Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unspoken Love ❯ Unexpected Events ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Final Fantasy VIII and its characters are not mine. They belong to Square Soft. I only own this fic. Please don't sue me; all you'll get is some candy wrappers and an old computer.

"C'mon Squall, do it for your old man." Laguna begs as I look with disgust at the tuxedo he had purchased for me the previous morning. Does Laguna actually think I'm going to wear that thing? I can't believe this man is really my father.
"There is no way I'm going to wear that thing! Its hideous!"
"I'm sorry son, but you're GOING to wear this on your date. Now put it on quickly! You have to meet her in five minutes!"
"Fine. I'll wear the damn thing, just stop bothering me!"
"Son, I'm trying to help you! Can't you see that! Now put on that suit. Do you want Rinoa to see you like that!"

Finally, I'm ready! I just have to knock on this door, and hope the date will go as planned. I feel stupid in this tuxedo. I hope Rinoa likes it. I hope my hair is okay.
"Do you think you can manage son? Its taking you quite a while."
"Laguna, what are you doing standing behind me!"
"Don't I have a right to watch my son leave on his first date? And call me 'father' from now on Squall."
"Whatever. Can you please just go."
"All right, just have fun."
"Whatever." I say under my breath as Laguna slowly heads in the opposite direction. I knock on the door loudly, almost hoping Rinoa isn't home. I want to see her, but this is just to embarrassing. I guess if it wasn't for Laguna I might have never had this chance. Maybe I should thank him. Am I crazy! Laguna abandoned me as a child. This is just his way of making up for it. But still...
"Hello Squall!" Rinoa says as she opens the door. "So the rumors are true, you really do have feelings for me."
"Whatever."
"Squall, your not suppose to say that! This is our first date! Try to be a little less cold, okay?"
"Fine, but can we go NOW. Those girls over there are staring."
"Let them stare. Are you really that embarrassed of me?"
"Whatever."
"Ah ah ah. You have to learn to express your feelings more openly."
"Fine."

The limo drives slowly through the streets. I can't believe I let Rinoa talk me into renting this limo for her! It was expensive! What is with Rinoa anyway. Why should I express my feelings to anyone. Why do I put up with her. Is it because I love her. Is that what love is?
"Squall is there something wrong?"
"No..."
"You just don't seem to be talking very much."
"So."
"You were the one that asked me out on this date. Your supposed to talk to me. Is... There something wrong with me?"
"No. Your absolutely perfect." I can't believe I just said that. But she does look beautiful in the pale yellow dress. It looks very similar to the dress that she wore when we first met, but it looks different somehow. I wonder if she bought it just for this occasion. I feel so stupid in this tuxedo. What kinda man wears a BLUE tuxedo. I look so stupid! I hope she doesn't notice the coffee stain on the sleeve.
"Squall..."
"What."
"I was just wondering about that tuxedo."
"W-What about it?"
"It just doesn't suit you. Where did you get it?"
"Laguna gave it to me. He insisted I wore it."
"What's so special about it?"
"He wore it on his first date."
"So that's why it looks so old. When did he wear it?"
"When he was eighteen."
"Oh. Not many people spill coffee on their special clothes."
"Yeah."

We have finally got to the restaurant. I think that girl over there is laughing at this damn tuxedo. Damn Laguna. Damn. Damn. Damn.
"Squall, you look upset. Is anything wrong?"
"N-Nothing."
"Aren't you going to order something?"
"Y-Yes."
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."
"W-W-What's so funny?"
"You. Your just so cute when your nervous Squall. I never knew you were the shy type."
This isn't going too well. I've gotta loosen up. This is Rinoa. If I screw this up she'll start going out with Seifer again. What did she ever see in him? He is definitely not her type. Gotta loosen up; this could be my last chance.
"Squall."
"What!"
"Your doing it again."
"May I take your order?" Asks a skinny waiter. He takes Rinoa's order then turns his gaze towards me. His nose wrinkles slightly when he notices my outfit.
"May I take your order, sir?" He asks in his elitist voice. I notice Rinoa is staring at me as well. I quickly pick up the menu to find its written in French. It figures! Why can't these damn places have English menus. Oh well, I'll just order something quickly.
"I'll have le cerveau du poisson."
"Oui."
Rinoa starts laughing suddenly. I wonder what I've done this time. Does it have something to do with what I ordered? I wonder what le cerveau du poisson is anyway.
"Squall, do you know what you just ordered?"
"No. How am I suppose to know French?"
"Ha ha ha ha ha."
"Dammit! What did I order?"
"Fish brains."
I think I am going to puke. I thought French classes wouldn't be useful, but if I had taken them I wouldn't be in this mess. I can't believe I ordered le cerveau du poisson. This date is a disaster.

After a terrible dinner we decide to go to the park to get a little fresh air. I think I need it. Fish brains smell even worse than they sound. The stupid cook didn't even make that shit right. The bastard left an eye ball.
"Squall, I know this didn't turn out the way we planned, but at least we finally got to spend some time together. I'm glad I finally know how you REALLY feel. Maybe we should go on another date some time."
"Not at THAT restaurant!"
"Don't worry we won't go there again. It's kinda nice here though."
"Yeah."
"What do you think you're doing, puberty boy?" Seifer yelled. What was he doing here anyway? Does that bastard ever give up?
"Seifer, what do you think you're doing here? I told you it's over between us!" Rinoa yells. Before I can figure out exactly what's going on Rinoa grabs my face and kisses me passionately.
"Oh, you are so dead puberty boy. Why do you have to go after MY girlfriend?"
"I am NOT your girlfriend!"
"That hurt Rinoa. That hurt more than you'll ever know."
"I don't care!"
"I don't need you anyway bitch! You never were mature enough for me anyway! I need someone more mature. Hmmm... Quistis!" Seifer runs off smiling like an idiot. That guy is so weird. This DATE was so weird.

One week later...

That mission sucked! Cid never gives me any of the good ones any more. Oh well, I'll go to my dorm and rest for awhile. Wait a minute! Where's that laughing coming from? My dorm? Shit!
"Oh hi Squall. I didn't know you'd be back so early," Laguna says smiling like a moron. "I know I should have told you sooner, but I was spying on you during your date with Rin. Oh, I had a video camera too. I thought I'd show your friends!"
"Are you crazy!"
"Squall, that was your first date! Don't you want to treasure it forever?"
"Yo, Squall," Zell yells from inside my dorm. "Nice goin-g--ha ha ha ha ha!"
"LAGUNA!!!"
"Call me father from now on, remember."

Author Notes: So what did you think of this fic? I hope I did a good job. Please read and review.