Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Paradis ❯ A Chocobo's Gift ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rating: K+ still….^^
Warnings: Fuzzyness of the animal type abounds.
 
A Chocobo's Gift.
 
Tifa didn't know when it had started. Days, weeks, months, years ago. She wasn't sure, but Clouds unusually bizarre, it was already odd, this was outrageous; behavior was getting on her nerves. Soon it was a ritual, Cloud would come home, mutter a quick hello before dashing up the stairs, some of the times mowing Denzel or Marlene down before holing himself up in his office. Then the house would quiet down for a few, since the children would leave, leaving Cloud in the sanctuary of his office and Tifa to work threw her anger and vent it on something. Most of the time it was dinner, which ended up being a mess of indistinguishable form and various colors.
 
Only one time had someone else been there to see this, and subsequently said something along the lines of `hes cheating on you.', that red headed turks didn't come to the bar for a few days. That little comment had caused the short rope Tifa hung on to snap and she fell. Hard. She had to get to the bottom of this, or she'd do something drastic. Tifa smiled, Tonight. I'll corner him at dinner. From the door of the kitchen Marlene and Denzel stood, watching Tifa as she went from grumpy to happy. Slowly they backed out, heading to their room and waited for dinner.
 
oOoOoOo
“So Cloud, how was your day?” Tifa chirped. Cloud shrugged and continued to eat. “I'll take that as good.”
 
The children watched silently looking between their guardians. “Is the food good, Cloud?” Tifa was grabbing at straws now. Cloud nodded, shifting slightly, Tifa humhped and started eating glancing every so often at Cloud. The children shook their heads and forked some food and set into eating when Tifa jumped up, pointing at the man that sat across from her at the table.
 
“I saw that Cloud Strife! Don't play dumb with me!” Cloud swallowed his food and looked at her as if he'd just been caught eating the last cookie.
 
“What are you talking about Tifa?” Tifa narrowed her eyes at him. She was not delusional; something was up.
 
“I think we better leave.” Marlene whispered and started to slide out of her seat when Tifa slammed her hand on the table, causing both of the children to jump, Denzel ending up with his diner in his lap.
 
“Sit.” Chairs squeaked on the floor as the two moved back into the seats, arms crossed on the table. Tifa turned her attentions back to Cloud and stood, walking over to him.
 
“Hand it over.”
 
“No…”
 
“Cloud Strife.” Cloud frowned, but held his hand out dropping a tiny ball of fuzz into Tifa's hand. She stared at it, watching the ball uncurl itself, a tiny head of red spikes appearing after a few seconds, the thing, obviously a small animal of some kind, glanced around.
 
“Cloud?” It glanced up at the brown-eyed woman and began to screech Cloud's name over and over again. Tifa shoved it at Cloud, and the room fell silent as it curled back into a ball, content to be with the blond.
 
“What the hell is that thing?”
 
Cloud Shrugged, “Not sure, found it in the chocobo's nest.”
 
Tifa frowned, eyeing Cloud's hair, damned chocobos.
 
 
A/n: I never thought this would be so popular 2029 veiws (when I started writing this, I might have more not, I'm not sure. Hmm…) It makes me happy! Thanks to all you viewers and reviewers!
 
So, the ending changed. I don't like this, but I've been finished with it for about a month or two. So, can anyone guess what Cloud found in his chocobo's nest? Anyone?