Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Guide to Surviving the Planet ❯ Your Inner Potential ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Welcome back and here we start lesson 2: Finding your inner and outer place. For those of you who have been pondering what that means let me inform you. To find your inner place is to know your own strengths and weakness’. Knowing what you are good at and knowing that you enjoy it. While your outer place is you in life showing and projecting the role you play. Be it battle or not. In simple terms this means if you have no back-bone, spine, self-confidence, self-esteem, or have lost the will to live, get the hell out. No one wants to work with you if your feelings and ego are crappy. Believe me, after I saw Reeve running out crying after Rude stepped on his foot you just know. Of course if you have a very big superiority complex like SOME silver haired, green eyed, spite writing author’s, who may I remind you had no job, is living in the old abandoned ware house on 94th street because even his grandmother rejected him, people will most likely want to form an angry mob and kill you.

Now the reason I brought up all of that physiological nonsense is because, depending on what suites you best, you may already have a weapon in mind. You must always be able to defend yourself. The following are starting weapons that you can choose from and their descriptions showing you what kind of fighter you can consider yourself:

1.Buster Blade: Ever dream of swinging a very large blade around like nothing and slaying your enemies with it? Well, this is the weapon for you. I started with this weapon years ago and look where I am now. It only cost 1000 gil and is a pretty good all-around weapon. This will enable you to become classified as one of the “Swordsman” class. Those who reign in this field will have, in time, incredible attack power, a pretty nice defense and average materia dealing spells. They work best on the front line. I will explain this later.

Other swords available: Hardedge, Mythril Saber, Force Stealer, Butterfly edge, Rune Blade, Yoshiyuki, Mursame, Nail bat, Organics, Enhance sword, Crystal Sword, Apocalypse, Ragnarok, and Ultima Weapon.

2.Guard Stick: Fancy yourself to be more a lover than a fighter? Don’t worry, your not a freak, your more suited to that of a magic-user. Those who wield Sticks/rods tend to have more materia choices and more magic power. And it only cost 800 gil. Thus their attack tends to suck and they must be protected. But when they let loose on the battle field with a summon spell, look out. Better keep ‘em in the back unless you want to explain to your leader why your ”mage” is on top of a tree screaming the Dragon Zombies are going to eat me! You know you screwed up then because you also happen to be in the plains...

Other available: Striking staff, Mythril rod, full metal staff, wizard staff, fairy tale, prism staff, wiser staff, Aurora staff, Princess guard, and Parasol.

3.Leather glove: Want to be the brawler of the group? The one who can brake skulls without a fancy weapon and knows how you take action? I present to you the leather glove. If you happen to have a voice that screams in your head: "Drop-kick him now! It’s our only chance!" Then you know you would do good with these protecting your knuckles. At only 300 gil they are the most affordable. Just make sure you have the attack power to back up your most probable bad defense and you should be fine...Really.

Other available: Metal knuckle, Mythril claw, grand glove, motor drive, tiger fang, platinum fist, diamond knuckle, work glove, dragon claw, kaiser knuckle, crystal glove, god’s hand, and Premium heart.

4.Gattling Gun: Would you happen to be missing one of your hands and are looking for something to replace it with? I, my friend, suggest you buy this gattling gun and get it engraved! It’s incredibly cheap, a long range weapon, and you can master in as little as a year. Unless you have the attention span of a gold fish, then well, your screwed. You are one of the gunman who have pretty high stamina and hang in there, such as if someone were to play the decoy, they would pick you! Or they might just really hate you, that has happened before. I remember that unfortunate accident at that New Years party last year. If only the Turks hadn’t broken up maybe Tseng wouldn’t have to be posing as a clown at birthday parties...

Other available: Assault gun, atomic scissors, cannon ball, w machine gun, heavy vulcan, enemy launcher, drill arm, chainsaw, rocket punch, microlaser, AM cannon, solid bazooka, max ray, and missing score.

5.4-point Shuriken: Do you happen to have an inner ninja in you? Then you will enjoy this weapon very very much. It may not be long range but I’m sure you’ll manage. You can be a great supporting character so whenever you are actually picked for battle, well, use that time wisely. At only 100 gil, you can make many childhood fantasies come true. Just don’t drop this on your foot or you will really hurt yourself.

Other available: Boomerang, wind slash, pinwheel, twin viper, razor ring, hawkeye, crystal cross, conformer, oritsuru, magic shuriken, super ball.

6.Mythril clip: Are you not exactly human but communicate with them? Do you prefer to use your teeth, claws, and head when fighting? I present to you the mythril clip. Only 800 gil and has excellent accuracy. You can be of great aid to you and your fellow team members. Or you could just stand there and look pretty. I mean, it is a clip after all...

Other available: magic comb, diamond pin, silver barrette, seraph comb, plus barrette, hairpin, gold barrette, adaman clip, crystal comb, spring gun clip, centclip, limited moon.

7.Quicksilver: Have a gun fetish? Enjoy hunting or attacking with great precise from the back row? Congrats, a gunman you shall be. You can certainly any threat and your allies will always you know you have their backs. Even if you accidentally shoot them in the ass a couple of times... Vinnie never really got used to Cid standing RIGHT IN FRONT of him... I pray he does not read that specific line... I do however know who is reading this book. Because he wants to find my weak point and break it so he can introduce a sequel to that second book of his. I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU BUDDY, MY EDITOR IS RUFUS SO HAH! Yet again, sorry you had to see that.

Other available: peacemaker, sniper cr, shotgun, shortbarrel, sliver riffle, lariat, winchester, outsider, supershot st, buntline, long barrel R, Death penalty.

8.yellow M-phone: One thing to say: have fun. Other available: they come in other colors.

9.Spear: Can you not stop poking things for more than five seconds? Do you go whaling daily? At 1200 gil you know your gonna like this spear. You can have excellent attack power and utmost speed. Just don’t get it stuck in the ground if you happen to miss that joker you were targeting.

Other available: Slash lance, trident, viper halberd, mast ax, javelin, partisan, scimitar, dragoon lance, mop, venus gospel.

That people are all of the choices offered to you for your fighting pleasure. Now during some of those I had mentioned the front line and the back line. Well, during battle, you will notice people select footing in an area and some follow. Those aimed up more towards the front tend to be able to take more attacks and can actually survive. Those who stay in the back tend to have low defense and their stamina will take a major blow. It is much safer in the back and thus why it was created.

You may be wondering why some of these weapons have really corny names, or oxy-morons... I’m not really sure. It’s either the people who made or found them who named them. Point is, they’re sharp, large and at times blunt.

I hope looking at this will help you decide what type of fighter you want to be. Stay tuned for the next lesson: Armor- Is it really worth it? Damn right it is!