Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ One Heck of an Adventure ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy 7-10 but that's okay. (Hey, keep reading this; I'm sorry that the chapters are so short. Maybe I should have written this before I posted it up but I was stupid and excited and just went ahead and posted it up. P.S. uhh, I talk about ff7 topography in this so I'm making this up so don't be smart and tell me that's never in the game but reviews are nice ^-^)

I lay on the ground for what seemed like forever. An arm was draped over my chest. It belonged to Auron. He was still holding on me. I felt his soft drawn out breath. I slid his arm off and forced myself up. I felt woozy and unstable. I fell back into the dirt. Auron was right beside me, unconscious. I knelt beside him.

"Auron?" I whispered, hoping he would awake. His eyes flickered open.

"Are you okay Emily?" He asked. I nodded. He forced his body up. He groaned and fell back into the dirt. His legs were covered in tiny splitters and a few giant ones.

"You're injured; just stay here while I go look for the others." I ordered. Auron halted me.

"I'm fine." He forced himself up but used his giant sword for support.

"Here, use me for support." I suggested, draping his arm across my shoulder. He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think you can support me." He remarked.

"Sure I can," I assured him, "just let your body weight on mine." I ordered. Auron obeyed and my knees quivered at the weight on my body.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I grunted, "I'm fine." I took one step forwards and fell into the dirt. Auron fell on top of me.

"I told you that I was too heavy." Auron pointed out, getting to his feet. I slowly lifted myself up.

"Fine then mister smarty pants." I stuck out my tongue. "I'll just look for the others by myself. You stay here and wait for me." I ordered. Auron wouldn't hear it. He struggled to follow me with his sword as a crutch. "Auron, if you don't rest, I'll kick that sword from under you and steal it." I threatened.

"I very much doubt that." He remarked. I turned around and kicked the sword swiftly on the flat side on the blade. It crushed my toes. I groaned as I hopped on one foot.

"Oooh, no more miss nice girl." I rushed and head butt Auron, hoping to knock him to the ground. He just grabbed my head before I came into contact. I swung my arms around, hoping to hit him but my arms were too short.

"Fine, I'll rest, just so you don't kill yourself." Auron sat down in the dirt, nursing his injured legs. I ran off before he changed his mind.

I called out the others name but got no response. Parts of the wreckage were scattered everywhere. A few trees were smoldering from a fire that broke out. I continued calling out names but getting no response. Suddenly, out of the tree, a blob just fell out and landed in front of me. It was colored a deep gooey blue. Its eyes stared at me. I regain my composer. It was just a blob. I chucked to myself, being scared of a blob. It started to glow. What was it doing? I wasn't scared, it was just sparkling, so what? A water bubble suddenly came over me. I couldn't breath. I tried to escape but the water bubble trapped me. I was losing oxygen and I became frantic. I couldn't scream for help. The bubble finally burst with a sharp pain through my body. I didn't care, I was alive. I panted heavily, taking large gulps of air. Was that the water attack? The blob started glowing again. Oh no, not again! A fireball whistled passed me and attacked the blob. It seemed to melt into the ground. I swirled around and Squall was standing there with his palm facing the melted blob.

"You got to start protecting yourself. I'm not going to be there forever to protect you." Squall remarked. I literally leaped on Squall and hugged him tightly. He barely had any time to catch me.

"Yay! You're alive. I was so worried. Auron is alive too but I had to make him sit still cause he had a hard time walking." I explained. He placed me back down.

"What were you thinking, taking on that flan by yourself? Why didn't you run away? You don't even have a weapon." Squall questioned. "You could have been killed."

"I didn't know, it was a blob." I remarked.

"I forgot, you're not from this world." He sighed. "It's okay, there was no harm done, just be careful." He ordered. I felt bad and weak, not able to go very far without needing help.

We started walking back to Auron who was trying to get to me after hearing my screams. I forced him to relax. Squall suggested that I stayed with Auron while he looked for everyone else. He sensed my fear.

"It's okay, we don't expect you to know everything. Just to be around us and let us protect you." Auron assured. I felt this loneliness surrounding me. I wanted somebody to hold my hand. Then memories of Vivi flooded my mind and I just broke down and cried. I promised him that I would always hold his hand. He was the only one I felt like I could talk to him. Although I knew him for a short time, I thought of him as my best friend. I loved him in the game and I loved him now.

"What is she crying about?" Cloud asked. Titus crept close to my face till he was only a few inches away. I felt his hot breath.

"What's wrong? We're all alive." He assured.

"Vivi is dead." I cried. A melancholy pause fell upon the group. Zidane turned his back to the group and Titus had a look of remorse on his face as he held me close.

"We got to go." Cloud ordered.

"Give her a few minutes to morn." Titus requested.

"We got to get out of here before Sephiroth comes and attacks us again and it might be someone else that ends up dead." Cloud pointed out.

"He's got a point." Auron stood up, using all his strength to stand up straight but was unable to. His sword was used as his crutch. I agreed, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Where's Cid?" I asked.

"He said he was going to go back and tried to build another ship." Cloud answered. "Now let's go."

We began to walk through the forest at a slow pace for Auron and Zidane who was still suffering from the wound inflicted by Sephiroth. None of us said anything. What was there to say? Titus attempted to cheer me up but it was in vain. I felt weak and small and all alone.

"More flan." Squall pointed out as they dropped out of the trees like gumdrops. A wolf joined the battle. Zidane slashed through them like butter and Squall did his infamous fire attack. The monsters died and we continued on. Random flan and wolves would appear out of nowhere and attack and we killed them easily. We soon came upon a dark cave.

"Let's go." Cloud ordered.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" Zidane asked.

"Of course, I'm not just wandering around aimlessly." Cloud assured as he entered the cave. We had no choice but to follow. We entered the dark and damp cave. Our footsteps echoed through the cavern wall. I couldn't see three feet in front of me. I felt us ascending at a gentle slope. I felt something grab my hand. I screamed in fear.

"Relax, it's just me." Zidane's voice assured me. I gripped his hand and continued down the tunnel.

"You know what I think?" Titus started to say.

"Nobody wants to hear what you think." Cloud remarked.

"I think we need light."

"Well duh." Zidane remarked.

"Hey guys, no arguing, spread the peace." I remarked. The group fell silent again and we continued walking. The cold of the cave was finally pulling into effect. I heard Zidane's shivering beside me.

"Are you cold?" I asked him.

"No," He shivered, "I'm fine."

"I have a jacket if you want it." I offered.

"I'm fine. You need it more than me. We wouldn't want you to get sick." He assured.

"I know you're cold Titus. Do you want my jacket?" I asked.

"I am cold but I rather be cold then see you cold." He assured me.

"I think I see a light anyways." Squall pointed out. I glanced around and spied a small light trying to reach the far end of the tunnel.

"I'll race you Emily." Titus challenged.

"Me too!" Zidane joined.

"Okay, how bout you, guys?" I asked the others. Squall decided to join but Auron didn't join because of his injuries and Cloud thought of it as childish. We lined up together as best we could in the dark.

"Ready….GO!" We all dashed off through the tunnel as fast as I could. As I ran, I felt the ground becoming softer and slipper. Titus and Zidane were neck and next. Squall was in front of me and I was dead last. I tried to outrun but couldn't. I passed the tunnel and entered a large cavern where a shaft of light was shining down from a large whole in the ceiling of the cavern. Snow drifted down into the cave. A ledge was high up where I spotted an opening. Zidane and Titus were auguring to see who won. Squall was okay being in third because I was last. Auron and Cloud soon entered when I was trying to spread the peace.

"How bout a tie, guys?" I suggested to Titus and Zidane. None of them would agree.

"Heck no, that's worst than losing!" Zidane exclaimed.

"Stop fighting children, we need to go." Cloud ordered. The boys grumbled as they finally stopped.

"Now what?" asked Squall.

"We climb up there and get out." Auron pointed to the ledge where there was another tunnel.

"Good luck climbing that." I muttered, staring upwards.

"It doesn't look too hard." Squall stated. He placed his foot on a little bulge of the ledge and grabbed the snow covered rocks and began to climb. I followed close behind, not wanting to wait before somebody suggests something stupid that's suppose to protect me. Titus and Zidane began to freak but Auron assured them.

"She's not a child. She knows how to take care of herself." He assured. I was so glad I had a person as smart as Auron to tell them off. I continued my climb with Titus and Zidane following. My foot wiggled out a rock and it fell and missed Zidane and Titus and his Cloud square in the forehead.

"Watch it." He shouted.

"Well, maybe your head shouldn't be there." I shouted back. I heard Squall chuckle softly.

We finally made it to the top where the opening and hopefully freedom lied. The opening was small and even I had to hunch over to fit in.

"I think someone should go in there and see if we can fit in there." Zidane suggested. Everyone looked at me.

"Don't let everyone jump at once. Fine, I'll go."

I bent over and headed down the cavern. It began to shrink the father I went down. Soon I was on my hands and knees. There was no possible way that the others could fit in here. I continued to crawl, hoping to find and exit. It was so dark, I couldn't see anything. I ran into something, head first. At first, I thought it was a dead end but after I inspected it, it wasn't. The wall felt leathery and soft. Suddenly, the wall opened up and reveled a large glowing eye. The eye glowed and glared at me. My eyes widen as I realize that it wasn't a wall at all. I squirmed as I crawled backwards as fast as I could and when I could stand up. I ran as fast as I could. I screamed at the others to run away. I burst out of the cavern and I didn't stop running. I ran off the ledge and right into a pile of snow. There was a crash behind me.

I whirled around and faced a giant dragon. Icicles hung from its wings and its scale was a glittering ice blue color. Its golden eyes still glared at me. The others were still recovering from the blast of the dragon. The dragon advanced on me. The iron covered tail came out of nowhere and stuck me in the stomach. I flew against the wall. I lay on the ground for a few minutes.

"Stand up! Get out of the way!" I heard voices command me. I tried my hardest to force my body up. I slowly stood up and but my knees buckled and I fell into the snow again. I glanced up at the dragon. It was preparing for its second attack. I felt something pick me up. It was Cloud. He sighed heavily as he threw me over his shoulder. He held me with one hand and his giant blade in the other. He circled the dragon, never taking his eyes off the dragon. The dragon snapped at him with its powerful jaws but Cloud was quick to react. He leaped out of the way and struck the dragon in the neck. I bounced around, feeling weak and a little nauseous. The sword barely penetrated. He leaped back and circled the dragon, searching for a weak spot. The dragon whipped out his tail but before it came into contact with Cloud, Squall fired his gun blade at the dragon's eye and it backed away. Cloud finally had the chance to attack. He slashed across the dragon's leg but the thick scales protect it from the blow. The dragon reposition itself to attack. It reared back and flicked its tail at him. Cloud ran forward towards the dragon. He slid under its stomach and stabbed his sword into the underside. He left friction and snow drag him across the ground. Blood and its inside fell out onto the ground, staining the white snow with deep mauve blood. Now I knew I was going to vomit. The dragon fell against the wall in the small cavern and it began to cave it.

"RUN!" Auron ordered. We scrambled to the new cavern created by the dragon. I was still over Cloud's shoulder. We ran as fast as we could. Auron was last with his injuries holding him back. Rocks from the cavern were falling all over the place. Cloud would have to react before he got crushed along with me. He was so quick on his feet; I was tossed around like a rag doll. My stomach twisted in anxiety and fear. The tunnel seemed to last forever and I feared that we would be crushed. Like a light of hope, I saw the end.

"We're almost there!" Squall shouted over the rumble. We used the last of our energy to burst out of the tunnel and into the other side of the mountain. The mountain crumbled into itself as we leaped out of the cave. Dust covered us. Cloud stood up, still holding me. He finally placed me down.

"Everyone alive?" Cloud asked. There were groans from the guys.

"Where's Auron?" Titus asked.

"He was behind us." Squall started to say. We glanced back at the destroyed mountain. The dust was still settling. We called out his name but there was no responds. I felt my eyes water. I didn't want to lose another friend. I saw a figure limping out of the dust. It was Auron. I ran to him and hugged him close.

"I was so afraid." I remarked. All of a sudden, my nausea finally caught up with me.

"Aw, that's gross." Titus shielded his eyes.

"You couldn't hold that in?" Zidane asked. Auron stepped back with vomit all down his coat. There was a long pause. I blushed in embarrassed. He glanced down at his coat and began to laugh. Zidane and Titus began to laugh hysterically. Squall and Cloud even began to chuckle.

"It's nice to see you again too." Auron laughed.