Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unspoken Love ❯ Secret Discovered ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Final Fantasy VIII or its characters. I only claim to own this fanfic. Final Fantasy VIII belongs to Square Soft.

Author's Notes: I didn't expect this fic to be so popular. I can't believe I've already gotten seven reviews. ^_^ I can't take all the credit for the success of my previous chapter. -_-* I got a some of the quotes from a friend of mine. (I haven't played in a while!) She writes under the name of Rinoa41269^_^ ! I wrote everything else from what I remembered.

I can't believe it! This is something I've always dreamed of but I never thought it would happen in reality! Rinoa is actually standing outside my door! I wonder what she wants. She wouldn't come here for no reason. Does she like me! No that would be too good to be true. But then what does she want? Could she really like me? No, but maybe she...
"Ummm Squall," Rinoa utters softly in her sweet voice. "Is there something wrong with you? I don't think you heard a word I just said."
I must have been deep in thought again. Why can't I do anything right around Rinoa? My face feels hot. Oh no I must be blushing. This is so embarrassing!
"Squall, I came here to ask you something," Rinoa whispers in her enchanting voice. She looks troubled; I wonder what's upsetting her. I hope it isn't me! Maybe she's just nervous about something. Maybe she's going to admit she has the same feelings for me that I have for her! No, that can't be it...can it?
"Have you seen Angelo around? I've been looking everywhere for him, but I can't find him anywhere! Do you know where he is?"
I feel like I'm about to fall over. I quickly apply more pressure to my right foot in order to prevent myself from doing so. I am such a loser! Why would a girl like Rinoa want me anyway!
Suddenly, a noise interrupts my thoughts for the second time this evening. Angelo is standing right under my feet; barking loudly. He looks up at me then rapidly turns his gaze to Rinoa. He walks over to her barking happily.
"Angelo there you are!" Rinoa exclaims as she hugs the dog tightly. "I'm so glad to see you!" Rinoa cries and turns to leave. Before she takes a step she turns around abruptly. She looks at me with her lovely, hazel eyes and blurts out, "Thank you, Squall! I never would have found him without your help!" Rinoa kisses me lightly on the cheek and runs off with Angelo tagging behind. I can't believe how lucky I am!

After waking up to the sound of the junior clansmen getting ready for class, I quickly changed and ran towards the training center. As I run I spot Rinoa walking in the same direction as I am. Maybe I should just confess my feelings for her! She had tried to get me to express myself more before the fight with Ultimecia. I express my feelings more than I did then, but I still keep a lot inside. I should just tell her I love her right now! I've got nothing to lose!
"Rinoa, I've got something very important to tell you!"
"What is it, Squall?"
"I love..."
"What'd ya think your doin' puberty boy?" Seifer yells. He appears out of no where and stares at me mencingly. His blue eyes seem to burn with rage, and his face is twisted in a scowl. He attempts too punch me but misses slightly.
"Next time I won't miss, bastard! Stay away from my girl!"
"I'm not your girl, Seifer!" Rinoa shouts and walks slowly towards the girl's bathroom, and slams the door in his face. I force myself not to laugh as I look at Seifer's bewildered face. Its interesting to see his inflated ego crushed finally.
The tall boy's eyes burn with rage as he turns towards me. He walks towards me slowly and murmurs in his conceded voice, "You love her too, puberty boy. Well you can't have her Squall! Girls like her don't like losers like you!"
Suddenly, Seifer draws out his gunblade. He glares at me as he raises the gunblade to my face. "Unless you want another scar I suggest you stay off my territory, you asshole!"
"Seifer what do you think you're doing? Put that gunblade away right now or you'll be suspended from this garden," Quistis yells, looking at the blond-haired boy sternly.
"Instructor, or should I say ex-instructor, I don't believe you have the power to do that! Why don't ya step aside and let me finish off this wimp!"
"What's going on here?" Cid yells as he walks towards us with two garden fascility members at his sides. He looks unusually furious. He slowly focuses his gaze on Quistis.
"Quistis, I demand to know what's going on here!"
"Well, Seifer tried to attack Squall because..."
"I don't care why he attacked Squall! Weapons are not to be used inside the garden! Seifer come with me!"
As I watch them leave Seifer gives me one last glare. I ignore him and focus my attention on Quistis who was giggling quietly. She didn't seem to notice I was standing right in front of her, and if she did notice she didn't seem to care.
"What is so funny?" I inquire the blond-haired women standing in front of me. She is usually such a serious person. I wonder what's wrong with her.
"I heard everything Squall! I know how you feel about Rinoa! Its so funny! Your in love! Haaaaaaaaaaa..."
I can't believe it! Someone has discovered my secret! What am I going to do? Will she tell Rinoa!

Author's Notes: So what did you think? Was this chapter as good as the first? Should I even bother to continue? Please review to give your opinions on my work.