Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Compulsion ❯ 7 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twisted Compulsion

Ch. 7

-----

I: stupid beds….

-----

Another early waking for Aerith, but this time she decided to let sephiroth sleep. Besides she was just too damn comfortable and who knew when the next time she'd get to snuggle with him when they got to town and went to an Inn with separate beds. `Gad…stupid inns...they cold save so much money if they require people to double up in a bed!' Aerith sighed happily. `I don't think I've ever felt this safe before… why is it that I feel so safe with him…? I mean I shouldn't really. Not at all… but…' She looked back at Sephiroth. He looked so peacefully. Just looking at him, you never would've guessed. Aerith shook her head, not wanting to think of all the things he had done at the hands of Jenova. She snuggled happily and dozed, not really asleep but not awake either.

-----

II: Mind games

-----

Sephiroth suddenly felt cold. `Where's Aerith?' is the first thought in his head. He opened his eyes and found he wasn't at Glacier Park anymore, in fact he didn't know where he was. Sephiroth stood in complete darkness. It was everywhere, but the black floor ripple like water when he stepped on it. He looked down and noticed it as was reflective like one too. He suddenly noticed something horrify. He was pouring blood. He had no cuts, the blood just seeped out of his skin and was pouring to the black water on which he stood. Still gazing down he touched he face, but felt and saw no blood. He looked again at the water, and sure enough he was gushing.

Then he noticed something in the reflection. A bright flash and a figure coming down toward him, Cloud. Instinctively he turned to the sky, and again nothing. But when he turned back to the water sure enough Cloud was there, his large buster sword pushed through his mirror's body. He saw his mirror body be tossed aside by cloud as he pulled his sword out. Then Cloud stared down at him, or rather up at him from sephiroth perspective. Cloud looked him dead in the eyes, his face covered in his mirror images blood. Sephiroth knelt down. To his surprise Cloud did the same. Then he reached to the water, cloud doing the same, there hands touching it seemed. Sephiroth was utterly confused because he could actually feel clouds rough and bandaged hands, not the water. He suddenly stood up and to his surprise Cloud's hand continued to follow him. Sephiroth stumbled back, but the hand sticking out of the water wasn't Cloud's it was… Aerith? Aerith other hand emerged from the water and she slowly lifted herself out of the water and stood up. She was dripping wet and blood stained her trademark pink dress. Her skin was deadly pale, like paper, and her eyes hallow and dark. She had a creepy smile, a smile that made Sephiroth's skin crawl. She reached out her hand and opened her mouth, but no words came out. Sephiroth felt a buzzing in his head and shook his head. His mind felt dulled, he couldn't think. A sweet feminine voice sounded in his ear, a soothing motherly voice.

`She's aligned with him, she'll kill you my son! A child of the demon people… The people who want nothing more than our death my son… the ceria…'

Sephiroth shut his eyes tight, "No, your wrong… She's not like that!" When he opened his eyes Aerith stood in front of him. Her hand still out stretched. She took one more step forward, her mouth still moving, and then she stroked his cheek. He shivered at her touch, it was cold and wet. She continued to step forward until there bodies where close enough to touch, and then she wrapped her arms around him and a dead embrace. Sephiroth became still in her grip, unable to move, and then he felt it. A sword was plunged straight through his back. A face, he could not see came up from behind him and whispered venomously in his ear, "General…"

"Cloud!" Sephiroth yelled, still unable to turn around. Cloud gave a sharp twist to his sword. Sephiroth woke up screaming and gasping for breath.

-----

III: coldness

-----

Aerith woke with a start from a scream, being rudely thrown on to her face. She got up and wiped of her face and turned toward Sephiroth. He sat with his knees to his chest and his arm to his head. His wing hung uselessly over the snow. `Another dream…' She slowly got to her feet and approached her. "Sephiroth?"

Sephiroth turned quickly to face her. His heart was racing and his breathing harsh.

Aerith walked to his side and sat down next to him, "another dream?" she whispered.

Sephiroth whipped his forehead and finally got is breath to even out. "Yeah… Her again…" He got to his feet and put his jacket back on. "Let's go…"

Aerith felt slightly hurt at his sudden coldness, but she wasn't mad. He had just dreamed of a creature that had controlled him for most of his life, or at least that what she thought he dreamed about. The two shouldered their packs and began walking.

`I feel horrible about not telling Aerith the truth about my dream…. But what if what I saw… no, Jenova is just playing with my mind. Like she always does! It's best that Aerith not know that she and Cloud were in my dream… It might upset her and make her worry….' Sephiroth thought as he trudged up the ski trails, Aerith following in his foot step again. She seemed very quiet but he guessed it was because of the coldness he showed to her. `Hopefully she'll cheer up when we get to Icicle Inn…'

-----

IV: Icicle Inn

-----

At around noon the two walked into the little village Icicle Inn. Aerith's face light up and she ran passed Sephiroth. She loved people, but poor Sephiroth stood at the beginning of the trail, pulling his hood down as far as it would go. Aerith stopped when she noticed he was following. She turned around and smiled at him. "Come on! The inn will probably have some newspaper in it!" She ran back to him and hooking an arm with him pulled Sephiroth toward the Inn.

Icicle inn, the inn, was brightly light and welcoming. Aerith smiled and rushed to the front counter where a cheery looking plump woman stood. "Hello! Do you have any newspapers about the guys who saved the world around?"

The woman smiled, "Yes, we do, my dear. Here's the Junon times for you." She handed over the paper and Aerith snatched it up happily. Aerith rushed back to Sephiroth who had taken a seat on a waiting bench set up by the door. She sat down next to him and opened the newspaper.

"Now, I'm guess that the paper will tell us were Vincent is, since he kind of helped saved the planet. Ok let's see… Cid went back to Rocket town… Barret took charge of resorting Coral…. Tifa's opened a bar in Nilbahamn… Yuffie's training in Wutai… Reeves, known as Cath sith, has taken over as head of new Shinra and is helping rebuild Midgar… hmm… Oh here it is! Vincent Valentine and Cloud Stife have seemly disappeared... oh! Since the destruction of meteor not even their fellow freedom fighters know were they have gone… Oh, that stinks!"

"Yes, and I just realized we have no money to get a room or travel anywhere…" Sephiroth added from under his hood.

Aerith pouted, "That's great!"

"Excuse me," The woman at the counter said, "If you want to find Vincent I've heard a rumor that might be of some interest to you."

Aerith got to her feet and ran back over to the counter, "Really? What is it! We're desperate!"

The woman bent forward and beckoned Aerith to do the same, "well, I wouldn't normally say, I mean there are so many reports running around and all, but I get a nice feeling from you so I'll tell you. A few months ago, a man moved into town, a dark man who keeps to himself, no one knows much about him but you there's a rumor going around that he's Vincent Valentine."

Aerith straighten, "Oh, it couldn't be him then if it were months ago…"

"Yes, it could."

Aerith and the woman both looked toward Sephiroth.

Sephiroth climbed to his feet and showed Aerith the newspaper, "look at the date."

Aerith's mouth dropped open, "what! It's been like a year since my…. Err. Mother's death!"

Sephiroth nodded then addressing the woman he said, "Where does he live?"

A little unnerved by Sephiroth the woman responded, "He lives on the edge of town in a small unmarked cabin. It's got no windows showing to the street and a gold chocobo is a small stall next to that cabin. You can't miss it."

Aerith smiled warmly, "Thank you so much!" She hooked Sephiroth's arm again and the two walked out into the cold winter air.

"What if it isn't him?" Sephiroth asked as he struggled to keep pace with Aerith, she was after all far shorter than him so their strides were very different.

"Then we keep looking!" She said cheerfully, the events of the morning completely forgotten it seemed. The two stopped in front of a windowless house, no chocobo visible. Aerith release Sephiroth and ran to the other side of the cabin. "Yep a chocobo!" she called. Aerith than ran to the door, beckoning Sephiroth to come of her. He did so slowly and uncertainly.

`What if it is Vincent? What will I say, will he help me?' Sephiroth wondered as he waited behind Aerith, still feeling safe from under his hood.

Aerith nodded and was bobbing like a little girl, being very giddly at the thought of seeing Vincent again. The sound of foot steps was heard and the unlocking of a door. "VINCNET!" Aerith screamed at seeing Vincent before her, just like he had left him. She ran up to him and gave him a warm hug, wrapping her arms around his back.

Vincent with Aerith around his neck stumbled backwards slightly, "Aerith?" he said a bit stunned. Aerith let go of his neck and wrapped her arms around his chest so she could look up at his face. "It is you... Aerith what are..." Vincent seemed lost for words. Sephiroth just stood at the doorway, he suddenly felt very nervous, almost like a child would be when meet a previously unknown adult. Aerith smiled and finally released him, sliding over to his side so that the two were looking at the cloaked figure in the doorway.

"Come on! Don't just stand there!" Aerith said. She quickly went over to Sephiroth's side, hooking his arm and walked him in. Sephiroth pulled his hood off. "Vincent say hello to Sephiroth, Sephiroth, Vincent!"

2-25-04

A/N aha more to come….