Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thank Goodness for Reality! ❯ Unexpected Encounter! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
IMPORTANT Stuff: Squaresoft owns Final Fantasy VII . I'm totally on a roll here, ne?

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Thank Goodness for Reality!

written by K-chan

Episode Five: Unexpected Encounter!


Aeris sat uncomfortably in the backseat with Elena next to her as the car drove for huge mansion up on the hill. She tugged at the hem of her dress, getting all jittery at the soon-to-be encounter with the wealthiest man on the face of the Planet. Elena glanced at her friend and grinned, pressing a button for the sunroof to pull back to get some fresh air.

"Thanks," the brunette sighed.

Elena giggled, "Don't worry. My father may seem a bit intimidating, but he won't bite. You'll get used to him when you come over more often."

"More often?!" she gasped, wide-eyed--which only made Elena clutch her stomache in aching laughter and fall back into her seat. "Okay okay, you can stop laughing now," she said, poking her friend on the arm. "But you're coming to my father's birthday party now. It's only fair."

"Of course!" She did her best to stifle her giggles as the car pulled up to the winding drivewary that wound around the water fountain in the front. Aeris's green eyes were about to pop out of her head if Elena hadn't pulled her by the shoulder to tell her they were getting out of the car now. Still, Aeris was very impressed with the place. The mansion was probably five times the size of her own house, making it look more like a doghouse than anything else.

Elena noticed an unfamiliar dark-blue car parked to the side and said, "I wonder who owns that car."

"It's nice," Aeris remarked, "A newer model than my brother's." They made it to the front door, and Elena pushed it opened and stepped in, with a shy Aeris following behind. She was speechless at the decorative interior of the house, so elegant and refined--nothing like what her mother did to their home, but then again, her mother had strange tastes sometimes.

A maid came out to greet them, taking their coats from them, and informed the blonde that the man of the house was with a guest in the study and that dinner would be ready soon. Elena took a still nervous Aeris down the hallway, but they heard footsteps coming from above down the stairway. They looked up and saw a smiling, handsome man all dressed in white.


<< RUFUS SHINRA: Heir to the Shinra fortune, Elena's brother and according to her, a playboy. A very handsome, young man with keen mind for business, but he is rather arrogant because of his status. Like the others, he is at Midgar U., continuing his studies with business management and such. >>


Rufus looked at Aeris curiously, who averted her eyes elsewhere, rubbing her arm nervously. There was something in his blue eyes that made her shiver. His grin widened when she avoided eye contact, and he came down the stairs to them. "And who is your beautiful friend, Elena?" he asked.

His sister rolled her eyes, "This is Aeris Hojo." In turn, she introduced Aeris to him, "And my brother, Rufus."

"Aeris..." he said her name softly to test its pleasant sound. "Very lovely name."

"Umm, thank you," she said quietly. She peered up at him and saw that he was still looking at her with eager eyes. She blushed madly, wishing he would stop staring at her and making her feel ever uncomfortable.

Elena noticed this and punched Rufus on the arm, "Quit staring, playboy! Must you do that to every single one of my friends?!" She turned to Aeris and pulled her along, "Don't let his charms get to you. C'mon, I'll show you around the place." Rufus rubbed his aching arm as he frowned at his sister's and Aeris's departing figures.


"Really! I wish he wasn't home!" Elena continued, "He is such a jerk! I mean, he charms all of my friends and make them go crazy over him! And when they least expect it, he crushes their hearts. Just don't fall for his tricks, Aeris." Elena looked at her friend seriously. "I was joking during lunch about saying he was single. You're a nice girl and deserve better than him."

Aeris giggled, which surprised the blonde, "Oh Elena! Just because of the way he looked at me or the way smiled, I would fall head over heels for him?! I have to say he is handsome, but there's more to that I'm looking for. Plus, if Sephy finds out, I'm more than dead."

Elena laughed, "That's right. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I just don't want to lose a good friend."

The brunette crinkle her nose and punched her lightly on the arm, "It's gonna be difficult getting rid of me!" She hooked her arms with Elena and said, "Now how about showing me around." Elena nodded, smiling brightly.

Rufus stepped out into the clear hallway, having heard the conversation that greatly intrigued him. He snorted at what his sister said and didn't care about her, but what Aeris said just added to the challenge of winning her admiration. At the moment when he saw her, her pure aura nearly blinded him. Not really her aura, but the way her presence just drew him to her. But no, he would not let this girl have such a hold on him. SHE would be the one to succumb to him.

He smiled and followed their trail.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Elena took Aeris through most of the first floor, and they were coming upon the study room when the doors opened, and out came her father and the other guest. Aeris noticed her friend had practically turned to stone as the men came near them and quickly prodded her on the back.


<< PRESIDENT SHINRA: The wealthiest man on the Planet, owning a series of business ranging from shipping companies and banks to restaurants and department stores. His wife passed away a few years back, but he still has his son and daughter.>>


"He-hello, father," Elena finally spoke. "And Tse-eng..."


<< TSENG LI: He is employed by Shinra. A hard worker, although very mysterious to Elena, who obviously has a crush on him. He doesn't seem interest in anything, but... >>


"And this must be your friend, Elena," Shinra asked, taking Aeris's hand, and kissed it like a gentleman. Aeris blushed at being treated so well and like a lady for once.

"How do you do, sir? My name is Aeris Hojo," she said politely with a nod.

"Hojo, you say?" he asked curiously, "Is your father or uncle a doctor by any chance?"

"Yes, my father is. He works at the Wall Street Clinic."

The man chuckled, "Haha, what a small world this is. I know your father. He's a good man. I believe he is having a birthday party next week."

She felt so at ease carrying on the conversation with this man, not only did he know her father, but he was just like any other person despite his wealthy, influential status. "Yes, I hope to see you then too."

"I will certainly be there! Now come along for dinner!" he continued to laugh, gesturing them towards the dining room. Aeris walked side by side with him as they chatted about her family and schooling while Elena had become very quiet trailing beside a silent Tseng.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Hehee, how's the AeRuf in this? It's not much right now, but I'll do more later. I guess I was just in the mood to work on this... just to get my mind off my missing ring... *sigh* It was my favorite... Anyway, I think that's it for this week, or I might go work on RoT. Oh yeah, I couldn't come up with anything else for Tseng's surnam either... "Li" seems to be a popular Chinese name, ne? And Tseng seems Chinese anyway... Aah, I'm sorrie if that was offensive to anyone. =O.o=