Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Faith in Destiny ❯ Faith in Destiny ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Today was the day of a wonderful day for Mary. Mary is a 16-year-old girl who has the gift of arts and music. With hair, that was pure dark brown and with gentle brown eyes, she was childish. She loves sports and is very good at it, too. She has good grades and is very successful. She also joined many clubs so she is a very successful girl. Oh yeah, she loves playing video games and write stories of all sorts of stuff. "Life can be bad, but you have to accept everything that happens to you. Take responsibility and control of your life because it's yours. Even if life is tough, you have to be the one to make the miracles happen. You just need to believe to achieve and you will succeed," Mary would always says to kids who hates life…And it turns out that some of the kids finally found hope to get them going. Anyways, Mary has a great life, but there's only one thing wrong about her life. She doesn't have anyone else, not including her family and friends, to care for her. She means her soul mate, her love, and so on. All right, let just get to the story.

Mary has just finished school, and she feels so happy to have time to rest her soul, she feels sad to say goodbye to some good friends that are going away. The truth is that it was finally summer vacation. Walking back home from school, she decides to talk to some of her goodbye friends. It was now sun setting and she runs to the beach of a small lake to watch the last of the sun for today. She sat in the soft, warm sand as the colors of the sky faded to a gentle, colorful sky. The sunset that was all red, orange, purple, pink, and blue blended together and stretch across the skies, beyond the setting sun. Mary's eyes glisten and she smile for such a wonderful day it has been.

"It's sure going to get lonely and quiet through the vacation…" Mary said to herself.

All of a sudden, some guys grab her and pull her all the way up to a roof of a sky scrapper. Mary was afraid and terrified as the guys held her almost off the edge of the sky scrapper. The leader of the group came from behind one of his troops. There he held a switchblade, ready to do something to Mary. She was so terrified, she screams for help, but a guy put a hand over her mouth and kept her from calling out. With her quick thinking, she bit the hand of the guy and then struggles free. She was stronger than she looked. When she ran towards the door where she and the guys came in from, the leader knocks her over with his elbow, making her fall off the roof. Down she went then suddenly she saw water and…SPASH! Then all she saw was a red flash then she blackens out, which now she became unconscious.

Groaning, Mary wakes up from conciseness, feeling her whole body aching all over. She woke up at the shore of a river. There was daylight shining through a tree above. Her head hurt at the thought of where she was and how she had gotten here. Looking at where she was, the place was all grassy with flowers still blooming. The ground starts shaking at the sound of horse steps and the clinking noise of metal boots of footsteps of men. Mary closes her eyes, hoping she was safe or had wished it were a dream. She hears men screaming and with interest, Mary sat up and opens her gentle, brown eyes at the scene of soldiers charging at each other, slashing through their opponent's flesh as blood flushes out onto their faces. The killing made her feel so sick she was about to throw up and had to put a hand over her mouth so she wouldn't. There came a 16-years old, young, cute boy with auburn, wild hair and eyes so blue. He put his sword in his sheath and ran towards her.

"Miss, you shouldn't be here," said the boy, then turning around, ready for someone to piggyback ride him. "Hop on! Hurry!"

Mary hops on nervously as the boy carries her out to safety, running as fast as he could. Blood spilled all around her, some falling on her and the boy. She couldn't bare the scene she had to place her face on the boy's back. The boy blushes then shaking his head as he continues to run. Finally, he places her far away from the battle.

"Please stay here", the boy said and hurries back to the battlefield.

Confused, Mary narrows her eyes, wishing she were home. Then she looks around and saw some soldiers riding horses running towards the battle as an ambush. She ran as close as she could near the battle and yelled, "There are other soldiers running towards the battle!"

The boy looks up and saw it too.

"Retreat! There are far too much to fight against! We won't be able to defend the next attack!" the boy called out.

All his soldiers ran towards Mary. Frightened, she tries to cover herself, but then the boy lifts her off the ground, running towards a huge castle gate that open for them as they enter.

"Yes! We won the battle!" cries out a soldier.

"We may be victorious now, but still…," said an 18-years old handsome boy with blue hair and with watercolor cerulean eyes.

"Why so upset, prince Marth?" asks a soldier beside him.

"The war hasn't ended and this war is starting to get old. It has now been 2 months and still no changes. This war is too familiar." Marth said, wiping some blood off his cheeks.

There was war between the two kingdoms of Altea and Pharae. Altea wanted to rule over Pharae so they made a contract of permission to be the rulers of the Pharae kingdom. Pharae had refused to sign it and so there became war.

"Marth..." said a girl solider, riding on her winged horse. This girl has light blue hair and light blue eyes.

"Don't worry about what I just said, okay Sheida?" Marth told Sheida.

"Hai..." she replies.

"Let's return, troops!" calls out Marth.

Marth and his troops were now inside of Altea. Marth was standing, starring at the lively sky, full of colors. It was the sunset. An old man came and taps on Marth's shoulder with his cane.

"Great job, Price Marth! Another victory for us Altean! Those Pharaens will never over come the dark barrier we cast," He said.

"Dallas...You maybe old and wise, but we still haven't won the war. Don't you get it? We may be the winners now, but the Phareans still won against us at times...so many of our soldiers' lives was lost because of this war," Marth said, looking upset.

"Marth...You're the one who don't get it. Anyways, I've received some information from Toto. He's the spy of Pharea and the news he gets are always interesting. He..." Dallas was about to say.

"Forget him. I'm not in any interest in Toto's or any other people's information. Never trust anyone for there is betrayers in the world," Marth replies.

"You never trust anyone, Marth. Not even me, the old, legendary great knight, Dallas," Dallas replies.

"Well...When it comes to war, you have to trust no one, but yourself," Marth said coldly.

Sitting on a relaxing sofa, Mary was looking towards the floor, hoping this was some kind of weird dream. The boy came towards her and his eyes widen.

"You aren't from here, huh?" he said.

"No…I don't remember how I got here." Mary said, feeling her head aching again.

The boy noticed Mary's distress and sat next to her and said, "Forget what I just said. So…What is your name?"

She looks at him, unease. Then she turns away from him, saying," I don't tell my name to strangers…"

"Well, suits yourself. I guess I'll just call you girl. How does that sound, girl?" he said, trying to tease her.

"All right, you win. My name is Mary. Nice to meet you", she introduce herself.

"Roy Titris, commander of Pharae's principality, son of Lord Eliwood", Roy said, smiling gently.

"Eh! Commander!?!" She said in surprise.

"Yep," Roy replies.

"S-s-sumimasin! I didn't know! I shouldn't have been so rude, Lord Roy," Mary said, embarrass as she blushes bright red.

"Just Roy would be fine," Roy said, gently.

"Is there a place where I can take a good bath?" She asks. "All this blood over me really makes me feel dirty."

"I know I need to, too, but it's dark and the water in the bathroom is super cold. You'll probably catch a cold if you would go. You know, why can't the king just order the water people to warm up the bath house at night also?"

"I know! Kings and their stupid rules..." Mary said, forming a hand into a fist.

"Well, he's is the one who makes the rules and commands it all," Roy said and sighs.

"Who cares because that is one stupid king. Any ways, Roy, I'm tired. Where can I get some sleep?" Mary yawns.

"Let's see, not the hotel. That's excessively far. The guess room is taken and the soldier's room…The beds are all taken." Roy said, looking up. Then he turns to look at her, grinning. "I guess I have to sneak you in my room. That's the only possible place."

"Do you have two beds?" Mary asks.

"Uh…No…Oh! Well, I guess you have to sleep next to me, huh?" Roy said, looking embarrass.

"But…I guess it will do. Just don't try any stupid tricks, alright?" Mary said.

"That'll be fine." He smiles. He stands up and said, "Okay, so let's get going"

Roy and Mary went to his room, trying to be sneaky. They were close from being caught, here and there. Finally, they arrive to his room.

Roy lights a candle and it shown a little of the room. The candle didn't help much. The moonlight did all the lighting. Roy kicks his boots off, took off his cape and shirt, and ran towards the bed and jumps on it, excitedly. Now he was laying on it. The moon gleam on his hairless chest as his eyes glitter as he looks at the starry sky with the round, beautiful moon. He smiles at the sight of the beautiful world. Mary walks up and said, "Move over, Roy".

Therefore, he did and they both lay there, far apart from each other, until they drift off to sleep.

* * *

It was the very next morning and Mary has woken from her sleep. She looks out the window, knowing this was no dream. She felt home sick, which made a tear fall out her eye. The sun hasn't even shown itself yet, but the colors of the sky were as beautiful as ever. Orange of all kinds stretched across the sky. Mary looks at Roy (his backside) who sounds asleep, not making a noise. She jumps off the bed, quietly, and tip toes to the other side where Roy's face was facing. He was…Smiling? Mary was curious about what was going on in that boy's head. Mary walks away to the candle and blew it out. Roy opens his eyes, slightly, and closes his eyes, pretending to sound asleep. Of course, she didn't know he was awake. She sat on a chair beside the table. She was thinking to herself how she had gotten here in the first place. Then her head starts to ache again from that thought. Suddenly, the door slams open and a cute, young boy about Roy's age came in. He had chrism gentle eyes, dark, brown, neat hair, and looked skinny yet strong.

"Roy!" He said, demanding. Roy groans at him. Now the boy looks mad. "Roy, you lazy bum, its morning! Get up! I have very interesting news for you about the next attack of Altea."

Roy lazily sat up, pretending he was really tired, and said, "What is it this time, Toyo." Then he yawns, stretching his arms up into the air.

Toyo clears his throat then said, "Altea is going to do a frontal attack today. I received this information from the underground informers."

"Shoot! We need a plan, fast! Toyo, go and get ready for battle. Gather up the Union and get them ready! Hurry!" Roy commands. Toyo nods and left quickly. Roy turns towards Mary and smiles. "You're lucky you weren't spotted."

"I thought I was spotted, but I guess I was wrong" Mary slightly smiles.

"C'mon, let's get ourselves washed." Roy said gently.

"Hai!" She replies.

After Mary and Roy took a bath, Roy went straight to his troops and Mary follows. They arrive at the surprised, loud soldiers. Then the soldiers quiet down as Roy was to be seen. There, in the front, stood Toyo. Roy went and sat down on his formal chair.

"What is it this time, huh kid Roy! Finally picked up a girl!" said a soldier and laughs. The rest start to laugh, too. This soldier had a bit of a white-mint hair color and had strong, green eyes. He seems to be humorous and a good looking guy about the age of 20.

Roy, blushing, said in a mature voice, "The first thing is that I'm not a kid! Second thing is that she happens to be lost and does not belong here. You guys got that?"

"Of course, Commander Roy. We wouldn't want you to get in trouble with your father!" the solider replies as he laughs and so did the others.

"Certainly not! How rude can knights be to their leader? That is not knight quality!" Toyo said in a loud, strong voice. All of the soldiers quiet down. Roy smiles at Toyo. Toyo smiles back.

"Commander Roy, how are we going to defeat the Alteas? There's no way to win with our defense and our security so low." A female soldier said with worry.

"With hope…We'll win no matter what!" Roy replies, bouncing onto his feet, his hand in a form of a fist.

"The kid got spirit." Said the knight who always seems to make everyone laugh.

"For the last time, Geo, I'm not a kid!" Roy snaps.

"Ha ha ha! What ever, Commander Roy," Geo replies.

"Enough of the calling of commander. Just call me Roy." Roy said.

"Uh, Roy, where am I going in the battle?" Mary asks Roy.

"You're staying with me. You can help me out like last time. I'll make sure you're not going to be the one who gets hurt. Besides, you can't stay here all alone. If my dad finds you, I'm in some real major trouble." Roy replies, both of his hands behind his head. She nods.

"Let's head out, troops!" Marth calls out.

All the soldiers riding on horses start riding out the front gate of Altea. Marth was in the front on his white stallion.

As they enter the forest that surrounds Pharea, Marth had a very strange feeling that tingles up his spine. When they arrive at the front of Pharea, Marth stops and see only the front gate close and nothing else. No soldiers. No nothing. `This is weird. Way too weird' Marth thought to himself.

Suddenly, their opponents pop out and attack his troops on their horses. One knocks Marth off his white stallion and attacks. Marth slashed through his enemy like he was nothing. His enemy's blood spurts onto his face. Two other attack then suddenly over ten attacks!

"Regroup and retreat!" Marth yelled, countering all his opponents' attacks, but there was too many for him to defend himself. He was knock on the head, seeing the world fade to blackness.

There stood two enemies in front of Roy. Roy and Mary were nearly at the edge of the cliff. The two enemies attack at the same time, making it hard for Roy to balance himself so he wouldn't fall. Mary, who was behind him, unexpectedly kicks a soldier that attacked Roy and he flew…Pretty far. Roy's eyes flamed and he attack with fire, making his opponent hover through the air and hits the tree. Unexpectedly, the other attacks Roy and made him went falling off the cliff, his blood shedding in the air. Mary tries to save him, but the soldier grabs her, making it a failure. Roy hit the trees from below, scrapping himself, and landed, breathless. The world twirls around as Roy try to glance, but suddenly found himself in blackness.

"Roy!" Mary screams. She stomps the soldier's toes, struggles free, and ran away. The soldier knocks her as she, herself, fell off the cliff and then, oddly, lands safely.

Seeing Roy from the distance, behind many trees, Mary ran towards him as fast as she could. Arriving beside him, Roy looks totally terrible, but he was still alive.

"Roy…Oh no." Mary closes her eyes, slightly as she kneels beside him. Then she opens her eyes slightly and touches his cheek, which felt warm and lively. She lifts Roy's upper body and lays him on her lap, some blood leaking onto her. She then strokes his hair back gently, feeling so terrible for him. "Roy, I feel just awful."

Roy didn't dare to open his eyes or say a word. All he did was breathe strongly every breath. His body was cover in wet blood and yet he was still alive. Then suddenly, she heard footsteps behind her. Her eyes widen and she turns around to see who it was. There stood a man with blue cerulean eyes with silky blue hair, looking very surprise. Mary was very surprise and scared at the same time as he approaches her. Her eyes narrows, mischievously, and she frowns at him. His eyes spots Roy covered in blood.

"He needs healing fast!" he said urgently. "Go and get some water over at that river, girl!" He hands Mary a little, metal bowl. "Hurry!"

"Hai!" she replied immediately and left to go get some water. After all, Roy did help her.

As Mary came to return the water, the man had taken Roy's cape, armor, and shirt off. He also had his cape and armor off. He has just made a fire. Then he took the pot of water off of her hands and put it over the fire. In a bit, he dips a bit of his cape in the water and started to cleanse Roy's wounds. Mary sat there, praying for Roy. The night lasted long and a couple of hours later, he did an amazing thing. Light glowed from his hands as he places his hands on Roy's wounds. The wounds were HEALING! Mary watches carefully and examines his hands. `Probably a healing spell, but how?' Mary thought to herself. When the handsome man finishes, Mary finally said something.

"Is he going to be okay?" she questions.

"Hai. You were lucky his wounds weren't severely hurt, and it was a good thing you let him lay on your lap like that, it helped. The big wound is to worry about, but it should be healed in the morning. And the scratches, it should heal on its own," The man replies.

Mary sighs in relief. "Arigato…So…What's your name?"

The man handsomely smiles, his cerulean eyes gleaming. "Marth."

"I'm Mary and arigato again for saving Roy." she blushes and looks away.

"Iie." Marth replies.

Mary and Marth sat next to each other, close, and near the fire to keep warm. The night felt like forever for Mary and by the time she turn to look at Marth, he was laying on the ground, sleeping. Roy was still unconscious. Then Mary stares at Marth, feeling warm at the thought of him. Marth opens his eyes gently, meeting Mary's.

"Can't get any sleep?" he questions with a small smile.

Mary shook her head, looking back at the fire so he couldn't see her blush.

His eyes glowed from the fire and moon light and he said gently, "Come here, I'll keep you warm."

She blushes very red and then he pulls her down next to him. `Yes indeed, Marth was very warm' Mary said in her head. She closes her eyes feeling safe and warm with his arms around her. Right after she laid her head against Marth's chest, she dozes off to sleep immediately.

* * *

Hearing birds singing, Mary woke up, sort of daze. She had Marth's cape over her. Blushing, she sat up, relieve to see Roy was all right. Roy had just woken up himself, but he was still hurt so he didn't really do anything but sit up. The wounds on Roy had stop bleeding. Mary glances around, looking for Marth, and there was Marth with his head sticking in the water. `Probably lost in his own thoughts' she thought to herself. Turning her head towards Roy, Mary greeted, "Ohayo, Roy-kun!"

He looks towards her, half daze, and greets back, "Ohayo, Mary-chan." Then Roy smiles, which made him look so childish that Mary had to giggle. Roy's eyes widen, "Nani?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just that you just looked so little…Um…Cute," she replies and smiles back.

Marth walks back and greets them both. "Ohayo, Mary-chan. Ohayo, Roy-kun."

"Ohayo, Marth-san." Mary greets back.

"Uh, Mr. Marth or whatever is your name…Eh…How'd you know my name?" Roy questions.

"Mary told me, right?" Marth looks at her and winks.

"Hai!" Mary answers with a big smile on her face.

"Marth, right?" Roy questions.

"Course, you idiot," He replies, coldly.

"Eh?" Mary said in confusion. `Marth isn't cold…Is he?' she thought to herself.

"Ur, I mean…Uh…yeah," Marth corrects himself. Then he looks at Mary and she was smiling. Marth then smiles attractively with his cerulean eyes gleaming like an angel of the sky.

"Um, Roy, go put your shirt back on," Mary asks, embarrass.

"Heh heh heh…" Roy looks red and grabs his shirt and puts it on.

After that morning, Mary, Marth, and Roy went to journey out in the forest. The truth was that they were actually lost and hadn't had anything to eat at all. Marth was leading them and all they did was follow the river, hoping to find some people, but still no luck. The seconds turn to minuets as minuets turn to hours as the hours turn to day. All they ever heard was the rushing river, the animals yelling or moving, and Roy's complaints.

"Marth, I'm really hungry! I'm for real!" Roy complains. "If I don't get anything to eat, I'll starve to death!"

"Roy! Shut your trap all ready! We don't have the time to worry about that, you idiot!" Marth yells at Roy. "Besides, there's a spring that should be around here."

"Is there food?" Roy asks quickly.

"I don't know," Marth replies.

"Then why you bring it up! That was SO out of the context."

"Just sock it, okay? Well, to tell you the truth, I'm tired and I need some rest."

"Hmmm…" Roy's tummy growl so loud, it sounded like someone with a lot of gas. "Ugh…I'm really hungry…"

"Roy, you know that if you think of something else than your hunger, then you wouldn't feel so hungry," Mary tells Roy.

"I'll try." Roy replies. He focuses on water, but he imagines he saw sakana so he decides to focus on Mary, who seems to wear very odd clothing from him and Marth. Some odd blue wears on for the legs (jeans), a weird pink, top wear (thin, no sleeves, summer wear, turtle neck), odd feet wears (tennis shoes) with an odd pendent (her ring necklace). "Mary, you wear so strange. What kind a style is it? (Girls these days wear so odd. A fancy dress is more normal, or at least some battle clothes.)"

"What's it to you? I wear perfectly normal, but well, you guys wear so…Strange. Capes, armor, and everything is Med Evil Times or something from a fantasy," Mary replies.

"I don't wear odd," Roy said back.

"Well, to me."

"You're the one that wears weird."

"No, you!"

"No, you!"

"No, you!"

"No, you!"

"No, you!"

"No, you!"

"Enough all ready, okay. You kids are getting me a headache. Any ways, we're here." Marth said.

"Yay!" Roy said excitedly. He kicks off his boots and dips one of his toes in and shivers. "Burr. Cold."

"What'd you expect? A hot spring?" Marth replies.

"Hmp! I'm not going in! It's freak'n cold! I bet I'll catch a cold of I go!" Roy complains and turns his head away, violently, with his arms crossed.

"Spoiled little brat..." Marth mumbles to himself.

Then suddenly, Mary purposely bumps Roy and he falls into the cold spring. Mary laughs out loud. Marth smiles and giggles a little.

"Burr!" Roy shivers. "Now my clothes are wet! Just great!"

"I'll wash them." Mary replies. "Both you boys go wash yourselves first. I'll wash your clothes so don't go stripping…"

Marth had already begun taking off his clothes right IN FRONT of ROY and MARY! Then they both turn away and faced the trees, Roy with a chrism line across his face as for Mary, she almost went very red and almost fainted. `Oh my goodness! Is this really happening!' Mary thought to herself. She peep a little, seeing that butt naked Marth walking towards her and she looks back at the trees, standing straight.

"Hey, Mary?" Marth said. He was right behind her and she could feel his warmth on her back. She reddens more. "Hey Mary!"

"H-H-Hai!" Mary replies, blushing so red she felt like she was going to faint.

"Here are my clothes." Marth said. "Well, I'll just set them here" Marth place his clothes on the ground and then he said something else. "Oh, and that Roy. He's drowning."

"Huh!" Mary turning towards Roy, seeing him, sinking in the spring with bubbles popping above his head. "Oh no, you baka! Roy!"

"I don't believe Roy is dead. This would have never happened if Geo and the others did not take their eyes off him." Toyo said in anger.

"Hey, Toy, sorry, but a knight has his own opponents and can't defend anyone else or he's the dead one." Geo replies. Everyone agreed.

"Then we mustn't let Boltz hear any of this. He'll be even more upset than me," Toyo said and pauses. "I would suggest we find his corpse to prove he is dead, but if Roy was here, he would want us to be strong and defend Pharae. After all, we'll never know when Altea is attacking so maybe a 5 group people should go and look for him. The rest shall stay and defend for Pharea." Toyo suggests.

"Hai, Toy! Great idea!" Geo replies.

"Alright so Geo, Lance, Anna, Grace, and I will come to search for Roy. The rest of you, prepare for any frontal attacks. Keep our defense up and Allen, you're in charge of the Union. Do not fail this mission, Allen," Toyo commands.

"Hai!" Allen replies.

"As for you others?" Toyo said.

"Hai!" all the warriors reply.

"And at all cost, do not, and I repeat, do not mention Roy's disappearance to Wolt. Do you get me?" Toyo said in a commander's voice.

"Hai!" all the warriors reply.

"Marth! Prince Marth!" Sheida yells. "Where are you!?" Sheida flew over the forest, not losing hope on looking for Marth. She flew lower, closer by the trees of the forest. "Marth!" she screams again.

Mary jumps into the water and pulls Roy out. Then she did CPR on Roy. First, giving him air and then pressing his chest down and did it over and over and over. Right when Mary puts her mouth back on Roy's, he coughs right in her mouth and she was pretty mad. Roy awakens and finds to see that Mary was rage. A little sweat went down his side of his face.

"H-H-How dare you cough in m-m-my MOUTH!" Mary yells at Roy.

"Eh...Mary, I can explain! I-I didn't mean to! I fainted because that Marth was BUTT NAKED! I-I-I'm so sorry," Roy pleases.

"M-M-Marth is the same gender as you! I-I was the one who's suppose to faint!" Mary replies.

Roy made an angry face.

"Uh, you kids..." Marth says.

Mary and Roy looks at Marth, both made an eye, and then Mary's eyes widen and she looks down trying not to see Marth. Her face turn so red, she went off balance, but caught it by waking back up.

"Marth! Get into the spring all ready!" Mary said, looking away, blushing real good.

Roy then kicks Marth right in the butt and he went sailing into the water. Then Roy took his shirt and his pant off and went diving in the water. Then he swims to a rock, went behind it, and leans on it. Marth follows and leans at the other side. Mary turns away, blushing and thinking `those guys don't even care if I'm here, almost seeing them butt naked!' Trying not to look at the boys, she picks up their clothes and ran towards down stream, facing away from them when she arrives. She started to wash the clothes, even if it looks a bit cleaner than it is just with a bit of blood. After she finishes, she did her best to squeeze all the water out and hangs it to dry. Mary did a great job because it dried and everything when the boys finish their bath. It was her turn now.

"Okay. (Sigh) You boys better not peep at me! I warn you!" Mary told them both.

"I won't, but I don't know about that Marth. He's kind of odd," Roy said.

Marth and Roy were behind a bush, facing the inner forest and of course away from the spring. Mary took off her shoes and looks at the water. It was sure clean. Then she went to the boys and said, "Hey, Marth?"

"Nani?" Marth replies.

"Can I borrow your cape," Mary smiles brightly.

"Hai," and Marth took off his cape and handed it to her.

"Arigato, Marth. You're so kind," she said back and walks towards the spring.

"Man, you must be Mary's favorite or you just have the looks and know how to treat a girl," Roy told Marth.

"Iie. Mary likes us both. Of course she likes you better because there is a saying. `If you argue with someone that means you really care about that person.' Heh heh...A little thing I picked up from a story called Poke' Mon. Kind of weird, huh?" Marth simply replies.

"Hmm...I don't believe you. She obviously likes you better because she treats you better and all. Forget it. I don't want to argue with you." Roy said, so simple and clean. Then he turns away so he wouldn't see Marth.

"Guess you don't really care about me. You're so funny at times, Roy" Marth suggests and giggles.

Mary jumps in the water with her clothes on. Then she took her clothes off and began to wash them. Now, she was finish washing her clothes and herself and swam to land and grabs Marth's cape. She then wraps it around her and jumps out the cold water. Hanging her clothes up to dry, she said, "You know Marth. The cape is really warm and soft. I like it."

"It's my favorite. I like it that way, too." Marth replies, smiling.

"Whatever," Roy said in his childish way. Mary giggles at Roy's childish act. Then Roy's eyes widen and said, cutely, "Stop it."

"Gomen, Roy. You just sound so cute. I can't help it," Mary replies.

"Can we get up now? My legs are sleeping." Roy complains.

"Hai, dozo." Mary replies.

"Finally." Roy says and sighs. As Roy stood up, Roy scolds, "Marth!"

"Nani?" Marth replies. He had his arms around Mary's hip, his side face against hers. Of course she was blushing as red as a rose.

Roy turns away, saying, "Lovers. Um...I'm going to catch some sakana for lunch if there is any." Roy's stomach growls loudly. "Well, you know why." Then Roy went to the river and took is sword out, Sword of Seals, and lifted right over the water, waiting to strike a sakana any time. If you don't know yet, sakana means fish.

It was night fall and Mary, who had her clothes on now, Roy, who finally caught some sakana about the size of his fingers put together, and Marth, who seems to have a funny feeling, his eyes narrow, gazing in the fire which made his eyes glitter. Mary was cooking the sakana over the fire while Roy was watching how yummy and juicy the fish looks, drooling. Marth looks at Mary, roasting the sakana, and then he went up towards her and lays his head on her back with his arms around her. All of a sudden, the bush behind them shook. Roy freaks out and took out his Sword of Seals, ready to strike the monster at any moment. There came out Sheida, who looks so surprise about something. Roy almost hit her, but suddenly realizes it was just another crazy girl.

"Pr-Pr-Prince Marth! What are you doing to that girl?" Sheida commands.

"Who are you?" Roy asks.

Sheida turns towards Roy, saying, "I'm a princess named Sheida and I'm not telling where." Then she turns towards Marth, yelling, "Marth! Let her go instantly! I can't stand it when you do that!" Marth lets go of Mary, looking surprise that Sheida was here.

"Kom ban wa, Sheida? W-w-why are you here?" Marth questions.

"I was told to look for you...Well...I was, but the truth is why I did was because...Because...Err!" Sheida turns away. Then she said in a mad yet sad voice, "You wouldn't understand, Marth! You wouldn't!" Then fell on her knees with her hands over her face, crying. Marth went up to her and places his hand on her shoulder. Sheida then collapse into Marth's arms, crying really hard now. Marth wraps his arms around Sheida with his eyes narrow.

Mary felt her stomach twists, feeling sadness. She looks down at the sakana with a tear falling out her eyes. Roy saw her sadness and then said, worried, "Are you okay, Mary? I thought I saw a tear fall down."

"(Sniff)...Yeah. Dust just flew into my eyes," She replies, trying to hide her sadness away. She wipes off the tear from her face and faces Roy, smiling happily.

"Heh, I guess you are. No need to worry," Roy said, smiling back.

It was night and Mary lay there, sleepless. She turns her head to her right and saw Roy facing away from her, sounding sleeping. She turns her head the other way seeing Marth facing away, fast asleep. Then she gazes back up at the starry sky, so beautiful and sparkling with life. Tears roll down her cheek, her eyes so watery. Mary whispers, "I didn't know you had another, Marth. You took my heart away and now it's...Marth...I...I..."

"You okay? Your eyes are sort of watery." Roy said, worried. His eyes were nearly close.

"It's all right. I just miss my home." She replies.

"I miss my home...I even bet Marth do, too, even if he is a type of guy who seems to never trust guys. Just girls, but everyone misses their home wherever they are. They just don't feel it yet. The truth about everyone is that they all search for a place to call home. We humans just keep on searching and searching, even when we're sleeping. Don't cry Mary. Be strong, like Marth and me. I know I want to cry as loud as a baby right now, but if I do, I'm not strong at all. You have to be strong so that nothing can over come you and if you're weak, anything can over come you. Just be strong, Mary. If you cry too much, anyone can take advantage of you. You get what I mean?" Roy told Mary.

"Hai...Arigato, Roy. You made me feel better," She said.

"Iie," Roy replies and smiles. "Now stop crying and get some sleep now. We're going to be walking for quite a long distance in quite a long time." Roy turns away, going to sleep now.

Mary smiles back, feeling so much better now. She went closer to Roy and tip her head on Roy's back, making him blush bright red.

"Roy..." Mary said softly while smiling. Then she closes her eyes and drifts to sleep.

* * *

It was next morning and Mary woke up from Roy's loud, kiddy, voice.

"Wake up, Mary! We're going to leave you behind!" Roy yells.

Mary sat up immediately. "Ohayo, Roy-kun. I must have over slept." She turns towards Roy, her eyes widen.

"What? Does Sheida know how to get back? Iie. She got herself lost...How stupid can girls be..." Roy looks at Mary's face, full with anger. "Uh, I mean not including you. Heh heh..." Roy said and rubs the back of his head, embarrass.

Marth ran up to Roy and Mary and greeted, "Ohayo, Mary-chan. Ohayo, Roy-kun."

"Ohayo, Marth-san. Gomen...I kind of over slept, huh?" Mary replies.

"It's okay. Don't worry about you over sleeping. It's totally fine with me," Marth said in a gentle, quiet voice.

"Hey! Are we leaving or not! Come on Marth! Let's go!" Shieda complains.

"H-Hai!" Marth replies.

"Wow! What a pushy girl," Roy said.

"What did you say, little boy!" Sheida said, giving Roy an evil look.

"I'm not a little boy!" Roy yells.

"What ever!" Sheida said in a sassy voice.

"Come on, Shieda. Let's just start traveling." Marth said in a calming voice.

"Hai!" Sheida replies with a soft voice. She went up to her winged horse, pure white. The winged horse was nibbling on the grass until Sheida hops on it. "Alright. I'll fly above."

"Hai," Marth replies.

* * *

Days and Days had past and still there was no sign of communication with humans. Roy was ahead of Marth and Mary, walking in an old trail that was not used for a long time. All of a sudden, Roy's leg was stuck in the ground. Shock, Marth and Mary tried to pull Roy's leg up, but there was no use. His leg just wouldn't budge. Mary took one step ahead of Roy then the ground collapse. Roy fell down first, followed by Mary, and Marth, who caught his fall when he landed. Mary caught her fall because she happens to land on Roy. Roy, who was squish, notices that Mary was cut on her right leg.

"Mary! Are you alright? Your leg...It's bleeding," Roy told Mary, worried.

"Huh?" Mary said in confusion. She looks down at her bleeding leg. Her eyes widen and then said, "It hurts a lot. I don't know how I got it."

"Probably from a sharpen rock," Marth replies.

"Probably..." Mary replies. Marth, then, picks up Mary so that Roy could stand up. Marth held Mary close as though something bad would happen to them that would separate them.

Sheida flew by over the trap hole. "You guys alright?" She asks. "Must have been made by some poachers. We'll have to be careful the next time. I'll try to get you guys out as quick as I can."

"Then hurry, Sheida," replies Marth.

Then they heard some footsteps that headed their way. Sheida probably spotted the poachers and flew up into the sky, disappearing out of thin air. The poachers arrive, looking like pirates, looking for treasure, in a fairy tale book. There were probably about 4-5 poachers or so. They giggle at each other and then some lady came in, wearing like a slut. She had blond hair, sexy body, and sexy, purple eyes. Of course, she did look like some scary, freaky lady if she was at Mary's home place. Then she said, "Take them away! Put them in separate cages and take their weapons away so they can't get out or back fire us."

"Hai!" said the five poachers. She was probably the leader of the poacher group or probably because she was the only girl in the group and they probably spoiled her, too.

"We have to..." Marth was about to say.

Then all of a sudden, the poachers jumps down at Marth, Mary, and Roy, grabbing Mary and Marth first. One held Roy so he wouldn't back up Mary and Marth. The other two tried to separate Mary and Marth, but Marth just wouldn't let her go. Finally, another had to KO Marth, which he faints, and the other two separates them and place them in their own cage. The one, who held Roy, jumps up with him and place him in his own cage. Then all five, separately, place them in one cargo wagon, pulled by mules. Then the five poachers went to the front of the wagon and hops on. The leader, then, came to front and hops on wagon and then the mules starts to pull the wagon. There were several other cargo wagons that were being pulled by mules.

It was nearly midnight and Mary lies there, gazing at the stars and the full moon. She turns towards Roy, on her left leg, and stares. His eyes were close and he was fast asleep. `I can't take it anymore. Too many things had been happening to me way to fast. I don't want to be alone. I wish I was at home, in my bed, sleeping. Back home, I have nothing to worry about, but why do I have to be the one who goes through this.' Mary thought to herself. Tears fell down Mary's cheek, but she didn't dare to wipe them off. `I miss my family and friends so much...' Her eyes narrow to sorrow and felt cold. She folds her hands and lowers her head down, praying.

"Mary...Don't cry. Everything will be okay. Nothing's going to happen to you," Roy said in a gentle, warming voice. He scoots as near as he can towards Mary and brushes away her tears. "Everything is going to be alright."

Mary then held his hand against her cheeks, feeling his warmth that told her that she wasn't alone...that Roy was right there with her...right by her side. She, then, held his hand tighter, saying in a soft and quiet voice, "Roy...Will...will...will you stay by my side? I don't want to be alone. Ever..." Her eyes became watery as tears roll down her cheeks. She felt as though hope was lost.

"Always..." Roy replies in a gentle voice. He lifts Mary's chin and gaze into her eyes that were full of tears. "I promise...I promise I'll protect you. I promise I'll always remain at your side...Forever," Roy's eyes were determined.

Her eyes gleam from the moonlight. She closes her eyes, feeling that someone was able to be there for her. "Roy...Arigato..." she says gently and soon fell asleep.

* * *

Mary awoke from her sleep, gazing at Roy, who was sleeping like a child. She smiles gently and gazes at the graceful, fluffy clouds. `We have to find a way to get out of here,' she thought to herself. Then she sat up, feeling that hope was by their side. Marth gain conscious and starts to stretch.

"Ohayo, Mary-chan. Oh, my. I'm in a cage," Marth said in an odd voice.

"Hai...You are," Mary said to Marth.

Roy yawns and then slowly sat up, feeling tired and dazed. Roy's eyes widen and he asks, "How are we going to get out without our weapons?"

"I don't know..." Mary answers.

"How dumb are poachers?" Marth suddenly said. Roy and Mary stares at Marth in a confused look. "Look at that. Our weapons are only three inches away from us. They are so careless, but you can't expect much from poachers like them."

"Oh," Mary and Roy said at the same time.

Marth and Roy grab their swords and cut open the cage. The poachers turn around and notice that Marth and Roy were free. The mules and wagons stops and all the poachers came to attack Marth and Roy. Mary was still in her cage with her injured right leg. Sheida flew in and attack from the above, being one with her winged horse. Marth was countering all the poachers' attacks with his fist while Roy threw some power punches and kicks. As you can see, Marth, Roy, and Sheida did not want to kill, especially in front of Mary, for it will make her sick to see men getting slaughtered. Even if Roy, Marth, and Sheida seem to be outnumbered and only threw some punches and kicks, they did pretty well and the poachers were losing.

More and more poachers approach and now Marth and Roy were losing. Marth jumps on Sheida's winged horse and flees away. Roy seems to be pretty darn mad about Marth abandoning him and Mary. Roy drew his sword out of his sheath and slashes Mary's cage open. Then moving quickly, Roy lifts Mary up and jumps over the poachers and escape the bind of the poachers. Most of the poachers were too weak to run after Roy so the remaining poachers who could, ran after Roy.

Every time one poacher would catch up to Roy, Roy would kick the poacher's weak spot, who will then fall down, rolling, holding his you-know-what. Soon, there was about 3-4 poachers left, still running after Roy. Smartly, the poachers surround Roy and went charging at Roy. Quickly thinking, Roy jumps high in the air, making all the poachers charging into each other. They all were KO. Roy lands on them and jumps off them and ran away, not turning to look if they were going to get up and start to chase him again. Finally, they met up with Marth and Sheida, who were waiting for their arrival.

"How dare you leave us behind!" Roy scolds at Marth angrily.

"Well, I knew you would be able to get out of the poacher thing," Marth replies.

"Of course, unless you are a novice," Sheida teas and laughs out loud.

Roy puffs up his cheeks and made a glare at both Sheida and Marth. Mary sighs, shaking her head and then asks, "So, Roy...Are you going to put me down or what?"

"A...Oh yeah..." Roy said, embarrass. "But your leg...Does it still sting or can you walk on it?"

"I'll just hop on my left leg," Mary answers.

"I'm okay with carrying you. Even if you don't look like you weigh a lot, you sure do weigh a lot. How much do you weigh?" Roy questions.

"Uh...129 pounds is about how much I weigh. I know I weigh a lot, but it's not fat, it's muscles." Mary answers.

"Wow. I weigh 144 pounds...Well, guys weigh a lot more than girls, unless you're talking about Marth", Roy jokes.

"Hey!" Marth yells.

"I only weigh 106 pounds. You weigh a lot, little girl, for a girl your age," Sheida said.

"Let's cut the weight thing," Marth said, his arms crossed, trying to look cool.

"But, I'll carry you. You don't feel like you weigh a lot to me. Besides, I don't want you to get hurt," Roy said, smiling.

"Uh...Are you forgetting something?" Marth says.

"What?" Roy replies.

"Sheida and I can heal," Marth answers.

"It takes too long. Let's go to some place safer and then you or Sheida can do your thing," Roy replies.

"My kingdom is just ahead of us," Sheida said.

"What!? Why didn't you tell us that in the first place!?" Roy questions.

"You talk too much," Sheida replies.

"Well, let's get going before those crazy poachers come", Marth said with enthusiasm.

* * *

Two days has passed and finally they arrived at Sheida's kingdom called, Talis. After they inter the walls of the castle and into the castle itself, there was the king, sleeping on his royal chair. Marth rolled his eyes, thinking how stupid the king made himself look stupid. Sheida was so embarrass because the king was her father.

"Father! Why do you always sleep when I'm not here!?" Sheida yells at the king.

The king groans and then he woke up. Then he said to Sheida, "My dear daughter, you're just like your mother." The king's eyes widen at the surprise of guests, "Oh my! I am dearly sorry for sleeping on you. For you are our guests so make yourselves at home. Please stay for the ball and that will be when we will talk, young Price Marth and you other kids. Please look your best at the ball. We are celebrating The Holy Day so you kids have arrived in such a lucky day."

The king left to go somewhere and so Marth, Mary, Roy, and Sheida went to the guest room. Marth healed Mary's leg and Roy laid on one of the beds, thinking, wishing he was at home. Mary's leg was healed and so Sheida took her to her room to find something good to wear for herself and Mary.

The arrival to Sheida's room was not long, but not short either. Well, her room was both girly and boyish so you can say she is a normal person for a princess. Sheida went to the closet and opens the door. Mary was amaze to see Sheida had so many pairs of clothes. Looking here and there, she examines her dresses carefully, thinking which one will suit Mary best. Then Sheida finally picks out a beautiful, white dress with lovely, red and white roses. She then gave it to Mary.

"It's too little for me now, but I think it will fit you. Hmm...Now what should I wear..." Sheida says and sighs.

Mary went into a mini dressing room and change there. `Sheida is right. It fits me perfectly and looks very pretty on me, too' Mary thought to herself. Mary came out of the dressing room. Sheida had just taken out a baby blue dress that looks really cute. Then Sheida turns to see Mary, all dressed up. Then Sheida said, "Wow! You look like a young lady. Maybe I might have underestimated your looks. I guess I'll tell you something good."

"What is it?" Mary questions.

"Roy would just love it on you," Sheida teases.

"Huh!?" Mary blushes for a moment then says, "I only care about that Roy. That's all. Nothing personal. But I don't know how I feel about Marth..." Mary's thoughts became of Marth.

"Well, stay away from him because he's mine and I'll be the first person to ask him to dance with me." Sheida said, slickly.

"Wow...You and Marth...I can't imagine because you two don't make the cutest couples," Mary replies in a teasing voice. "Marth and I are the cuter couple."

"Whatever, because you still got that little boy, Roy," Sheida said.

Sheida then went to the dressing room and change. Right when she came out, a maid opens the door to Sheida's room and says, "Excuse me, Princess Sheida, Lady Mary, they await."

As they enter the ball room, there was the king, Marth, and Roy, having a little conversation. There were some others, but they were just sitting there. Then Marth looks up then the other two did. They all look amaze and had gleaming eyes.

"My beautiful daughter is so beautiful, just like her mother," The king said, almost crying.

"You both look so beautiful tonight," Marth said gently and smiles handsomely.

Roy didn't or just couldn't say anything so he just stares in a amuse look.

It had been some hours now and there were many people, ages 14 and up. Music was professionally played, like in the old days, and all the couples starts to dance on the dance floor while the singles try to find someone to dance with or probably eating because it's first come, first serve. Sheida eyes widen and Mary notice what she was thinking because she was thinking of the same. The two girls eyed each other and then face Marth and made a proper run for him. All of a sudden, a girl, who is one of those single people, came up to him and asked him to dance with her. This made both Mary and Sheida angry, but Mary would just cool off and leave while Sheida, who was now very jealous, was staring at Marth, not taking her eyes off him. Since Marth was taken, Mary walks towards Roy. `If Marth is taken, there's always Roy. Besides, Roy is a lot better than any other, strange guys,' Mary thought to herself as she approaches Roy, who was standing there like an idiot would, drinking some liquor. The expression of Roy's face shows how much he dislikes the liquor, but it was the only thing to drink.

"Kom ban wa, Roy-kun," Mary greets and smiles cutely.

"Kom ban wa, Mary-chan. I can't believe they don't serve water!" Roy complains. "I mean, liquor is just not me and it taste disgusting. Actually, it tastes like medicine."

"I rather have some punch," Mary said.

"You want a punch? Why do you want to get hit?" Roy questions.

"Huh? Oh, yeah...This is the middle ages. Do they have some fruit drinks?" Mary asks Roy.

"Iie...Wish they did. I don't get it...14 years old actually drink this liquor. YUCK!" Roy replies. "Have anything to do, Mary-chan? I'm getting bored." Roy yawns slightly.

"Hmmm...There's really nothing to do right now," Mary said.

Roy looks around and then he turns back to face Mary, his eyes gleaming. Then he stretches his hand towards Mary and said in a handsome voice, "Mary...Let's dance together."

"Roy!? " Mary said in confusion, blushing bright red. Then seeing the look in Roy's eyes calmed her down and then she replies in a gentle, humming voice, "Of course, Roy." Then she held Roy's hand and they both walk to the dance floor, hand in hand.

They came just in time because another song had just started. Roy and Mary face each other, still holding hands. Then the music starts, and Roy and Mary were dancing through the endless night. They sway together as one, twisting and turning. Sliding here and there and moving their feet fast and sometimes slow. Roy and Mary were having their time in the world. Marth was still dancing with that one girl, feeling unease because he sensed Sheida was watching him. Marth, then, could not take this unease and said to the girl he had to go and went up to Sheida. Sheida and Marth talk shortly and Sheida forgave him and they both went to the dance floor, hand in hand. Sheida and Marth were happy together, smiling at one another.

The night fills up with love and happiness in the air, for lovers and couples dance with each other as one. A slow song began and everyone came close to one another, the girls laying their heads on the guys' chest or the guys laying their heads on the girls' shoulder if they were shorter. Mary and Roy did not, however, came too close with each other. They kept their distance, but the truth was that both of them wanted to be close with each other. Mary's head against Roy's chest, since she was shorter (but didn't because they don't want to show any love between them both. Just friendship). Mary stares into Roy's blue, shinning eyes, feeling so warm. Roy held Mary, feeling so wonderful in his whole, entire life. Sheida and Marth were dancing just as the other couples were doing and they were one of the cutest couples ever.

The time felt short and finally the music ended and the ball was soon empty with only Mary, Roy, Marth, and Sheida and her father left there. Of course the servants were cleaning the ball room as the five people went to go to sleep. `Hmmm...I think it's about 3 o'clock in the morning. I've got to get some sleep, but I wish me and Roy could have...Wait! What am I saying! I don't like Roy! He and I are just friends...Yeah...Just friends...' Mary thought to herself as they enter the guestroom to get some sleep. Mary went into a dressing room and change into something comfortable to sleep in. `Oh, how I wish that night lasted forever and time would freeze on the moment...' Roy thought to himself and then closed his eyes and drifted to sleep. Then they all drifted off to sleep, unaware of what waits in the next challenge which were their destiny.

* * *

It was next morning and Marth, Mary, and Roy had to talk to the king one last time. They quickly dress themselves and went to the king's throne. There stood the king, waiting for their arrival. The three approach the king, properly.

"I know this would be harsh, but I need you to leave this place," The king said.

"Huh? Isn't Sheida supposed to come along, too?" Mary questions.

"If my daughter were to come along with you, she would be in grave danger," The king replies. "It's best for her to stay here so, please, quickly leave this place and don't ever return. I'm sorry, but your arrival will trouble Talis. I'm so very sorry, but if all will be good, then thou can return."

"I think I understand what you mean," Marth said.

Roy and Mary looked confused, but both nodded as if they did understand. The king then said, "The one thing I can do for you for returning my precious daughter is for some well trained horses. They will help you get to the kingdom of Altea. Of course, you know where it's located, Price Marth."

Roy's eyes widen, but then he looks at Mary and kept his cool. Marth nods and bows and turns around and walks away. Mary and Roy did the same and fast walk to catch up with Marth. Mary looks at Marth's face and he had tears rolling down his cheeks. She knew how he felt, for he left the one he loved so much and cannot see her ever again. They went on the horses and rode away, out of the kingdom of Talis. Roy still seems to look a bit weird.

As they rode to Altea, Roy asked in a very, odd voice, "So...You ARE the prince Marth. I've should have known." Then Roy rode a bit faster than Marth and went in front and stops Marth in his tracks. Marth looks up, confused. "I'm Roy Titris, the general of Pharae's principality. You are Marth, Prince of Altea, I believe, and my enemy of the war. This would be very pleasurable to fight you, Prince Marth. Oh, yes indeed, for you are the one who started this stupid war," Roy says in anger.

"Hmm...I knew your name rings a bell, but I never knew we were enemies. Alright, I accept your challenge, General Roy", Marth said, drawing out his sword.

Roy drew his sword and both of them were ready for a battle on horses or on land, just for kingdom rights. Mary saw what was happening and she was afraid of what was going to happen next. Roy and Marth finally figured out they were enemies. The two boys start to charge toward each other, forgetting about Mary. Mary yells, "No! Stop this war fight! I can't take it any more!"

Mary's voice was heard to neither Roy nor Marth. Mary jumps off her horse, running in the middle of the fight. Marth and Roy were blinded in their battle and didn't see Mary standing there now. She was frighten and could not move. "No more...No...More..." Mary said quietly. Roy's eyes widen and stop his horse right in time before running over Mary and quickly after did Marth. Now Mary was crouching, her arm over the other. Opening an eye, she then stood up and then said, "There's no use fighting at this time. All that matters right now is that we go to Altea and... Stay friends." Mary made herself smile, shaking a little.

Roy and Marth stared at each other and gave a smile and then Roy hops said, "Sorry...Come on, Mary, get on your horse before he makes a run for it." Mary nods happily and jumps on her horse and the three of them rode on to Altea. Roy thought to himself as they rode, `If it weren't for you, Mary, I might have killed one of my friends.'

* * *

Days had past and finally they were only a few miles away Aertia. They thought they finally will make it, but they were wrong. Riding their horse at full speed, above them flew a flying fortress. The shadow was huge and Marth notices and looks up into the sky to see the fortress. Roy and Mary looks up and saw the fortress, too. They look ahead and rode faster. That was when it happened. Dark light surrounds Roy, Mary, and Marth and then they vanish off their horses, out in thin air.

The three lands and to see they were inside a castle that was very shady and dark. Roy, Mary, and Marth were wrapped around a dark rope that can not be untied. There stood the leader of the poachers. She was standing beside the king of the castle. The young king smiles wickedly and said, "You have come just to hear my announcement." Then he looks up to the big crowd right out the porch where he stands. The light was dim, but it was still light from the sun. Then he raised his hands and said, "I thank you all for coming! The final battle of Altea and Pharae is about to begin. Just as we have planned. Altea receives a letter from Talis, giving them the idea to overcome Pharae, which was really from us. Then they liked the idea and made a contract which Pharae's king who would not sign. War began so easily and it was easier than we ever thought. Humans with their pathetic brains. We will overcome the humans and take what is rightfully ours! Then we will overcome other planets like Earth, Mars, Gaia, and so much more. We are the all mighty powerful with the best technology and we don't even need to do anything because the robots, who are our slaves we created, will do it all. Let the Dark Alias Titans live FOREVER!" The crowd yells in honor to the king.

Marth was angry and said to himself, "Freak! We were only use as puppets! Roy...What have our kingdom done..."

"Marth, it's not too late. Hope awaits us. The number one thing we need right now is to know how to get out," Roy told Marth.

"You're right Roy. I think we can make a run for it." Marth suggests.

Roy and Mary nods and then were ready to run, since their feet were not tied up. Right when Marth yells go, all three of them ran as fast as they could, with Marth being the head of the group because he was the fastest. They all ran, but security was tight and it felt as though every corner had security robots. Soon, they were surrounded by security robots. Marth was chanting something as Roy was kicking the robots away. Mary was being chase, but finally Marth finishes his chant and dispels the dark rope and he and Roy quickly draws their swords and ran and slashed the robots as fuel and oil splashed out of the robots. Then the two ran and Mary stayed close behind. They attacked any thing in their way that threatened them. They went down elevators because Mary knew how to use them. Right when they thought they were going to escape the building because the entrance was right ahead of them, the king stood there and casts a spell that shocks all three of them. Kneeling now, the magic paralyzed them and then the king said, "So I see, Prince Marth, which you know a bit of magic, but it will never surpass mine. HA HA HA!"

That was when it happened. A bright light surrounds Mary, and then eight wings, as white as an angel's, gracefully shone and the paralyzing magic had no effect. The king was now afraid, his eyes hugely opened, saying, "Oh no! It's Edina, the gifted goddess with powers that was given from gods themselves!"

Then light flashes everywhere, making anyone who sees it go blind for a while. Soon, the light disappears and there was no Edina, Roy, or Marth in sight. The king blinks a bit and saw that they had teleported somewhere, but he turns away to the moving floor and stood on it, trying not care.

* * *

Mary had awoken from the sudden darkness she had and found herself on a bed. There was Roy, who was sitting on the same bed, looking out the window, his head resting on his hand as his elbow sat on his knee. His eyes were so determined, but Mary did not understand why so she asks, "Roy, are we at Altea?"

"Hai, Mary-chan. We are here, and Marth is talking to his troops about the problem and some of my troops are here also. Well, Toyo's right over there. Hey, Toyo! I'll like you to meet Mary. Mary, this is Toyo, who you should know."

"Kon' nichi wa, Mary-chan. How was your sleep?" Toyo greets.

"I had a good sleep." Mary said.

"You're so lucky. Kid Roy-kun here was here at your side all this time, but sensei Marth-san here was the one who brought you here and healed some scars. Oh! Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. Boku no namae wa Geo desu." Geo said.

"Kon' nichi wa, Geo-san." Mary replies. "Thanks for staying here with me, Roy-kun."

"Do itashi mashite," Roy replies and smiles. "I did promise I'll always be at your side."

"Hai...you did," Mary said with a smile on her face.

"Is it more like kid Roy's wish to be with such a cute and pretty girl than his promise," Geo jokes, giggling.

Roy blushes and looks down so that no one would see him blushing. `That Geo...'

Mary smiles cutely, giggling a bit. `Hmm...I feel so happy around Roy. I wonder why. Maybe because Roy and I are really good and close friends,' Mary thought to herself. Suddenly, Marth bursts into the room and said, "Roy, Geo, Toyo, and Mary. I have some news you'll never ever imagine. We are about to be attacked by that flying fortress, Dark Alias. Roy, do you have your Sword of Seals?"

"Hai. Do you have YOUR Falchion?" Roy asks with a little attitude.

"Of course, you nut head," Marth said.

"Are we ready to rumble the BIG one!?" Geo screams. Everyone jumps a bit because he sounded a bit loud.

"Hai! Now keep your voice down, Geo," Toyo said, firmly.

Mary's eyes widen at the scene of the window. There was the Dark Alias flying over the Walls of Altea. Marth then shouted, "Bring out the Ultimate Barrier!"

A darken barrier arose and the Dark Alias were too strong for the Ultimate Barrier and were coming through. Roy stood up saying, "Well this is it. Let's win it for the sake of every living thing on this hopeful planet. Are we ready!?"

"Hai!" everyone replies.

It became as dark as an eclipse and it was total quietness. Then suddenly, there was a big earthquake. The shake of the quake was as great as a stone dragon's steps. Buildings started to fall over. Suddenly Marth's eyes widen and he yells, "The people! We need to save my people!"

"The troops will know," Roy said in a determined voice. "Hurry! This way!"

Everyone followed Roy and the castle had already been evacuated so it there was no worries for them. Instead of heading down and out, Roy and the others headed up to the rooftop. When they arrived, the castle was falling down, but the Dark Alias was very near so there was only a jump for the fortress. All of them jumped right when the castle collapse. Roy, Marth, Toyo, and Geo almost didn't make it, but Mary seems to have landed perfectly. Quickly, the boys and Mary ran inside of the fortress where there, surrounded, stood spell casters and magicians of the highest. They chanted right at the sight of them and great winds and thunder was summoned. Reflected by Marth's counter barrier, they ran inside as the spell casters and magicians did their negate magic. Then they came across average fighters and the boys slaughter them easily as Mary covers her face so she wouldn't see it. These weren't ordinary humans because they bleed green and blue.

Arriving at the room, there was the king, who had his rod raised up high in the air. For some reason, Toyo and Roy weren't here right at the moment. Then the king turns around, does a power blow with his rod, blew Mary, Marth, and Geo away, and hit the wall. Suddenly, Roy and Toyo came running down the hall and yell, "Hurry! Evacuate!"

The three ran out the room and follow Roy and Toyo out the fortress. The king was confuse until the there was a blast at the west wing. The fortress, Dark Alias, was losing altitude at the same time it was blowing up. Roy, Marth, Mary, Toyo, and Geo were nearly at the entrance when the entrance explode and nearly closed the entrance. Geo bravely jumps and held the bolder that was going to block the entrance and they escape. Roy turns to look that Geo was still holding it.

"Geo, come on! We don't have the time to wait for you!" Roy yells.

"Go on ahead of me. I can't get this bolder off me because this stupid bolder is way too heavy. GO, kid Roy! The fortress will blow up any moment!" Geo yells back.

Mary quickly grabs Roy by his cape, pulling him so quickly it made them both tumble off the fortress and fall on the soft grass ending with Roy on top of Mary. Then the fortress blew up into pieces. They all duck so that the falling parts did not land of them. Everything slows as the falling parts fell down in slow motion. The explosion was now disappearing. When finally everything was over, Roy pound the ground with his fist, yelling, "That stupid Geo! You are such an idiot! Why do you go jumping in front and catch the bolder if you knew you couldn't get it off you?"

Marth and Toyo slowly stood up and then there stood a blacken figure that walk right out one of the falling pieces. Their eyes widen in amazement.

"Because it was worth it," Geo said firmly.

Roy looks up and sees Geo, burns that made him look like a blackened figure. Roy stood up, runs towards Geo, and gives him a big hug. "Man, you know how much I hate you for scaring me like that! You made me think you were really that weak!" Roy yells.

"Ouch! Kid Roy, get off! These burns stings!" Geo yells, pushing Roy away from him.

"Aye I! You need healing, fast!" Marth immediately said.

Mary stood up, feeling daze after the tumbling she just went through. Then when she fell into her darkness, Roy dashes, and catches Mary before she hit ground. "Mary? Are you okay? Mary?" Roy says in a worried voice.

"She'll be okay. She just fainted after her spinning around with you," Toyo said.

Marth was healing Geo's burns and it took some time. When it was finish healing, it was nearly sun setting, and they went to Altea, finding everyone was all right. They all cheered when Marth, burnt Geo, Toyo, and Roy carrying Mary arrived. Marth was so relieved that his people were okay he had to give a big sigh. Suddenly, Marth's older sister, Ellis, runs towards him.

"Sister! Sister, Ellis!" Marth turns towards his sister and ran towards her, giving her a big hug. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you, too, brother. I never gave up on you. I just kept on praying you would return safely. How's Sheida?" Ellis questions.

"She's fine. She's back at Talis to where she belongs," Marth said in a warming voice.

"Well, let's all get some good rest, shall we? We won today and win another together and together we'll rebuild Altea," Toyo said and everyone cheers. Toyo gave a smile at Roy and Roy smiles back, feeling that everything had turn to normal, but even better.

* * *

The birds sang peacefully the next morning. Mary woke up, wrapped in Roy's cape, and found herself sleeping next to him in the soft, gentle flowing grass. Roy was cuddle up in a ball, smiling. She then stood up, breathing in the soft air of the fresh sky high above. `Will I return back home? I wonder why I even came to this place in the first place,' Mary thought to herself. Suddenly, the survivals of the Dark Alias came, grab Mary, and cover her mouth, but she couldn't break free and there were too many of them for her to fight alone. She was scared, but she knew someone would come to her rescue. They ran, dragging Mary, but why her?

Then she was in the darkness of the forest. They took out a knife and was about to stab her, but there came Marth, doing an imitation of a slashing move with his sheath. His hair flew gracefully in slow motion, his cerulean eyes gleaming. The survivors faint and he picks up Mary and starts to walk out the forest. She looks up at Marth's face, shinning as her hero would in her dreams. `Marth...' Mary thought in her head as she stares into his cerulean eyes.

"Roy! Where are you going?" Toyo yells at Roy, who was running towards the forest.

"Mary! I've got to go save her! It's my fault letting her go on her own," Roy replies, now running backwards towards the forest.

"Roy! You shouldn't go and sacrifice your life for hers," Toyo tells Roy.

Roy stops running and said, "I'm in love with her. I have to see her alive or I'll never be the same ever again! If she were to die, nothing could replace her. She's change my life since I first met her. She's energetic, caring, and everything I have ever wanted and now she's my whole world." Roy looks down, depress. He then looks up at Toyo and yells, "I love her and I will do anything I have to keep her alive! I promise her I'll protect her and I will!"

Toyo stood silent for a moment and then said, "How could you fall in love, Roy? You're the last person I'll ever think of when I think of boys falling in love. Besides, what about Li..."

"You won't understand", Roy said immediately and turns towards the forest. "You've never fell in love in your whole life so don't go telling me it isn't love. Besides, this love is not what you think at all…but I do love her!" Then Roy ran off into the forest, not slowing one bit.

"Roy, wait! Oh, man! Why do you have to be so difficult! Why does love have to be so difficult itself?" Toyo said to himself.

Marth and Mary were almost out. Mary was now walking beside Marth, feeling his warmth against her body. Then she stops walking and so did Marth. She looks up to Marth and smiles.

"What is it, Mary?" Marth asks in confusion.

"You know, Marth, you had always been the one who saves my life and..." Mary blushes a bit red. "Arigato."

"Do itashi mashite", Marth replies in a gentle voice.

"Marth..." Mary sighs and her eyes glittered in the sunlight through the trees. "You're my hero."

Marth smiles and pulls Mary towards him and his lips presses against hers. His eyes closes, holding Mary tight in his arms, not wanting to let her go. Mary closes her eyes as their tongues touch each other. She felt tense, but the kiss had made her relax and made her feel like she was flying. She wraps her arms around him tightly, still kissing, and feeling as if she never wants to leave him. The kiss had lasted long, but someone arrived while Marth and Mary were French kissing. It was Roy, who was so shock he froze there, his blue eyes larger than ever.

Roy's heart felt like it was twisting in pain and his stomach twist and turns as it burns at the same time. Roy wanted to let his tears out so bad.

Mary felt a feeling come over her as she takes her mouth off Marth's mouth. Then she turns around to see Roy, still frozen there. Mary saw his emotions in his eyes that were full of shock and sorrow. Mary felt her heart twist as she let's Marth go and dashes at Roy. In slow motion, a tear rolls down Roy's cheek and he turns away, running out of the forest, eyes of raging fire. Before Mary could hit the ruff earth, Marth grabs her just in time so she wouldn't. Mary turns around and faces Marth, but couldn't face him face to face. Looking down, she said in a shaking voice, "I'm so sorry, Marth. I have to go."

"Mary, wait!" Marth yells, trying to grab Mary, but she ran and he misses. "Mary..."

Mary ran straight where Roy had run and then lost herself. She then looks down and saw his footprints he made with his boots. She follows the footprints and finds Roy at the water, under a pink, willow tree. She slowly approaches Roy, feeling her heartache each step she makes closer to Roy. Roy had his head in his knees with his arms tightly wrapped around his legs. Mary came close enough to hear Roy crying silently. His heartache, his stomach twists, turns, and burns at the same time, but most of all, he was heart broken. At the time, right now, Roy was broken into pieces like glass. Mary came even closer, feeling the ache Roy feels right now. Then she puts a hand on Roy's shoulder. Mary walks in front of him to face him face to face, but she only saw his red hair.

"Roy, please look up. Roy" Mary starts to shake Roy gently. "Roy, I'm so sorry. Roy. Please look up!" Mary's voice started to crack into a cry. "Roy. Please Roy. What did I do? Well, at least stop crying before I start to cry."

"Mary..." Roy looks up with his blue eyes, emotionless.

"Roy? Are you feeling alright?" Mary asks.

"Mary..." Roy said again, but in a much stranger voice.

Mary started to examine Roy. For some reason, Roy was now holding onto the right side of his waist. Mary looks there, but there was nothing wrong with it. Then Mary gently lifts his hands from his waist and then there was blood that spilled everywhere. Mary's eyes widen to see it was a bullet shot. Mary looks at Roy's face, sensing the bullet had to do something with it. Mary place a hand on Roy's cheek like how Roy did to her that night to keep her comfortable. Roy rubs his cheek against the palm of her hand and said, "Mary?"

"Roy...What happened to you?" Mary said, feeling so hopeless.

Geo and Toyo were looking for Roy and saw him and Mary, then decided to run to them. When they arrive, Geo immediately picks up Roy and runs out the forest with Mary following. Toyo went to go get Marth, and when Toyo and Marth return in a couple of minuets, Marth went strait to take out the bullet and heal the wound. Marth had his hands covered in Roy's blood after he took the bullet out. Toyo was praying, Geo was softly punching a tree, and Mary just watch Marth do the operation, not knowing what to do. `Hmm...Who could of shot Roy...Technology isn't that advance. Of course! The Dark Alias! There technology has even surpassed Earth!' Mary thought to herself. All of a sudden, Marth said, "Hmm...I did all I can. You guys don't have to worry about Roy because he'll be fine, but all I'm worry about is his memory. He must have forgotten some of us."

Toyo, Mary, and Geo turn to look at Marth in confusion.

"What?" Mary questions with her eyes narrow in confusion.

"This metal thing had been cast with a spell called Memory Loss. This kind of spell cannot be dispelled. I don't know the heal for it, but there is a heal for Memory Loss," Marth replies.

"What does Memory Loss do?" Toyo asks.

"Day by day, Roy will lose more and more of his memory until there is nothing to remember, Roy's life is in danger. If Roy is to lose all his memories, he shall die of loneliness," Marth said in a strong, serious voice.

"I wish we can do something about it. Kid Roy just isn't ready for these kinds of deaths and all," Geo said in a voice they all never had heard.

"All we can do now is hope for some sort of miracle to save Roy from death to life," Mary said in a quiet, sad voice.

"Well, hope this miracle happens soon because Roy only has a 1-2 weeks left to live," Marth said.

Toyo, Mary, and Geo were so shock at what Marth said that their eyes widen with worries. Then Toyo said in shaking voice, "Only 1-2 weeks? That's too short to go look for some sort of heal for Memory Loss. We don't even know where to start!"

"We've only got about 1-2 weeks before Roy dies...I don't want to think about this...It's been a long while since I have met Roy and Marth. I'm not ready to give up on my friend, Roy. Oh, Marth, what should we do?" Mary said, shaking her head gently.

"We may be able to get information about Memory Loss's cure if we talk to the town's people. They know a lot when it comes to something we don't know." Marth answers.

"Mary, you'll be the one who stays with Roy. Marth, Geo, and I will go and ask people about Memory Loss's cure," Toyo said.

"Huh?" Mary looks up at Toyo in confusion. "What do you mean? Why me?"

"I can't tell you why for only Roy can tell it himself. You'll understand, but at this moment, you don't understand his feelings he has for you," Toyo said.

Mary's head lowers. Then turning her head she looks at the motionless Roy, her eyes in sorrow, and said, "Roy..."

* * *

The morning slowly came, and Mary hadn't had any sleep because she was thinking about what Toyo had said about Roy's feelings towards her. `What was more than friendship that you think of me?' Mary thought to herself. Marth had already woken from his sleep with Geo and Toyo and set off to the nonstop working town's people who are rebuilding Altea. Roy was awake himself, but he seems to be okay.

"Ohayo, Roy-kun," Mary greets Roy and with a smile, trying not to show her sadness. "Do you know what happened to you yesterday?"

"Hai...I was shot while I was looking for you. It was one of the survivals from the Dark Alias, but I didn't know where he shot me from so he's not dead yet." Roy replies to Mary's question.

"Roy, can you name all the people you know?" Mary asks.

"Your name is Mary and I know I'll always remember it...Hmm...Marth...I think...Toyo? Uh, and...I think Geo and some other people." Roy said in confusion.

"That's a relief..." Mary said and sighs.

"Huh? What happen to me when I got shot? All I remember were you kissing Marth and..." Roy's eyes narrow. Then he looks away from Mary in a hurtful way. "I ran away. I don't know why, but I sort of remember you talking to me after that. Then I don't remember a thing." Roy faces Mary again with his eyes sort of in sorrow.

"Roy...You have Memory Loss." Mary answers sadly and looks down at the ground.

"What? Memory Loss...No! I don't want to forget everyone I love so dearly!" Roy held is head, feeling his memories disappearing little by little. "I don't want to forget...Especially you, Mary." Roy said and looks up at Mary with big puppy eyes.

Mary looks at Roy with an odd look. "Roy?" Roy was in tears. "Roy...We'll heal you from Memory Loss. I promise this to you," Mary said with a slight smile.

Roy tries to smile, but then he collapse onto Mary's chest, tears still coming out of his eyes. "Arigato, Mary-chan," Roy said in a little voice.

* * *

Days had past and Roy was losing his memories little by little just as Marth said. He now only remembers Mary, Marth, and a little of Toyo. The days were slowly passing and Marth, Toyo, nor could Geo find any information about the healing of Memory Loss. Mary talks to Roy, day by day, checking if he was losing his memories fast. Every little second, Mary had refuses to leave Roy's side so she took Roy where ever she went and Marth, Toyo, and Geo did not lose hope looking for the heal even if they knew they now only have about one week before Roy's death.

"Roy...Who do you remember now?" Mary asks.

"I still remember you, but I can't think of anyone else. Toyo, I think. You are the only one person I can still remember really well," Roy answers.

Mary's hopes fell a bit, but she did not want to lose hope yet for there is still time. Mary gazes into the warm sky. It was the sunset and she and Roy was at the beach. The sky was not as beautiful as it were, but it still had all the colors of life. Then she asks, "Roy, how do you feel about me?"

Roy's eyes widen and then he turns away, saying, "I don't really know..." Then Roy looks up at Mary with determined eyes and said in a gentle voice, "Mary...I'm happy the way we are...Friends, but were ever I am, what ever I do, I can't stop thinking about you...As a friend. Please don't worry about me, Mary. I'm ready for death now. I have to accept my destiny of death. No one can really escape it. So, Mary...When I'm gone...Losing all my memories of everyone except you...When I die, please don't cry for me. I'll always be there in spirit."

"Roy, no..." Mary said, tears rolling down her cheeks with her voice shaking. "Don't think like that, Roy. There's still a chance you'll live. Don't give up hope...You're only 16 years old...You're not ready to leave this world...You haven't seen it all and..." Mary was about to continue.

"Mary...I have to accept my death. You have to accept it, too. I know how you feel for Marth because I saw you two kissing in secrete. You'll be better off without me so you don't have to worry about my feelings towards you, and you and Marth can be together. I've seen all I want...There's nothing left for me to live for...I'm ready to die," Roy said in a strong yet sad voice.

"But I don't want you to go! You have dreams, a family, friends, life, loving people, the world, and you have me...I-I-I'm not ready for you to die, Roy! I'm not!" Mary said loudly, crying hard. "I still want you...To be here...Right by my side...Just like you promise because the truth is that there's no one who will ever be you, Roy...To me..." Mary said in a quiet, gentle voice.

"Mary..." Roy's eyes narrow into a little cry. "You are too kind, really."

"Please Roy, for my sake, live...If you die, you'll break the promise. Will you still keep that promise by never to give up life?" Mary said in a sad voice.

"I will always keep that promise, Mary," Roy said, crying a little.

Roy pulls Mary until he and she touch each other. Then he wraps his arms tightly around Mary and Mary did the same to Roy. They both cried silently on each other, never wanting to leave each other. Mary felt Roy's warmth that was gentle and smooth. His breathing was like the wind blowing in their hair right at the moment. To Roy, Mary was warm with such passion and she breathes so gently and perfect. Both of them stay like that for a long time until they both had calm down.

Holding hands, Roy and Mary walks up the grassy hill as the night fell down. Suddenly, both of them lay in the grass, on the hill, head to head on opposite directions. Now lying in the soft, warm grass next to each other, closely, Mary and Roy gaze upon the stars. Not making a sound, Mary lifts a hand and touches Roy's right cheek and then presses his left cheek against hers. Closing her eyes, she felt Roy's hand over her hand on his cheek and he said in a gentle voice, "I wish this moment can last forever..."

"Roy...I do, too." Mary opens her eyes slowly to see a shooting star passing by. Lifting her hand away from Roy's cheek and hand, she sat up and gaze into the stars, asking in a quiet voice, "Did you see that?"

"Hai...That's the first one I've ever seen. Isn't it funny how it came right after our little wish with each other?" Roy asks, sitting up himself with a smile.

Mary giggles a bit and smiles back, having not to feel this feeling in a long time. "I wonder...Will Marth and the others ever find the cure for you...You know, I don't want you to ever leave...Because there's still something I want you to see." Roy's eyes widen in interest. Mary faces him, her eyes gleaming with passion, and said, "Back to the place where I was born, where I had live, a place that I call home."

"Mary...I'll love to see your world…your home," Roy said with a gentle, warming smile. Then Roy's face came closer to Mary's, their lips almost touching, but then Roy looks away, looking down, still remembering the thought of Marth and Mary kissing.

All of a sudden Marth came running towards Mary and Roy, yelling, "There you are! I've been looking for you!" Then Marth took a deep breath when he was next to Mary's and Roy's side and then hugs Mary tightly in his arms. Marth releases Mary and said gently, "Come on, let's go back to the town and get some sleep. Tomorrow's another day with another chance of a miracle, but another step closer to Roy's death."

"Hai..." Mary replies, looking down sadly. Marth then wraps an arm around Mary, comforting her. Then they all started to walk down the hill, not saying a word to each other. `Who do I like better? Marth or Roy? Wait, Roy and I are just friends...Yes, very close friends. Marth...has...Sheida...I wonder how's she's doing. I wonder if there's still hope...' Mary thought to herself and then sighs gently.

"Mary, everything will be all right," Marth said with a smile, trying not to show his sadness.

"I hope you're right, Marth...I don't want to lose Roy." Mary said back. Roy was ahead of Marth and Mary.

"I don't either. No one does, but if he does," Marth looks away. "It's his destiny to die like this. His faith is in the hands of destiny now." Marth faces Mary again and said in a gentle quiet voice, "You get what I'm saying, right?"

Mary nods and looks away, feeling little hope inside her.

* * *

One week had passed slowly and dully. Mary and Roy were lying on that same hill, watching the sun rise. The sun rise was so golden and pure it felt like the winds in the plains blowing. Roy couldn't talk anymore and he couldn't understand what anyone said, but Mary. She was always there for him and so she was the only person that he could remember. Lifting her head, Mary places her head on Roy's chest, feeling time freezing at the moment. Roy didn't do anything but breath. Suddenly, the wind blew in their hair and Mary started to sing a gentle, quiet lullaby to herself. Putting a hand on Mary's shoulder, Roy closes his eyes, listening to her voice of the melody. He listen to the wind singing with her, the trees rattling, the grass swaying, and the birds chirping with her melody. It was almost time for him to go away. The minuets passed as the sun shined gold on their faces. Mary's eyes were gleaming with such beauty. Roy tightens his grip on her shoulders. Closing his eyes, Roy felt the pain inside him. Roy gently opens his eyes and gaze upon the sky. Suddenly, stopping her singing, Mary deeply gazes into the golden sun that was still shining with hope.

"Oh, God, please...Don't let him die...Roy..." Mary said, her hopes falling down more and more. Her eyes gleam with the gentle light from the golden sun that warm their faces.

"..." Roy's eyes narrows to a gentle sorrowful light in his eyes.

Marth, Toyo, and Geo came running towards Mary and Roy. Mary sat up quickly as Roy continues to lay there, tired. Toyo, Geo, and Marth all had a confuse look on their faces, but they did brighten up a bit.

"What is it?" Mary questions in interest.

"We have a big clue for the cure!" Toyo said in excitement.

"Yeah, it said something like `Only the tears of love can cure the memories of the past like tears of an angle that can heal lost souls'. Well, do you get it because I don't," Geo said with a confused look on his face.

"Hmm...Who told you?" Mary asks.

Marth sat next to Mary and lays his head on her shoulders. Then he replies, "It was her...Gena."

"Who's Gena?" Geo questions.

"A...How could I put it...She's the princess of Gavill. She use to work for me until Sheida scared her off...Sheida was jealous of Gena and, well, she planned to kill her. Of course I had no idea until Gena told me."

"What does the riddle MEAN!?" Geo yells.

"I think it means he can be healed if the one he loves cries for him deeply. Then his memories will return and he'll remember everyone he once knew. It sounds like a miracle...I mean, we don't even know who he likes," Mary said in amazement.

"Mary..." Toyo said and sighs.

"Uh...Marth, Toyo...Uh, let's leave them two alone for now." Geo suggested.

"Hai!" Both Marth and Toyo replies.

By the time Mary finally notices, the three boys had already gone down the hill. She looks at Roy so hopelessly. `What does Toyo means?' Mary thought to herself. Suddenly, there were tears rolling down Roy's cheek. His eyes were closed and then Mary hugs Roy tightly, feeling that he was bitter cold. Mary roughly rubs his hair back over and over again and said, "I'm still here, Roy. Please don't die...not yet...Roy..." Mary looks up at the sky that was now turning blue with fluffy white clouds appearing onto the sky. "Remember our promise, Roy." Mary said gazing into the sky. "Remember our dreams, hopes, our friendship and bond, and especially our love, Roy-kun. All together, we'll live happily forever. Yes...Forever..." Mary's eyes began to be watery. She just kept looking at the sky as it blurs in her tears. "Remember everything, Roy. Remember..." Roy sank a bit, feeling colder by the moment. "Roy, no! Roy, please live!" Mary said, holding Roy tighter by the moment. "No, you can't die! Not yet! Roy!"

"Mary..." Roy said quietly and his body went totally cold at full weight.

"Roy...Roy. Roy! No, Roy! Roy" Mary yells, falling down with Roy onto the ground. Mary didn't dare let Roy go. Her heart ache with pain that seems so twisted. Mary gently lets him go, looking at Roy's motionless body. Mary went up to his face, feeling no breathing coming from him. Mary gently lifts his head towards her face, seeing only his emotionless face with his eyes closed, not showing his beautiful eyes that were once full of life. A tear drips out her eyes onto his face. Mary blinks and more tears fell onto his face. Suddenly, Roy's eyes gently open and he blinks for a while. Mary's eyes widen in surprise. Roy looks up, seeing Mary crying.

"Mary...You cry too much", Roy jokes at her in a quiet voice.

"Roy...You can talk," Mary said with a smile. Roy looks confused. "You're back. You're really back." Mary then rubs the side of his face gently and slowly.

"Mary-chan, you're so delicate," Roy said and wipes her tears away from her face. "You act so weak. Remember me telling you to be strong? Be strong and nothing will ever defeat you."

"H-H-Hai, Roy-kun. I always had and treasure what you told me," Mary said quietly.

Roy gave her his popular cute smile. Mary smiles cutely herself, but she couldn't hold in her emotions towards him she hugs him tightly, never wanting to let him go. Mary cries with tears of happiness, happy to see him so alive for a long time. Roy's eyes widen in amazement and then became gentle. Smiling softly, he hugs her back, saying in a gentle, warming voice, "Arigato, Mary-chan. You were the one who was always there for me. You told me so much when I was kind of...crazy? Well, it means a lot to me."

"You mean so much to me because you're my true friend. I don't want to lose you." Mary said, rubbing his hair back gently over and over again. Roy held her tighter, rubbing her hair smoothly and slowly. "Besides, I had to, anyways. Toyo said so."

"Toyo...What a good friend he is..." Roy quietly said to himself. "I'm so happy to be here with you..."

"Don't talk, Roy. I just miss you so much..." Mary replies.

The two stay like that for a long time. Mary didn't want to let go and Roy didn't want to let go. They were both so happy to see each other and really be...friends again.

`Roy, it's so great to see you again' Mary thought.

`Mary, I don't know what I've been through, but seeing your face brightens my world. Oh, Mary...I miss you so much. That beautiful smile of yours...I'll never forget' Roy thought.

The sun was up high in the sky and finally Roy and Mary let go of each other and gazes into each other's eyes. Roy's bright, blue eyes glitter beautifully as Mary's dark, brown eyes gleam with happiness. Soon, Mary and Roy were walking down the hill, smiling at each other, Roy at the front. `Was it a dream or a miracle from heaven?' Mary thought to herself. All of a sudden, she accidentally hit a bump on the hill and started to wobble, losing her balance. She started to scream, then hit Roy, and they both tumble down the hill, rolling on each other. Both Roy and Mary were so surprise they couldn't move until they finally stop at the bottom of the hill, Roy over Mary. Suddenly, they burst out laughing because of how fun it was rolling down the hill or maybe Roy was laughing because Mary looked stupid when she was wobbling towards him.

Then Mary stops her laugh and said, "I never had so much fun in a long time, especially with you, Roy-kun." Mary smiles at him gently.

"Yeah," Roy replies and smiles back at Mary, cutely.

Then both of them notice there was someone who was standing right beside them. Both of them look up to see it had been Geo with his grin that always seems to show when he is about to tease someone.

"Lookey here, I never knew there was a naughty side to kid Roy. It's bad to lay over girls, you know, kid Roy, especially over Mary. Wait until the head leader hears this! Ha, ha, ha!" Geo teases in an annoying voice.

"Geo!" Roy yells and he immediately stood up and away from Mary. Then he looks away, blushing bright red and said, "Stop it!"

Mary slowly stood up and on the ground. Then seeing Marth running towards them in the distance with Toyo following. She ran towards Marth and gave him one great big hug. Roy and Geo went towards where Marth and Mary stood. Toyo went up to Roy and they both gave each other a friendly hug. Geo did the nuggy on Roy and that made his hair all messy and out of place. Everyone was happy together. Marth lets Mary go and gave Roy a friendly punch.

"You scared the goodness out of us, Roy, but it's great to have you back. Well, welcome back to the real world, eh?" Marth said to Roy.

"Yeah, I thought I was really going to die," Roy said in amazement and smiles.

"I would have kicked you in the `you know what', but that's not a good way to show how much I really missed you, huh, kid Roy?" Geo replies with a grin on his face.

"That would have been very disrespectful of you, Geo," Toyo said.

"I guess Toyo is the only one who really is the gentle man here, huh?" Marth said with a little giggle. "Anyways, Roy, now that you're better, come and help out the villagers, eh?"

"Hai, Marth-san," Roy replies and smiles.

Then they all walk to the kingdom of Altea, which was almost finished rebuilding. The sun, up high in the sky, shines brightly as the angels in the sky that watch the heroes walk, looking like knights in shinning armor.

Things went better later on and turn to normal. Pharae and Altea became allies since Marth and Roy were good friends now. Roy's father was doing well at taking care of the villagers and helping the king back at Pharae since Roy had decided to stay and help with Altea's reconstruction. Toyo, Geo, and the other knights help with the heavy duties. Mary and the girls help cook and clean. Roy helped some of the village men do some roof repairs while Marth was in charge of the place for now as his sister was doing the bills.

Less than a week, Altea was back to normal and everything seems to be normal once again. Mary and Marth sat under the blue sky, on the grassy hill, gazing into the into each others eyes. They both sat right next to one another, hand in hand. As you can see, Mary's and Marth's relationship grew stronger and since there wasn't any Sheida to bother, both of them grew really close. Of course, Roy's and Mary's friendship still stand tall and strong so they trust one another to always be there. Life was back to normal for this odd planet Mary's in.

* * *

Suddenly, Mary raised her hand in the air and a dove landed right on her hand, so pure and white. Marth put his arms around Mary and then with Mary's hand, playing with the dove with his fingers, gently moving his hand so he wouldn't scare the dove. Soon, the dove flew away and Marth held Mary in his warm arms tightly, his head against hers. After letting her go, Marth stood up, gazing into the fluffy clouds and the bright yellow sun in the light, blue sky. She stood up, too, right beside him, gazing at him with such sparkling eyes.

"Do you want to return to your world?" Marth said.

Mary nodded and said, "Hai...But I also want to stay here right beside everyone I know here. I feel torn in two ways. I want to go back...Home...Yes, home, but part of me wants to stay. I don't know what to do, but stay here until something tells me to go back."

Marth turns his head to face her and he said gently, "I can return you back to your world...If you want. My kingdom is always full of magical spells. I could...since you don't really belong here."

"Marth...Don't say that," Mary said and smiles at him. "I want to go back, but I'll stay a little bit longer. I want to," Mary raises her hands and lifted to the height of her chest. "Stay right here with you, Marth, and Roy, Toyo, and Geo. You all made me feel so special. You are my hero, Marth, and forever will be...I hope. Marth?"

"Mary..." Marth said in a gentle voice.

Marth gazed into her graceful eyes of hope and then lifts his hands onto Mary's shoulder. She looks up at him with a little blush on her face. He tilts his head to face her face and then he presses his warm lips against hers, closing his eyes shut. Mary closes her eyes, feeling their tongues touching one another's. Wrapping her arms around him, she felt him pulling her closer. `This feeling feels so relaxing and smooth...so full of integrity' she thought.

Roy was practicing his swordsmanship until he felt that he wanted to see Mary again since it's been a while when he did. He withdrew his sword and started to search for her. While he was walking around Altea, he had bump into someone familiar.

"Sumimasen," Roy apologizes as he bows and then looks up to see it was Sheida! "SH-SH-SHEIDA! Why are you here?!"

"I'm here for Marth, red head Roy. Where is he?" Sheida asks.

"I donno. Probably with Mary again like he always is," Roy replies.

"Oh no. Not with the Mary?" Sheida questions.

"Oh yes. Surely with the Mary." Roy jokes a bit.

Sheida grabs Roy and shook him violently, yelling at the top of her longs, "WHERE IS MY BABY! WHERE IS HE! SHOW ME! IF THAT TECHOROUS MARY IS ON TO HIM, I'M REALLY GOING TO KILL HER! YOU HEAR ME, ROY, SO STOP WITH THE JOKES! GOT THAT!"

"Hhhaaaiii," Roy said dizzily.

Sheida lets him go, sighs, and said viciously, "Lead me to him."

It has been nearly 45 minuets since Roy and Sheida were LOOKING for Marth and Mary. Suddenly, Sheida said, "Do you even know where they are?! How stupid can you get, kid Roy."

"Uh....I don't know," Roy replies dumbly.

So suddenly, Sheida starts to scold at Roy for his stupidity. Roy, of course, was getting kind of shaky. Soon, Marth and Mary arrived.

"Kon' ichiwa, Roy-kun!" Mary yells out to Roy.

Roy ran towards Mary and hugs her tightly. Roy said in a shaky voice, "Mary, my savior! Save me from this awful monster!" Roy caught the sight of Marth, then let Mary go, and went up to Marth. Angry, he kicks him on the leg, making Marth hop a bit backwards and Roy yells, "You are SO going to die!"

"Roy, please calm down. We were at our usual place," Mary said in a calming voice.

"This Sheida monster is really one dangerous monster! I mean it! She shook me violently and everything an evil woman would do!" Roy explains.

"Roy, you talk as though it was even worse," Mary replies.

"SHE DID! SHE TORTURED ME!" Roy exclaims.

"What ever, Roy,"

"I mean it!"

"Uh huh,"

"Truly!"

"Yeah,"

"Honest!"

"Sure,"

"I'm not lying!"

"OKAY! I GET THE POINT! Gees, you two argue every time you meet each other. You two make it so confusing," Marth said, rubbing his forehead.

"My MARTH!" Sheida yells, falling into Marth's arm. "Oh, I ran away just to see you."

"Whoa! Really?" Marth said in amazement.

"Hai!" Sheida replies.

"Man, she's one crazy monster, alright," Roy jokes.

Mary starts to giggle a bit. Roy and Mary stared at each other deeply. Suddenly, both turn away with a blush on their face. Marth and Sheida talked for a bit as Mary and Roy were arguing stupidly at each other about something so dumb. Of course, as you can see, Roy and Mary really enjoy arguing with each other.

"Did not!" Roy said.

"Did too!" Mary said.

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DID TOO!"

And so on with Roy's and Mary's argument. Marth was totally apologizing to Sheida about his and Mary's relationship. The truth was that Marth and Sheida had been with each other since they were children and grew up together, too. That's why Sheida's like that and she doesn't want to lose Marth, ever.

"Please, Sheida. Please understand what I'm trying to say!" Marth said to Sheida.

"Okay...I forgive you, but never again. You hear that?" Sheida replies with a smile on her face.

"Fine with me," Marth replies in a gentle voice.

Sheida and Marth turn their heads to see that Mary and Roy seem to be really arguing.

"Wow...You kids are so crazy," Marth said.

"Huh? Oh, sumimasen, Marth-san. Roy had stupidly brought up the stupidest fight," Mary said in anger.

"Did not!" Roy replies cutely.

"You did, too!" Mary said to Roy. "You started to talk like crazy and suddenly you told me that I didn't do things right."

"BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T!" Roy yells at Mary angrily.

"YES, I DID!" Mary replies loudly.

"NO, YOU DIDN'T!"

"YES, I DID!"

"NO YOU DIDN'T, YOU IDIOTIC GIRL!"

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?!"

"YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID!"

"YEAH!" Mary stomped her feet on the ground.

"YEAH!" Roy stomped his feet on the ground.

"Please settle down you two," Marth said in a funky voice.

"GRRRRRR!" both Roy and Mary growled at each other, their face side to side.

"Heh, heh, heh..." A big sweat went down on the side of Marth's face. All the town folks had caught their attention on Mary and Roy, who seem to be glaring at each other now. "Uh, you guys...You're embarrassing me..."

"Oh my, Prince Marth! Your friends seem to have an outrageous time, huh?" said one of the villagers.

"Uh...Not really. Heh, heh, heh..." Marth tried to giggle. `Oh, I am so going to kill myself' Marth thought to himself.

Suddenly, a girl with brownish, blondish hair with dark brown eyes came in the circle of crowds and said, "Fighting is not for arguments, but love. Yes it is."

Both Mary and Roy turn to look at the strange, young girl. They both had a confused face because they had no idea what she meant.

"What I mean is that both of you are not fighting because of the argument, but of the love you two have for each other. I know you think I'm wrong, but you'll see what I mean," the young girl said wisely.

"Gena? Is that you?" Roy questions.

"So Roy, I see you remember me...That's great news for me." Gena said and smiles.

"Gena? You're still here?" Marth said as he walks up to her. "Uh, you better be careful because, um, Sheida's still here."

"She is?" Gena asks.

Marth nodded with an odd look on his face.

"Oh...I better keep my cover then."

"Marth, who is she. She sort of looks familiar...doesn't she?" Sheida asks.

"Uh, not that I know of," Marth answers with a sort of lie in his voice.

"Hmm...You are lying, Marth. I know you too well for you to say you aren't lying. When you lie you start to sweat a little, shiver a bit, have a lying voice, and start to act all weird so WHO IS SHE!" Sheida demanded to know. "I have the rights to know, Marth-kun!"

"Eh, I really don't know and I'm shivering because you're scaring me badly," Marth replies with a shaky voice. `Oh, I can't blow off Gena's cover or both of us are toasted' Marth thought with many worries.

"Excuse me, miss. Coming through," said a young girl with blue eyes and blue hair who wore mostly red clothes with yellow outlines on it. She wore a white skirt underneath and carried a brown, spell book in her arms. "There you are, Commander Roy. Lord Eliwood has sent a message back from Pharae. Here you go," the girl handed a fancy paper to Roy.

"Uh, arigato, Lilina-chan," Roy replies with a blush, taking the letter off Lilina's hands.

"Do itashi mashite, Roy-kun," Lilina replies with a blushing smile on her face.

"Huh? What's with all the people?" Geo questions as both he and Toyo saw the crowd in one place.

"I don't know. Let's go check it out, Geo," Toyo said.

"Hai, Toyo," Geo replies with some manners.

Geo and Toyo went into the crowds, Geo pushing everyone away, rudely, and Toyo was right behind Geo so he didn't have to worry about pushing the crowd anyways. Finally, Geo and Toyo were in front of the crowd. "Kid Roy? Two women?"

"Huh?" Roy looks up to Geo with a confuse look.

"You know...Mary and Lilina?" Geo said.

"Uh..." Roy said, confused.

"Forget it, hardheaded kid Roy," Geo said.

For some odd reason, Gena had her eyes on Geo, gazing deeply at him. Geo sort of noticed that someone was staring at him so he looks straight towards at her. Gena quickly looks away with an unnoticeable blush. In confusion, Geo cocked his head, one eyebrow higher than the other.

"What's the matter, Geo?" Toyo questions.

"Uh...Huh? Uh, well, nothing. It was just me daydreaming away," Geo replies.

"You sure, Geo?" Roy asked.

"Yeah! Don't worry, you guys," Geo said.

"I'll be returning back to Pharae and wait for you there so ja mata ne, Roy-kun," Lilina said.

"Hai...Ja mata ne," Roy replies to Lilina.

Lilina gave Roy a warm, quick smile and zooms out of the crowd and the kingdom of Altea. Roy was waving good-bye. Mary looks at Roy suspiciously, but then she sighs and started to gaze around, lost in her memories.

"Okay people! Shoo, shoo! Nothing here to see anymore. Go now and obey me for I am your adorable prince. Now, shoo, shoo. Go do some work now," Marth said in a funny voice.

"Oh, Marth-san, you are so cute when you talk like that," Sheida said.

"Ha...Arigato, Sheida-chan," Marth replies.

Mary rolls her eyes, thinking to herself `Marth is such a player. Maybe I should just brake up with him'.

"Mary, what's the matter? Is something bothering you?" Roy asks.

"No, I'm fine. I'm definitely fine," Mary replies with a little funny attitude.

"Are you sure? You're acting kind of weird," Roy said suspiciously.

"Don't worry so much, Roy. I'm just glad you care about me a lot," Mary replies with a smile.

Roy smiles and said, "Oh, okay. I guess I just over react when I see you hesitate."

"Roy, it feels like a dream come true...to have a true and caring friend like you. It's amazing how you can always lighten up my world...as a friend," Mary said gently.

`Only a friend...Oh Mary...If only you can see how much I really do love you' Roy thought to himself. "Mary...You can be one of the coolest friend ever," Roy said to Mary with joy.

"Yeah...You, too!" Mary replies joyfully.

The sun was now setting and Roy has planned to return to Pharae where he belonged. Well, at least that's what it said in the letter from Roy's father. It was so long now...two months since Mary's arrival and Roy leaving Pharae. Of course, Toyo and Geo will be joining along as well because that's where they both also came from. None of them where leaving without a good-bye.

"Well, I guess I'll be leaving back to Pharae to where I belong", Roy said in a gentle, warming voice. Roy already boarded on his horse and was at the front gate of Altea.

The sunset was full of life and hope. The colors blended and mended together, making anyone who sees it feel pure. The wind blew in Roy's hair, making him look so ever handsome and cute.

"I guess..." Mary said in a depressing voice.

"I won't be able to come back, Mary," Roy said to Mary. "My father probably cannot bear these two months of my missing. Of course, I cannot come because my father forbids me to...for at least a couple of weeks. I have to stay back at Pharae. If you want, since Marth's a prince, he can take you to visit me. Well, I still need more training to protect...you. Um, well...Geo, Toyo!" Roy calls out.

"Hai!" Both Toyo and Geo replies.

"Let's get going!" Roy yells.

"Aren't you going to kiss your darling Mary good-bye?" Geo said in a teasing voice.

"Knock it off, Geo, please," Roy replies.

"Alright, I'll go. Common, Toyo! Let's go!" Geo calls out to Toyo and both of them rode off into the distance.

"Mary..." Roy said sadly. He looks away from Mary and gazes at the setting sun. His eyes glisten and then he says, "If you want...you can come...with me to Pharae, Mary. I understand if you want to stay with Marth. That's fine...so..." Roy turns his head and faces Mary. He stretches out his hand towards Mary with a warm smile on his face and says, "Will you join me, Mary-chan?"

"Roy..." Mary's eyes glistens and she nodded happily, unable to speak.

"Alright then...does Marth know about your leaving?" Roy questions.

"He doesn't have to. He'll know", Mary replies and she boarded Roy's horse, wraps her arms tightly around Roy, making Roy blush bright red, and lays her head on his back.

"That does it then. Well, mustang, gallop!" Roy yells and off they went, riding into the distance of the sunset.

When Mary and Roy arrive, followed by Toyo and Geo, it was nearly midnight. Now entering the front gate of Pharae, Mary glances around at the familiar place she had been once. It was the first time she and Roy spent the night together in his room. The memories of this lively and free place had never left her memories. `Of course', Mary thought, `I'll never forget Roy. I wonder if I am ever going to return to my home world, Earth.' Now at a skip, the horse went up and down, romantically. Mary gazes at Roy, at his back, and felt a mystical feeling that had a fuzzy and dreamy feeling. Glancing around, she saw fireflies floated about and made the night feel like a fantasy. Flashing here and there, the fireflies were like living, moving lights. The wind blew into Mary's hair, making the night felt misty and gloomy. She held Roy tighter because now she had butterflies in her stomach.

"Mary," Roy said gently.

"Yes?" Mary replies.

"I'll return you to Earth or to either Marth. Which ever one is possible I'll return you safe and sound, "Roy said gently.

"Roy..."

Finally, arriving at the place where the soldiers were, Roy, Mary, Toyo, and Geo hops off the horses and enters the building. There, inside, waited Lilina, as she said, and Roy's father.

"Father!" Roy calls out and runs towards his father.

"Roy! My dear son!" Eliwood replies and both of the father and son hugged each other. "I missed you so much. It felt just like how you left with Lilina and never came back for a long time. Oh, Roy, you're the best son any father can have!"

"Father, I've missed you, too." Roy said happily.

After the father and son finish with their reunion, Roy's father looks up to see Mary, an oddly dressed girl. Eliwood said suspiciously, "Roy, is this your girlfriend?"

Blushing lightly, Mary shook her head as a no. Lilina seemed to look jealous at that point. Roy replies, "No, she's just a really close friend of mine."

"Good because I planned a marriage for you, my son," Eliwood said proudly.

"What? Who?" Roy said in confusion.

"Of course who. Lilina. She's your soul mate and you two where meant for each other. That's why we wanted you to come here so that you two hot couple can finally get married. Oh, if Hector was here, he would be so happy", Eliwood replies. Lilina looks happier than normal.

"What!" Roy raises his voice than normal. "Father how could you! How could you betray me! I never wanted to get married until I know whom I really love! Man! Common, Mary, let's leave."

Mary stood there, staring in such confusion.

"Are you coming or not?" Roy said in an upset voice.

Mary nods and she follows Roy who storms out of the building.

Mary and Roy seemed to be extremely far from the building. Still, Roy kept running until Mary asks worried, "What's the matter, Roy? I've never seen you this mad before."

Roy stops running and then he replies quietly, "It's just that I don't want to get married yet...Not at the age of 16. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to see...I want to be free...I'm so frustrated. Father tricked me into coming home so that I can marry my fiancé, Lilina...but...I can't. I don't know why, but my mind has been change. I just...I cannot think right. Man, my head hurts."

"Roy..." Mary said quietly, feeling bad for him.

All of a sudden, Roy starts to tip over and fall. Without thinking, Mary ran up to him and caught him so he wouldn't hit the ground. Mary looks at Roy's face only to find out that he had passed out.

"Roy! Roy!" Mary called out.

Roy heard Mary's calls, but then her voice trailed off and he fell into blackness.

A long while later, Roy wakens up to see Mary's face, all worried. His head lay in Mary's lap and his body lay on the soft grass. He felt his head burning like fire. His eyes were half close and he could barely concentrate. "Mary, is that you?" He asks.

"Hai, Roy, it's me", Mary answers.

"That's good to hear. Mary...What just happened?" Roy questions.

"You passed out. I don't know how, but you gave me the scare. All of a sudden, you just fainted. Do you feel any better? Your head is probably warm. Maybe you should go get some more sleep." Mary said in a worried voice.

"Mary..." Roy said gently, and then closes his eyes slowly, drifting into his sleep.

"Roy...Good night..." Mary said before Roy fell asleep.

* * *

The next day, Roy woke up and sat up. Mary was still sleeping. He gazed at her, feeling purity come flowing through him. Suddenly, Mary start to yawn and Roy quickly stood on his two feet. Slowly, Mary opens her eyes, revealing her brown eyes. Sitting up slowly, Mary seemed to be half-dazed in her tiredness. Roy started to giggle because she looked like some sort of zombie. Mary widens her eyes and stands up beside him with an odd look on her face.

"Roy, what are you giggling about?" Mary questions curiously.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking to myself." Roy answers with happiness.

"Phew...I'm glad that you feel better," Mary said in relief.

Roy smiled softly and with that smile Mary couldn't bear it and had to show a smile also. Then turning his head, facing the sky, Roy said, "We should return. My dad's probably mad with me, but that's okay. Then I probably have to get married with Lilina. She's a great person. Nice, kind, gentle, and she can be just so...I can't really explain it."

"Roy...Maybe she was meant for you. I think she loves you a lot. Compare to me, I just care about you...and I just worry about you", Mary replies.

Roy looks at her with a surprised face. Mary was confused why he felt surprised.

Roy then slowly said, "Is that how you really feel about me?" Roy eyes narrow, feeling a little sad.

Mary's eyes widen and she asks, "Roy..." Then her eyes narrow a bit and she said, upset, "What do you expect me to feel about you?"

Roy shook his head and he said, "I really don't expect anything from you but friendship...But I...Uh, just forget it".

"Alright, and then that's how I really feel about you. I just want to be friends, Roy. Just...friends," Mary said.

Roy nodded, looking down, and he said, "Well, let's head back, together...as the best of friends there can be".

"Um!" Mary replies happily.

Marth gaze into the morning sky from a balcony. The morning breeze blew into his face, making his silky hair waving onto his face. He, then, brushes his hair off his face, thinking of Mary. `Mary...everything is so peaceful...too peaceful...I wish you were here because when you are...that smile of yours make the place brighten up, brighter than heaven itself'. Then Marth sighs, feeling tired and lonely.

"Marth? You okay?" Sheida questions with worry.

Marth nods, looking down, and then he hesitates for a moment. Suddenly, he looks toward at Sheida and asks her, curiously, "Sheida, why do you intend to scare every girl that comes close to me?"

"Marth...It's just that I don't want you to be involved with anyone. Any girls..." Sheida said to Marth, unease.

Marth stare into her bright, blue eyes, his cerulean eyes not losing focus. Marth walks up to Sheida and said, "I'm going to Pharae...Sheida, please don't come". Marth then ran out the room and there Sheida stood, frozen.

"Father! Father!" Roy calls out to his father.

"Roy!" He calls back and then both of them run towards each other, but they didn't hug. "Roy, are you ready for this marriage?"

"Hai!" Roy replies.

"Then shall we get prepare?" Eliwood questions.

"Hai!" Roy replies again.

Mary carefully examined Roy's face. His face was tensed and his eyes was with full of wrath. `Roy...I guess you don't want the marriage. You just want love'.

"Good then! Let's get this ceremony ready, shall we?" Roy's father said with joy.

Roy looks to the ground, disappointed, but then he answers, "Hai!"

Roy and Mary were back in his room. His room was still the same. Roy sadly walks up to his bed and lays on it. Mary sits on the same chair she sat on the second day she came to this exotic world of war. Although the war felt like it had ended, Mary felt anew is about to start. She turns to look at Roy who is now just examining his sword, Sword of Seals.

"Roy, are you all right with the marriage proposal thing?" Mary asks quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine with it, but...I want to marry someone else", Roy answers, putting his Sword of Seals in his sheath.

"Who, Roy. Who?" Mary asks with anxiety.

"Nah, you don't need to know," Roy replies with a little taunting voice, still lying on the bed, but now his hands on the back of his head.

"Oh, come on, Roy. I mean, not to be noisy or anything, but I just want a simple little clue so can you?" Mary pleads.

"Alright, here's a clue. She's very cute and beautiful."

"Roy! That's an opinion, not a fact! How should I know if you think a girl is cute or beautiful?"

"Okay, Okay. She's someone who's here at this moment and you know her better than I'll ever know her."

"Hmm...The only girl I know, other than me, is Lilina, but you know her more then I do...OH..."

"Yeah?"

"It's..."

"Yes?"

Roy's and Mary's face came closer towards each other.

"Can it really be...?" Mary thought.

Now, Roy's and Mary's lips almost touching.

Suddenly, the door opens and there stood Toyo. Both Mary and Roy looks towards Toyo as he bows and said, "Kon' nichi wa, Roy-san. Marth...has arrived."

Mary jumps up excitedly, full of joy, and said happily, "REALLY!"

"Yes, he did, Mary", Toyo replies with a smile.

Mary was so happy she jumps on the bed and jumps up and down on it. Roy was getting dizzy from the hopping bed because he was still lying on it while Mary was now jumping on it. Now Roy was falling off the bed, pulling the bed sheet with him (just a quick reaction). He still hit the ground hard, but the bed sheet made Mary slip and fall on the bed. Of course, she was fine, but Roy seems hurt.

"Roy," Mary said her voice a bit higher than usual.

"Gomenasai, Mary-chan. Can't help it if I fall...but...my head sure hurts", Roy said, rubbing his forehead.

"Well, that's alright. Let's go see Marth-san!" Mary said happily, smiling.

"Hai!" Both Toyo and Roy reply.

Mary zooms through the halls to the main room, the entrance to the front door. There stood Marth who was waiting patiently for their arrival. Mary runs up to Marth and hugs him so dearly. Marth, of course, hugs back. Roy and Toyo soon appeared and Roy ran up to Marth.

"Roy! It's great to see you all are all doing fine! Well, I heard there was going to be a wedding ceremony...Uh...whose getting married?" Marth questions.

"Well...I am...Marth-san," Roy said in a very low voice.

Marth's eyes widen in surprise and then he said, "Really? Oh, man, you're way too young to get marry. You have at least more than 10 years of deciding when to get marry and in that 10 years is your whole freedom a life of becoming a man or even a young boy, but I mean 16!?! Oh, common, who's that crazy?" Marth said with a weird, wavy voice.

"My crazy father. That's who", Roy answers, quietly.

"What's wrong, Roy. Not in the mood of getting married?" Marth questions with worry.

"Marth...Roy's not really in the mood to say anything about his marriage. He's really upset about the whole marriage thing. He says he wants to be free while he can...well, you get what I'm saying," Mary said with a quiet and gentle voice.

"Oh, sorry about that, Roy. Sorry I've made you feel so bad about yourself. Gomenasai, Roy-kun", Marth apologizes.

"That's alright, Marth," Roy said, sadly sighing afterwards. "I'm fine with it."

"Roy..." Mary whispers to herself quietly.

`I have a bad feeling about this wedding...like...like...something terrible it going to happened and Lilina will be taken away or something like that...' Mary thought to herself.

"Mary, you alright?" Roy questions with concern.

"Huh? Oh, nothing...I just..." Mary said, but didn't get to finish.

"Roy! The wedding ceremony is ready. Now all that's have to be done is that you need to get ready! Com' on Roy!" Lance calls out to Roy, who had green hair and eyes whose hair fell to his face neatly.

"Were coming," Roy replies back and they all enter the room.

A COUPLE OF SECONDS LATER...

"Man, what a bugger", Geo said to Alan who both had just came from practice. "I almost had you!"

"You mean the other way around," said Alan who had pure red hair and eyes and had messy hair.

"Yeah...What ever..." Geo groans.

"You guys! Hurry up and grab a seat in the room!" said Lance who had green hair neatly over his fore head and eyes.

"Why?" questions Alan.

"Roy's getting married!" Lance replies.

Both of them had there mouth wide open.

"What? Amazed he's getting married? You shouldn't be..." Lance said, but didn't finish.

"No, it's not that. I mean...Geo, you know what I mean," Alan said to Geo.

"I exactly know what you're going to say," Geo replies.

"What!?! What!?!" Lance replies.

Geo continues, "Can you believe how old he is!?!"

"Yeah, 16 years old," Alan said.

"No, you dummy. Don't you get it," Lance said in a wavy voice.

"HE'S YOUNGER AND WE'RE OLDER AND HE'S GETTING MARRIED BEFORE US, AND YOU KNOW HOW OLD WE ARE!!" Geo yells to Lance.

"Yeah, 18 and 21," Lance replies.

"Man, you don't get it...Alan? Explain," Geo said.

"Certainly. Now, Lance, he's a couple of years younger than we are and, yet, we are still single. Man, we are..." Alan says and pauses.

"Such losers..." replies both Geo and Alan.

"That's because you think all the girls are ugly. Learn to respect them gals," Lance suggests. "Well, I guess I have to follow that rule, too. Even I don't have a girl."

"Most of them are, either, ugly, mean, or conceded. I hate that in girls," Geo complains.

"Oh, I'm too beautiful, or GET OUT OF MY FACE, or even maybe, OH NO, I'M DIRTY!!" Alan said, imitating a girl's voice.

"That is true, you know," Lance agrees.

Suddenly, a boy with yellow eyes and wild yellow hair that pops his head out behind the door the wedding was to be held. "Hey, are you guys coming in or not. It's about to start! I can't believe that Oniisan is getting married!" said the boy.

"Sure, but stop calling him Oniisan because he really isn't your Oniisan. You two are just very close...but then again, you could since you two do act like brothers to each other," Geo said.

"Hey, Wolt, do you know what kind of food they're having?" Alan questions.

"Uh, I guess, but that'll spoil your stomached and I don't want that happening," Wolt replies.

"Man, I am sure hungry, though," Alan said in a little voice, rubbing his belly.

"Yeah," the others replies and then their tummy growls loudly.

"Let's go before were really late!" Wolt said suddenly.

-----------------------------------------------------The Wedding----------------------------------------------------------

The bells rang through the chapel as the flower girl throws the flowers in the air and as ring bearer, Toyo, follows, carrying the ring. Then the maidens made their way through, wearing beautiful dresses that shown as beautiful as a bundle of flowers. Then there came the bride, Lilina, who was wearing the most beautiful white dress anyone has ever seen, made her way to the groom, Roy. The best man standing next to Roy was Wolt. Everything was going perfectly. Right after Lilina and Roy stood in front of the preacher, the preacher starts to talk.

Mary was feeling unease at the time. She had a strange feeling, but she really couldn't understand it. Marth, who sat next to her in one of the front rows, stares at her intently then notice that she feels unease. He then wraps one of his arms around her to ease her a bit and it worked. Mary looks up at Marth with a blush. Marth was now a bit busy paying attention to what the preacher had to say and Mary had still feels a bit unease. She stares into Marth's gleaming eyes and then all the sounds around her fades away when Marth turns his head to face Mary. He then smiles gently and then said handsomely, "One day, Mary...One day..."

Suddenly, what crack through to Mary was when the preacher said, "You may kiss the bride."

She stood immediately and made her way, running, to both Roy and Lilina who were close to kissing.

"Mary!" Marth calls to Mary, reaching his hand to her.

Time starts to slow for Mary and she thought to herself why did she get up and go to...

Mary yells to Roy, "Roy you mustn't! You shouldn't!"

By the time Mary knew it, she started to fall. Everyone stood up in surprise as the king was in rage and Eliwood stood up from his chair in surprise. She looks towards at Marth who had his hand stretching out to her. Then she turns to look at Roy who is running towards her to catch her, leaving Lilina behind. The world starts to spin dizzily to Mary, and then the world fades from Mary's grasp, making her fall into darkness.

"Roy..." Mary whispers...

* * *

Mary hears voices in her sleep. `I hear voices. Can I reach to them? Who's talking? I wonder...The voice is soft and smooth...Yes, very warming...very...That voice...I remember...Roy?'

Mary wakens up to find Marth and Roy were just discussing about her condition. Suddenly, Marth pushes Roy aside and went up to Mary. She was still dazed so she couldn't really concentrate. Her vision was a bit of a blur. Then Mary reaches out and touches Marth's face. Marth lifts his hand and held her hand which was on his cheek.

"Mary?" Marth said softly.

"Huh? What?" Mary said in confusion.

"Mary, are you okay?" Marth asks in worries.

"You have been sleeping for about 3 days, Mary. Marth and I were so worried when you just suddenly fell to the ground, cold," Roy said, interrupting.

Mary blinks a bit until she can see clearly. She was surprise to see Marth so close to her.

"Marth..." Mary hugs Marth tightly. "I miss you. I don't want to be shut in the darkness again."

"Mary..." Marth whispers with a smile and hugs Mary back.

Roy sighs in relief to see Mary was safe once again. `Mary...I'm so glad you're safe.'

"Um...Roy...What happened to the wedding? What happened when I fainted? Did I do something wrong? Your dad was really mad..." Mary said crazily.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow you speech, Mary. Okay, the wedding was interrupted and I didn't get married. No, my dad isn't mad, but he feels disappointed. Hah, I bet that if Lilina's dad, Hector, known about this, he'll go crazy because he doesn't want me marrying Lilina, but he's dead so... Well, the person who really arranged the marriage was the king, and my dad had to obey so...the king of Pharae was the one who had gotten mad. Lilina's doing fine. She said she'll like to get to know you better. Uh...she wants to be friends with you. She thinks you're a really kind person." Roy said.

"You talk too much, you know, you baka," Marth interrupted, sitting on the bed now.

Roy turns red and turns away and said, "Well, sorry. I just blabber too much. Heh, heh, heh!"

"Baka wa, Roy," Mary said with grin on her face.

"Huh? No I'm not, Mary! I'm just like that!" Roy said.

"Hah! Yeah right," Mary said with a giggle.

"Well, you're a baka yourself! Hump!" Roy crosses his arms and puffs up his cheeks.

"I know I am and at least I admit it, you baka Roy!" Mary yells at him. "Hump!" Mary turns away from Roy, crosses her arms, and puffs up her cheeks.

"You two...Ugh...I give up..." Marth said, disappointed.

Lilina softly opens the door very little and smiles at the problem of Mary and Roy. "You two are really loud. I can hear you two down the halls," she said and smiles slightly.

"Oh, um...Sorry, it's our normal habit of greeting each other," Roy replies.

"Oh, Lilina, HI!! It's great to see you!" Mary yells to her with joy.

"Hi, Mary-san..." Lilina says shyly.

Roy whispers to Mary's ear, "She's usually shy with new people no matter who they are."

Mary giggles and then she said, "Hey, Lilina? Let's go to a place where Roy wouldn't bother us."

"HEY!" Roy complains.

"Hey, you have Marth for company, right Marth?" Marth nods. "See? And you really don't need to follow us everywhere, Roy." Mary smiles brightly.

Roy nods and glares at Marth who was sitting on the bed in a mature way. He then looks back at Mary and said, "Fine, fine...You two go have fun while I have to stay with our guest, but you better come before noon!"

"Roy, don't you go talking like your dad." Mary jokes a bit. "Oh, and if you DO need to see us for some important reason, Lilina and I will be at the town square, okay?"

"Okay, whatever..." Roy replies back as he rolls his eyes.

Mary and Lilina had left leaving Roy and Marth in his bedroom. Marth was still sitting on the bed maturely as Roy kicks the wall with his fore head leaning against the upper wall.

`Oh, what am I to do about this. I miss Mary dearly...ALREADY! I just can't get her off my head. I love Mary-chan, but does Mary-chan love me? Hmm…I'm so confused.' Roy thought in his head.

"What are you so worried about? Mary will be fine. I know so because I'm her boyfriend. I like Mary. She's cute and kind, well, towards me, of course. So Roy...who is she to you?" Marth said, interrupting the quietness.

Roy's kicking suddenly stops. He pauses for a moment. "Uh! Mary and I are just close friends. Yeah, that's right, close friends!" Roy made up immediately. His face was bright red.

"Roy, don't need to be shy to show your feelings. I know you like her, too, obviously." Marth teases.

"No, Marth. You have got it all wrong. JUST...FRIENDS...CLOSE...FRIENDS...Got me?" Roy replies.

"Hah, sure, Roy, whatever you say." Marth said staring at Roy sarcastically.

"Marth...You know better than anyone else that Mary-chan and I will make the worst couples in the whole wide world! You're our witness. You've actually seen our dramatic arguments and our stupid disagreements over a thousand times," Roy explains.

"Yeah, but you're only making excuses...Wait, am I pressuring you to like MY beautiful Mary? Nah, forget what I just said, just do like you said! I can have Mary all to myself! Mary, cuddle in my arms, her warmth so great..." Marth was now hugging himself.

"Marth...Just, be quiet, will you? I mean, please..." Roy said rudely to Marth and glares.

"Hey, that's the way you treat a great prince of the great kingdom, Altea! Show some respect, Commander Roy! I am the higher class, am I wrong?" Marth teases.

"Hmm..." Roy's thoughts wonder off into the distance of his mind.

So suddenly, the sound of a big clash surprises Roy, making him jump a little. Marth immediately looks out the window to see what it was. There happen to be another castle in the sky just like the ones of the Dark Alias! Marth and Roy panic at the sight of the hideous flying castle hovering over the kingdom of Pharae. It seems to have bombed the...Town square where Mary said she and Lilina were going to hang out!

Immediately, Roy rushes down to the main floor and out the castle walls and into the town of Pharae. He was running as fast as he could.

He went straight towards the town square to find...the townsfolk running away at the sight of falling, firing buildings or some of the townsfolk already dead. Rage and anger crawls up to his spine and yet he felt sad and cold. Suddenly, Lilina runs out the firing lands and to Roy who she recognizes...but Roy suddenly worries at the sight of no Mary behind her. His heart starts to beat in an irregular motion, crushing his chest to pain. His stomach grips tight, making his stomach twist and turn.

"Roy..." Lilina said, grasping for air. "Mary-san...She saved my life."

"W-W-what happened?" Roy asks worried, his spine trembling into the cold.

"The building...It was falling down so fast I couldn't move! Mary-san...She shoved me away from the falling building...Roy-kun, I'm sorry...I couldn't do anything at all...If I would have moved she could have...She could have..." Lilina falls onto her knees and cry into tears as her voice squeaks away, making her soundless.

Roy was motionless. His body was frozen to the bone, his eyes open wide. A tear, which fell down from his cheek, shows him the light he needs to go and save Mary. As Roy remembers, Mary was always crying in the beginning when he and she had first met, and then some time ago, she was smiling. Suddenly, a flash came to his head as he remembers...

Roy and Mary were trap in a cage...That was about a couple of months ago...He remembers her tears of sorrow and he had promise to protect her and to be by her side forever...Knowing that if Mary was dead, he, for sure, will fall into the darkness, feeling guilt for not keeping a promise to his most beloved one. For he had loved her dearly and if she is to be dead, she'll never know how he really felt towards her.

Forcefully, he made himself run into the burning flames, Lilina, reaching her hands to grab him, but regretfully missed.

"Roy...No...Not you, too...If only...If only!" Lilina yells to herself, feeling hopeless to do anything. "Why...Why? Why couldn't I move?" Lilina questions in despair, blaming herself for the accident of Mary.

"Mary!! Mary!!" Roy calls out as he ran. The smoke in the air was very dense and it hurts his eyes so he couldn't see. "Mary!!"

The only thing Roy could see was fire that surrounded him and burned everything around him. He ran and ran, never losing hope. `Mary, I must, somehow...' Roy thought. He stops suddenly to catch his breath and then continue running. The heat from the fire was overwhelming so Roy took off his cape and threw it to the floor. This also made him run faster since the cape was out of the way. Suddenly, Roy had tumble and fall onto the ruff floor. When he looks up, he saw a bright, shining light up ahead.

The light was calling to Roy as if it was telling him something. He crawls to the light, and as he came closer to the light, it started to fade. When he came close enough that the light was gone, he saw Mary with her right leg caught under a building piece. She was unconscious because of the little air she had so she laid there silently. Roy immediately stands up and ran to her. He pushed the chunk of the building aside and lifts Mary off the ground and onto his lap. Smiling at the sight that she was still alive by her little breathing, he gently stroke her cheek, feeling the warmth.

"Mary..." Roy said to himself quietly. He then wraps his arms around her and hugs her tightly, hoping that she would be okay. "Let's get you back."

Then Roy stands up with Mary in his arms, and ran to where ever his heart led him to. The fire was endless and there seems to be no way out at all. Roy was feeling weak for he also couldn't breath in the air in the smoke. It was also hard to see and Roy could feel his eyes burning like flames, but Roy kept running until he ran into a forest and then suddenly he collapse to the grassy floor, away from the fires.

Yet, Roy held Mary in his arms, and then he set her against a tree and took his blue vest off and wrapped it around her leg. Then he took some nearby sticks and put it beside her leg, and took off his belt and secured the sticks and vest onto her leg. He knew Mary's leg was broken for sure. Roy looks around his surroundings and he felt relieved to be surrounded by many bushes so enemies couldn't spot them. He held Mary and places her gently to the floor, trying to make her feel comfortable. Looking into the blue sky, the floating castle had vanished without a trace. Closing his tired eyes, he then lays his head on her chest, hearing her soothing heart beat. Soon enough, he dozes into sleep.

Toyo ran around the burning area and brought some mages to cast water and weather magic to stop the fire. Geo did the same, but he was located in a different area. Lilina was busy helping the injured as Alan and Lance with some other soldiers buried the dead. As for Marth, he was investigating the damage that had been done in Pharae. Marth then finds Roy's crimson cape lying on the floor. Sadly, he picks it up, looks up into the blue sky, and questions himself, "Roy, are you really dead? Hmm... Probably not...There's no blood on your cape."

Marth closes his eyes, feeling the wind blowing onto his face. Then he opens his eyes and said quietly to himself, "Mary...Can it really be that you are...dead? No, it can't. That's impossible..." Marth gazes onto the floor, feeling despair in his heart.

* * *

Roy wakens up on Mary's lap and finds himself gazing into her dark brown eyes. She was playing with his hair, and then she suddenly smiles gently at him. Roy smiles, reaching his hand to her face and gently stroking her hair. Mary's eyes widen in surprise to think that Roy would do such a thing. `Roy? Could it really be?' Mary thought, and then she closes her eyes, feeling his hand on her cheeks as she felt his soft hair between the tips of her fingers. The translucent wind blew into Mary's hair as she breathes in the fresh air. After yawning, Roy stands up and looks around the place. Soon enough, Roy spots smoke from a distance. After picking up Mary, he rushes towards the stream of smoke and then finds himself looking at an old fashioned cottage.

Roy walks up to the door of the cottage. Oddly, there was a beautiful, pure white Pegasus standing there and it neighs at Roy and Mary. It was more beautiful then Shieda's Pegasus and more friendly. Then Roy places Mary on his back and knocks on the door with a little pressure. The door opens slightly to reveal a little girl. At the sight, she runs off somewhere and leaves the door slightly open. Soon enough, a woman, probably the mother of the girl, came at the door and said with a scared voice, "Who are you strangers!?! Get away from here!"

Roy's eyes open to think that the women had no complete clue to who she was talking to. Suddenly, a boy's voice, a little older than Roy's age, said, "Mother, who is it?"

"Complete strangers begging for food," she replies.

"Huh, Mother move out the door way! I think I know that person!" the boy replies in surprise.

The door opens wide open to reveal the boy's looks. He is 16 and had golden hair that fell to the side of his face. His eyes are a beautiful ocean blue color and he was good looking, too. He bows and apologizes, "Sorry for my mother's rude behavior, son of lord Eliwood, Commander Roy. Do you remember who I am?"

"What, that's Roy? He looks just as cute his father, Eliwood, but not as mature and handsome as him," the mother said and giggles a bit.

"Sorry Roy, my mother has a thing for your father…(sigh)…So, who do you think I am?" the boy asks Roy again.

"Hey, old buddy! It's so good to see you, Ethaniel! It's been so long since we've seen each other. It's good that you're doing fine without your father," Roy said in a cheerful voice.

"Yeah, I guess," Ethaniel replies.

"You're still serving for the Union, Ethaniel?" Roy asks.

"Yeah! You bet-cha! I just came here to visit my mom and little sister," Ethaniel said with joy. "Come in, Roy."

Roy came in and places Mary on a couch. Then Roy went to Ethaniel and starts to talk to him and then they both start giggling. In a bit, Roy and Ethaniel hug each other like guy friends do and then they pat each other on the back. Mary smiles to see that Roy was so happy. She, then, hugs her legs against her chest, wishing she could be in Marth's arm. She even wonders if he was doing okay. Suddenly, Roy came up to her and smiles cutely.

"Mary, we're going to stay here for a while until your leg gets better. If I were to estimate the time, it should take no longer than 1-2 days. The wound isn't too major so thank goodness for it," Roy said in a gentle tone.

"Should I go and deliver a message to Pharae, telling them that you are fine?" Ethaniel asks Roy.

"Of course, I don't want them worrying about us too much," Roy replies to Ethaniel.

Ethaniel nods and went to the closet to get his armor and stuff ready so he can leave. Mary looks away as Ethaniel changes in the room. What can she expect? It was only a two room cottage, the other room a bathroom. She blushes bright red and Roy giggles at her cute reaction.

"Okay, done!" Ethaniel, then, hugs his little sister and mom good-bye and said, "I'm going now, okay Mom? I'm taking Silver Wing!"

Silver Wing is the Pegasus outside the cottage. It's odd to know that a guy who was attractive looking would ride a Pegasus and be called a Pegasus knight. Wouldn't it be more like a girl who rides a Pegasus?

"Alright, but take good care of him. Oh, and I want you coming back here as soon as possible," the mother replies with a smile.

Ethaniel nods happily and runs off and out the cottage, closing the door behind him. Soon the mother went to the fire place and started to stir into a pot. She was making soup. The little girl went up to Mary, shyly, and complements, "You're very pretty."

Mary smiles and replies, "Thank you, and your very pretty yourself."

The little girl smiles in return, and then turns to Roy and runs and hugs him tightly. "It's so great to have you back, oniisan," the girl said.

"Oh...Belle, I miss you, too," Roy replies to Belle and hugs her back.

Belle lets Roy go and whispers in Roy's ear, "Do you like her?"

Roy smiles, staring at Mary, and replies quietly, "Yes, indeed, I do."

Belle giggles and kisses Roy quickly on the cheeks. "Bye, bye, oniisan! I will be outside if you need me!" Belle replies, cutely. She went and opens the door. Then, she looks back and waves at both Roy and Mary, and she zooms off, closing the door behind her, shut.

"What were you two talking about?" Mary asks.

"Oh, just something you wouldn't care," Roy said cutely to Mary.

Mary smiles at him and she turns to look out the window. Roy stares at her, seeing such a serene feeling in him.

That night, Ethaniel arrived just in time for dinner. Belle runs and hugs Ethaniel tightly, and both of them came to the table to eat. Mary stares into the food, feeling peaceful. Mary thought of Marth and she blushes to herself and as she looks up, she saw Roy, suddenly, looking away, blushing. She wonders `What's with Roy these days. He's acting all weird.'

As they ate, Ethaniel told what had a happened.

"I can't believe my eyes! I actually saw Prince Marth! It's just so cool to see a prince nowadays. Well, I told Toyo about you and then he said he'll make sure everyone knows so they won't have to worry like crazy for you two," Ethaniel said and smiles with joy.

"Ah, Toyo, what a good knight he is," Roy complements.

"Well, and then, Marth said he had to return to check up on his sister and see if anyone had visited. Oh, and Roy, Lilina was so happy to know that you were okay she merely cried," Ethaniel said and he went on and on...

That night, Mary was restless so she decides to go outside for fresh air. As she walks out the door, as quiet as she could, she then heard a sudden noise. It was just Silver Wing, surprised to see someone out so late. Mary sat beside Silver Wing and she stares up into the sky. She said to herself what a beautiful world it was. The moon shined as white as from the skies and the stars twinkle about, looking like diamonds in the sky. Then a breeze blew onto Mary and she breathes in deeply, feeling more peaceful than ever, and then she breathes out and sighs in relief. Silver Wing nudges Mary and she giggles and pats him on the rim of his nose. Silver Wing was sure a friendly winged horse.

So suddenly, the door opens and it reveals Ethaniel. His eyes widen to see that Mary was still awake. He went up to Mary and sat next to her, tickling the winged horse's nuzzle.

"So, you're Mary, right?" Ethaniel asks.

"Yeah, so what?" Mary replies.

"Hmm...You're not from here, are you?" Ethaniel asks.

"Yeah, I'm not," Mary said.

"Well, if you need anyone to talk to, you can come to me if you're not comfortable with Roy."

Mary nods with gladness. It was nice to know Ethaniel was her friend now. He is really nice and so are Belle and his mom.

"Well, you should sleep, my friend. Tomorrow will be another day and then, I promise you as one of your greatest friend, that you'll enjoy tomorrow...But..." Ethaniel then pauses for a moment.

"What is it?" Mary asks.

"It's a surprise! I can't tell you yet," Ethaniel replies.

"Oh..." Mary replies with eagerness.

"I'll have to ask Roy if he is able to let me," Ethaniel said in embarrassment.

"Oh, I can't wait at all, Ethaniel. Thank you for your concern for me," Mary said with a big smile.

"Don't mention it. It's what I do best...And if Roy says no... I'll do it anyways."

Mary giggles a bit.

"Now, go get some sleep. I'll come a little later after Silver Wing sleeps," Ethaniel said with handsome smile.

Mary nods and she went back inside, hopping on one leg, but silently. It was a nice feeling to make a new friend and become very good friends with them so quickly. `Oh, he maybe gorgeous, but Marth's much hotter' Mary thought.

* * *

It was the very next morning and Ethaniel had wakened Mary up very early for the surprise he had for Mary. Mary was excited over this all this time, but at least she had good sleep. Well, still, everyone else was asleep, including Roy.

"So what is it, Ethaniel?" Mary asks curiously.

"Common, Mary, outside, and quietly, too," Ethaniel said with a smile.

Mary came outside, sliding her injured leg, to see Silver Wing all saddled up. She knew exactly what Ethaniel had planned to do and that was to take her flying on Silver Wing. This was the first time Mary will ride a beautiful Pegasus. How lucky she was to be able to know the feeling of flight. Ethaniel, then, walks up to Silver Wing and hops on him. He turns his face towards Mary and stretches out his hand and smiles.

"Here, take my hand and I'll pull you up. Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't fall off, and Silver Wing here is a friendly winged horse", Ethaniel said gently.

Mary stares at Ethaniel, seeing Roy instead, stretching his hand out to her. She hesitates for a moment and looks at Ethaniel, seeing his handsome ocean eyes. Then she thought of Marth for that second and then took Ethaniel's hand. He, then, pulls her up and onto Silver Wing. `What a great feeling it was to aboard a winged horse and know you were about to fly' Mary thought.

"All right, Mary, hold on tight!" Ethaniel warns.

Silver Wing starts out at a trot, then a gallop, then he flaps his wings, and off the ground he went and into the blue, beautiful sky. The wind blew into Mary's and Ethaniel's hair, messily, but it was a good feeling. The golden sun's rays shines onto Mary's and Ethaniels's faces with warmth, and down below lays the planet, full of green of life and blue of waters. Mary closes her eyes, just concentrating on the wind in her hair, feeling serene all surrounding all around her. `Oh, if only Ethaniel was Marth, everything would be perfect', Mary said in her thoughts.

Soon, Ethaniel directs Silver Wing to land on a beautiful place inside a secretive forest. Mary was wondering if he was to like her. Ethaniel, then, went into the sack bag on Silver Wing's side and took out lunch. They did skip breakfast, but, of course, Silver Wing didn't. Then both Mary and Ethaniel sat down to eat.

"Um, Ethaniel...Just wondering, but...Do you like me?" Mary asks.

Ethaniel smiles attractively and replies, "Yes, as a friend, but no as a girlfriend. See, I like this other girl...Her name is Thany and she's a Pegasus Knight like me, but I'm a guy so...It would be perfect if she liked me back, but that's impossible because she isn't from Pharae. Well, that doesn't bother me at all because I know I can always fly back to her, and then, one day, she and I will be together, hand in hand."

Mary smiles in amazement. "Wow! How romantic, Ethaniel!" Mary replies.

Ethaniel nods with a smile and said, "You're such a great friend. No wonder Roy likes...Uh, I mean, Roy and you are such good friends."

Mary made an odd look, but then she just simply just smiles.

Some time later, when the sun was about to set, Mary and Ethaniel had board on Silver Wing and flew into the sky of the blazing orange. As the sun went down and the sky had shone the blending of red, orange, and blue all over, Mary gazes deeply into the sun, seeing Marth. Oh, how she missed him so. Soon, they were hovering over the little cottage Ethaniel lives in.

As Silver Wing was flying lower and lower, going to land, Belle came out, yelling in excitement. Then Roy came out, and then Ethaniel's mother sticks her head out to see Mary, Ethaniel, and Silver Wing. She, then, went back inside, Belle following. As Silver Wing came lower, Mary could see Roy's expression on his face...worried. Right when Ethaniel hops off his winged horse, Roy immediately went to him and tugs him by the collar of his shirt.

"Ethaniel, what do you think you were doing? I told you that I didn't want you to do it! You know she had an injured leg?" Roy said harshly.

"Hey, she isn't hurt, is she?" Ethaniel replies.

"That does not matter! What you did wrong is-"

"Roy, it's okay. I'm fine and that's all that matters now. Don't start acting like your dad who is a worry wart," Mary said, cutting Roy's words.

Roy releases Ethaniel's collar and then looks away, blushing. Obviously, he had been over reacting every time Mary wasn't in his sight. He sighs, thinking to himself what a fool he had shone himself in front of her, but then again, her reactions had been kind and playful. Oh, how he loves her, but simply just couldn't tell her.

That night, Roy had trouble sleeping. Maybe, he thought, it was the hard floor he was laying on or was it something else. Suddenly, Roy hears someone creeps out of bed and slowly approaches the door and opens it and leaves, closing the door behind. He sat up, knowing who it was. It was Mary. Roy, immediately, stood up, quietly, and tips toes to the door and opens it slightly, peeking through it. He saw Mary just sitting there alone, and then he came out the cottage, quietly, so Mary couldn't hear him. Then he approaches her and sat right next to her, surprising her.

"Roy, I didn't know you were awake?" Mary asks with wide eyes.

"Well, I am," Roy replies with a smile. "I could not sleep."

"Me either," Mary replies.

Roy smiles slightly.

"Oh, Roy, I miss Marth so much," Mary tells Roy, hugging her legs to her chest.

Roy nods gently and then he replies, "It must be hard to be away from him, huh?"

Mary nods and then she looks at Roy's smiling face. That lighten her up right away.

"Mary, if you ever need someone to be with for comfort, I'm here. As a friend, I won't ever leave your side and I'll protect you from any harm...as I promise a long time ago," Roy said.

Mary leans her tired head on Roy's shoulder, making him blush, and she closes her eyes. She, then, whispers, "Roy, I thank you so much. Please, let me stay like this. I'm tired, but I just don't feel like staying in the cottage at the moment. Is it okay if I sleep on you like this?"

Roy nods and he gently replies, "Good night, my dear friend, Mary."

"Good night, Roy" Mary replies.

Mary, then, doses deeply into sleep, feeling Roy's warmth for comfort. `Roy...'

* * *

Morning had come and Mary's leg was in perfect condition so Roy and she would have to leave.

"Roy, you're leaving already?" Ethaniel said childishly.

"Yes, and it's partly because you disobey me and took Mary anyways," Roy mentions.

"It's not like I like her, Roy. It's simply getting to know her and becoming closer friends," Ethaniel suggests.

"Sure, whatever you say," Roy replies rudely.

"Well, Roy, maybe you say that because you like her too much, dude," Ethaniel jokes.

"Oh, please, Ethaniel," Roy said.

Mary came out of the cottage and then she gave both of them a smile. "Common, let's be on our way, Roy! We don't want your kingdom waiting for you!" she said cheerfully.

"Hai!" Roy replies.

"So, you're going to walk from here to there? That's about a half day journey, but if you were to fly on Silver Wing, you'll get there in about only four hours only", Ethaniel informs.

"Well, too bad for us because we can't," Roy replies sternly.

"Hey, what's with you, Roy," Ethaniel replies with a glare.

"You two boys, stop it already. Roy, stop picking fights with Ethaniel or else it'll take us even longer to get there," Mary said.

"You're right. Okay, let's go," Roy said.

Roy went up to Mary and put an arm around Mary's shoulders, making her move with him as he walks on a trail that lead into the dense forest. Mary looks upon Roy's childish face and that made her blush deeply red. Mary, then, turns her head to look back, seeing Belle, Ethaniel, and his mom waving good-bye. Absolutely, Mary knew Roy and her will meet Ethaniel again, but just not too soon.

As Roy and Mary are walking, both of them were talking about some pretty stupid stuff.

"Oh, and you say that Marth isn't the type of guy for me?" Mary said with narrow eyes.

"Yep! You should ditch him and come with me!" Roy said in a joshing voice.

"Like I'll ever," Mary said childishly and smiles gently.

Roy blushes and looks away and into the sky blue sky. The truth was he wasn't kidding, he meant it. He knew he had to win her heart over that annoying, flirty Marth.

"Oh, did you and Lilina do something at the town square?" Roy questions suddenly, staring at Mary once again.

"Yeah, we both went window shopping," Mary answer and looks at him.

"That means you didn't buy anything, huh..." Roy looks down and then looks back at Mary. "I should have given you some gold so you could have bought something..."

"It's okay, Roy. Lilina and I still had a great time until that killer castle came."

Roy giggles and put a hand over his forehead.

"Hey, it is! It was the cause of my injured leg!" Mary tells Roy.

"I know, but...Killer castle? Ha, ha, ha! That's a good one, Mary," Roy comments.

Mary sighs and then she looks ahead of her. All she could see was the dense forest and the trail that lead into a dark tunnel in the forest. The view of the forest was vast and beautiful. She, then, looks upon Roy's childish face, staring deeply into his blue eyes. Roy looks at Mary for just a brief moment and then he looks ahead of him again, blushing a bit. Mary giggles at his cute, childish reactions.

"Roy-kun..." Mary suddenly said, breaking the silence.

Roy blushes suddenly.

"What's wrong, Roy-kun? Is it something I said?" Mary asks.

"Yes...It's been so long since you've called me Roy-kun...It feels as if good memories are coming back", Roy relies and smiles handsomely.

"Well, I thank you for keeping the promise about two months ago...Roy, you mean so much to me," Mary said, looking away with a blush. "When I think about it, you were really always there for me. You were always by my side...when I was crying...and when I was happy..."

"Mary..." Roy's eyes narrows, and he stops walking.

Mary stops walking and faces towards him with confusion.

"Well, Mary...I...I...Words cannot express of how I truly feel towards you!" Roy said suddenly, and he hugs Mary tightly, securing her in his arms. "I know you're with Marth, but I...I...can't hold it in much longer...I love you, Mary...I love you..."

"Roy...I...I...I don't know how to feel...Gomenasai, Roy, but I only love you as...as a friend..." Mary said with pain in her heart.

Mary could feel the warmth of Roy. How very warm Roy was and how good it feels to have strong arms around her.

Roy held Mary tighter in his arms and he replies, "I don't care what you say or think of me...I'll keep loving you even if you love another...even if you only love me only as a friend...even if you are so far away from me that I can never reach you ever again...I'll still keep loving you...Mary."

"Roy..." Mary said with agony.

Mary warps her arms around his waist, and lays her tired head on his shoulder. Closing her eyes, she could feel an undiscovered feeling deep within her...a feeling that words cannot express. A feeling that was much more than she'll ever feel for Marth...'How could this be' Mary thought. `It was Marth I fell in love with...not Roy. Why does my heart desire Roy when I desire Marth...I'm so confused...'

"Gomen," Roy suddenly said. "I should have never told you...our relationship was best before I told you how I felt. I've confused your heart...Gomenasai..."

"Roy, it's okay. We're still friends...It's just that I can't love you...because I love Marth...And for I love Marth...I cannot love you," Mary replies.

Mary releases Roy from her arms and gently pushes him away from her. She looks to the ground, avoiding eyes with Roy.

"I can't hold you in my arms, Roy...I feel as if I was betraying Marth...Forgive me," Mary said, a little sadden.

"I understand," Roy said, and then he took Mary's hand. "Come on, Mary, let's go to Pharae together as friends. Forget what I said, okay?"

Mary nods, showing her smile to Roy. Roy gave her his cute, common smile.

"Well, let's continue our trail of friendship! Come on, Mary!" Roy said.

Roy starts to run, pulling Mary along with him.

"Ah, Roy-kun, you're a bit too fast for me to move my feet with you!" Mary said, tripping here and there.

"Oh, you're too slow!" Roy said.

Roy suddenly pulls Mary in front of him, and then he bent down quickly and lifted Mary up in the air and into his arms. Roy was carrying Mary as he ran, but he was happy. Roy stares up ahead, feeling greater than ever. He finally told Mary and, yet, nothing went wrong. Now she knew how he felt for her, and he has no more to worry about. His love for her all depends on her, now, if she chooses him over Marth.

Mary looks upon Roy's face, his red, wild hair and his true blue eyes. Roy was handsome in his own childish ways. Mary knew Roy well now, and she knows that she can trust him with all her heart. Mary closes her eyes until Roy made a stupid remark.

"Wow, you feel different since the last time I carried you. Less fat, I think," Roy said with a grin on his face.

"Roy!" Mary said playfully.

Roy laughs out loud and then he said, "Hey, Mary, I'm not kidding. You're more muscular than before!"

"Well, I've been getting awfully stronger these days...Maybe because I have to work myself harder than my ordinary day life back at my home...Home..." Mary said, her thoughts falling into the home she's been away for so long, now.

"Yes, home...I miss mine, but I'm returning to my home now...and soon, you'll be," Roy said with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, soon...But I want to keep on going on this adventure I'm having with all my friends here! It's so much better to do something here than to be lazy back at home!" Mary jokes.

Roy laughs once again and he questions, "You're lazy?"

"Well, I say that I'm only am because there's really nothing to do back at home! Ha, ha, ha!" Mary replies, laughing.

Roy continues his laugh of joy and so did Mary. And so Roy and Mary continue to talk about stupid things, and before they knew it, they were in front of the Pharae kingdom. Mary was already walking on her own, but, finally, Roy and Mary had made it to their destination.

Suddenly, an old, powerful knight on the walls of Pharae spots them and he calls out to some people behind the Pharae walls to open the gates. The old knight, obviously, had white hair and has narrow, purple eyes.

"Con nichi wa, Marcus!" Roy yells out to the Marcus.

"Good to see you, Lord Roy," Marcus said back, standing on the walls of Pharae. "Don't worry, I've sent knights to open the doors of Pharae for you."

"Arigato Marcus!" Roy yells out to Marcus, again.

Right when the door opens, Toyo, Geo, Lilina, Wolt, Lance, and Alan came out the gates to welcome Roy and Mary. All of them were so glad to see both of them.

"Kid Roy, you've survived!" Geo said, hugging Roy tightly, and then he roughly pushes Roy away from him. "Don't you dare scare ME like THAT AGAIN!"

Roy's face turns a bit red, but then he replies, "I won't...I'll try not to, Geo."

"It's so good to see you're both alright," Lilina said with harmony in her voice.

"And to know that we thought you were going to do something stupid! Oh, thank goodness that you weren't stupid enough!" Alan said.

"Alan!" Lance exclaims. "Forgive him, Lord Roy...He absolutely have no manners."

Roy giggles at what Lance had said.

"Roy, I've misses you!" Wolt said, hugging Roy briefly. "I've almost believed you were dead..."

"Well, I'm not," Roy said with a smile.

"It's a good thing you ran into Ethaniel. Well, it's good to see you're doing well, Lord Roy," Toyo said.

"Oh my goodness! Roy! LILINA CRIED!" Geo said.

"Only a little..." Lilina corrects.

"Sorry to have you worry about me so much, Lilina. Well, so when will you return to Ostia?" Roy asks.

"Soon enough, but not yet! Uncle said I can stay here...Err, I mean Lord Eliwood did!" Lilina replies.

"So many died..." Wolt said suddenly. "So many peasants died...We've also lost some knights..."

"Wolt..." Roy said. "Lighten up. Their death shall not be in vain. I say that when that castle comes again, I'll have them know the fiery of Sword of Seals!"

Suddenly, Marth came out the castle walls and suddenly his face was a smile.

"Mary! Roy! You're both alright!" Marth said, running towards them.

"Marth!" both Roy and Mary said at one time.

Marth ran towards Roy and took hold of both Roy's hands and twirls Roy and himself around and around, saying, "I'm so glad to see you! Glad to see you're alright! You idiot..."

Then Marth releases Roy's hands, leaving Roy to fall onto his back. Marth went up to Mary and picks her off the ground and twirls her around once. Then he places her back on her feet and kisses her on the lips, his hands on her shoulders.

"And I miss you, especially, my love. Oh Mary, it's been so long!" Marth said. "Hopefully, Roy did nothing to you, did he not?"

"He didn't, Marth. Don't worry," Mary said, showing a smile.

Marth smiles back at Mary and then he said, "I was so lonely without you!"

Mary was so happy to see Marth again...And everyone else. She surely missed all of them, even though it's only been a couple of days.

Eliwood came through the gates, his face pure white.

"Roy! My son! You're okay!" Eliwood said, running towards Roy.

"Father!" Roy replies.

Both the son and father hugged. Eliwood, then, releases Roy from his grasp and looks at Mary.

"Hmm...Welcome back to Pharae. Mary's the name, right?" Eliwood asks.

"Yes it is. It's a pleasure to meet you and finally talk to you, Lord Eliwood," Mary said.

"It sure is," Eliwood said, smiling. "So, why don't we all come into the kingdom of Pharae? Let's have some lunch. After all, I'm a hungry old man!"

Everyone laughs at Eliwood.

"Your not too old, dad. You're just wrinkly," Roy said.

Everyone laughs even louder. All of them soon entered the walls of Pharae, happily at last. Happy to all be together, at last.

* * *

The next day had come. Mary had just woken up on a soft, warm bed in the guest room. She immediately thought of Marth...Marth had left last night to return to his kingdom. She wanted to stay here, in Pharae, with everyone else since all of her friends were from Pharae. Yes, it was true. All of Mary's friends ARE from Pharae. She wondered if she will ever become friends with anyone in Altea.

From the outside of the walls of the Pharae castle, Mary could hear the constructing of the broken houses even if the sun was still rising. The sun was hiding itself behind the ground of the earth, but its fragrance colored the sky beautifully. Mary kept still in her bed, staring out the window...wondering what her faith in destiny will take her to now. Suddenly, someone walks in.

"Hello there, Lady Mary. So...you're awake," the person said.

"Huh?" Mary said, sitting up on the bed and turn to look to see who the person was.

There stood Wolt at the door. He was waving childishly to Mary, his head cocked to the side.

"Ohayo, Wolt-kun," Mary greeted.

"Ohayo, Mary-san," Wolt said politely.

"Ah...What is Roy up to these days...I've been so worried about my brother..." Wolt said.

"Huh?" Mary said with a questionable face.

"My brother...I call Roy my brother...Sorry to confuse you..." Wolt said, rubbing the back of his head with embarrassment.

"Oh, okay...Now I understand...It's alright...So...You're worried about Roy?" Mary asks.

"Yeah, I really am...He hasn't been talking to me lately nor is he interested in doing anything with me anymore. Was it something I did?" Wolt asks.

"I don't know...I think Roy's just going on with life. That's all! There's nothing really personal with Roy or anything!" Mary replies cheerfully.

"Mary...I know...Something...Why Roy hasn't been talking to me lately...That's why I came here..." Wolt said, looking towards the floor.

"Huh? What is it?" Mary asks.

"Well...Roy has been...paying more attention to someone else, rather than me...I feel like as if Roy's shutting me away from his life, now. The only person Roy would talk to now is Toyo. Mary, you've been with him for a while...Do you know why he's like this? It worries me..." Wolt said, still staring towards the floor.

"Wolt, why don't you try to ask Roy. I bet Roy doesn't mind at all to answer to you," Mary replies with a slight smile.

"I did, but all he did was turned his back towards me. What did I do to Roy to make him act like this? I don't know what to do or say to Roy anymore," Wolt said with a little cry.

"Hmm... I'll see what I can do for you, Wolt," Mary said, smiling. "I'll get Roy back into the mood of talking to you."

"Arigato, Mary-san!" Wolt said happily, hugging Mary tightly around her waist.

"Iie, Wolt-kun," Mary replies with a gentle smile on her face.

Wolt releases Mary and then he heads towards the door, but then Mary suddenly said, "Oh, and Wolt."

Wolt turns around to look at Mary and then he answers, "Yeah?"

Mary took a deep breath and then said, "Well...Roy told me that he loved me..."

"What did you say?" Wolt said.

"I said that I couldn't love him...That I love Marth. And for us to only be friends," Mary tells Wolt.

"Oh...Hmm...Well, he always had a crush on you for a long time, Mary. When Roy arrived from Pharae with you, he's been with you all the time. And that event after the wedding...those three days when you were knocked out...All Roy could think of was you...Of course, Marth was by your side as well, but it seems Roy had always liked you from the start," Wolt said.

"You know...I never knew that...I thought Roy had just some really deep friend-emotions for me...I never knew he'd already liked me...from the very first time we had met. Now...He had fallen in love with me...Roy..." Mary said, looking towards the floor.

"I guess I should leave you alone to think," Wolt said quietly and then he left the room.

All was left was Mary, surrounded in the quietness.

"Roy...Hmm...I can't...My heart is so confused..." Mary said to herself.

Mary wraps her arms around herself, feeling an emotion she has never felt before. Mary suddenly heard shouts from outside the window. She stood up, walks towards the window of the guest room, and looks out to see who was shouting.

There was Roy, spinning and twirling around with his blade, the Sword of Seals. Roy was practicing his swordsmanship. This was the first time Mary actually saw Roy practicing. Right at the moment, Roy seems to be focused, but how he moved was graceful. His hair waves about on his face as he swings his blade, his cape floating about. He looks so handsome. No, he was not handsome. He was beautiful. He was so very beautiful in Mary's eyes. Her eyes focused on Roy, her mind clear of no worries.

"I wonder...can it really be that I...Perhaps...I don't know," Mary said to herself quietly.

Mary stares away from Roy, and then she left the lonely room she was in. After taking a morning shower, Mary left the castle of Pharae. She decides she wants to see the village.

As Mary walks on the road which leads to the village of Pharae, she suddenly spots Lilina, who is standing underneath the tree, gazing upon the gigantic blue sky. Mary suddenly went towards Lilina.

"Hey, Lilina!" Mary said, smiling brightly.

"Hi, Mary!" Lilina said back and smiles as well.

"So, what are you doing up here?" Mary asks.

"Oh..." Lilina became silent for a moment. "I was just thinking of my father..."

"Oh...I think I remember hearing that he died...from Roy," Mary said.

"He did...But he died, protecting all that he loved and cherished…" Lilina said and then she looks down to the grassy ground. Tears fell from Lilina's eyes. "His home, his people, and me. That was all that he had ever wanted in the world and all that he had ever loved. He and I were very happy with the way life was. I would do anything...just anything to see my father again. He was my most treasured family member...my only family member. Now, I don't even have a family anymore. No parents, no siblings. I feel very lonely not having my father around anymore..." Lilina said, looking up towards the sky, tears still falling from her eyes. "Yet, I can still remember my father here at my side…here, supporting me. He'd always smiled, showing me that light in the world. I knew I wasn't alone. My dad...he had always been very strong at heart, and knowing that, he expects me to have that very same strong heart...so I must take his death without loosing a tear…but I just can't. He was all I had...my only family…the one who knew me most…the one who made me who I am…the one who fed me…gave me shelter…the one who raised me with love from his very bottom of his soul. He is, after all, my father."

"Lilina..." Mary said, sadly.

"I never really knew my mother. I just know her how my dad tells me about her. He told me...she was a gallant woman...That I resemble her..." Lilina wipes tears from her eyes. "And he also said that I had her courage and her heart. He'd always seem to look upset when he thinks of my mother, and I had always felt that I should do something about it. But now...he's dead and there's nothing more I can do for him...He left me regretting to show my truest love towards him. I wish I could have shone him how much more I loved him…because he loved me so dearly as well. I was never alone when he was here. Now, I'm alone in this world...I have no family to turn to...when I seek their help the most..."

"Lilina..." Mary said again. "Let me be your sister...Let me help you through this pain and suffering as a sister of yours."

"Mary..." Lilina said, tears swelling up in her eyes. "I...accept your offer...sister..."

Lilina hugs Mary tightly, letting out all of her sorrow in the tears that fell from her eyes. Mary wraps her arms around Lilina, crying, for she knew how Lilina felt because, she too, had been away from her family.

"Lilina, I will help you," Mary said, tears falling from her eyes. "In a world that's full of sorrow, as your sister, I will support you all the way."

"Sister..." Lilina said, still crying. "I thank you so much...arigato...Mary..."

"I'm glad that...I had decided to go the village," Mary said.

Lilina and Mary looked upon the blue, beautiful sky. The sky looks like it was crying...in a way...

"I only wish that I could be here a lifetime with you, sister..." Mary said.

"Mary...I can't thank you enough..." Lilina said, her crying, stopped.

Lilina pulls away from Mary and then she smiles. Mary smiles as well.

"There's no need to cry over something that was in the past..." Lilina said.

"Sister...I'm glad I can help you," Mary replies in a gentle voice.

Lilina nods happily.

"Come on, sister! Let's go to the village and go window shopping!" Mary said with joy.

"Yes, of course!" Lilina said, giggling a bit.

Lilina and Mary had return from the village, spotting Roy from a distant. Roy saw them, and he smiles happily.

"So there you girls have been! You both worried me so much!" Roy tells them.

Both Lilina and Mary giggled at Roy.

"Roy, don't be a worry wart!" Mary said with a smile.

"I guess I shouldn't worry. You know, you and Lilina...are the toughest women I had ever met..." Roy said shyly.

Lilina, Mary, and Roy all laughs together in happiness.

It was the cold of the night as Mary stared out into the vast, green plains of Pharae. The moonlight shines on the grass gracefully as the wind blew across the fields. Mary was thinking to herself...about how she had gotten here...how she fell from the cliff and landed with no injuries...how she blacked out when she, Roy, and Marth were captured by the Dark Alias, and they ended up to be safe and sound. All of it didn't make any sense at all. All Mary can feel is this sort of strange, powerful force inside her. A force she cannot say in words nor does she know how to use it. A force that would release with mass destruction...She really didn't know.

The door creeks suddenly. Mary turns around to see it was Roy.

"Roy, what are you..." Mary said.

"Shh...I don't want anyone to find out that I'm here. I want to talk to you about something," Roy said in a whisper.

"What is it? Is there something wrong?" Mary asks.

Roy nods and looks away, gazing at the glowing moon, his eyes with sorrow.

"Lilina...she's going back to Ostia...tomorrow..." Roy said.

"Lilina...Will she be okay?" Mary asks.

"Yes, I'm sure, but there's other bad news as well..." Roy said. "The Dark Alias...has been seen all over the Elibe continent. They've been attacking so many minor villages...so I will have to go, Mary. This continent needs me at the moment. I have to go save it from the hands of the evil Dark Alias. I'm going to be going on a journey so please go to Altea and stay there with Marth."

"Roy..." Mary said, looking away, sadly. "When will you be leaving?"

"In a week," Roy replies. "Please, Mary...I don't want you to get hurt coming with me..."

"Roy...I don't want to...leave you...at all..." Mary said and her face saddens.

"Mary...Why don't you want to be with Marth?" Roy asks.

"I don't know why...but I feel that I must be with you..."

"Mary..."

Roy pulls Mary towards him and wraps his arms around her and holds her gently in his arms. Roy closes his eyes and rests his head on hers. To Roy, Mary was very precious to him. He didn't want her to die...because she would die in a place that was not her home. All he wants now is for her to be happy, but, lately, he'd notices that she had been pretending to be strong. That she hid her feelings from everyone else so no one would worry for her. She would cry, but her cries were only a couple of tears. Roy could only wish he could do something for her to make her truly happy...to truly smile and laugh without any worries.

Mary did nothing, but sat there silently in Roy's arms. Mary knew how she truly feels for Roy, but for some reason, she couldn't say it to him...She just couldn't. Marth was like a friend that she had a crush on, but Roy...he was something else to her. Something that is dear to her heart...He was the one she truly loved. The one who loved her in every way. The one who shared her smiles and laughter...the one who shared her dreams and hope...and the one who shared her tears and pain in her heart. He shared everything with her, but she knew that she shouldn't feel that way about him because he was only a friend...only a friend...

"Roy," Mary asks suddenly.

"Nani?" Roy said in a soft voice.

"Can you sleep here, next to me tonight…"

"For you, I will, Mary-chan."

Mary smiles slightly and wraps her arms around Roy tightly, savoring Roy's warmth. She did truly love Roy…but she just could not accept that thought because she had Marth.

Roy's grip tightens on Mary, holding back all the love he had for Mary. Roy gently pushes Mary down until she lay on the bed, as well as he did. Clutching her close, he watches Mary fall into her peaceful sleep, and soon he felt utterly tired and fell asleep himself.

* * *

The next day came and Lilina was leaving Pharae to return to Ostia.

"Good bye, sister. I'll miss you," Mary said to Lilina.

"I only wish you can come...but you have to go somewhere else, right?" Lilina said.

"Yes, I have to go to Altea. That is why I can't go with you. I do wish that I can come with you, sister. It hurts to know we will be separated from each other," Mary said sadly.

"It does, but I'm stronger now. I'm not alone anymore because you are here with me, Mary. You and Roy are there with me in spirit, and I know my dad is watching over me. I thank you so much, sister," Lilina said with a weak smile.

"Lilina! We must return now!" Toyo calls out.

"Toyo, I didn't know you served Ostia," Mary said.

"Oh, I guess you didn't know. Well, I do, but I came to Pharae because Lilina came and I also came to train with Geo, Alan, and Lance," Toyo said properly.

"I see. Well, take care, Toyo!" Mary said to Toyo, happily.

"As well as you, Mary. It's been great to know you," Toyo said to Mary with a smile.

Then, Toyo and Lilina leave Pharae. Mary can only pray for their safety, hoping Lilina would be alright on her own. And also hoping that she would, one day, meet Toyo and Lilina once again before she leaves this world forever...

* * *

That day passed on quickly. Soon, without Mary knowing, it was the day she would leave to Altea...

Mary was in the carriage with Marth. They were right outside the gates of Pharae. Roy stuck his head in the window, suddenly.

"Mary, please don't worry about me. I'll be alright. Marth, please take good care of her," Roy said.

"I will. Don't worry, Roy," Marth replies kindly.

"Sayonara, Roy-kun," Mary said childishly, smiling happily.

Roy smiles lightly and replies, "Sayonara, Mary-chan...Marth-san..."

"Farewell, my friend" Marth said with a smile and waves at Roy.

Roy pulls his head out the window and the carriage dashes away. Roy looks at the carriage, seeing the last of Mary and Marth. He, then, waves his both of his arms, back and forth, and smiles.

Mary didn't dare to look back for she knows she might just fall into tears. Marth took her hand, and she looks up to see his handsome face. Mary smiles, hiding her sorrow from him. She didn't want Marth to worry about her at all. Marth was better off knowing that she feels happy with him…or was she wrong?

"Marth," Mary asks.

"Hmm?" Marth replies.

"Um...if you feel a bond stronger from a certain someone than the one you love, what...um...what could become of it?" Mary looks away.

"Well, is this certain someone Roy?" Marth asks with dull, narrow eyes.

"NO!! Of course not! I don't...feel a strong bond with Roy...only a strong friendship" Mary replies, trying to lie.

Marth laughs so suddenly, but then he stops. "Your reply was so funny...you should have seen the look on your face."

"Marth! Oh well...I guess I'm feeling sort of hazy...that's all," Mary said.

"Are you okay? Feeling sick?" Marth asked, worried.

"Well, I'm fine...just...not in the mood..." Mary replies.

"Oh, okay," Marth said, and then the ride was quiet the rest of the way.

Mary and Marth had arrived at Altea, at last.

Sheida was at Altea at the time so Mary decides to ask her a favor.

"Sheida," Mary asks.

"Nani?" Sheida replies.

"Um...can you possibly teach me to be a...Pegasus knight?" Mary asks shyly.

"Oh! Why don't you say so! Sure I will. You are a girl! I'll be happy to help you," Sheida said with a smile.

"Really? So you don't hate me?" Mary asks.

"Of course I don't. Mary, I am sorry how I treated you last time, but I found out that I was blinded by jealousy. Now that I know, I want to be friends. You seem like such a great person, Mary," Sheida tells Mary.

Mary smiles happily.

"Okay, so first you need a Pegasus to ride on. Maybe you should try to call on one," Sheida tells Mary.

"Huh? How? I don't even know a Pegasus," Mary replies.

"Well, I've known this Pegasus for a while...Her names Unia and she seems very shy, but...well, poor Unia...she doesn't trust anyone on her, but maybe you might have a shot," Sheida tells Mary.

"Really? I hope I can help Unia! Strange...It seems as if I knew Unia, some how....Oh well! How do I call her?" Mary asks.

"Call Unia with your soul. If you have a true heart, she will come to you," Sheida said.

Mary focuses deep in her heart...She feels a sort of pulse in her heart...Mary opens her eyes and sees the mythical beast right before her. The Pegasus was shy, but then she sniffs Mary and then she neighs happily and rubs her nose against Mary's hands.

"I see that Unia is already fond of you, Mary," Sheida said.

"I felt as if I know her from a long time ago...I think in a dream. Yes, I sort of remember it now...When I was little, I use to play with a baby Pegasus and a young boy in my dreams all the time. I'm sure Unia was that baby Pegasus," Mary replies.

"Really! Wow! That's a very rare occasion when a Pegasus appears before you in a dream. That means that Unia was destined to be yours, Mary," Sheida said happily.

"Wow! That's great! Unia, it looks like you and I will become very fast friends," Mary said and smiles.

Unia neighs in happiness.

"Well, that means you and I can start your training right away," Sheida said, smiling.

"That'll be great," Mary replies.

* * *

Weeks had past since Mary's training. Her bond with Unia was very strong, and her friendship with Sheida had grown fast. Her skills as a Pegasus knight had become vast and superb. One day, Sheida asks Mary a question.

"Wow Mary! You learn so fast! You might even be better than me!" Sheida said with a smile on her face. "Anyway, Mary...Um...I must ask you something..."

"What is it?" Mary asks.

"Well, how come, all of a sudden, you wanted to learn how to fight?" Sheida questions.

"That's because I want to see Roy as soon as I can. I want to be of use to him, and I want to be by his side. Truly, all I want is to be with him," Mary replies.

"I see...that's exactly how I feel for Marth," Sheida said in a gentle voice.

"Really?" Mary asks anxiously.

"Really," Sheida said and smiles happily. "I just hope he comes back to me..."

"Oh, I'm sorry if I stole Marth from you!" Mary said so suddenly.

"It's okay, Mary. I'm fine. Marth will be Marth," Sheida said happily. "I know that he'll come back to me."

"I know...because I finally found out that...I want to be with Roy more than anything," Mary said, gazing into the distance of the sky.

* * *

It was a special day, especially for Marth. It was the day when his childhood friend, Maric, finally comes back to Altea!

"Marth! Marth!" yells a green eyes boy who had neat green hair that fell neatly beside his face, named Gordon. "Marth! Maric is here! He'd finally arrived!"

Marth looks up from a book he was reading and said excitedly, "What! Maric!"

"Yeah!" replies the Gordon.

"Maric is here! Oh, Gordon! I'm so very happy! It's been like forever since I've seen him! I must make haste to see him!" Marth said with a big smile on his face.

"Me, too!" Gordon suddenly said.

"Who's Maric?" Mary asks.

"Maric is my childhood friend from LONG ago!" Marth replies happily. "He's a mage!"

"Wow...a mage..." Mary said in amazement.

"Come on, Mary! I want you to meet him!" Marth said, grabbing Mary's hand and pulls her with him as he ran to the port.

Gordon follows closely behind.

At last, the port was in view and then there was a crowd of people hovering over someone. This someone had frizzy looking green hair that fell on his forehead and beside his face. He wore a big, pointy hat on his head and a cape that surrounded and covered his body. This guy was Maric.

"Maric! Yo, buddy!" Marth calls out to him.

Maric turns to look where Marth's voice was calling. His expression on his face went from dull to happy. Suddenly, Maric ran towards Marth, his arms in the air, waiting to give Marth a big bear hug.

"Marth! Marth!" Maric calls out, and when he finally reaches to where Marth stand, he wraps his arms around Marth and said, happily, "Marth, ole buddy! I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Maric!" Marth said, patting Maric's back, and then backs off from Maric's bear hug. "So...How's Linda doing?"

"Linda? She's doing fine. I can't believe she's strong than I!" Maric made a funny face and sighs. "I guess women just are smarter than men..."

"That's true, but depends if the women cares for such things or not," Marth replies.

"Hey, buddy ole Maric!" Gordon said, shaking Maric's hand.

"Ah! Gordon! Good to see you as well!" Maric said and gave a huge smile on his face. Then Maric notices Mary. "And who might you be, young lady?"

"My name is Mary...But I'm not of this world," Mary replies.

Maric gave a confused look and looks at Marth for an explanation.

"Oh, she sure isn't from this world, but you probably didn't know that since she's wearing her Pegasus Knight uniform," Marth tells Maric.

"I see...Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Mary," Maric replies with a smile.

"And a pleasure to meet you as well," Mary said, smiling.

"Marth, is she your..." Maric asks, but then Marth answers immediately, knowing what Maric was going to ask.

"If you think so, then yeah," Marth replies and gave a slight smile.

Mary looks at the ocean and the huge boat that Maric road on to get here. A breeze came blowing, making her hair flutter wherever the wind blew it. The wind suddenly reminds her of Roy...His red, wild hair. His blue, beautiful eyes and his shy kindness. She surely did miss him.

Marth, Mary, Gordon, and Maric had return back to the castle of Altea.

"What's with the commotion down here..." said Dallas when he came walking in slowly.

"Err...Gomen...did we interrupt your meditation, Dallas?" Marth asks.

"Yes, you sure did," Dallas replies. "Ah, so Maric had come to visit."

"Yes, Sir Dallas," Maric replies politely.

"It's great to see you again..." Dallas said to Maric.

"And to you as well, Sir," Maric replies with a warm smile.

Suddenly, a little boy came running in the room. He had baby blue hair, and big, adorable red eyes. This boy was named Shigue, Dallas's grandson.

"Ogi!!! Maric is here! YAY! Brother Maric!" Shigue yells and runs up to Maric and hops into Maric's arms.

"Hi, Little Shigue. How have you been?" Maric asks with a smile on his face.

"Me do fine," Shigue replies.

"Hmm…That's good to hear," Maric replies.

"Maric, when do you suppose you'll be leaving?" Marth asks.

"Probably tomorrow in the afternoon. I have a tight schedule. We mages don't have as much free time as we wish," Maric replies with sorrow in his voice.

"I see…" Marth replies, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Well, feel free to be at home as you wish. Even if you won't be staying long, at least have a great time here, Maric," Dallas said and then left the room.

"Yeah, Dallas is right. We might as well make the best use of our time," Marth said.

"Nooo…me don't want Brother Maric to leave…Nooo…" Shigue whines.

"I'm not leaving until tomorrow," Maric replies softly.

"Nooo! Brother Maric, don't leave at all!" Shigue replies with a shout.

"Shigue...I'm sorry, but I'm a busy man…" Maric said feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Fine, you leave tomorrow, but you have to play with me now until night, and for tomorrow, morning until afternoon!" Shigue replies cutely.

"Fine, fine. I'll play with you," Maric replies, smiling.

"YAY!"

"Well, you'll be leaving to play with Little Shigue?" Marth asks.

"Yeah, I guess…" Maric replies.

"Then I'll play with you two!" Marth replies.

Gordon and I giggle. Then Gordon said, "I wish I could play with you three, but I have to go for archery practice. I may be good, but I still need to get better!"

"Oh, alright," Marth replies, feeling a bit disappointed.

"I'll just be with Ellis if anyone needs me," Mary replies quietly.

"Sure!" Marth replies.

"Ja," Mary replies and leaves the room.

The night had come. Mary was in Ellis's room, sitting on Ellis's bed as Ellis was at the table, brushing her hair. Both of them were talking about Marth.

"I see. Well, I can't help it but let my brother do such things," Ellis replies.

Mary nods with a warm smile on her face. She suddenly stood up and then said, "Well, I'm going to the boys, now."

"Alright," Ellis said with a smile.

"Well, until then," Mary said and left Ellis's room.

Just right before her was Shigue who held something behind his back. He then shows what he was holding to Mary, stretching his arms out. Then he asks, adorably, "Sister Mary, can you read me this book?"

Mary smiles and then replies, "Okay, Little Shigue."

Mary enters Shigue's room, seeing Maric and Marth sitting on the bed, giggling together.

"Ah, so you actually did go and get Mary, eh?" Marth replies.

"Uh-huh!" Shigue replies cutely. "Mary-san, read me book!"

"Okay," Mary replies with a warm smile and sat on the bed.

Shigue ran up and climbs onto the bed and snuggles underneath his blanket. Shigue lays his head on his pillow and then looks at Mary and says, "Okay, me ready!"

Mary opens the book that Shigue gave her and she reads it to him. Soon, Shigue was asleep. Marth had already left to go to sleep. The only one who was still here awake was Maric.

"You're a great reader, Mary," Maric tells Mary.

"Thanks," Mary replies.

"Well, I better be off to bed as well," Maric said, getting up from the bed and about to leave Shigue's room.

"Um, Maric, I'll like to ask you something," Mary suddenly said.

Maric suddenly stops in his tracks and turns around and replies with a smile, "What is it, Mary?"

"Um, do you like someone?" Mary asks. "You don't need to…"

"Yes, I do." Maric answers, interrupting Mary. "I happen to like Ellis a lot."

"Marth's older sister?" Mary replies.

"Yeah…" Maric said, blushing.

"Well, what if you seem to like someone…" Mary said.

"Someone else as well? Well, I get what you mean…I mean, I sort of have a crush on Linda, but I like Ellis more," Maric replies. "So, since I like Ellis more, I'm going for her."

"How do you know?" Mary replies.

"Even if my brain denies, my heart tells me so. That's why…" Maric said with a smile.

"I see…Thanks for answering, Maric," Mary said joyfully.

"No problem at all, Mary," Maric said and left the room, leaving the door open for Mary to leave as well.

Mary looks out the window of Shigue's room, thinking of Roy. What Maric said…it was very true. Her heart tells her that she loves Roy, but denies such a thought. The only thing now is that she must face Marth. Mary slowly stands up and leaves the room, closing the door. As she walks through the halls, she wonders if she truly wants to return home or not.

* * *

It was the day that Maric was leaving. The morning went too fast for Marth, Gordon, and especially Shigue. Now, Mary, Marth, Gordon, Shigue, and Maric were at the port.

"I guess it's good bye…for now," Marth says sadly.

"Yeah…" Maric replies, not showing his warm smile.

"No, Brother Maric can't go!" Shigue cries and runs to Maric and hugs him tightly.

"I have to go now, Shigue," Maric replies, sounding as if he might cry any moment.

"Good bye, Maric," Gordon replies with sorrow.

"Yeah…" Mary said quietly.

"Good bye, everyone!" Maric said quickly and then pulls away from Shigue's grip.

"MARIC!!!" Shigue yells and tries to run after Maric, but then he was stop by Gordon.

"It's no use, Shigue. Maric has to go back," Gordon said, sounding calm, even if tears were sliding on his face.

"It would be a long time before we'll see Maric again," Marth said, wiping tears from his eyes.

"Marth…Gordon…Shigue…" Mary said sadly, feeling sorry for them.

`I wish to shed tears just as you three, but I can't because I have not known Maric as much as you three had…' Mary thought to herself.

That night was a lonely night for everyone she knew at Altea. Its quietness saddens Mary greatly…It was the leaving of one great friend.

* * *

While Mary's stay, Marth had observed her closely for awhile now. Mary was not acting like her usual self. She seems too soft and her eyes always told him that she was sad. Marth knew there was something wrong and he knew exactly what it was. She was sad to be away from Roy. So one day Marth decides to talk to Mary.

"Mary, I need to talk to you," Marth said.

"Huh? What is it?" Mary replies with a warm smile.

"Is there something wrong?" Marth asks.

"No, nothing at all. I'm happy here in Altea with you," Mary said.

"Mary...stop faking it," Marth suddenly said in a soft, but harsh voice.

"What?" Mary replies softly.

"Stop faking your emotions! You act as if you don't even care for Roy! Don't you worry for him?" Marth asks.

Mary looks down at the floor. "Yes, I do. I pray for him every night."

"Mary..." Marth places his hand underneath Mary's chin and lifts her head so that he could see her face clearly. "Stop acting so soft. It's okay to cry sometimes. It's okay to let out your true feelings...don't hold them in."

Mary looks away and then said, "Hold what?"

"Mary!" Marth said so harshly that made Mary jump. "Stop acting like that! I know how you truly feel for him!" Marth held Mary in his arms. "Please do not lie to me...It hurts to know that you're sad."

Mary pulls away from Marth's grasp.

Marth grabs Mary's arm and looks at her straight in the eyes. The then said in a harsh voice, "Mary...You love Roy. Your heart yearns for Roy. You mustn't turn away from that heart of yours. Mary, I do not truly love you...I only love you as a very dear friend..." Marth confesses.

"I...I know that..." Mary said sadly.

"You do...Well...I guess you want to go to Roy," Marth said sadly.

"I do," Mary replies.

"Well, I'm not going to stop you," Marth tells Mary.

"No, I can't go…" Mary said with sadness. She looks down towards the floor. "Roy told me to stay here. I also want to stay with you and Sheida! I want to get to know everyone here…"

"Mary…you do know everyone here…you know me...Sheida, Shigue, Dallas, Gordon, and my precious sister, Ellis, already. You've also met my childhood friend, Maric, who's not here any longer..."

"But I…still want to get to know all of them better. Especially Shigue and Ellis."

"Don't worry, Mary. I bet we all will see you again."

"Hmm…Hai…Arigato, Marth!" Mary said, hugging Marth tightly.

"You do love Roy, don't you?" Marth asks.

"Hai, I do love Roy. I love Roy more than anything. I want to be with him," Mary tells Marth. "But Marth..."

"Nani?" Marth replies in a gentle, calming voice.

"Will you be sad?" Mary asks.

"Of course, I will, Mary! You are a very dear friend to me!" Marth said.

"And Marth..." Mary asks again.

"Nani?"

"Will you tell Sheida how you truly feel for her...I think that will make her very happy," Mary tells Marth.

"I will," Marth said calmly. Marth kisses Mary on the fore head. "Now Mary, get all the supplies you need here and leave to Ostia ASAP."

"Ostia? How come?" Mary asks.

"Roy's there at the time. He'll be leaving there in some days so you better get going!" Marth said happily.

"Hai!" Mary said and she zooms off.

Marth's sister came up to Marth and looks at Marth. Then she said, "You will miss her dearly, won't you, dear brother?"

Marth nods. "She's like a little sister to me, Ellis."

"And to me as well," Ellis replies.

Marth looks at his sister in surprise.

"She makes me feel happy when I see her. Mary...she's such a great person," Ellis said.

"Yeah..." Marth replies calmly. "I only wish she was from our world."

Ellis looks at Marth, serenely. "Me too, Marth. If only..."

* * *

Riding her winged Pegasus, Unia, up high in the sky, Mary thought to herself about how happy she would feel when she saw Roy and Lilina again. It felt as if it had been forever since she saw both of them. Ostia was only a couple miles ahead now, and Mary just can't wait to see all of her friends.

"Lord Roy! Lord Roy! There's a Pegasus knight flying in the sky!" Toyo calls out.

"Huh?" Roy said in confusion. "Can it be one of the three Pegasus sisters?"

"No, it isn't. The knight has brown hair, Lord Roy."

"What? I never heard of a Pegasus knight with brown hair. Usually they have some sort of green, blue, pink, or purple hair color. The only Pegasus knight I know that has a different hair color than the colors I've just said is Ethaniel."

"Well, there is your brown hair Pegasus knight."

Roy looks at the direction to see that what Toyo had said was true.

"Wow, maybe they come in all sorts of hair color!" Roy jokes.

"Lord Roy!" Toyo said, scolding a bit.

"Hey…It's Mary!" Roy suddenly said with excitement.

Roy ran towards the direction of the Pegasus knight, waving his hand and hollering her name.

"Mary! Mary! You came!" Roy said with joy.

Unia lands on the ground smoothly, then Mary gets off Unia immediately, and runs towards Roy.

"Roy! I miss you so much!" Mary hollers out to Roy, still running towards him.

"Mary!" Roy yells once again.

Roy and Mary hugs each other dearly, so happy to see each other.

"I'm so happy to see you!" Mary said, hugging Roy tighter by the moment.

"I am as well!" Roy said. "Mary…"

"Nani, Roy-kun?" Mary replies, staring into Roy's blues eyes with ease.

"I wish to kiss you dearly." Roy said suddenly.

Mary blushes. She imagines herself kissing Roy deeply. The scene just didn't look right.

"Um…sure," Mary said shyly.

Roy knew Mary wasn't ready for a kiss from the lips so he simply kisses her on her forehead, and then held her tighter. After a while, Roy pulls away from Mary and then he looks intensively into her dark brown eyes. Then he asks, "So Mary, what made you come back for me? Don't you love Marth? Don't you want to be with him?"

Mary blushes deeply, gulps, and then said, "I do love Marth so, but only as a friend. I also want to be with him, but I found out…" Mary gulps once again. "I…I…" Mary's voice starts to jitter. "Um…I found out how much I truly…" Mary starts to feel a bit warm, her stomach twirling like crazy, and her head feeling dizzy. She shook her head to knock off her nervousness. "Ai shi teru!" she said straight out. "AI SHI TERU!"

Roy's eyes where open wide. How happy he felt to hear those words "ai shi teru"…"I love you"…from the one he truly loved. Was this to be? Roy had no idea, but he was so happy he didn't care.

Roy rubs his fingers on Mary's cheeks, drawing his face closer to hers, and then he said, "I've always loved you, my beloved Mary. I always did. If only you and I could be with each other forever…"

"Roy, don't say that…It makes me sad to know that I have to leave you," Mary said, sadly. Wrapping her arms around Roy, she laid her head against his chest.

Roy wraps his arms around Mary, securing her. "Mary…"

Lying her head on his chest, she can hear his smooth heart beat…just that it wasn't really smooth…it was racing SUPER fast!

"Roy! You're nervous!" Mary complains as she pulls away from Roy.

"What can I do? How could I stay calm around a person like you?" Roy replies with a little anger.

"What!" Mary said with some anger.

"Yeah, you heard me. I can't stay calm around you! I feel SHAKY!!!"

Mary laughs so loud, it almost seem as if everyone in Ostia heard her.

"M-M-Mary, don't laugh at me!!!" Roy said with embarrassment and anger.

"AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can't help it! You're too funny! AHAHAHAHA!!!" Mary said, laughing crazily.

Roy blushes bright red. "Mary…" Roy, then, tackles Mary onto the grassy ground, restraining her from hitting him. "Oh, you're so going to pay for this!!!"

"Roy-kun! Ugu~~~" Mary replies, unable to get herself free from Roy's grip.

"Heh, I won this argument!" Roy said in a funny, wicked voice.

Then, so suddenly, Roy notices something…he was practically over Mary. He suddenly gulps and blushes as he stares at Mary. His eyes staring at Mary's angered face, unable to look away. He could feel her body underneath him, her smooth arms as he held it, restraining it to move, and her comforting, recognizable warmth…Roy sudden feels ashamed of his thoughts.

As for Mary, she was still mad about loosing the argument to Roy. It was the first time their little, stupid, crazy arguments were actually settled, but she wasn't really mad. She was sort of happy that their old selves were coming back out again. One thing's for sure, Mary was very uncomfortable underneath Roy for he weighed a bit much.

"Roy-kun…you're squishing me…" Mary suddenly lets out.

"Hmmm…Should I get off?" Roy asks with a joker face.

"Ugu~~~" Mary replies cutely.

"My, must you two fight every time you are to see each other again?" Toyo mutters, slightly hitting his forehead with the palm of his hand.

Roy stood up, helping Mary up as well, and then Roy replies, "It's just how we show our affection towards each other. It's rather odd, though."

"Yeah, it can't be helped, but Roy and I aren't really mad when we do that. We're pretty happy!" Mary replies cheerfully. "But Roy...when I said that I loved you…I meant it more than just friends, but a little less than a couple…you get me?"

Roy nods. "I get you, Mary," Roy replies, being understandable. "It's just that you and I aren't ready for that kind of relationship. I understand. To love is to understand and trust fully from the bottom of the heart, am I right?"

Mary smiles gently. "Roy, how'd you ever become so romantic and sweet?"

"Eh!" Roy suddenly feels surprised. "Well…um…I guess hanging out with Lilina a lot makes you like that…heh…" Roy replies cutely.

"So Lilina is a romantic type person?" Mary asks.

"Well…sort of…She talks about it a lot, but not too much for anyone to notice," Roy said.

"And here I am, standing here, eavesdropping on you two," Toyo said in an odd voice.

Both Mary and Roy look at Toyo and start to laugh for no apparent reason.

"What?" Toyo sudden asks.

"Nothing to your importance," Roy replies.

"Mary-chan!" Lilina calls out from the distance.

"Lilina-chan!" Mary calls back.

Lilina ran from the Ostia castle door to where Roy and Mary stood, wrapping her arms around Mary tightly.

"Oh, Mary-chan, I've missed you so much!" Lilina said with happiness.

"And I miss you, too, Lilina!" Mary replies.

Lilina releases Mary and stood up properly.

"So what made you come here, Mary?" Lilina asks.

"Well, I just couldn't stand being away from my friends here!" Mary replies happily.

"I feel noticed…" Toyo said out of the blue.

Roy, Mary, and Lilina giggle at what Toyo said.

"It feels so good to be here again," Mary said, stretching.

"And it's nice having you back as well…" Roy replies quietly.

Mary smiles gently at his words.

"Mary! I'm so glad you came before we could leave!" Lilina said, fill with happiness.

"When do you all leave, anyways?" Mary asks.

"Well, tomorrow," Roy replies. "But I think you're tired so you can rest up while we're moving. When you do feel stronger, you can battle along side with us!"

"Have you gone into any battles yet?" Mary asks.

Roy nods. "Only one, though. It was when we were half way there to Ostia that we were attacked. They were only bandits though, so no big deal."

"I'm so glad…" Mary said in relief.

"But who knows when we'll be attacked again! It could be tomorrow!" Lilina said with worries.

"We'll be strong enough to handle them! Don't worry!" Roy said with spirit.

"That's the Roy I know!" Toyo comments again.

Everyone, once again, laughs at Toyo's words. Strangely, Toyo had a strange way to show his funny side, but it wasn't bad at all.

Mary gazes into the sun-setting sun. Oh, how it captured the beauty of the colors of shades of orange and red. It was truly beautiful. She only hopes that Marth will do fine and as well as the others…'Marth…' Mary thought. `I'll miss you.'

* * *

It was the next day. The sky was filled with white, playful clouds. Indeed, it was peaceful. It seems the journey to Bern will be a peaceful journey. It seems nothing can go wrong…Or so everyone thought.

Mary sighs with boredom. "It feels like we've been traveling for a week, yet, it seems like we'll never get there…"

"Don't worry, Mary. It's only going to be only about two-three day trip to Bern now. Just be a little patient," Roy replies.

"But you said it will only take about 6 days long…" Mary tells Roy.

"Um, well…That's because it seems our little group of troops is a little…slow…But now it'll only take us 8 days total! Don't worry!" Roy tries to explain.

"Hmp! Me slow? I think you got something wrong, kid Roy!" Geo said in an angry playful voice. Then he rubs Roy's hair and made it look terrible.

"Arg…Geo…stop…" Roy said, unable to escape Geo's grasp.

"Heh, your fault, kid Roy!" Geo said to Roy.

"No…" Roy said, pretending to cry.

Mary giggles. Roy was still his childish self after all this time. `I guess no one really changes, huh?' Mary thought to herself. She looks up at the sky, suddenly spotting Earth for just a brief moment. `Home' was what crosses Mary's mind instantly. Suddenly, a tear fell from her eyes.

"Mary?" Roy asks, worried.

"Huh?" Mary turns to look at Roy, still both walking. Her face had streams of tears coming out of her dark brown eyes.

"You're crying," Roy said, looking awfully sad.

"Huh? Really?" Mary said with surprise, wiping some tears away, although more came to stream down on her cheek.

"Yeah…you alright?"

Mary nods. "I don't know why I'm crying so much…the tears just keep on coming out…"

"Mary…" Roy said worriedly. He then puts an arm around Mary's shoulder and said, "If there's anything I can do, I will do it. I'll be here for you for the rest of my life until we finally…depart…Okay?"

Mary nods, still not understanding the tears that fell from her eyes. It was very unusual for her to cry so suddenly just seeing a glimpse of earth. Earth…her home…

Unia dawdles to Mary and neighs quietly to her. Mary smiles warmly, despite her odd tears streaming down and said in a calming voice, "It's okay, Unia. I don't feel sad at all."

Unia softly neighs.

"It's okay, girl. I'm alright. Thanks for worrying," Mary replies.

"How do you understand her, Mary?" Roy asks.

"Oh, well, it's odd…For some reason, I can understand her…and it felt as if I met her since childhood…in a dream…but it's too long ago. I can't really remember," Mary said. She hesitates for a moment and then said, "Well, I sort of remember it now…Those dreams started when I was around five yeas old. I used to play with Unia and this little boy. Unia, the boy, and I would always go on adventures in my dreams and have the greatest times of our lives. I wish I could still dream those dreams again…and I wonder who that boy was. It's been nearly too long to remember his face now. I think my dreams of the boy and Unia stopped when I became more mature and too busy to think too child-like…I mean I'm still child-like, just not as child-like." Mary looks at Roy's surprised face. "What is it, Roy?"

"I had dreams like that as well! I used to play with Unia and a little girl! All of us would go and have such exciting adventures! But could it be you?" Roy asks.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence," Mary said. "That little girl could have been Lilina."

"Yeah…it could have been. I don't quite remember. Too long ago," Roy replies.

Mary nods. `Still, it's odd that Roy also dreamed of Unia…oh well' Mary thought.

Geo suddenly yawns and then said, "Man, I can't believe the one who's holding us up here is…him…" Geo suddenly pointed to Ethaniel.

Ethaniel looks at Geo with an evil glare and then he said, evilly, "How'd I'm slowing you guys! I could arrive to Bern from Ostia in less than three days!"

"Hah!" Geo snaps. "You can crow fly while we land-walkers have to take roads and go through traffic! I bet if you were like us, you wouldn't last one moment, girly boy!"

"Ethaniel! I didn't even notice you were there!" Mary suddenly shouts.

"You didn't?" Ethaniel replies with some confusion on his face.

"I didn't! You look as handsome as ever!" Mary said with a smile.

Ethaniel gave Mary a warm smile and said, "Thanks. I'm glad my looks came from my mom's side. My dad…he's…UH-GU-LY!!!"

Everyone who heard gave out a loud laugh. Suddenly, there was uproar of the little group that was traveling to Bern.

"Wow, everyone is so talkative now…" Mary comments.

"Yeah, that's because they're all pretty bored out of their minds right now," Roy replies.

Mary giggles, but then looking at Ethaniel again, he seems sad compare to the rest of the group. Suddenly, Lilina ran up to Ethaniel and then they talk a bit…

"Are you alright, Eth?" Lilina asks.

Ethaniel shrugs and then said, "If you think so…"

Lilina suddenly became worried. She then said, "Is it the father thing again, Eth?"

"Yeah," Ethaniel replies, his voice a bit sadder.

"Ethaniel…" Lilina said sadly, and then she wraps an arm around Ethaniel, laying her head on the side of his arm. "Please cheer up…Eth…" She said quietly.

Ethaniel closes his eyes for a moment and opens them again. He looks at Lilina and then he said in a soft, handsome voice, "Thank you, Lilina."

Lilina smiles gently, but she continue to stay in her position.

Mary thought for a moment that they could be in love, but then again, Ethaniel said he really liked Thany. This had confused Mary, but then again, maybe Ethaniel's and Lilina's love were just like friends or brother to sister. Whichever one it is, Mary still didn't know.

The sun was almost out of sight, leaving a soft pinkish color behind. The day seems to be, yet, another peaceful day. Suddenly, Mary and the rest of the crew heard some things moving in the forests. Not knowing what it was, everyone stopped and went into battle position, ready for whatever it is. Suddenly, arrows shot from the forests. Ethaniel and Mary flew up and away from the attack on their Pegasus. The others either knocked the arrows away or dodged it.

"What the!" Roy said loudly.

Then soldiers jump out the forests and attack the crew. Everyone fought with their very best skills. Everyone tried to back each other up as they try to defend for themselves. Mary and Ethaniel flew high in the sky and dive down at super speed to strike their opponents. Lilina casts her powerful spells of fire and burned whatever she aimed. Roy, Geo, Toyo, Alan, and Lance swung their blades powerfully, slicing whatever it hit. Wolt shot his speeding arrows at far away enemies. The enemies all did the same, but different for each different unit. Soon, the bloody battle had ended.

"That was a battle that I've waited for so long!" Geo said, grinning.

"Hmm…who sent these soldiers after us?" Toyo questions.

"Maybe someone who found out about our movement to Bern," Ethaniel replies.

"That is possible," Said Lance.

"I wonder who could have possibly known about the movement," Alan questions.

"Hmm…Maybe it could be a spy that told, but why would they still want to have us killed?" Roy said.

"This does seem odd, though," Wolt suddenly said.

"If these attacks keep coming, I just hope we are able to take them all," Geo said.

"Yeah…I mean, if we failed, Elibe could be…" Lilina said and became quiet.

"Yeah, and that's something we don't want happening," Roy said seriously.

Mary's mind drifted off from the conversation as she stares at the darkened sky, not showing any light anymore, but the light that came from the stars and the moon. She wonders of her home…what had happened while she was gone. She probably missed so much after so long. But she didn't want to go back because she didn't want to leave Roy, mainly. The other reason is that she, also, didn't want to leave the friends she had made. It seems as if her destiny depended on her faith of choices...

Suddenly, a warm hand gently grabs her shoulder. Mary looks to see it was Roy.

"Is there something bothering you?" Roy asks.

"Hmm…yeah…" Mary replies.

"What is it?" Roy questions.

"Well, I'm wondering about home…" Mary replies.

"Oh, you want to return?" Roy asks.

"Uh-huh," Mary replies cutely. "But I want you to come with me to my home."

"I will be there, Mary. For you, I will do anything," Roy replies in a soft, gentle voice.

Mary smiles happily. She loved Roy so much, but there was so much to learn about Roy, Mary thought that it was best not to become lovers yet. Besides, Roy, himself, has so much to learn about her. Well, not the attitude or ideas, but more like the way they were raised and so on.

Mary suddenly said, "Roy?"

Roy gazes at her, one eyebrow higher than the other and said, "Hm?"

"Um," Mary starts nervously. "Ah, well, can you tell me about your life and such?"

Roy smiled cutely and said, "Sure! Where do you want me to begin?"

Mary thought for a moment, and then she replies, "As far as you can remember."

Roy nods and replies, "Sure! From what I can see, my mother died a long time ago…she was assassin by some group of people when she went away from home. Dad was so depressed. I was heartless because I didn't understand death yet…I mean, I was so little and death didn't seem like a big thing."

Geo suddenly yells, "Hey, kid Roy! Get moving! We're going to walk a whole ton more!"

Roy sighs and then both Mary and him started to walk, and Roy continues, "Well, and so, my dad raised me, along with Marcus and Harkens. Mer…err, forget him. He's a bit bossy and more like a small downside to my life. Anyways, my dad was always busy so I always followed Harkens and Marcus. I mean, I can't help it but to be fond of people who protected my home. I always thought when I was little, "I want to be just like them when I grow up!" That sort of thing. Both of them were like my idols or, if you prefer, heroes so…heh. So I grew up, sort of like the dull hero person I am."

Mary nods and then she asks, "How did you change…you don't seem dull at all."

Roy clears his throat and then replies, "Well, when life was finally at peace, I was finally able to express myself more…but, sadly, not too much because I'm a noble…the only person I could actually express myself around were my friends…I mean, a lot of people looked up to me as the to be lord of Pharae…"

"Roy-kun…" Mary said quietly. Slipping her hand into his, making him blush a bit, she said in a soft voice, "You don't have to worry anymore…I don't see Roy-kun as to be lord of Pharae. I see Roy-kun as Roy-kun, but if Roy-kun needs someone to lean on, I'm here for him...You've always helped me so much, Roy, and I thank you so much…without you, I wouldn't have lasted here in this world…Now I want to help you."

"Mary…" Roy smiles handsomely, and pulls Mary closer to him, both of them still walking. "Dear Mary, I truly don't want to leave you," Roy gently whispers into Mary's ear. He, then, put an arm around her, closing his eyes, enjoying her warmth.

* * *

The morning quickly pass by and became day, letting the sun rise high in the sky. Mary stares upon the floating clouds passing by her eyes, sitting on the wagon that carried the supplies they needed. The breeze was warm and comforting. Mary closes her eyes, breathing in the breeze of warmth, smelling a sweet, soft herbal scent. The day was, yet, another beautiful day.

"Ah, it seems Bern is near," Toyo said, walking besides Roy.

"Yes, I can smell the sweet smell of herbs that Bern use to make their tea," Roy replies with a smile. "Look, can you see on that mountain?" Roy asks Mary, pointing at the mountains.

Mary looks to see a beautiful soft, pinkish color covering parts of the mountain. The view of the partly pink mountain was truly breath taking. Mary stares at the mountain with her jaw wide open in awe.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Roy asks Mary with a cute smile.

"It sure is!" Mary replies with excitement. "What makes the mountain pink?"

"It's the herbs…they're called florenta herbs, and they only grow on the mountains of Bern. The florenta herbs are used to make a perfume that's able to help your skin. Plus, it's used in Bern tea. The tea is very delicious and very nutritious! It is said to make you live a longer life. And the pink color is the color of the flowers that grow upon the herbs. They use the flowers to make a beautiful, soft pink dye," Roy explains.

"Wow…it's so beautiful…I hope I get to drink the tea…" Mary said, still staring at the mountain in awe.

"I love the smell of florenta herbs," Geo said so suddenly, on his brown steed.

"I've heard the florenta herbs are dying out…" Lilina suddenly said, walking beside the wagon.

Ethaniel, on Silver Wing, replies to Lilina, "Yes, they are…They used to blossom on every mountain in Bern…but, sadly, it seems that since the beautiful Florenta Phoenixes of the Bern Mountains…"

"Phoenixes? I've never heard of them before," Roy said, interrupting Ethaniel.

"Ah, well, they're very beautiful birds with rainbow color feathers...they look very similar to the Phoenix in the legends. And, well, because their meat was delicious and their feathers where so beautiful, they were hunted down until extinction. Another thing why they were hunted down was because they produce a beautiful rainbow gem after they die…Those birds are the birds that raised and grew the florenta herbs…But since they're extinct, the herbs are slowly dying out," Ethaniel answers.

"I see…" Roy said, looking at the partly pink mountain with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm still amazed just seeing the florenta herbs right now…I thought they would all be gone, now," Lilina said.

Ethaniel nodded.

Mary stares upon the partly pink mountain, knowing that it may be her last…

It was some time now. Everything seem ever so peaceful…maybe too peaceful.

Geo suddenly sniffs the air and said, "What's that smell? Is someone…cooking? If so, it's really strong!"

"Look! SMOKE IN BERN'S WALLS!" Toyo points up with a panic.

Everyone stares up in horror of Bern's strong, stone walls fall onto the hard ground in pieces. A fire contains inside of the wall, flaring violently.

"What happened…Oh no…" Lilina said quietly.

People ran out of the wall of Bern, and then, suddenly, swarm of wild wyverns came sweeping down and attack the people of Bern. There, a person ran out of the Bern wall that was collapsed. Suddenly, a wyvern sweeps down and snatches the person in midair and bit his arm strongly. Blood seep through its teeth.

"No! Roy, we must do something to help the people!" Mary yells in horror.

Roy bites his lower lip and then commands, "Okay everyone, our first priority is to save everyone from the wyverns…and the flames! Okay, Geo, Alan, Ethaniel, Toyo, and Lance, go inside Bern's walls and save the people from the fire! The rest of you, come and help me fight off the wild wyverns!"

"HAI!" Everyone replies.

Wolt immediately shot three arrows to the wild wyvern from before out of the sky. The wyvern fell from the sky, dropping the person it had, falling onto the ground. Mary immediately caught the person while riding on Unia and left him off ground, safe and sound.

From afar, Bern solders on ground and on tamed wyverns came out of the walls, attacking the wyverns. Some of them are even captured and put inside a cage. The wyverns cry helplessly.

The wyvern that was shot by Wolt stood up and flew at an exceeding rate of speed, right at Mary. Suddenly, a blazing fire ball clashes at the wyvern, bringing it down to defeat. The wyvern growls in pain. Mary was going to finish it off when she heard the wyvern talking…

"Humans…I hate them…," The wyvern's voice echoed in Mary's head.

Mary stops her attack.

"Mary! Finish it off!" Wolt yells from afar.

"No…I can't…they're just like…humans…" Mary mumbles to herself.

"Mary! What are you waiting for!?!" Lilina suddenly jerks and said, "Ah! The wyvern is getting up!"

`If only I had more power…I could save the wyverns and the people of Bern…' Mary thought.

"Mary! Watch out!" Roy calls out.

Mary looks up to see the wyvern charging right at her. Mary's eyes focused on its…She suddenly said out loud, "Stop!"

The wyvern stops and its voice echoing in her head, "What! How can I…understand you?"

"What? It stopped!" Roy exclaims.

"What do you think you're doing!?!" Mary yells at the wyvern.

"Doing what I need to do…SURVIVE!" the wyvern said, its voice echoing in her head. Then it suddenly charges at her.

Right before the wyvern's attack touched Mary, Roy immediately thrust his mighty Sword of Seals right in its head, blood sleeking out where the sword struck.

"Humans…" The wyvern said. "I hate you all...BURN IN DEATH'S FIRE!"

The wyvern suddenly stops breathing. Roy quickly jerks his sword out of its head, blood suddenly leaking out at large amounts where the sword struck. The wyvern fell down, dead, blood surrounding it. The blood spreads out at a slow pace, covering much ground around the dead wyvern.

"Mary…" Roy suddenly said with many worries.

Mary falls on her knees, shivering, crying, from the scene of the battle field. She saw dead wyverns, as well as dead civilians and Bern soldiers, on the ground, covered in the blood that symbolizes war, hate, and suffering.

"That wyvern you killed…was filled with hate…" Mary said, her voice shaking.

"Mary…" Roy said in pain.

"We need another healer! I can't heal everyone in time!" Lilina yells.

"Shoot! What are we going to do!?!" Roy said with disappointment. "Our effort shouldn't be in vain!"

Suddenly from afar, stood a girl in a cape. She lifts her hands up with a staff in her hand, healing everyone. Everyone who saw her stares with awe. Before Roy knew it, everyone was healed, but the dead stayed dead. Roy runs up to the girl.

"Who…How…" Roy said.

Suddenly, the girl pulls off the part of the cape that covers her face. "It's me, Roy."

"Gena! You came!" Roy said with amazement. "How'd you learn…?"

"Let's say I just practiced a lot…" Gena replies.

"I see…" Roy said, still amazed.

"Hurry and gather the people, Roy!" Lilina calls from afar.

Roy nods and runs to the people, Gena following.

Mary stood on the battlefield, her body completely frozen, unable to move. Right before she knew it, another swarm of wild wyverns came to attack and feast on the people, dead and alive.

"Ah, we can't handle anymore wyverns! We're going to loose at this rate!" Roy complains.

Mary suddenly made Unia fly towards the swarm of wyverns without any hesitations. The swarm of wyverns surrounds her, trapping her so she couldn't escape. Mary glances all around her, yet without any fear.

"Mary! What are you thinking!?!" Roy yells out to her.

"I think I can stop the wyverns from attacking the people!" Mary replies.

"Have you gone crazy!?!" Roy calls out.

Mary ignores Roy, droning his voice from her mind, and then said to the wyverns, "Why have you attack us? What did we humans to do make you want us to suffer so?"

The leader of the wyverns came forth and then stares firmly at Mary. He replies, "Humans…you've done so much to hurt us…destroying our homes to make it yours, kidnapping our friends and family to make them your slaves. How dare you say you did nothing to make us suffer…We can never forgive you!"

All of the wyverns charges at Mary, knocking her off of Unia. Mary falls, thinking that this was the last of her. She closes her eyes and, suddenly, she feels herself in darkness.

Roy looks up, running towards Mary who was falling. "Mary, NO!! You can't!!"

The wyverns left Unia flying on her own and charges right at Mary, none of them stopping to slow. Then a bright, blinding light surrounds Mary. Eight large angel wings sprouts out, showing itself to the world. The wyverns stop their attack and gazes at the light in awe.

"It can't be…" the leader of the wyverns suddenly said.

"Mary! My goodness! IT happened again!" Roy suddenly said to himself with worry.

"Edina! You've finally shone yourself!" the wyvern said in surprise.

"Yes…" Edina said softly.

Roy stares up at the commotion, not able to understand because he couldn't hear the wyvern's words just like everyone else.

"I thought you were to show yourself when a great disaster is about to happen!" the wyvern said with widen eyes.

"Yes, exactly…a truly great disaster is right before us…I must…stop it," Edina said.

"It must be those flying castles that bombarded Bern right before our eyes…"

"Yes…They are not evil …so please don't make them suffer."

"Edina, the goddess who will save us all…why is it that you hide inside that girl?"

"She is my host as for now…When the time comes, I will show myself and use my powers to replace all that was lost…so, Yuvius, please let your kind and yourself return back into the mountains…do not harm the humans no more. If the humans continue what they are doing, simply migrate to a better place."

Yuvius, the leader of the wyverns, closes his eyes and thinks deeply. He looks upon the great goddess, Edina, and replies, "As you say…but my reputation won't last long, Edina."

Edina nods gently and slowly, reassuring the leader of the wyverns. Yuvius turns around and roars at his fellow wyverns. They quickly gather the hurt and the dead and left Bern at peace. The people of Bern stare at the bright light that surrounds Edina, wondering what it was.

"Mary…" Roy said quietly to himself.

Unia flies beside Edina as both of them lower themselves, and, finally, stood on ground. Roy slowly walks up to Edina and asks, "What is it that you speak of?"

Edina looks at Roy with gentle eyes, and then she replies, "It is still too early for you to know. One day I shall tell you, but it is not the time…Roy, great hero who had saved the continent of Elibe…Please take good care of Mary for me…if she dies, hope is all lost…"

"Huh?" Roy said with confusion.

Suddenly, the glowing light and the angel wings disappear into little, shiny dust. Edina was now Mary once again. Right when the light disappeared from Mary, she collapses immediately, Roy catching her in his strong arms.

"Mary…I'm so glad your okay…but I wonder…what just happened before all of us," Roy said quietly to Mary, stroking her silky hair between his fingers. "What will destiny throw at us this time?"

A crowd of people surround Roy, staring at Mary with amazement. They all whisper among themselves. Mary, who stored an unknown, powerful angel within herself, was a girl of wonders. Knowing such a powerful being was inside her made others think she was a threat to the world.

"That girl is an angel…" some would whisper to the other.

"Is she a threat to Elibe?" others questions.

"That girl…what is she?" some wonders.

Roy looks up to see the faces of the people of Bern. Their faces express amazement and, yet, obnoxiousness. The people of Bern saw Mary as a threat to their homeland, even though, right before their very own eyes, they saw her saved them from the untamed wyverns. The crowd suddenly threatens Roy, pointing their fingers at Mary. Roy glances around him the people who feared Mary's angelic powers. What lies beyond them were their fears of suffering and death. All of the people of Bern do not want any more of that kind of pain. Roy tries to explain to them that she wasn't a threat, but the people denied Roy's words.

"Please understand!" Roy pleads, clutching Mary in his arms and burrowing his face into Mary's silky, brown hair.

All of the people stare at Roy with a glare. Lilina, who was behind the crowd, worried about Roy and Mary. Gena had left, already, to go gather everyone together. Suddenly, the crowd separate, leaving an opening. In that opening was the princess of Bern. She had beautiful, curly blonde hair with gentle, sparkling green eyes, filled with beauty and passion. She walks among her people, gracefully with beauty, and halts before Roy. The princess kneels before Roy, leveling her face with his. Roy, then, slowly raises his head and sees her before him.

"Roy, so you have come to Bern once again," the princess said softly with grace.

Roy softly replies to the princess, "Guinevere…I'm so glad you're okay…Can you, please…treat my crew and me with hospitality so that we may recover from our journey?"

"Of course, Roy…" Guinevere replies, her eyes showing a bit of sorrow.

After that accident, Roy and his crew were united once again. They were brought to the castle of Bern where Guinevere lived so that they could recover from their tiring journey. At the time right now, everyone was sound asleep, except Roy, who was sitting by Mary's side, waiting for her to wake up from the accident that had happened once again…

The room was dark, but the fire from the small candle softly lit the room. The velvety red curtains were open, the window closed, revealing the crescent moon and the stars surrounding it. Roy was tired from his lack of sleep, sitting on a wooden chair with his head lying on a wooden table that was covered with a velvety red cloth. There lies Mary on the soft, white bed with a red, velvety blanket over her.

Mary suddenly opens her eyes slowly and gently, seeing the stars and the crescent moon in front of her. The moon's light was little, yet, it shines onto her face, giving Mary a gentle look.

"Hm? Where am I?" Mary said, sounding soft and weak.

Roy suddenly looks towards at Mary, seeing her eyes glistening from the moonlight. She was awake and well. He sighs with relief, knowing Mary was okay.

"Mary…it's so nice to see you're alright," Roy said to Mary, gently.

"Roy…you stayed awake all this time? You really shouldn't, Roy…you need your sleep," Mary replies, still sounding weak.

Roy shook his head slowly. He walks up to Mary, keels, and held her hands in his.

"I will always stay by your side, Mary…just as I promise," Roy said and smiles.

Mary suddenly feels warm, her stomach twisting. Just seeing Roy, feeling his presence, made her happy. `Oh, I mustn't…If I don't get too attached to Roy...I wouldn't be so hurt when I leave this place to go…home…' Mary thought.

"Roy, is everyone okay?" Mary suddenly asks.

"Of course they are…but…If only I got there faster…earlier…I could have been able to save everyone from the bombing and the attack from the wyverns…It's all my fault…just like how it is with Ostia…" Roy said with sorrow.

"Roy, it isn't your fault…you…all of us had no idea it would happen. We just knew…that, perhaps, the Dark Alias was coming to Bern. Plus, we didn't even expect the wild wyverns to come and attack the people. It isn't your fault at all, Roy. It's no one's…and if you were to say that to Lilina and everyone else…they all would probably say the same things I've just said…" Mary said weakly.

"I guess so…but…"

Mary took hold of Roy's shoulders and shook him softly. She then said, "Roy, don't bring the burden all on yourself…There's a reason why we're all here…so that you wouldn't be alone in this. We're all here for you, Roy. Anger...pain...love...and happiness...we all share those emotions together so we won't fall before each other...You remember that, okay?"

Roy nods happily and hugs Mary tightly and quickly.

"You're the best, Mary," Roy compliments happily.

Mary looks away and out the window, trying to hide her blush. Mary suddenly looks at Roy again.

She suddenly asks, "Roy, how long has it been since I've been hear?"

"Hmm...Well, if I had to estimate, I think it would be for...almost 8 months and a half..." Roy replies, blinking softly.

Silence overcame the room. The trees waves softly as the wind blew against it. The leaves of the tress gently float about in the air, looking as if they were dancing about.

Mary, breaking the silence, suddenly asks, "Roy, what will you do when I leave to go back home?"

Roy looks out the window of the room, feeling a bit of pain in him. There was no way he would let Mary go...away from his heart. Of course, if she was going to leave, he probably would stop her and tell her to stay and live in his world, but he knew this was only telling him how selfish he was. He wanted Mary, but he wanted her to be happy, too. He knew what his answer would be already...for his most beloved one, he would choose...

He answers, "I don't know, Mary...But as long as you're happy, I shall be happy."

Mary suddenly grips the velvet red blanket in her hands tightly, looking towards were the candle sits. The fire flickers gently, but the candle's light was so small, so little. She knew she was about to cry at that very moment because her vision became a bit blurry.

She loves Roy so much and she wants to show it, but the more she shows her affection towards him, the more pain it would be when she leaves him...More pain for both of them. Truth is she didn't want to leave him at all because she wanted to share her whole life with him. What she wanted she knew she could not have. She knew Roy knew that as well because it was the very same for him as well.

Staring onto Roy's face, which had a yellowish glow from the light of the candle, she saw how very beautiful he was. His gentle blue eyes reflecting the candle light, his wild auburn hair having a gentle yellow glow, his chubby cheeks, his tender lips...At that, her eyes suddenly focus on his blue, beautiful eyes staring at her with intensity. Right when Mary blinks, the tears she was holding back suddenly rolls down from the corner of her eyes and beside her cheeks to the bottom of her chin. A rush of sorrow went through her whole body, pain in her heart. Mary suddenly threw her arms around Roy's waist, her head against his chest, weeping loudly.

Roy's eyes widen in surprise. His love was crying for a reason he did not know, but, for some reason, some tears were building up in his eyes. He holds back the tears and wraps his arms around Mary, holding her tight.

"Mary, what is it?" Roy asks so suddenly.

Mary didn't answer. She stood very silent, without a move of a muscle, as did the night. All that made a sound was the whispers of the wind, telling something that one shall never understand. Mary snuggles against Roy all of a sudden, feeling his warmth as she closes her eyes, tears still yet rolling down her face.

Mary suddenly answers to Roy, breaking the peaceful silence, "Is it impossible to love someone when you're so far away?"

Roy looks out the window for a brief moment, thinking of a good answer. He stares back at Mary and replies with a soft smile, "Of course I do. I think that if the bond of two beings is strong enough, the love shall never be broken no matter what the distance."

"I see..." Mary replies. "Do you think that we would still be able to hold onto this love even when the distance between us could be the whole universe?"

"Yes, because from my very bottom of my heart and soul, it contains you there, and there you shall be no matter how far apart. Although much pain would come along the way of not having you here by my side, I shall endure."

"Roy..." Mary replies quietly.

That night, Mary lies in Roy's arms until she fell asleep. Roy quietly blows out the candle flame and tucks Mary in her bed, giving her a kiss good night...on the forehead...Afterwards, Roy made his way out the room, slowly closing the door behind him, trying not to make any noise to disturb Mary's sleep. Before the door actually closes, Roy glances onto Mary's serene face, smiling to see her sleeping so peacefully.

"I love you," Roy whispers softly, right before the door closes shut tight.

* * *

The next day had arrived. The morning sun was high in the bright blue sky, filled with puffy, pillow clouds. The sounds of Bern were of men and women, rebuilding what they had lost...and moving on with it as well. Although it was hard, eventually, their hearts would recover.

"Guinevere, I would love to stay...but with Mary here and your people not wanting her here at all, I'm afraid we will have to leave today. Of course, we do need to get moving because of a very important matter," Roy said, explaining his plans to the princess.

"I see...Well, please, before you leave, gather all the supplies that will be necessary on your journey, Lord Roy," Guinevere replies with elegance, smiling, although, in her eyes, she was truly sad.

Roy and Guinevere were discussing about this in the chamber were it was large, empty, and cold. Mary was standing besides Roy as his fellow companions stood behind both of them.

"I thank you so very much, Princess," Roy replies with nobility. "You have been of great help. I thank you from the bottom of my very soul. I truly do, Guinevere."

"No thanks should be given, Lord Roy. You and your companions saved my people...and just seeing you here in front of me makes me feel ever so happy. Your presence here is the utmost blessing I have had for so long," Guinevere softly replies, her hands folded together against her chest.

Mary could see through Guinevere's smile. She may seem to be fine, but in her blue, sparkling eyes, there she held her tears. Mary could tell already that Guinevere had feelings towards Roy, but simply knew she couldn't have him. `Was it wrong of me to have fallen in love with Roy? Maybe my love for him was all wrong. Yes, maybe it was. I mean, it seems to be...I've been thinking about this lately. It seems that my love for him is making others hurt...and I don't want that at all...' Mary thought to herself.

"Is there something that troubles you, Mary?" Roy asks.

Mary bit the lower of her lip, but then when she looks towards Roy's face, she smiles happily and replies, "Of course there isn't, Roy. Don't need to worry about me here."

"Mary...if you don't want to battle on anymore, you don't have to...I hate to say this, but if you're on the battle field and you're still feeling like you don't want to hurt or kill other living things then I can't have you on the battle field, Mary. Fighting is what you hate, and having you there would be a burden to us. It's not guarantee that when you're attack, I'll be able to save you. It's also the same with everyone else..."

Mary looks down towards the floor. After thinking for a brief moment, Mary looks towards Roy again and answers, "I'm sorry that I've caused you all so much trouble...But I've decided that if I can't save everyone on the battles of war, at least I could protect the ones I love and save the weak...That's what I've decided."

Roy looks deeply into Mary's eyes and said with great pain, "Please keep your word...because the thought of you loosing...just that mere thought, that vision of you getting killed...I don't think I could...Mary, I just don't want to loose you."

Mary stares back at Roy with stern, determined eyes. She replies, "I won't, Roy."

Mary smiles cutely, reassuring him. Roy smiles softly, gazing at her beauty.

"Ah, well, we should get moving. We have to hurry! Who knows when that flying castle will attack next?" Toyo points out.

"Ya, I get what you're saying," Geo replies.

"Roy, shouldn't we be going now to gather our supplies?" Lilina questions Roy.

"Yes...gomen...I really haven't been myself lately...really," Roy apologizes.

"It's okay, Roy. As long as you don't forget who you are," Wolt reassures.

"Yeah, and as long as you don't go barbaric, too," Alan replies with a funny, eerie voice.

"Alan! Behave yourself!" Lance exclaims. "Please forgive him, Lord Roy."

"Hey, I say we call kid Roy Commander Roy," Geo suggests.

"But don't you call him kid Roy?" Alan questions.

"That's what I get to call him...ONLY ME!" Geo explains.

"I want to call Roy by a special name, too!" Lilina insists.

"Oh no…" Toyo said to himself.

"Hey, we're getting off subject, here," Geo complains.

"I already have something to call Roy by...my oniisan!" Wolt says.

"Yeah, although you're not even related..." Alan points out.

Roy, Mary and Toyo stood before their companions who were arguing to each other about what to call Roy. It was a bit embarrassing...

"HEY! WE'RE GETTING OFF SUBJECT AGAIN!" Geo complains once more.

"Then what is it?" Lance asks.

"Like I said before! Let's call kid Roy Commander Roy since he isn't really considered a Lord to us, but more like our head honcho guy," Geo explains. "Geez, you people just don't listen, do ya?"

Everyone had agreed to it...

"Um, is this conversation over now? I think it's kind of pointless, but yeah," Roy said suddenly.

"It's isn't pointless! It's pointful!" Geo said with hyperness.

"Is pointful even a word?" Lance asks.

"From my dictionary mind, I would say no," Lilina answers.

Everyone stares at Lilina oddly.

"What?" Lilina replies, confused.

Everyone continues to stare at Lilina oddly...

"Anyway, it's pointful because it gives you a true meaning towards us, you know. That's how we recognize you by, kid-I mean, Commander Roy," Geo replies.

"Well, I'm glad you all see me as that," Roy said and smiles.

"Of course! You're so great!" Wolt said with excitement.

"...yes, that's true..." Guinevere said ever so softly.

Everyone laugh with joy, feeling happiness even through the hardest of times. It was what everyone needed especially at a time like this. Mary smiles happily at this. Her friends, her love...this was all she ever wanted in her life...but she was missing one thing...her family...

Thus, Roy and his companions gathered their supplies, made sure everything will work out in the future, and bid farewell to the beautiful princess, Guinevere. Of course, Roy had promised to see her again when the commotion had gone down...And so, the day went on, and fast, too.

* * *

Some days, or perhaps a week or a little over, had gone by on the journey to Etruria, the next destination of Roy and his companions. They all travel at a fast pace, knowing that if they slow down Etruria might end up just like Bern or worst. At the time, the sun was setting down, sinking itself behind the lands of Elibe and giving the sky an orange tint. The clouds, which were yellowish orange, gently cross the gigantic sky at a slow, relaxing pace. The smell of the air was pleasant and the breeze warm.

"Gah, too much traveling is bad!" Geo complains.

"...I'm so used to you complaining...That's how much you complain," Toyo said to Geo.

Geo glares at Toyo for a moment, but looks away when Toyo looks towards at him.

"Hmm...Were you just glaring at me?" Toyo asks.

"Oh no, why would I?" Geo asks, trying to lie.

"Because you're like that," Toyo replies cleanly.

"...I swear, sometimes Toyo outsmarts even the smartest man in the universe...It just makes you want to kill him!" Geo whispers to himself.

"Hm? Now were you talking bad about me, now?" Toyo asks.

"N-no! Stop bothering me!" Geo exclaims.

Toyo stares at Geo dully, but then he looks ahead of himself and giggles. Geo gave up on even thinking about Toyo since it always seems to lead him into stress. He turns to stare at Gena. Geo stares at her, thinking about how odd her hairstyle was. Gena suddenly turns her head and notices Geo staring at her.

"Um, is there something wrong?" Gena asks.

"Oh, oh no. Sorry, just daydreaming here," Geo replies goofily.

She smiles at Geo quickly and turns to look ahead of her, walking just as normal as any other person would.

"Hey, Gena, is it?" Geo asks dumbly.

"Yeah?" Gena replies.

"You wanna ride on my horse, Hilbert? It's better than walking!" Geo said cheerfully.

Gena looks at Geo for a moment and then around at everyone else, still walking. She looks towards Geo and then replies, "Sure!"

Geo reaches out to Gena, getting a hold of her arm, saying at the moment, "Here, let me get you up on him."

Geo pulls Gena onto Hilbert, placing her in front of her. Suddenly, Geo notices he was tipping over the left side of Hilbert, loosing balance, and practically falls off him. Gena was now on the horse, but Geo was off. Gena giggles at Geo's clumsiness. Geo grabs hold of the reins and pulls himself back on the stallion, behind Gena.

"Hey, stop giggling...I had just about enough of that today," Geo explains.

Gena ceases her giggling and replies, slightly smiling, "Sorry. I couldn't help it..."

Geo smiles back at her, blushing since she was so pretty when she smiled. Alan notices Geo's blush and he gave a whistle. Geo practically ignores it and continues to blush. When he listens carefully, he could hear Lance yelling at Alan. He giggles to himself, feeling odd to have such odd friends.

Mary was walking beside of Roy, smiling slightly. She let Unia roam free, knowing that Unia would come to her when she calls for her. Mary looks onto the wagon they were dragging along. There was Silver Wing walking gently on the grains of dirt on the earth, pulling the wagon. Ethaniel and Lilina were sitting next to each other on the front part of the wagon, talking like a brother and sister would. She looks behind herself, seeing Gena and Geo riding on Hilbert, what Geo named his horse. Alan and Lance were arguing again, and Mary assumes it was over another silly thing. Although, their horses, Alan on his stallion named Benny, Lance on his mare named Velvet, were completely in love. She looks behind Roy, seeing Wolt and Toyo talking friendly with one another. `Everything seems so fine...No falseness in the air...just plain peacefulness...' Mary thought to herself. She, then, gazes back at Roy, feeling a tugging feeling in her stomach and her whole body warming.

"Roy-kun..." Mary suddenly slips her left hand into Roy's right hand and held it. A tingly feeling went up her spin, making her feel a bit more nervous about holding Roy's hand. She suddenly feels the urge to look around her...

Roy grips Mary's hand a little tighter, not wanting to let go. Roy stares at the sun, which barely shown itself now, and then he gazes onto Mary's face. She was looking at her surroundings anxiously.

"Is there anything wrong?" Roy asks.

Mary suddenly stops looking around, pausing her movement, except for her legs since she is walking. She slowly turns her head towards Roy, giving Roy a very unusual expression. Roy returns her look with a confused expression.

"Mary, you're scaring me..." Roy said.

Mary continues to stare at Roy with that very unusual expression, not replying to him.

"Mary..." Roy said again, only, this time, he had a very worry expression.

Suddenly, from afar, there was a large town filled with busy streets and many houses. Even farther was the great sea where the harbor was. Large, gigantic sea boats parked at the harbor, moving so slightly because of the gentle sea waves. The sea itself was beautiful, reflecting the orange sky and the gentle flowing clouds above. There ahead of the crew was Etruria.

"Wow! It's as gorgeous as I remember it!" Toyo replies happily.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Lilina asks Toyo.

"This is my birth place...I haven't been here for so very long..." Toyo replies.

"I thought you were of Ostia!" Lilina said with surprise and amazement.

"I'm not, but now I'm with Ostia."

Lilina looks towards at Etruria, her jaw drop open at the beauty of the large town. Toyo smiles at her expression.

"I'm so amazed..." Mary said to herself.

Feeling such excitement within herself, Mary pulls Roy with her, running with much energy towards the great Etruria.

"Come on, Roy! It's right there before us!" Mary says with energy.

"UUUUAAAAHHHHH!!!!" Roy screams, tripping a bit from being pulled by Mary.

Everyone quickly follows with laughter of Roy's scream. Although he didn't sound like a girl, he just so happens to be a person who doesn't usually scream and so loud either.