Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Populace of Two ❯ Remember to Feel Real ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Populace in Two
 
Summary: Love. That everchanging connection between two people. Who decides who experiences this feeling and with whome? Why must love sometimes make no sense, experienced in-between two unlikely people?
 
Rating: PG-13+
 
Fandom: Final Fantasy VIII
 
Genre: Romance, Drama
 
Warning: Contains Shoujo-Ai
 
 
Chapter One
Remember to Feel Real
 
Life was a quizzical thing.
 
The things it tosses at you to disrupt your daily routine, to change your seemingly definite destiny. It was always such a confusing thing.
 
Quistis Trepe had experienced her fair share of life's little surprises.
 
At a young age, she'd been sent to an orphanage to live. Then she went to Balamb Garden where she became a SeeD, and later a Instructor. After that, life seemed like it would just run it's course. Well, that never happened. Then she lost her intructor's license and went on a world-saving journey with the very people she grew up with in that orphanage.
 
After that, life seemed to have resumed it's usual routine with Quistis returning to her Intructor's position and the people she'd grown to care for drifting back into their own routines.
 
Now, nearly two months after their journe had ended, life was throwing another shock into Quistis' life. This one, however, was much more confusing than the others.
 
All her life, Quistis Trepe had been scene as a very cold woman, almost incapable of showing any kind of emotions. She'd never really been in love, nothing but a slight infratuation with one of her students and now best friends. Of course, that wasn't really love and she probably never would have made any advances on the student.
 
Now, feelings were rising in the instructor's mind, causing a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach and a smile to cross her face whenever the person was around. It was a unfamiliar feeling. It was kind of like how she felt during her crush but also different.
 
It was more... mature.
 
Yet, it was also more wrong.
 
For starters, Balamb Garden frowned upon relationships in-campus. There was no rule against it unless with was between instructor and studetns but the faculty tended to dislike it. Rumors spread fast in Garden and things could quickly escalate.
 
There was only one relationship Quistis had ever seen actually work between two people living in Garden and those were two of her best friends.
 
Squall Leonheart and Rinoa Heartilly were probably one of the happiest couples Quistis had ever seen. They were so happy that she'd successfully forgotten about her former feelings for the male. The way they looked at eachother, spoke to eachother, and all the little things they did when together were...
 
There were no words for the feeling Quistis got when she watched the two.
 
It was love.
 
A strange word. Not something usual in Quistis' vocabulary. It was a rarity for Quistis for ever even think about the akward emotion.
 
However, it seemed to be entering her mind more and more lately. All because of that one person. That person who knew she shouldn't be having feelings for. That person that was possibly the most unlikely person Quistis would ever fall in 'love' with.
 
Quistis leaned back in her seat and gave out a heartfelt sigh. A smile was planted across her lovely features, something very rare to see when she was doing her job.
 
So rare that it prompted one of her students to speak out and ask if she was feeling alright. Quistis simply nodded and told him to get back to his studies.
 
The door to Quistis' classroom suddenly opened and in skipped a familiar sight.
 
Curly brown hair bounced as the younger girl jogged into the room, her short skirt rippling with each step she took. A lovely, free smile planted across her pale face.
 
"Hey, Quisty." The girl said as she stopped in front of Quistis' desk.
 
The instructor sighed as she looked past the girl to the chuckling students behind her, "I told you not to call me that while I'm working, Selphie."
 
The girl glanced behind her at the laughing students and rolled her eyes, "Whatever, Miss Instructor Trepe Ma'am." She chuckled and took the liberty of sitting right ontop of Quistis' desk. "Anyways, the reason I'm here is to tell you that-"
 
"Get back to work." Quistis interuppted her, glaring at the students that had changes their attentions to the two at the front instead of their classwork, "Test tomorrow."
 
The group groaned and Selphie chuckled, "You're so strict."
 
"What were you saying?" Quistis said, leaning back and smiling gently at the girl.
 
"Saying?" Selphie stared at her with a confused look in her pretty, brown eyes. Then it clicked and she smiled once more, "Oh, yeah. Well, we're all having a picnic on the beach tomorrow evening and-"
 
"Who is 'we'"?
 
Selphie rolled her eyes, "Everyone, dummie! Squall, Rinny, Zell, me, you, the cowboy."
 
Quistis nearly laughed at the fact that she referred to Irvine as 'the cowboy.' It had only been a few weeks since the two of them had broken up. They still got along pretty well, aside from the fact that Selphie never said his real name.
 
"You said tomorrow evening?"
 
"Yep." Selphie nodded jovially, "We're bringin a big meal down to the beach and are gonna eat in the sunset. It's been forever since all of us have been together."
 
It had been a long time. Quistis couldn't even remember the last time everyone was together. Squall and Zell out on missions a lot, Irvine had begun his studies to become a official SeeD, Rinoa was always out and about as she had been given permission to live in Garden until Squall was ready to leave and get a real house, and Selphie... well, she was Selphie.
 
"Sure, I'll be there." Quistis said with a toothy grin.
 
"Great!" Selphie said in celebration and jumped off the desk, "Meet in the parking lot tomorrow around six, okay?" Quistis nodded and watched as her energetic fan left the classroom in her usuall up-beat, quick-tempo style.
 
Qusitis leaned back and sighed, a brief smile planted on her face as the girl left. She looked ahead of her to see most of the class staring at her in fascination.
 
Her smile quickly turned to a agitated frowned and she stood, slamming her hand down on her desk as the frown then turned into a demonic smirk.
 
"Pop quiz!" She said and nearly laughed at the class' groans.
 
She took her seat once again after passing out the tests and leaned back in her seat. Her mind quickly drifted back to the girl that had left her classroom just moments ago and of the evening picnic that would take place the next day.
 
Life was a quizzical thing.
 
To Be Continued...
 
 
'Please Read' Ads:
 
Pleasr read 'The Concept of...' It's a FFIX story written by me and any type of critique, suggesitons, or comments are very much wanted.