Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unspoken Love ❯ Memories of the Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Final Fantasy 8 is not mine. It is the property of Square Soft. I do not claim ownership to Final Fantasy 8 or its characters. I only claim ownership to this fanfic. Please don't sue me. All you'll get are some old candy wrappers and maybe a penny.

Once again I sit alone in my dorm room, thinking of Rinoa. For some reason I can't stop thinking about her. No matter how hard I try to force her out of my thoughts she always returns. Why can't I stop thinking about her? What is it that makes her different from everyone else?

I remember the night I met her. I had been standing alone at the ball; wishing I had someone to talk to. Zell and Selphie had tried to speak to me, but I wouldn't respond to them in the way they had wanted. I had been just too afraid to show my true feelings. Before long, they had left me alone once again.
Then a girl had approached me. She had looked beautiful in her short, white dress. She had let her lovely raven black hair down; letting it fall to her shoulders. She had looked at me with her sparkling hazel eyes. She had been the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The girl had said softly in her enchanting voice, "You're the best looking guy here. Dance with me."
I had wanted to run away at that moment. I had not known how to react to her request. She had stared at me with her spellbinding eyes and I had known at that moment that I was trapped. I had avoided my gaze only slightly from her in a futile attempt to escape her.
She looked at me confidently with her large hazel eyes and said, "Let me guess, you'll only dance with girls you like. Okay then! Look into my eyes. You going to like me. You going to like me. Did it work?"
I had looked at her and stared at my boots. I had muttered shamefully, "I can't dance." I had known that was the most pathetic answer I could have given her at the time but it had been the truth. Before that moment I had never danced in my life.
"C'mon I can't dance on the dance floor alone," she had replied before she had grabbed my arm and dragged me out on the dance floor. When we had started dancing I had proven what I had stated earlier to be true. I had been a terrible dancer; we had bumped into another couple as we had danced. Rinoa had merely stuck her tongue out at the other couple and we had continued dancing.
Soon, I had gotten pretty good at dancing. Everything had been perfect at that moment. I had looked into Rinoa's sparkling hazel eyes, and wondered if I would ever see her again. At the time that had seemed unimaginable. I had wished I would see her again as I had watched a shooting star fly by. That had to have been one of the most perfect moments of my life.

Suddenly, a loud noise interrupts my thoughts. I quickly realize that someone is knocking at my door. But why would anyone want to see me at this time of night. Its past curfew so no one would be up. I open the door slowly to find Rinoa standing behind it.

Authors Notes: So what did you think? I know it was really short but the next chapter will be longer (I hope) -_-*. Anyway, I need five GOOD reviews to continue. If you are going to criticize my work please do it constructively. If you didn't like this fic please explain why in your review or don't review at all; don't just write, 'your fic suxs' or something like that.