Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ One Heck of an Adventure ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy (I wonder if I got to write this every chapter?)

I awoke to angry murmurings. I was in a soft bed with dull gray cotton blankets. Where was I? Was everything that happened, all a dream? Thoughts swirled around my head. I slowly sat up but found I didn't have the strength and fell back down. Golden eyes stared at me.

"She's finally awake." Vivi shouted towards the voices. Everyone's bright faces crowded around me.

"She's finally awake." Someone that looked strangely like Titus remarked.

"It's about time." Someone that resembled Squall said. I found the strength to sit up.

"Where am I and what's going on and why where those men trying to kill me?" I went into hysteria. Zidane shushed me and forced me to relax.

"To your first question, you're in Cloud's friends house. Two, I thought you can answer that one, and three, we have no idea." Auron answered my questions which wasn't very helpful.

"I got to sit down." I remarked.

"You are sitting up." Vivi pointed out.

"Then I got to stand up." I forced myself out of the bed. I stood on the ground, woozy.

"Okay, okay, okay. Sit back down. We'll explain everything the best we can." Titus pushed me back into the bed. I sat down, trying to sort out my thoughts.

"We might want to introduce ourselves first." Zidane suggested. "My name is Zidane and this is Vivi." He pointed to the little boy beside him.

"I'm Squall." He remarked, leaning against the wall.

"Cloud." He remarked, standing in the back.

"I'm Titus." He remarked, leaning back on a chair.

"Auron." He was beside my bed.

"And yours is?" Zidane asked.

"Oh right, I bet you want to know that. It's Emily; it's nice to meet you all." I waved rapidly like a stupid ditz. It was only then till I realize that my shoulder was in bandages and hurt to move. I cradled my shoulder. Cloud cocked an eyebrow.

"Why would Sephiroth want with a girl with a name like Emily?" Cloud muttered to himself.

"What's wrong with the name Emily?" I demanded feeling insulted.

"Nothing, it just seems so plain for a girl like you." Cloud covered up.

"Nice recovery." Zidane whispered in Cloud's ear.

"You see, we all had this same dream," Titus started to explain.

"With this beautiful girl with long flowing brown hair was standing there," Zidane continued.

"She pleaded with each of us," Squall picked up.

"To help her and protect her from something called Death Claw," Vivi remarked.

"But we couldn't find her anywhere and just when we were about to forget about the dream and go back to our daily lives, there's a bright light and we end up at your school and that's where we met you,"

"You know the rest." Titus remarked. I blinked a few seconds, trying to progress this.

"So what makes you think that I'm that girl in your dreams?" I asked. They looked at each other.

"You look like her." Vivi pointed out.

"Did she tell you why she needed protection?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"You should know; you send the dream." Titus remarked.

"I didn't send that dream. I have no idea what's going on!" I exclaimed.

"Fine, just don't send a dream when you don't know why." Titus muttered.

"I didn't send it!"

"Whatever." He sighed. I gritted my teeth.

"Those men were trying to kill you. Did they perhaps confuse you with someone else or did they know something about you that you did not?" Auron asked.

"I don't know; I just want to go home." I stood up and stomped towards the door. Squall halted me.

"You can't go home. At least not the same way you came here." He remarked

"How did I get here in the first place?" I shouted.

"We don't know." Cloud remarked. I threw up my hands. I was getting confused and frustration. What was going on? This couldn't be a dream because I felt the blazing pain in my shoulder. I felt lost and scared. I sat on the ground, trying to make some sense out of what I heard.

"Let's say that I am that girl in your dream, not that I am, but let's just pretend I am. Then what?" I asked.

"We protect you." Auron answered.

"And what if I'm not?" I asked. There was a long pause as everyone thought.

"You wouldn't have any home to go to…" Titus thought out loud.

"We would protect you." Auron answered. That statement assured me. I wasn't alone, just lost.

"How are we going to find out if this is the girl?" Cloud asked.

"How bout going to the ruins of the Centra?" A voice suggested. I whirled around and faced a girl with a short skirt and raven black hair in a ponytail. It was Tifa, Cloud's lifetime friend. Cloud's face dropped at the thought. I've never beaten the game so I don't know exactly why he was sad.

"Yeah, we can all take a drive on my airship." Another man stepped in with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Really?" My mood was finally perking up. "That would be great, thank you so much." I thanked over and over again.

"Before we go off, maybe you would want to change?" Tifa offered. I glanced down at my attire and blushed. I was only wearing a bra and torn pants. Tifa came back with a set of clothes. The boys left and I quickly got dressed. I slipped on a brilliant purple jacket with thick warm gloves. My pants were a little long and loose around my waist but a thick belt fixed that. Thick wool boots were given to me to wear and were very comfortable. I bounced down the steps into a warm house. There was Tifa and the boys just lounged around, waiting for me.

"You ready to go guys?" I asked. Titus perked up.

"Yeah, let's go!" He exclaimed.

"Alrightly then, let's go. The Highwind is just right outside the city limits." Cid remarked. We followed Cid out of the house and into the beautiful yard. Flowers decorated everything. Butterflies flutter from one flower to the next. A sweet breeze was in the air. The fall of Shinra finally did some good. There were still parts of machines lying around but they were slowly being cleaned up.

"Hurry up now." Cid rushed me. I followed close behind his heels. Soon we were at the city limits. The walls that protected the city were being destroyed and torn down with hammers and graffiti covered it. Outside the city was a beautiful ship on the ground, sparkling in the sun.

"Alright, kids, let's go." Cid ordered as he hopped on the ship. I walked up the bridge leaning up to the deck.

"Everyone on? Good. Let's go to the ruins of Centra!" Cid declared. He entered the cockpit and started the ship. The engine spurred and coughed as it slowly lifted itself up in the air. Vivi glanced over the edge of the ship and the shrinking ground. He slowly backed away from the rail and into the brig.

"What's wrong with him? Getting air sick already?" Titus asked.

"He's just afraid of heights. He's just going to stay down there for the whole trip." Zidane explained.

As we soared through the clouds, I stood on the deck and stared out in the sky. How did I get here? Am I really that girl in those dreams or just a mistake?

"So Emily," I screamed at the sound of someone else's voice. I swirled around and Squall was behind me. He leaned up against the rail next to me.

"So, what do you expect to find?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"I dunno; a big mistake."

"Anything you would regret?"

"Why would I regret it?"

"In case you find something about you that you just didn't want to know." He remarked.

"I like to know what I'm being hunted for and not believe in lies." I answered. Squall nodded in agreement. "So what do you think?" I asked.

"I think," He paused for a moment. "There is something special about you and you are that girl in my dream. So I'm just going to protect you because that's what I feel I have to do." He answered me truthfully. "I don't care what you believe." He remarked. He walked away to leave me alone with my thoughts. After a while, I got bored of just standing and having no one to talk to. I wanted to talk to Vivi.

I went to the brig where Vivi was sitting on the ground, shaking by one of the beds.

"Are you okay?" I asked, kneeling across from him.

"We're really high up, aren't we?" He asked.

"Why don't you come out and look." I suggested. He shook his head.

"It's scary." He replied.

"Come on, there is nothing to fear but fear itself." I remarked, taking his hand.

"Except for gravity."

"Come on, I'm going to hold your hand the whole time. I won't let go." I assured. Vivi sighed.

"Okay." He followed me as I gripped his hand. He squeezed harder the closer we got to the deck. I forced him on the deck and towards the rail. He was crushing my hand but I said nothing. He glanced over the rail and almost fell over but I never let go of his hand.

There was a sudden jolt on the ship and I was forced over the side. I grabbed on the side of the rail and held onto Vivi with my other hand. He held on to dear life.

"Don't look down." I ordered as I struggled to pull myself and Vivi up. He unfortunately did and started to squirm.

"Don't let go!" Vivi shouted at me.

"I won't; just relax." I ordered.

"Where is the girl?" A familiar voice asked.

"You leave her alone." I heard Squall call out.

"What do you want with her anyways?" Zidane asked.

"She has something we desire." Seymour explained.

"Then you have to go thought us first." Titus threatened. There was a clanging of swords. I was losing my grip. Somebody please find me. Vivi was sobbing softly. I needed help. I was forced to eat my words as Kuja's face appeared over the edge.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" He muttered as he stared at me. He grabbed my hand and held me over the edge.

"Stop! We need her body." Sephiroth's voice ordered. Kuja lifted me up and held me under his arm. He held Vivi in another.

"What about this one?" He asked.

"Toss him overboard, he's a dead weight." He ordered.

"No, please! Leave him alone, he didn't do anything!" I screamed and pleaded. My screams fell on deaf ears.

"Leave him alone!" Zidane roared. He rushed up to Kuja, blades drawn but it was too late. Kuja tossed Vivi over like a rag doll. I screamed as I watch him fall over. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Now it's the girl's turn." Seifer stepped towards me with his gun blade drawn.

"What do you want with me?" I demanded, still shaking from crying. "I am nothing." Sephiroth chuckled. He lifted my eyes to him.

"You have something very powerful in you. You may not realize it but I won't give you the chance to find out." Sephiroth lifted his blade to my throat as my wet eyes widen.

"You killed Vivi! I'll kill you!" Zidane rushed and slashed his sword across his shoulder. Blood slowly oozed out. Sephiroth forgot about me and turned to Zidane.

"You little whelp. I'll kill you and everyone on this ship!" Sephiroth slashed at Zidane. He fell to the floor as a giant gash was left on his stomach.

"I had enough of this!" Cloud pulled out his buster blade and attacked Kuja, still holding me. Squall was attacking Seymour and Titus attended Zidane and Auron attempt to attack Sephiroth.

Kuja backed away with every slash that Cloud made. He finally fought back with magic and send Cloud flying back. He quickly recovered and attacked again. The blade was so fast, I was afraid that he was going to miss and attack me. Kuja fired another magic force at Cloud. He leaped up the air, barely dodging the attack and landed behind Kuja. He took his blade and sliced him in the back. Kuja released me and fell to his knees.

"Dammit Kuja, look what you done!" Seifer ordered, pointing to the engine that was smoking and broken. "Your damn magic attack blew it up! I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting the hell out of here." Seifer ran off to his smaller airship. Seymour and Kuja followed, Sephiroth glared at me with empty cold eyes then turned to the airship and watched us as we plummet towards the earth. The details of the incoming forest became more and more clear.

"We're going to crash!" Titus pointed out.

"Hold on to something!" Cid ordered.

I felt something wrap around my waist. Auron was holding me while gripping to the side of the rail.

"Hold on." He whispered to me. I gripped his body and tensed up for the incoming trees.

Splinters and trees came flying pass as the ship crashed into the ground. The forced knocked everyone on the ground.