Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thank Goodness for Reality! ❯ Girl Talk! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
IMPORTANT Stuff: Squaresoft owns Final Fantasy VII. AU story with some OOC-ness...

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Thank Goodness for Reality!

written by K-chan

Episode Three: Girl Talk!


An hour late to her rendevouz with her new friend, Aeris kept apologizing to the blonde as they sat down at the local cafe for lunch. She hadn't expected for Yuffie to end up bawling in her arms about how her poor dad would be lonely if she moved away. But luckily, the girl exhausted herself from the crying and fell asleep on the couch. Not having the heart to wake her up, Aeris grabbed a blanket from her room and placed it gently over the girl.


<< ELENA SHINRA: Daughter of one of the wealthiest banker on the Planet, but is rather humble of herself compared to the men in her family. She is also a freshman at Midgar U. and in a few of the same classes with Aeris--but completely different majors. >>


Thankfully, Elena understood her predicament and only made the lunch Aeris's treat. The brunette giggled, and they ordered a light lunch because apparently the blonde had invited her friend for a big dinner that night. "Are you really sure, Elena?" she asked, "I mean, with your family and all... I feel so plain..."

She giggled, "Don't worry about it! You're a nice girl, Aeris. And I'm sure my father will appreciate someone as kind and considerate as you are." Then she frowned, recalling her so-called friends back in high school, who just sucked up to her because she was rich. "And it's hard these days to have good, honest friends."

"Okay," she smiled, "Anything for a friend." Their orders finally arrived, and Elena had to move her things aside for the waiter to set their meals in front of them. That was when Aeris noted a magazine folded in half that was put to the side and picked it up to read it. Her face flushed red when she saw a bare chested photo of a familiar silver-haired guy on the page.

Elena smirked, "Hot, isn't he?" Aeris closed the magazine, sticking her tongue out at her friend, and that only made Elena laugh. "It surprised me that he was your brother! But really, is he the cold, silent type they say he is in the magazine?"

"Of course not," she said, holding a fork in her hand like she was scolding a child with it. "He's annoying, because he won't let ME get a job. Plus he teases me and babies me like there's no tomorrow. Nope, just quite the opposite." She jammed her fork into the side salad of her meal.

"Well you're lucky," Elena told her. "I wish my brother treated me like that, at least let me know that he cares."

"I'm sure he does. What brother doesn't worry over his little sister--I mean, not every guy is the same, right?"

"True, but he can be such a jerk sometimes. Oh yeah, and he's still single." Aeris's hand stopped in midair as she blinked. Elena had this glint in her blue eyes as she watched her friend's reaction and smiled. "As handsome, smart, and rich he is, he still doesn't have a decent person by his side... like me. It's hard for us to find that one person who isn't with us for our money..." She looked towards the sky and sighed dreamily. It was a gentle expression like she was thinking of someone.

Aeris giggled, having an idea what she was thinking. She leaned against the back of her hand and asked, "So who's the guy you have an eye for? And don't you dare deny it."

She sat back, a bit flustered. "Umm well, he works for my father... but I don't even think he notices me." She sighed sadly.

"Don't give up, Elena!" she insisted. "He works for your father, right? So how can he NOT know who you are? You just need to make him see YOU. Let him know you're interested in him."

She raised an eyebrow at Aeris's advice and then smiled. "Yeah, you're right," she nodded, "but he's that mysterious type. I don't hear much about him, except 'he's a hard worker and a fine, young man' from father."

Aeris blinked, "Uuh, well... I don't know much about guys anyway." And she frowned, perching her head glumly in her hands. "I never dated because of Sephy's reputation... I mean, with him watching over me like a hawk, no guy even dared BLINK in my direction."

"Gee, some overprotective brother he is... Makes me see him in a whole new light." She chuckled, "But he still looks good. And you tell me, he hates his job?" Aeris nodded. "Aah, I feel sorry for hopeless girls if he quits his modeling job now. What a shame."


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

KYAAKAKYA!!! I'm so totally insane!!!! Well after working on the mushy RoT, I had to do something sillie and totally out of whack, ne? And why not this story?! Kyakaaka!! Sorrie, it's short, but it was like a little break.

Oh well, it might be another AeRuf, which I don't have a problem with. Hehee. Originally, I didn't plan to have Elena be a Shinra, but I couldn't think of a surname for her, so I was like 'what the hell! give RuRu a little sis around Aeris's age, so he could fall for his sis's best friend kinda thing!' No CloRis here 'cause I already have a CloRis story planned out. For competition for Aeris's affections, it'll be between Rufus against either Zack or Reno... And oddly, Hojo IS Aeris's and Sephiroth's dad... And umm, remember 'Uncle G'? That's Gast right there! =^.^;=