Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of Light and Dark ❯ Disguised ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

--*--

Chapter 2

Disguised

--*--

"Ow . . ." Zelda groaned. "Where are we?" she asked, looking to her left. She and Marth had fallen while they were walking with Link. Why hadn't Link fallen, though?

She tried to stand up, and grabbed a slime covered wall for support. Marth moaned, and his eyes slowly fluttered open. "Z . . . Zelda?" he stammered. She helped him to his feet. He glanced around quickly, seeing that they were in a cave. And there was no Link there.

"We've got to get out of here," Zelda began. "I've got this strange feeling that . . . Ryal . . . was never on our side."

"Ryal was once on our side," Marth said, looking up at her. "And if he was once, he can be again."

"How do you know this?"

Marth looked to the wall. "These walls . . . it's almost as if someone is talking to me, trying to tell us both something."

--*--

Link was now in a large room. In front of him sat Ryal, and beside him was a young woman with long blue hair and bright red eyes. She wore a red and black dress, and a small red headband. "Lilina!" he cried. "Lilina, what happened?"

"'The Dark is rising,' Link," she explained, then laughed. (A/N: Actually, that's a really good book.)

Is she always this vague . . . ? Link wondered, his eye twitching.

"'The Light shall fall.' Betrayal is everywhere, Teroah."

How'd she know my last name?!

"And you will be one betraying the Light."

"What!?" Link shouted, no longer thinking. "Ryal--Lilina--what the hell is going on!?"

Lilina merely waved her hand. Out from the shadows stepped . . . Marth?! He held a dead body in his hands. The body of Zelda! "You . . ." he snarled. "You did this to her!"

Link no longer was aware of Lilina and Ryal staring at him with mischevious grins slowly spreading. All he saw was Marth holding his beloved Zelda . . . no longer among the living. "No! That's not true!"

"You weren't there to protect her," Marth continued, glaring at Link. "Thanks to you, she is dead."

"No . . . it's not my fault!"

"It is! You cannot deny the truth!"

Link felt the anger rising. He forced himself not to get mad. He would become Dark Link if he were angry! And in that form . . . so much damage would be done at his hands.

Marth tossed Zelda across the void. He walked toward Link. "You betrayed your friends. You saw what happened to Azealea. How much did resemble the Market! It was an exact copy--a duplicate. And the Market became what it was because of you. You decided to sleep for seven years, while Ganondorf took control. And it's your fault Azealea looks as it does."

Link's hair slowly turned black, and his eyes were glowing red. "So what if it was?" he hissed, not able to keep the demon inside under control.

What am I saying?!

Marth's face suddenly smiled! "Go ahead. Become the demon. But you will never turn back to the Light . . ."

Nooooooo . . . !! was Link's final thought before giving into Dark Link's power.

--*--

"These walls tell of the war between the Light and the Dark," said a mysterious voice. Marth and Zelda turned to see a young man walking towards them. "I can safely assume you are not with the Dark."

"You're assuming right," Marth murmured with a roll of his sapphire eyes. "Who are you?"

"My name is Zerick Nayanth." He cocked an eyebrow. "And you are Prince Marth Lowell and Princess Zelda Harkninan. Correct?"

Damn he's good, Marth thought. He and Zelda nodded. "Come with me," Zerick ordered. He ran down a path in the cave. They stopped, and reached a dirt stairway-like structure.

Outside of the cave, they saw they were in a village of some sort. It didn't--not in the slightest--resemble Azealea.

Where are we? Marth wondered, taking in his surroundings.

"This is Therlea. One of the only cities not yet harmed by the Dark, thanks to the Light's protective spells," Zerick explained.

"Oh."

"But what about Link?" Zelda wondered, breaking her spell of silence.

Zerick merely turned, and stared at him. "I'm afraid that he . . . is no longer on our side."

Marth, almost for a second, sort of . . . recognized Zerick. As though he saw him somewhere before. But that feeling was quickly replaced with sorrow for his Hylian friend.

"Th-That means he's still alive . . . right?" Zelda inquired.

Zerick nodded.

"So we can bring him back!"

"It isn't as easy as you think. Link had the potential to become a Light Warrior. To use his feelings to become a much stronger being."

"Oni Link," Zelda whispered.

"Yes. Once he used the Fierce Diety Mask, he could use his emotions to become the Fierce Diety again. However, there is another power within him. A much darker one."

"Dark Link."

Zerick nodded once again. "And as Dark Link, he is vunerable to the Dark's power. It could easily overtake him."

Zelda choked back a sob. Marth put a reassuring arm around her. "Don't worry," he said softly, once Zerick had gone on ahead. "We'll find him."

Zelda couldn't say anything. She latched onto Marth's chest and cried hard.