Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ your not so tough ❯ Are you skipping class? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: ummmm… hi this is chapter two. I just woke up not into think about talking so I'll just type.

"Yuffie?"


"Vincent!" Yuffie said blushing slightly as she backed away from the tall man that had ran into her.


"So this is where you go during harvesting season?" she said kicking some dirt. Vincent just nodded his head and headed toward his house. Yuffie followed him to his house by a small stream.


"Nice place, did you build this?" Yuffie said smoothly running inside the house and looking around with a wide grin on her face.


"Yes it took me awhile. It was worth it though I'm not fond of harvesting season." Vincent said placing his death penalty on a rack on the wall by his other guns.


"Why not? Oh wait I know why" Yuffie said slyly making Vincent look at her. "It's `cuz you have to take off your cape and shirt right?" she said running her hand down Vincent's silky red cape.


"The scar's they remind me of painful memories when I see them." Vincent said straightening his back slightly as Yuffie ran her hand down his silky red cape.


"You never did tell me what those numbers meant." She said following Vincent back outside. Vincent didn't answer but continued to attempt to start a fire.


"Come on you can tell me. I won't tell anyone I promise" Yuffie said crouching down next to Vincent with her head on her hand.


"I'll think about it " Vincent said


"Really, then I'll be back tomorrow night" Yuffie said eventually Vincent started and fire and Yuffie was still there.


"Maybe I should take you back to Wutai" Vincent finally said after several minutes of staring into the dancing flames.


"I can take myself," Yuffie said looking at Vincent slightly confused.


"It's dark and all the monsters are out at night." Vincent said and then added "I'm taking you back or you're staying here" Yuffie looked slightly taken aback.



"Well if you care that much I think I'll stay here," Yuffie said confidently Vincent was shocked at her decision.


"Suit yourself" Vincent said as he began to cook dinner.


"You know some people in Wutai you know think you're scary because you never say anything and you always cover your face, but I don't think your scary." Yuffie said as Vincent started to cook some kind of animal on a roasting spit.


"I know I don't scare you. If I did you wouldn't of tried to steal my material all those times." Vincent said smiling slightly though it wasn't noticeable because of his cape. Yuffie and Vincent at their barbeque and eventually Vincent went in to make Yuffie a bed. Yuffie walked in after him and slipped and fell on the stairs. From inside Vincent heard and small scream and then a thump. When Vincent came out he found Yuffie unconscious with a semi large gash on her arm. Vincent quickly lifted her up in his arms and took her to his bed. She was bleeding quit heavily so he took one of his spare headbands from his drawer and wrapped it tightly around the gash. Vincent wiped the excess blood off her arm with a small towel. Yuffie woke up while he was doing this.


"What happened Hey! Ochies!" Yuffie said watching him wipe the blood from her wrist.


"I think you fell while I was inside."


"Oh is your headband around my arm."


"Yes, at least it one of them I don't have any bandages."


"Oh thank you for helping me" Yuffie said leaning upward.


"Don't move"


"Why?"


"Just stay here until I take you back to camp"


"Will you stay here with me?"


"Why?"


"Your house is scary"


"Okkkkkk" Vincent said leaning back in his chair putting the blood soaked rag back in the bowl of water.

That morning Vincent sat slumped over in his chair waiting for Yuffie to wake up. He had never been one to go back on promises so he had stayed there the whole night waiting for her to wake up. Vincent stared at her sleeping face. Vincent admitted silently to himself that he had feeling for Yuffie maybe that's why he stayed in Wutai for so long. For the life of him he couldn't find what he liked about her. She was not like lucreatia at all in fact she wasn't like him at all. He remembered a time a few months ago where he had visited Lucreatia one last time.


=.= (flashback)


"Lucreatia…are you still here." Vincent said walking in the cave approaching the bright light on the opposite wall.


"Vincent you came back?" a soft voice of a dying Lucreatia said.


"Yes"


"Vincent I will leave this place soon, I want to go join my son, but I need you to promise me something"


"Anything my dear Lucreatia"


"I want you to live"


"Live?"


"Don't continue to mourn my death or repent for sins you didn't commit"


"Lucreatia…"


"Continue on with your life Vincent I want you to be happy as I will be with my son" Lucreatia's voice wore down at the last word.


"Lucreatia…. I promise I will live my life, not for you but for myself" Vincent said. He knew that if he saw Lucreatia right now she would be smiling.


=.= (End flashback)


That was right after they had defeated JENOVA and Sephiroth. While Vincent was reminiscing Yuffie's stormy gray eyes flicked open and looked at him. She looked a little shocked to see him right there.


"Um I should take you back before they worry" Vincent said getting up and picking up his death penalty. Yuffie got up too and ran outside and saw him putting his weapon in a holster on his golden chocobo. Yuffie stood by him as he hopped on she did the same behind him and held on to him tight as the chocobo took off. The chocobo padded towards Wutai at amazing speed. Vincent's cape and hair whipped back behind him and engulfed her in the soft red silk. The chocobo stopped abruptly at the entrance to Wutai.


"I'll come by after class to see if you'll answer my question" she told Vincent happily. He nodded his head as he turned to ride off. Yuffie shrugged and ran into the pagoda for her class.


"Miss Yuffie please come here," Staniv said impatiently by the doorway


"What I'm already late" Yuffie said annoyed


"Your father wishes to know where you were last night"


"Don't worry I was safe I was with Vincent" Yuffie said waving off the words with her hand.


"You were with that guy"


"What do you mean by `that guy'"


"Neither your father or me think much of him. What is that?" Staniv said pointing to the red band around her arm.


"He hurt you didn't he" Staniv said with a raised eyebrow


"No I slipped at his house, no biggie"


"Go to class" he said as he pointed toward the door


"Alright whatever." Yuffie said shrugging her shoulders as she ran inside.