "Who are you to judge me?" The boy ran in front of me, halting me in me tracks.

"Just because I got to make sure you don't get killed."

"Well, you're a nut." I stepped and started walking away from him but a small boy stopped me. He was young with a big straw hat, flopping in front of his face. Clothing covered his whole body. He glanced at me and I jumped back in shock. There staring back at me was two golden eyes in a face of darkness.

"Vivi, take her to a safe place." The older boy ordered. The little boy named Vivi took me hand and led me away. As I glanced back to the boy to protest, I noticed something very odd about him. He had a tail sticking out through his pants..

Vivi led me up the stairs but halfway there, the windows shattered and man on a motorcycle came crashing it. He halted right in front of us. His hair was a bight blond and short. A tan overcoat covered his body but reveled a strange gun with a trigger at his side.

"Give me the girl and no one gets hurt." He ordered.

"Zidane ordered me to protect her and that's what I'm going to do." Vivi said in defiance. The man grinned as he pulled out his sword.

"That's a crying shame, kid." He aimed the gun at us and pulled the trigger. Vivi placed his hands together and a small flame grew in his hands then became giant fireballs. He threw it at the incoming bullets. It engulfed the bullets and burned the attempted murder. He didn't die, he just got mad.

"That's it, kid. You're dead" The man rushed to Vivi, blade in hand.

"Run! Go! I'll hold him off as long as I can!" Vivi ordered. I rushed up the stairs in a feverish sweat. What was going on? All these people appeared to me in games. Silly little games that just were for fun. When did games become endangerment of your life? I didn't stop running after I reached the top of the stairs. I continued running, not stopping for a moment's rest. I didn't even look where I was going; I was just trying to figure out everything. Something hard hit me and knocked me to the ground. I glanced up and a man in a ruby red trench coat stared down at me. Thin sunglasses hung below his dark slim eyes. A scar was over his eye. His face was haggard and wore, ready for sleep. His arm was nestled in his trench coat. A giant sword was strapped on his back.

"There you are." He remarked. I leaped up and put up my fist.

"I'll fight you but I have to warn you, I can somewhat kick butt." I threatened, shaking with fear. The man chuckled.

"No, don't worry. I'm here to protect you." The man assured.

"Why should I trust you?" I asked. His eyes widen.

"Look out!" He shoved me out of the way of the incoming blade into the lockers, bruising my ribs. The man was able to block the blade with his own giant blade.

The owner of the blade was a slim man with white wispy hair but that didn't make him look any older. He wasn't very tall but something about him made him look strong and intelligent.

"Run!" The protector roared at me.

I scrambled up and I was running for my life again. My breath grew shorter and shorter and my legs were becoming jello. How much longer must I run? I was halted by a man that appeared out of nowhere. He stared at me with deep cold green eyes. Sliver hair flowed from his skull to his waist. In his hand was a long and powerful sword. He was dressed in complete black. I felt myself crumbling at his feet. I couldn't look away from his stare. He lifted his sword and was about to ram it into my body but I couldn't move. A shot resounded through the hallway. I swirled around and there was a man with a deep scar over his eye. A fleece black coat covered his body and a necklace hung around his neck. In his hand was a gunblade, a weapon in Final Fantasy 8.

"Are you just going to sit there and die or are you going to run?" The man asked. I quivered as I forced my body up. A roaring motorcycle blared through the hallway. A man with brilliant blond hair was ridding it. He held out his arm and grabbed me before my assassin tried to kill me again. His strong arms held me tightly. It was Cloud. I stared in him in wonderment. His deep green Mako eyes stared attentively at the hallway. His arms gripped me tightly.

"You better hold on." He ordered. I glanced up and he was going to run through the glass window on the second floor. I tensed up and I gripped his bare arms. The motorcycle reared and flew right out the window. Glass shards covered me as we were in mid air for a few second before gravity caught up with us. We landed on the ground with a rough bump. The motorcycle reared back then sped up towards the forest next to the school. He slowed down to a comfortable crawl.

"Don't worry, you're safe." Cloud assured me. My mouth was in gap. Somehow I found my voice.

"W-w-what's going on?" I stuttered.

"I'm not so sure myself." He muttered. A gun shot echoed through the forest. The man pulled up next to us in the same motorcycle. He aimed the gunblade in his hand at Cloud. Now I remember where I seen him. He was Seifer from Final Fantasy 8.

"Give me the girl." He ordered.

"You want her?" Cloud revved up the engines. "Come get her." Cloud sped off, dodging trees. I closed my eyes in fear of him actually hitting one. The bullets whizzing by my head increased my fear.

"Here kid, drive for a sec." Cloud ordered me. I opened my eyes as I realize that his hands were no longer on the handles. I screamed as I gripped the handles, trying to dodge the incoming trees. My hands were shaking so much, it was hard to keep it straight. Cloud pulled out his giant blade and slashed at Seifer. He backed away and shot another bullet. This time, it actually hit the target. A shearing pain shot through my shoulder as I lost control of the bike. It skidded into a tree but Cloud grabbed me before I was crushed along with the bike. He held me close in his arms as he ran as fast as he could. The pain in my shoulder wouldn't stop. I felt the blood flowing out.

"Don't worry, kid. We're almost safe." He assured. "Just hold on a little longer." I felt my world getting hazy. I heard his breath becoming short and his heart beating faster.

"We got to get her out of here." Cloud ordered to someone. I could vaguely make out a shape.

"Well, hurry up and follow me." A voice commanded. I struggled to stay conscious. I could barely see the sky. I just wanted to get out of where ever I was and let the pain go away. I must have been delusional because the sky suddenly became so bright, I couldn't see anything. Then I passed out.