Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reno's True Love ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Final Fantasy characters…. They are the property of Square Soft and Square Enix…. I do however Kaira, any other character that I create, and the storyline….. Please don’t steal this because I have worked very hard on it.


Author Notes: ~~…~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **…** denotes scene changes; * denotes notes at the bottom of the chapter




Chapter 4


Reno landed back at Healin. He helped Rude with their boss. The three of them made their way back into the building. Reno leaned against the wall as he looked at Rude and their boss.

“So, what are we going to do about Elena and Tseng?” Reno asked as he looked at the floor.

Rufus didn’t look at Reno. He knew that they had to do something to get Elena and Tseng back and hopefully alive.

“There’s nothing we can do for them at the moment,” Rufus whispered as he looked at both Reno and Rude.

Reno turned away from Rufus and Rude. He didn’t want them to see the anger written on his face. He loved Elena as a sister and Tseng like a brother. He would do anything to protect them. Just then, his mind turned to Kaira.

“I’m going for a walk,” Reno said as he walked out of the room.

Rufus and Rude just looked at Reno as he left the room. They both knew where he was going.

“Don’t you dare go to Kaira’s room, Reno,” Rufus said sternly.

Reno just scoffed as he continued to walk down the hall. He hated it when Rufus got under his skin. He couldn’t do anything since he needed the job with the Turks to pay his bills. He walked until he found himself in front of Kaira’s door.

He hesitated in knocking because he was afraid that she wouldn’t want to see him. ‘Quit being such a wuss, Reno. Just knock on the door,’ he thought to himself as he reached out and knocked on her door.

“Kaira,” he called through the door.

**inside the room**

Kaira was so busy looking out the window that she didn’t hear the knock on her bedroom door. She then pulled her eyes away from the window and headed over to the door so she could go and get something to eat. She was surprised when she came face to face with Reno.

“Reno!?” she said excitedly. “When did you get back?”

Reno smiled when he saw her open the door and almost run into him. He reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder to help her regain her stance.

“We just got back a few minutes ago,” he said to her.

Kaira continued to smile up at Reno. She was so happy to see him that she dove right into his arms. She hugged him as tight as she could. She didn’t want to let him go at the moment.

“Please don’t leave me again,” she whispered against his chest.

Reno looked down at her with a worried look. He wrapped his arms around her as he pushed her back into her room.

“Kaira, is something wrong?” he asked her as he gently lifted her head up to look at him.

Kaira looked up at Reno with a small smile. She could tell that he really did care for her but she was afraid of what her father would think of them going together.

“My father isn’t going to like us being together, Reno. He will find a way to keep us apart,” she whispered as she felt Reno walked over to her bed with her in his arms.

Reno sat down on the bed and pulled Kaira into his lap as he continued to hold her tight. He knew that she was right about what her father would do to them.

“I know, Kaira. But I just can’t keep you off of my mind since this morning,” he whispered in her ear.

Kaira pulled away from Reno’s chest and looked up into his eyes. She smiled at him once again. She couldn’t believe how much she loved his eyes. She could definitely get lost in them just like she was doing at that moment.

“And you have been on my mind as well,” she said as she got off his lap and stood in front of him. “So how about that dinner you owe me since you brought my dad back in one piece?”

Reno smiled up at Kaira. He soon got to his feet and took her hand in his. He once again pulled her to him and leaned down and kissed her ear.

“I told you I would, Kaira,” he whispered in her ear.

Kaira started to feel the heat rise where Reno’s lips had touched her neck. She pulled away from him slightly and looked up into his eyes.

“Good. Because I am starving,” she said as she pulled him towards the door of her room.

Reno grinned as he let Kaira pull him out of her room. They walked down the hall. Once Reno and Kaira were walking down the hall, Kaira turned and looked up at the man beside her. She couldn’t help but smile at him.

“Why are you with me, Reno?” she asked out of the blue.

Reno stopped walking which in turn caused Kaira to stop walking as well. He looked down at her and stared into her bi-colored eyes.

“Why did you ask me that, Kaira?” he asked her.

Kaira looked away from Reno as she tried to gather her thoughts before she answered him. She wasn’t expecting him to answer her with a question of his own. When she had her thoughts all in order or so she thought, she looked back up into Reno’s sea green eyes.

“It is just that I have been hurt in the past, Reno. No one really knows what I went through after my dad left me and my mother when I was five,” she said just above a whisper.

Reno pulled Kaira to him and held her close to his hard body. He felt Kaira go stiff at first and then relax into his embrace.

“Then maybe you can tell me later about what you have been through after your father left you and your mother,” he whispered in her ear. “Now let’s go and get something to eat before I have to get back to work.”

Kaira slowly nodded her head as she let him drag her down the long hall towards the cafeteria. She kept her arms tightly wrapped around his abdomen. She felt so safe that she never wanted to leave his side. But she knew that she would have to sooner or later or her father would do it for her. She then looked up at Reno with sad eyes.

“What would you do if my father separated us?” she asked him out of the blue.

Reno looked down at Kaira with a shocked look on his face. He really didn’t want to answer that question but he could see it in her eyes that she really wanted to know the answer to the question she had just asked. Reno sighed slightly as he pulled Kaira over to a bench and sat down with her in his lap.

“I would go crazy, Kaira. I would probably drive everyone, including Rude, up a wall,” he said to her as tears started to form in his aquamarine eyes. “I would also make your father tell me where he sent you just so that I could be near you.”

Kaira slowly nodded her head as she laid it on Reno’s shoulder. At the moment, she was just content being held in his arms. Kaira then moved her head so that she could look up at Reno’s face. She quickly picked her head up when she noticed that he had tears in his beautiful eyes.

“What’s wrong, Reno?” she asked in a worried tone.

Reno smiled down at Kaira as best as he could. He couldn’t tell her what he was literally thinking about doing to her father if he separated them.

“I was just thinking of how beautiful you truly are,” he said instead to her.

Kaira blushed slightly at hearing Reno tell her that she was beautiful. She had never been told that before other than when she was younger by her father right before he left them. She smiled as she laid her head back down on his shoulder.

“You truly think that I am beautiful, Reno?” she asked him quietly.

Reno smiled as he tightly held Kaira in his arms. He didn’t want to let her go at the moment. She felt so natural in his arms.

“Yes I do,” he whispered back to her. “You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.”

Kaira’s blush got even deeper when she heard Reno say that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She cuddled even closer to his chest. She didn’t care if her father went by and saw them.

Kaira pulled away from Reno once more. She then got off of his lap and smiled down at him. She really needed to get something to eat before she starved to death.

“Come on. Let’s go and get something to eat,” she said as she held out her petit hand to him.

Reno looked up at her and smiled as he gently took her small hand in his large one. He finally got to his feet and the two of them walked down the hallway once more towards the cafeteria.

“Then we had better get you something to eat then. I don’t need you withering away on me,” he said with a small laugh.

Kaira giggled as she leaned into Reno’s side as they walked. They were really close to the cafeteria when her stomach growled loudly causing her to blush slightly. Reno looked down at her just as they reached the cafeteria and smiled even more.

“Hungry, are we?” he asked with a small chuckle.

Kaira nodded her head as they both walked into the cafeteria. She kept herself firmly planted to Reno’s side. She felt Reno steer her over to where the trays were at. She watched as Reno picked up one tray for the two of them. She then walked with him down the serving line so they both could pick stuff out for them to eat. Once they had their food, Reno paid for it and they both went over to a table and sat down and ate.

Kaira kept her eyes on the food in front of her. She sighed slightly as she picked up her fork and started playing with her food. She picked up piece of chicken on her fork and ate it. She gently chewed the piece of meat as she looked up at Reno and smiled at him.

Reno was able to see that there was something bothering Kaira. He gently reached over and grabbed her hand in his. He then rubbed the back of her small hand with his thumb to try and reassure her that everything would be okay.

“What’s bothering you, Kai?” he asked her.

Kaira tried to look away from Reno but she couldn’t take her eyes off of him. She sighed slightly as she placed her fork back on the table.

“I just can’t get something out of my head,” she said quietly.

Reno continued to look at Kaira. He needed to know what she was talking about in order to help her. He then released her hand and lightly touched her cheek.

“Why don’t you tell me so that I can help?” he offered.

Kaira smiled once more as she nodded her head. She took a deep breath as she prepared to tell Reno what was bothering her.

“It happened a couple of years ago right before Cloud found me in the alleyway. I was almost raped by someone with deep green eyes,” she whispered quietly as she looked back down at her plate. “I am afraid that I am going to be seeing those same eyes here again soon.”

Reno just looked at the woman before him. He couldn’t believe what she had told him. There was no way that he was going to let anyone take her from him. He then got up and walked over to her and knelt beside her chair. He gently pulled her to him and held her against his chest.

“I will protect you with my life, Kaira,” he whispered into her hair. “I will never let anything happen to you again. I have been wanting to protect you from harm ever since I saw you in Hojo’s lab when he had you locked up in there.”

Kaira pulled away from Reno and looked at him with a shocked look in her eyes. She didn’t think that he would remember seeing her when she was locked away by Hojo.

“Really?” she asked him.

Reno nodded his head at her. He had kept it to himself about her being there.

“Dead serious, Kaira. It broke my heart when I saw the condition that you were in back then. It would have killed your father as well if he knew,” he said quietly.

Kaira hugged Reno as tight as she could. She was grateful for him not telling her father.

“He is going to need to know sooner or later,” she whispered back to him.

“Then we will worry about that when the time comes,” Reno said back to her as he got to his feet and pulled her from her chair. “Let’s go for a walk before you head off to bed.”

Kaira nodded her head as she let Reno lead her out of the building. It had been quite awhile since she had been outside. She laid her head on Reno’s shoulder and smiled.

“Thank you, Reno,” she said quietly.

“You’re welcome, Kai,” he said as they both walked away from the main building.