Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tears Unshed ❯ Tears Unshed: The Third Coming ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: You already know. Tears Unshed: The Third Coming By: ZellyBaby

Zell walked back into his room, and lay down on his bed, propping his self on his elbows he moved his pillow from overtop the two items that were concealed under it.
"Damn, I want to more than anything now."
He ran his hand over the large item.
"That was the first time we had talked in a while, me and Quisty that is."
He placed his pillow back in its place after moving the two items.
"Ever since she turned me down, we stopped talking. She didn't even give me chance, she pre judged me."
Getting up, he walked over to his unopened window, and opened it.
"Some people call me a space cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, some people call me Maurice… "
Zell chuckled to himself as he sung the beginning of a favorite song of his.
"Cause I speak of the pompitous of love. People talk about me, baby. Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong. Well, don't you worry baby. Don't worry. Cause I'm right here, right here, right here, right here at home."
Zell turned to see Quistis standing in his door way. Confused he blushed, but then his surprise and confusion turned to anger.
"What the hell are you doing here, get out of my room?!"
Zell walked toward her, she backed up, out of the doorway, before she could say anything he slammed the door close and locked it. Banging on the door Quistis said.
"Zell, let me in, please, I just want to talk!"
A tear of realization ran down his cheek. He slowly unlocked the door.
"Quis…"
Quistis fell into him, he caught her, she quickly tore from him, dusting herself off.
"Zell, what the hell is wrong with you?"
She quickly turned and closed the door, locking it.
"You wouldn't understand, now please leave."
Even though he said so, he didn't want her to leave, all he wanted to do was cry, realizing that there were some tears on his cheeks he quickly wiped them away.
"Please tell me Zell."
She reached for him, he pulled away.
"…"
Zell walked back over to the window.
"I doesn't matter whether I understand or not, you should still tell me, trust me, it helps."
He stared out into the night; his eyes were full of tears.
"Please go away Quisty."
"No, hell no. You're going to tell me what's wrong with you."
More tears ran down Zell's cheeks.
"Trabia."
Confusion filled Quistis's eyes.
"You're still stressing over that, goddammit Zell, get the hell over that."
Zell turned from the window and faced Quistis.
"I knew you wouldn't understand, what did I tell you?! You just don't get it do you? All those innocent lives, all of Selphie's friends, and its all my fault, and you know that it is!"
Quistis was at a loss of words.
"See, you cant even think of anything to say to me, cause you know the truth! Now will you leave me alone?!"
Quistis just stared, wide eyed; she still could find nothing to say. Her gift of Gab had failed her.
"Zell…"
Words would still not come, she just trailed off.
"Oh, what's this? The wonder, the master of word, cant find anything to say to a low life like me?"
More tears fell from Zell's eyes.
"I told you what was wrong, now will you leave me the hell alone?"
Quistis had to suppress the urge to fall into his arms and cry.
"…Zell, you know that you have been forgiven for that."
"Even if I have been, it still does not erase the guilt! I know that deep inside Selphie still hates me for that, she hates my goddamn guts! I shall never be forgiven…"
Quistis knew it had to be more than that…it was Zell, there must be more to it…
"Zell, please, if there is anything else wrong, tell me, this doesn't seem like you…"
Zell turned toward her.
"I should have known, you're Quistis, of course you would see through it…even though I do still feel a lot of guilt about Trabia, I do know that Selphie has forgiven me, also you don't understand, it is very hard to let go…but still, that isn't what's wrong…"
Fear overcame Quistis; Zell was so calm, yet his eyes were streaming with tears.
"Then…what is wrong?"
Quistis stuttered, Zell could see her fear, but continued to ignore it.
"You all, you, Squall, Irvine, and Selphie. That is what is wrong."
"Wha…"
Silencing her Zell continued.
"Our little orphanage gang, minus Seifer, Rajin, and Fujin. That is what is wrong. You all hate me, you only speak with or get near me to make fun of me. You may not make fun of me, but I know that you think I'm stupid, a complete idiot. Squall and Irvine, they're always putting me down because I don't have a girlfriend, and they make me the subject of every joke, and Selphie, sadly, even she makes fun of me."
A few tears escaped Quistis's eyes, seeing this, Zell calmly wiped them away with his own, ungloved, hand.
"Do not cry Quisty, you will mess up your beautiful face. I try not to hold it against you all, but I cannot help it, I ignored it for the longest time, but after awhile it got old, dear Hyne did it get old."
Quistis was at a loss of words once again.
"Gods, you are beautiful Quisty, and when I asked you out, I was head over heals in love with you, though I still find you beautiful, the old feeling has left me. After being turned down for the millionth time from a female, I just gave up, gave up love, gave up everything. After you turned me down completely, it became the subject of most of Squall and Irvine's jokes about me. It would always hurt so much…"
All the guilt and realization hit Quistis in one large boom, she began to sob uncontrollably. Taking Quistis in his arms he said.
"Please do not cry, I'm nothing to cry over."
Still holding Quistis in his arms, Zell slowly walked over to his door, and opened it.

-----

Zell returned to his room, he had taken Quistis to her own room and told her to go to sleep, she was reluctant, but the fear still lingered in her, so she did not resist.
"Now, time to do what I should have done a long, long time ago."