Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unspoken Love ❯ Father's Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not claim to own Final Fantasy VIII or any of its characters. They belong to Square Soft. Please don't sue me. I have no money, or anything of value.

I can't believe it! My father has come to see me! But why would my father come to see me! I hope he's not trying to make up for his mistakes in the past. Last time he came here was on my birthday when he threw a party for me. Laguna really is so pathetic!
"Son, I know we've never been close, but now I've come to make up for what I have done to you in the past. I know all about your little secret, Squall! Actually, Fujin and Raijin told me over the phone. I don't know how they got my number, but that's not important! I know you need a little romantic help, and your old man's just the guy to do it!"
This is even worse than I had anticipated. Everything is going all wrong. It must have been Fujin and Raijin that spread that rumor. They're always near Seifer so they must've been spying on me. They're probably doing this to avenge Seifer. Those assholes will pay!
"Uhhh... Squall, is there something wrong?"
"No..."
"Well, that's good! First of all its that Rinoa girl you like right?"
"Ummm...possibly."
"That's great son! I was afraid you might be goin' after one o' those slutty bitches I saw in the garden. Well, anyway there's a time in every boys life when he begins to feel certain urges. Its normal for you to feel this way, but I don't want my boy rushin' in ta anything. You have ta move slowly in the right direction. Oh, by the way you haven't done ANYTHING with her right?"
"I-AM-NOT-SLEEPING-WITH-RINOA-SO-YOU-CAN-STOP-WORRYING-ABOUT IT!"
"Well, I'm glad to here your handling your feelings well! I hope you don't just rush her ta bed now son. You should get to know her first. Try chocolate and flowers. Tell her she has lovely hair and intriguing eyes. Take her to dinner. See a movie. Tell ya what! Since I am such a great father I will set you up on a date with Rinoa!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Bye, son! I'm glad we had this little conversation," Laguna yells as tears start to form in his eyes. "My little boy is growing up!"

"Damn it!" I shout as the grat gets to its feet once again. I was sure I killed that thing. I guess I just haven't been training enough lately. Too much has been happening. I wonder what Rinoa thinks of me now. I wanted to tell her some day but not now, not like this.
My thoughts are interrupted as the grat hits me once again with its long ugly vines. I can't believe I did it again. Damn that grat!
"Fuckin' piece of shit! You must die!" I shout before I slice the monster in half. Its grotesque blood begins to pour out of its revolting body. It screams before it falls to the ground. I guess I must be better than I had anticipated.
"Well done, Leonhart!" Seifer calls before he appears out of nowhere. "This is round two puberty boy, and this time the instructor won't come an' save ya! Your gonna learn not ta mess with my girl the hard way you bastard! Prepare to die!"
Before Seifer had a chance to charge, Laguna appears out of no where and looks at the two of us strangely. He must be planning something, but what? He's already embarrassed me enough. What will he do now?
"Son don't mess with bullies like him! He's just jealous of you, and who wouldn't be? Now c'mon son! It's almost time for your date! Don't worry son, I left a note under her door. You will meet her in approximately one hour! Hurry up and get ready lover boy or you'll be late!"
Laguna how could you do this to me? You abandoned me as a child, you tortured me on my eighteenth birthday, now you're going to set me up with Rinoa! Laguna, how can you possibly hate me THIS much?

Suddenly, I am at my eighteenth birthday party. Zell, Quistis, Selphie, and Irvine are all sitting around a fairly large table. At the opposite end of the table sits Rinoa. I look in her soft, hazel eyes for what feels like forever. Rinoa smiles at me and looks back at me.
Laguna rushes in and places a large, chocolate cake on the table. The words 'Happy Eighteenth Birthday Squall' had been written on it in red icing. Eighteen colourful candles circled the outside of the cake. A few candy flowers had been placed on the cake.
Laguna lits the candles and shouts, "Okay, everyone! Lets sing happy birthday!" Everyone begins singing, but I can only hear one voice, Rinoa's. Her voice is as beautiful as she is! I wish I could hear her sing more often.
Before Laguna can cut the cake Rinoa stands up and says happily, "I have an announcement to make! Seifer and I have gotten back together!"
My heart almost stopped after she said that. I can't believe Rinoa would do this to me! Doesn't she know I love her? Of course not, I've never told her!
"That's great news Rinoa!" Laguna yells, smiling widely. How can he even consider himself my father! He doesn't even know how I feel. Of course he doesn't know, I never told him. I've never told anyone.

"Squall wake up!" Laguna yells in my ear. He has a slightly concerned look on his face. He is holding a bouquet of flowers in his right hand. There is a tuxedo in the other.
I finally realize what had happened before I spaced out. I wonder where Seifer went. Oh, well at least he's gone. Wait a minute Laguna set me up on a date with Rinoa! "Nooooooooooooo!"

Author's Notes: So what did you think of this chapter? I know it took me awhile to finish it. I've been suffering from writer's block for the past few days. >.<