Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Paradis ❯ Next Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

By: Rikku Shinra
 
Rating: The same?
 
Title: Next Time.
 
The crowd cheered the left side of the stands going wild as the Edge Chicobos made another goal against the Kalm Cherubs. The referee flipped the score card, putting the Chicobos ahead by three, for a 16-13 win. Mothers and the occasional father, cheered and whistled, congratulating their sons and daughters on a job well done.
 
One, Tifa Lockhart, and her `daughter' Marlene Wallace where no different. Marlene cheered, clapped, jumped, hollered and waved a small chicobo shaped flag in the air excited about the win. As for Tifa, the barmaid took a calmer approach and waited for Marlene to finish before giving Denzel a bear hug and offering ice cream.
 
Denzel smiled, looking around. He wasn't interested in the ice cream so much as one person he didn't see. Finally, he turned to the two, his face bright and hopeful, maybe Cloud went to go get something to drink at the concession stand. “Where's Cloud? Did he see me?”
 
Marlene stopped her effervescent display, finding great interest in the ground. Tifa shifted slightly, Cloud was supposed to come and now she had to deal with the disappointed and angered Denzel. She tried skirting around the subject of Cloud, turning back to ice cream. Marlene cheered up, getting the idea instantly.
 
“Chocolate ice cream! Or even seasalt, Mr. Reno says its good.” Marlene went on about Reno, a ShinRa Turks whom the girl had become friends with since he frequented Seventh Heaven. It was like a second home or at least a home with no Rufus in it.
 
Yet, Denzel heard none of this, his thoughts on the more painful matter of Cloud not showing up. He lied, The boy thought pitifully, his heart felt like it had been ripped out and stabbed. He lied to me! He said he'd be here today, but he isn't. A frown tore threw the sad expression, slowly morphing into a scowl. The violent shaking of his body brought him back to reality and he looked up at Tifa, who was once again smiling at him.
 
“Hey, how about we get you that ice cream. It would make you feel better.” Denzel let out a strangled sigh. He couldn't stay mad at Tifa. It wasn't her fault Cloud didn't come, neither was it Marlene's. Why take it out on them when they had no way of stopping Cloud from doing what he wanted and Marlene's pleading eyes made any heart melt.
 
“Okay,” Denzel gave in. Marlene cheered, and twirled about. “Ice cream sounds good right now.” Tifa wrapped her arm around his shoulder, pulling him close to her as they headed towards the truck, Marlene a few steps ahead of them naming off and describing different types of ice creams. Tifa glanced down, ruffling Denzel's hair.
 
Maybe next time Cloud will come.
 
AN: Whoo...this has been rotting in my school folder for about a week and a half, after about three of my friends read it. Its the 2ND chapter to Paradis, recently titled Ascend, but I thought, with the help from chronic dust bunnies, that maybe I should write more. So here it it. The much anticipated (I don't think its very waited on) 2nd chapter. It changed so much from the rough draft, alot of things got added and taken out. But heh, thats the writing process. So, review if you want to, flame if you need to.
 
Rikku