Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ semper fi ❯ Disclaimer ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers, author forewards, and other things....


Let's start with the disclaimer first. Contrary to popular belief (Ha.), I do not own the characters involved in this story, am in no way affiliated with Square or Squaresoft, and I never *will* own these characters or be affiliated with Square or Squaresoft. So don't sue. Honestly, all you'll get is my geometry book, and I'll be more than happy to fork that over. n_n;;

And I know I've been all but dead for the past two months, but school, polo practice, a reformatting of the computer that went wrong 20 different ways, and me being sick and having writer's block is kind of a deterrent to my grooooove. Forgive me. ^_^

Onto the more personal disclaimer...this story is not, I repeat, not, and never was intended to be, Yuna-bashing. Try to look beyond the base silliness of the idea of this story; I'll always do my best never to write this fic so poorly that people will say, 'oh, it's that Yuna-goes-crazy fic.' It isn't about Yuna "going crazy," per se - it's about the emotional and, temporarily, psychological damage that the pilgrimage and Tidus' departure incurs on her. The idea came when I thought long and hard about two things: how to make a Yunis story that wasn't a "Ooh, lookie, Tidus is back!" continuation and wasn't a mid-game story; that and what the short-term psychological effects of such a traumatic pilgrimage must've been. I also got around to watching some History Channel specials on the soldiers of WWI/II and I think I got a little of the idea from the aftermath that *they* suffered. Or something. I'm not quite sure. Semper is different from my other fics, though, in that the chapters will be consistently short. No 6000-word chapters here, no sir. That also means I'm prone to update more often.

My reasons for these odd requirements were rather simple: I've already got a continuation going with DCT and I want to keep the Tidus-resurrection-stories down to one...hehe. I don't want to do a mid-game fic because I've already got a Final Fantasy X retelling on the back burner and until that's well in place, I don't want things conflicting...

Anyway, there is absolutely no offense intended to anyone who suffers from or has acquaintances or loved ones who suffer from mental illness. My beloved big brother just this past year or so was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, and he's currently getting it well under control...after some icky episodes. So yeah, I have a little idea of what it's like, and frankly, it really, really sucks. ;_; Just wanted to make it clear that this fic is in no way some kind of bash on people with mental illnesses. Yeah, I know, it's a tender subject with those who know it firsthand...and I'm sorry for that. But I am commanded by my muse, so...what must come out must come out. I hope you'll understand. Additionally, please don't interpret this as the way someone might actually act upon the death of one so close to them -- I'm taking a little...artistic license here, so to speak.

Also, there is nothing in this fic that should be interpreted as shoujo-ai...this is fully and completely and solely and totally a Yuna/Tidus fic with just a dash of Lulu/Wakka thrown in. Ustedes comprenden? :D I just don't want people to get the wrong image, which can easily be done in some spots.

But last and certainly not least, this fic is a birthday gift for Fire Rules and Noelle (uh, strange content notwithstanding I suppose :P), so let's wish 'em both a great big Happy Birthday! ^_^ Fire Rules' birthday ish on the 22nd, and Noelle's on the 23rd. Right next to each other! Yesh, Noelle, I know you didn't want anything for your birthday, but too bad! :D Shaddeh give presents anyway.

Well, I think that's about it...don't forget to pay your respects to the birthday people now. ^^

On with the story.

~Th' Lady Shadow -- September 2002