Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Puppet of Entropy ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Puppet of Entropy.
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Sakura.
 
Notes: this is a story about a nice `normal' girl trapped into the world of Spira. Yep, once again, another character falling into Spira. Due to the number of stories about this, I try to bring something new.
 
A nice idea then hit me when I was reading what has been already written about this subject. An idea of crossover never used before. This kind of crossover is my specialty.
 
So here we go with this crossover between Final Fantasy X and a dash of Final Fantasy Unlimited.
 
 
Prelude
 
I AM NOT SATISFIED!
 
In a place beyond the feeble human perception, a strange assembly occurred. They were not entities of flesh and bones or even energy and matter. If a human perception could be made to perceive them without becoming instantly insane he would have recognized the metaphysical manifestations of many cosmic principles.
 
They do not have an origin because their origin began the same time as Time itself. Our feeble knowledge could only outline their functions and brush their ways of thinking. But in the here and now, this assembly seemed a little…peeved.
 
Roughly in the middle of the reunion, an image formed. It was a blue and white planet with clouds, oceans and lands. The image seemed to jump and acquire a quadri-dimensionality as the scale changed. Various landscapes appeared and brought their sounds and scents to the assembly. Finally, the image focused on a gigantic form in an ocean.
 
The cycle created in the world of Spira is harming the balance of this universe.
 
Personally, I find the entity `Sin' rather…ugly.
 
“We're not here to discuss mortal values.”
 
Something must be done to rectify the unbalance.
 
The image changed to show a blond young man dressed in yellow and playing a sport called `Bltizball' in a giant sphere of water.
 
“What about him? He is fated to help to rectify the problem.”
 
The help come from tainted sources. The current `Sin' and an Unsent are responsible of his intervention.
 
A direct intervention will be a waste of energy. One of our agents must be sent.
 
“An agent? Most are too powerful or non-compatible to the dynamics of this universe.”
 
Perhaps an Avatar?
 
No thank you. One time is enough.
 
The view changed again to another blue and white planet.
 
You're not serious!
 
I agree, this particular planet is nothing more than a source of problems in too many dimensions.
 
“You can't be thinking of empowering one of those mortals!”
 
Empowering? No. Enslaving, yes.
 
“They are notorious for their amazing willpower and capacity to adapt.”
 
Well, I just have to selection an average mortal among them.
 
The image focused on the interior of a classical Japanese classroom and especially on a young girl, a teenager of sixteen years old with straight long black hair and deep green almond-shaped eyes. She was clad in a standard blue and white school sailor-uniform and was taking notes.
 
This one. She is nothing special on any regard and she will be involved in a future incident with enough leeway for us to intervene.
 
“True. But the potential of her race is present. No one can do anything about it.”
 
She's too feeble. She will be killed in the very beginning.
 
I count on the moral values of the Unsent and the Chosen Champion to make her pass this first hurdle.
 
“And after that?”
 
I will use this.
 
In the place of the image, a pair of black manacles without a chain and a crimson collar appeared. Each was bearing a polychromatic gem.
 
…Isn't that a little extreme?
 
“To give something like that to a mortal…”
 
Give? No. She will be chained to them.
 
“There is still a risk that she will be able to master them.”
 
Minimal and even if she managed this feat I will win in the end.
 
You always win in the end.
 
True.
 
Ignorant of her fate, the young girl continue the normal routine of her life.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Yes, those four are the manifestations of four great cosmic principles. Don't worry, their identities will be developed during the story.
 
Many time, the Fayth are the powers that bring normal players in the world of Spira. Well, not this time.
 
Read and review please.