Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thank Goodness for Reality! ❯ To Date or Not to Date?! ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
IMPORTANT Stuff: Squaresoft owns Final Fantasy VII . And Zack's a looney monkey! *sweatdrop*
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Thank Goodness for Reality!

written by K-chan

Episode Seven: To Date or Not to Date?!


Almost midnight, Sephiroth unlocked the apartment door, sighing as he went in. Luckily, the lamp by the couch was left on for him, so he knew Aeris was finally home. He just plopped on the couch and rested his head, trying to push the night from his mind. That was when Aeris came out, yawning, "Big brother, you're finally home." He opened one eye lazily and glanced at her.

"So, how was dinner at the Shinras?" he asked as she sat down next to him. She even leaned against him like he was her pillow.

"The usual: eating," she answered. "Mr. Shinra is very nice, and it turns out he knows father. I also met Tseng Li, an employee of his... and... umm, Elena's brother too."

"That Rufus guy, huh?"

"You know him?"

"He's in some of my classes. I don't like that guy." She remained silent, thinking about the incident between her and Rufus, and decided she wouldn't tell her brother about it since it might throw Sephiroth on an insane rampage against the helpless, rich boy. "Try to stay away from him, Aeris."

"No problem. I don't plan to see any of the Shinras, except for Elena, for some time, but Mr. Shinra is coming to father's party." She yawned again, but instead of following Sephiroth's order and get to bed, she asked him, "Where were you all night?"

"With Zack and the others. The usual guy stuff, but with Zack like a crazy monkey." She giggled. "Now get to bed."

"Okay, you big meanie!" She punched him on the arm and then returned to her room, closing the door. Sephiroth remained on the couch that night, thinking he would get up a few minutes later for bed, but he stayed there till the next morning, all sprawled out with his arm and leg draped on the side to the floor. Not to mention he was snoring up a storm that forced a sleepy Aeris to investigate the sound. She shook her head and went straight to the bathroom to freshen up.

Minutes later, Aeris came out into the living room with a blanket in hand and covered her brother with it, tucking his hanging limbs beneath it for warmth. She then went into the kitchen searching for something to eat, but like Sephiroth from the previous night, found nothing suitable for a healthy meal. Looking at the clock, she had to hurry and get dressed. She had an appointment with Elena to meet her at the library for a research paper.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

That afternoon, a red sports car turned dangerously into a parking lot with music blasting in the air. The driver stepped out of the car and looked up at the sign the of the building that read, 'Reeve Library'. He smiled and took off his shades to reveal a happy Rufus. The passenger door opened, and a red head stepped out, stretching his arms into the air.


<< RENO ?????: Can we just THINK he HAS a surname?! But it's not as important as his wonderful title as Midgar U.'s infamous player--more than Rufus will ever be, but they are good friends--getting around a lot, so it's been rumored. Usually a slacker, and flirts as bad as Zack and usually anything with breasts, even the chicken on his dinner plate. *LOL* (Sorrie, Reno fans, but you know I love him too!) >>


"And we're here at the library... WHY?!" Reno asked in disbelief.

"Just a little stopover," Rufus stated, heading for the entrance with Reno behind him. They entered the building that was practically empty of life, but it was a Sunday after all, so students were usually sleeping in late after a night of partying. The pair went directly to the front desk, and Rufus leaned over the counter, smiling at the young woman behind the desk, "Have you seen two girls come in today?"

She stared blankly at the blonde and then looked at Reno, who was smiling at her and winked. She blushed and stuttered, "Y-yes... on th-the second floor..." Rufus glanced at Reno and shook his head. He head to the stairway while Reno blew her kiss before he followed. She watched them carefully until they disappeared up to the next floor and then jumped out of her seat gleefully at having Reno take notice of her.

Reno chuckled at the natural response from downstairs and stopped next to Rufus as the blonde scanned the second floor. He saw a few people to the left side, but he didn't spot who he wanted to see. The floor was large and filled with tall shelves, so he had to look around. Reno followed curiously, "So, what's so special about this Aeris girl that's gettin' you all worked up?"

"When you see her, you'll know," was his only response. He passed several shelves until he saw a group of tables ahead, and he smiled when he saw the two familiar girls immersed in the books. He stood where he was for a moment and studied the brunette attentively, noting every detail of her lovely face, from her radiant eyes to her cute smile.

Reno wasn't paying attention and accidently bumped into Rufus, "Hey, why ja stop? Did ja find her yet?" The girls heard the voices and looked up as the young men walked over to them. Elena frowned while Aeris looked uneasy at seeing Rufus again.

"What do you want, Rufus?" Elena demanded.

"I would like a few words with Aeris, that's all," he answered, looking at the girl, "It won't take long." Elena glance at her friend worriedly, but Aeris nodded in reply. She stood up and followed Rufus to a secluded area, leaving Reno to smile haughtily as he sat down next to Elena.

"Heh heh, how's it goin', babe?" Elena gave him a disgusted expression and then poured herself into a book. "Oh c'mon, Elie, don't be so heartless," he teased, putting an arm on the back of her chair, and leaned close to her. "Your brother's got the hots for your cutie friend... so how about you and me get together after they get things patched up? We can make it a double date." She slammed the book shut in irritation and glared at him.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Meanwhile, Aeris stood with her back against the wall, staring at the floor, and waited for Rufus to say whatever he wanted to say. When she looked up, their eyes locked, and nothing was said between them as he moved closer to her. Alert, she propped herself on her feet and prepared to leave if it went too far. He noticed her uneasiness, so he backed off, "I just want to apologize for my rude behaviors last night... It was just my natural reaction when I meet a pretty girl like you."

She looked away, frowning slightly, "An 'I'm sorry' would do fine. You didn't have to dress it up." She closed her eyes and sighed, relieved as if something just lifted from her shoulders. She looked at him and smiled, "Don't worry, I don't have hard feelings against anyone."

He chuckled, "That's good."

"If that's it, I should get back to work then." She was about to walk off when he called her back.

"I still feel bad about it, so... I was hoping I could take you out to dinner one evening... Is that all right with you?"

"Dinner?" she repeated, staring at him wide-eyed, "You mean, like a 'date'??" He couldn't help but smile at the precious look on her face, so adorable and innocent. He nodded, and she looked away, unsure of what to say. It had been such a long time since any guy had asked her out, but this time, Sephiroth was no where in sight because he was normally the one to give her answer as a threat to any of her admirers. "Umm... well, I... I have to think about it..."

"That's fine," he said, reaching into his coat pocket, and pulled at a little card. He gave it to her, "Just give me a call." She held the card in her hand, staring at it like it was the most sought out treasure in the world.

Rufus smiled to himself, and with hands in his pocket, he left her standing alone, having completed his purpose for being there. When he came back to Reno, he found the red head caressing his red cheek, but his sister was no where in sight. Reno stood up when he saw Rufus, "Man, your sis gives a mean punch."

The blonde laughed and put an arm over his friend's shoulder in consolation, "I forgot to mention, Elena took self-defense classes since she was fifteen."

"Could've warned me sooner."

Rufus shrugged, "Just makes it more interesting."

"I think she dislocated my jaw... Ouwe..."

"C'mon, I'll take you to the doctor."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Okay, everyone. There's your Reno!!! Haha. Geeze, do I pick on him a lot or what?!! Heh, well I do need the comedy right now... (I'm feeling down at the moment with what a friend is going through... and I can't do much to help...)

But really, this story won't be a CloRis... they hardly know each other. It's mostly an AeRuf and ZacRis (just to make it up for the RoT storyline). Hee, the next episode will be VERY funnie... I've got the scene in my head, just gotta write everything up to that point. Just two names: Sephiroth and Zack. Seriously though, I'm surprised Sephy hasn't gone insane BECAUSE of being around Zack so much. o>-<o