Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Who's John ShinRa? ❯ Brothers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: I do not own Final Fantasy VII. Don't sue me.
Who's John ShinRa?
Chapter 1: Brothers
 
“You know you don't have to do this, it's my job to be there.”
 
“I understand Mr. President, but it's my job to protect you. That's why I must go in case Meteor falls on Midgar,” the blond-haired man said solemnly. “Our father would want you to live to ensure ShinRa's survival.”
 
The other blond-haired man visibly shuddered in disgust at the mention of their father. “Very well. But know that I'm doing this for you, not ShinRa. I hope that we'll meet again,” as he extended his hand.
 
The other man gripped it firmly and looked sternly at his half-brother, “I want you to hide in my apartment until the incident has been contained and it's safe for you to return to office.”
 
“It'll never be safe for me, but I'll make sure to take whatever precautions to ensure my livelihood.”
 
The man released his grip on the other man's hand satisfied with the answer he received. He turned his back on his half-brother and boarded the helicopter that would take him to Midgar. Straightening his white suit as the helicopter was lifting up into the air, he turned his attention to the window where he saw the fading image of Rufus on the helipad.
 
Almost all his life he aspired to be like his brother. He even had to dye his hair to become Rufus's mirror image. He wanted his power, his influence and the attention of their father: things Rufus never lacked. But he wasn't the son of the late Isabel ShinRa; he was the son of a cheap whore at the Honeybee Inn. A whore who became a princess for one night and thought she gave birth to a prince.
 
Prince John ShinRa wasn't even a title he could honorably wear, at least not one that the late President ShinRa allowed him to. His brother was the true prince and he was the fake. All he could do was wear the crown from time to time to protect the real prince from harm. John closed his eyes and concentrated on changed his facade since he had to pose as his brother while in Midgar. It always felt refreshing to have all this power: power that would be his if Rufus weren't around. His lips turned into a smirk as he grabbed his cell-phone to set a plan in motion that would let him keep his brother's crown.
 
(continued…)