Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Compulsion ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twisted Compulsion
Ch. 1
 
 
 
 
This story is actually really old, like I started it in 7th grade. Anyways, this story is centered on Aerith and Sephiroth and a romance that starts between them. I hope you enjoy.
 
 
 
Aerith saw her mother just beyond the gates of the Promised Land. Just beyond those golden gates she stared back at her. Tears pouring down from her mother's cheek. Her only child, who had given her life to save the world, was denied the thing she sot so hard to save. Aerith floated there, the tears she shed floating a way from her to mingle with the stray wisps of lifestream. Aerith closed her eyes and hugged her legs to her chest, shaking with her sobs. She suddenly lifted her head and opened her eyes. The life stream was saying something, but she couldn't understand. Aerith shook her head. “What? What is it? What do you want me to do now after you abandoned me!” She yelled.
 
 
The current changed, like it was trying to get away from something. Aerith looked to see what was causing it, and there she saw him. Sephiroth. He floated, or more like sank, blood pouring from him from various sword wounds. His trademark trench coat and sword was missing but now he sported a single black wing. The life stream didn't want him and was pushing him down. Aerith was at first very afraid but then something changed. She suddenly felt something she had never felt before, something she'd never dreamed she'd feel toward Sephiroth. Compassion. She pushed herself down to the fallen general and wrapped her arms around him as best she could. She then began to pull him up against the life streams force.
 
 
The life stream screeched with anger at this half-breed helping the son of the destroyer. Aerith's ears pounded due to the planet's screams but she pressed on, pushing as hard as she could until the two broke through the surface of the stream. An exhausted Aerith climbed on a rocky ledge and dragged Sephiroth up. She wearily pushed herself into a sitting position. She hung her legs over the edge and rang out her long ponytail. Aerith looked around the room, or rather cave that the two were in. `We must be in the northern carter still,' Aerith thought. A slight groan brought her attention back to the winged man.
 
 
Sephiroth groaned and rolled his head from side to side. `I should be dead… What happened… and where the hell am I?' Sephiroth wondered. He slowly opened his eyes and saw his victim staring down at him, her green eyes filled with a mix of fear and worry. He breathed out slowly and stared back. `Maybe I am dead….'
 
 
Aerith continued to stare. `Oh, god what have I done…' she thought. `I've brought back the very man who killed me… What if he's still insane, what if he tries to kill me again?'
 
 
Sephiroth grimaced and reached down to touch one of his many wounds. `It's a wonder I'm still alive. It must be Jenvoa and that mad man's experiments that are keeping me alive…'
 
 
Aerith bit her lip and cautiously crawled to Sephiroth's side. `Well I saved him so I might as well help him…' She ripped a chunk out of her dress and gingerly dabbed at on of Sephiroth's wounds. To her surprise it was already closing over and healing. Suddenly the cave shook, the lifestream bubbled and the ceiling began to fall. Large chunks of rocks came crashing down around the pair. Sephiroth pushed himself up on his elbows and quickly scanned the cave for an exit. Upon seeing it he quickly climbed to his feet. He bent down and pulled an in shock Aerith to her feet. Holding firmly on to her upper arm he began to pull Aerith toward the exit.
 
 
Fear filled Aerith and she pulled against Sephiroth, he was still a frightful sight; bear chested and covered in blood. Not to mention that strange wing that seemed fully functional.
 
 
Sephiroth looked back at Aerith, “Do you want to live, or would you rather stay here and die again?”
 
 
Aerith went pale and looked at sephiroth with frightened eyes.
 
 
`Shit, I guess I shouldn't have said it like that…' Sephiroth thought when he saw the look on the shocked girl's face.
 
 
Aerith stopped resisting and let Sephiroth lead her through the maze of rock corridors. She wouldn't have been able to get out of her even if she tired, besides the whole place was falling apart so she really didn't have time to explore. The duo picked up the pace when they saw the path behind them was falling away into the rising lifestream. Soon they were running and dodging falling boulders. Sephiroth saw it first, a light, and pulled at Aerith to pick up the pace. The two burst through the cave entrance and into the blinding white that was Glacier Park.