Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Paradis ❯ Ascend ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author: Rikku ShinRa
Disclaimer: Yes! I do own Final Fantasy 7, but I do not have the rights to it.
Rating: k+ for the kissie face!
Summary: Cloud runs away during his wedding, Tifa goes after him and finds him in Aeris' church. Tifa's POV
Spoilers: The summary!
 
Ascend
 
This place was a sanctuary; a place to go where tranquillity ruled and your guardian angel was always there. The old church had been the haven for a young flower girl by the name of Aeris Gainsborough, but now, it sheltered her companion - Cloud Strife.
 
The now 24 year old sat near the pond that was full of yellow wild flowers, looking at his reflection in the pacific waters. He studied himself: the meticulous black suit, black bow tie, white dress shirt, and a pair of newly polished black dress shoes completed the ensemble.
 
A low sigh escaped the hero's lips as he tossed the red buttoner, which he had been cradling in his hand, in to the water. It drifted slowly, coming to join two yellow flowers that stood alone by the beach.
 
Cloud stretches a bit, before moving back into his slightly hunched over position on the pew, elbows resting on his knees, face held in the palm of his cupped hands. After what seems like an eternity, he stands, slowly, fixing his suit and wiping off the invisible dust of his shoulders. This action brought a small smile to my face, even after what had happened.
 
It had only been an hour ago that I was furious with him for leaving me. Our brave leader, hero of the world, had run off during our day. We had it planed for months: yellow flowers, everyone we knew invited. Even people we did not know of invite, had come.
 
He was scared and nervous, scared and nervous, that is all. I had repeated constantly in my head as I ran after him. I could hear townspeople, new reporters, and people from big name magazines whispering about this tragedy as I left the church.
 
I knew where he would go. To his haven, Aeris' church, and that is where I found him, hunched over, looking at his reflection, buttoner in hand.
 
We where both scared of this commitment, it was to be another adventure in our life. One I knew we would overcome. I cleared my throat, starling him, for he looked at me like he had just been caught with his hands in the cookie jar. I simply smiled, and walked over to him and sat down on the pew he had recently occupied. I could feel him looking at me with his sky blue eyes as I patted the area next to me, welcoming his company.
 
Cloud hesitated a few seconds before sitting down; hands in his lap, head cast down. We sat together for a few minutes, the only sounds penetrating the silence was the birds chirping in the rafters. I turned my head to look at him, the smile that had disappeared, resurfaced. I pulled the gloves off my hand and brought them to rest on his. He looked up at me, like a child that had expected yelling, but only received a warm smile.
 
I brought one of my hands up to his face, cupping his cheek in my palm. He returned the smile, and brought both hands to my face. I blushed as he pressed his lips to mine tenderly, before deepening to kiss.
 
I heard the old church door creak as it was pushed open a little more, followed by the shuffling of feet.
 
“Ew! Look their making kissie face!” Both Cloud and I chuckled hearing Yuffie's comment, which was followed by a chorus of `ew gross!' from Marlene, Denzel and a few other orphans. I heard Cid ushering everyone out, telling them to leave the two lovebirds alone.
 
Maybe we will be alright, we have each other. I smiled at the thought, just like old times.
 
Cloud pulled away, a slight blush on his cheeks, “ Hey, Tif. I have a question.”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“How did you get here?”
 
I smiled, brushing a stand of hair behind my ear, “I ran.”
 
He stared at me, before that genuine smile returned. Standing up, he offered me his hand. I slipped my gloves back on, and put my hand in his. He pulled lightly, helping me stand up. I kissing him again and went to pass him, when he grabbed my arm. I looked at him questionably, only to have him respond by picking me in his arms and carry me out of the church. Resting my head on his shoulder, I buried my face in the crook of his neck, closing my eyes.
 
I had ascended from this haven, and into a heaven that I never wanted to leave.
 
 
Well, this is my first one shot with FF7, and in general. The original idea was for someone to die. Then, it was for Cloud to look back on his friend ship with Aeris, Zack and Tifa and then look at his future with Tifa.
I settled for their wedding after reading Tifa's case in the Final Fantasy 7 novel: On the way to a Smile. This whole thing is from Tifa's POV, which was easier then third person.
 
The Title was from the Cowboy Bebop song Blue, which is the ending theme on the Last Episode.
 
The ending was hard, I kept changing it, but I settled for Cloud picking Tifa up and carrying her out of the church.
 
Well, that is all. So, review! Cause you know you want to.