Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Compulsion ❯ 4 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twisted Compulsion
Ch. 4
 
 
-----
Someone
-----
 
 
 
Sephiroth wiped the sweat from his forehead and pulled his legs up to his chest. He laid his head on his legs and tried to clam his beating heart. Aerith sat on her knees with her shoulders drawn in tight. She stared at Sephiroth.
 
 
“What did you dream about?”
 
 
Sephiroth lifted his head and look at Aerith. She sat with her hands in her lap, looking down at the floor now. He looked at her for a moment before looking down again. “It… It was her… “
 
 
“So I guess what you said last night is true… As long as you're alive so is she…”
 
 
Sephiroth nodded, “Yes, she told me….” He stopped and looked back at Aerith, she did the same. The two looked into each other's eyes. “She told me… I am inside of you and that as long as I live she will live. She also said I would never die and I was her host… “
 
 
At the mention of never dying Aerith thought of Vincent. `Never die? Does she mean like Vincent? Vincent was also like a host too, a host for all those monsters…' Aerith bit her lip, “I can't help you…. but I know who can…Do you remember Vincent Valentine? He traveled with Cloud and the rest of us. He had a mechanical hand and used a gun…”
 
 
Sephiroth thought back, “Yes I do. I always got a strange feeling whenever I came in contact with him. Jenova always sent me vibes at the sight of him…”
 
 
“Well, I guess you don't know the whole story of Vincent….” Sephiroth shook his head. “Well I guessed you'd be interested in where we found him. He was sleeping in a coffin… in the Shinra mansion.”
 
 
Sephiroth snapped to attention, “for how long?”
 
 
“30 years….”
 
 
“He was put in there around the time I was born…”
 
 
Aerith nodded, “Vincent is an ex-Turk, and a very secretive man. He really doesn't talk about himself that much, but when Cloud mentioned Hojo that he agreed to help us…”
 
 
“So you don't know about his past?”
 
 
“Oh, but I do. He told me, just none of the others do. At least not when I was around…. He is very aloof… well anyways, Vincent and I ended up together a lot since we often split our group up. Over time the two of us became friends, close enough so that I could ask him of his past….
 
 
 
-----
The story of Vincent
-----
 
 
 
Once upon a time, there was a young man named Vincent. He was a very skilled gunman; so skilled in fact that he became the member in a very excusive group, The Turks of Shinra. Vincent did his job to the best of his abilities but he was still not very happy. Vincent was always looking for his special someone, having dated just about every sectary in the Shinra building in his search.
 
 
One day a new assistant for Pro Ghast came in to Vincent's life. She was beautiful with long brown hair and a pleasant smile, her name was Lucrecia. Vincent fell in love with her at first sight, and Lucrecia fell in love with him. But Vincent wasn't the only one who admired Lucrecia. Another assistant, named Hojo had fallen in love with her too. He watched from the shadows as the two began to spend time together whenever they could spare it.
 
 
Then Vincent found out the Lucrecia would be leaving for year. She had been hand chosen by Hojo to help on his new and first project, the Jenova Project. Jenova was a frozen alien that Professor Ghast had found in the northern glaciers. She was to go to the Shinra mansion in a town called Nilbahamn and help Hojo study it, or so Vincent had been told. Since this was a secret examination the crew needed a Turk to watch over them. Vincent was ecstatic at the thought of basically living with Lucrecia for a year and volunteered. The crew left before Vincent so they had everything set up and ready by the time he arrived.
 
 
Vincent was as happy to see Lucrecia as she was to see him, but Vincent could tell something was wrong and that Hojo was to blame. The two were always together and discussing things privately. Vincent knew that this was going to happen because the two were working together but gradually Lucrecia began spending all her extra time with Hojo, and also seeming to be come more and more depressed.
 
 
Vincent finally confronted Lucrecia. She sobbed and told Vincent that she couldn't see him anymore because of the way the experiments were going. She was pregnant with Hojo's child and that the child was being experimented on. Vincent was appalled not only because she was seeing Hojo behind his back but also because she was putting her child and self at risk. But Vincent loved her enough to allow her to do as she pleased. Lucrecia was a curious woman and Vincent knew that the Jenova mystery and her scientific work meant much to her. Over the month's Vincent preformed his duty, avoiding Lucrecia at all cost but still watching her from the shadows like Hojo had done. He watched Lucrecia's stomach grow and her physical condition worsen. Vincent felt torn, he loved Lucrecia and didn't want her to get hurt but he also wanted her to be happy, and being in this experiment gave the illusion of happiness to Vincent.
 
 
Finally Lucrecia was on the last week of her pregnancy and bedridden. During a long cool autumn afternoon she gave birth to a son and after months of ignoring her, Vincent couldn't stand it any longer. He visited his now dying love, by the time he got there her son had already been rushed out. Lucrecia was over joyed to see him and confessed to him. She told him that for months before the official start of the experiment in Niblhamn she had been approached by Hojo with an unusual proposal, to create a child and to infuse it with Jenova's cells. It was a once and a lifetime offer and if successful would give the two high prestige. Lucrecia throw away her love and ethics and agreed to be a part of it. She also confessed that during her pregnancy she had been having second thoughts about playing with a human's life. Hojo of course didn't care and continued with the experiments. Lucrecia's body was now dying from all the injections; she had been hooked up to many machines in order to keep her alive. She said that she was sure that Hojo was going to abuse the child and begged Vincent to save her child and not to let Hojo get away with playing god. Vincent promised and went immediately to the basement lab were Hojo was.
 
 
Hojo stood over Lucrecia new born son, doing a crude scientific examination. Vincent screamed and cursed Hojo out, telling him that he wasn't going to get away with abusing Lucrecia and that he was going to take her son away so Hojo he couldn't abuse him too. Vincent walked toward Hojo but before he could grab Lucrecia's child Hojo pulled out a gun and shot him point blank. It wasn't enough for Hojo to just brutally kill Vincent he decided to use his body for experimentation while he was still partly alive.
 
 
Hojo cut off Vincent's arm and replaced it with a golden claw and infused his body with Jenova and monster cells. He then decided to dump the comatose body in a coffin and lock him up, hiding the key in a safe. Assuming that no one would ever find him, Hojo dumped his notes on the key's location carelessly on the floor where Cloud and his friends found it and set Vincent free. He still looked just as young as ever….
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Now Vincent is cursed with seemly eternal life and monsters that can take over his body…. Poor man and all he wanted was help his true love, and now he can't even be with her…. “Aerith sighed. “I guess you can guess who the baby was…”
 
 
“It was me….”
 
 
4-24-05 edited. I love that vinny story lol