Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Falling with Lance in hand ❯ Memories (Florina's POV) ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

BKB: Hey all, I thought I would try this fanfic, because I haven't ever seen any FlorinaxTactician stories, and I thought it would be an interesting pair. Take note that the tactician's name is Lance and Florina's Pegasus is name Meriya, and also, this takes place 2 months after Lyn's chapters, remember there's a year separating Eliwood's chapters and Lyn's chapters, and is in Florina's POV. Well enjoy!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem!!

---------- Florina's POV -----------

I walked out of the castle with my pegasus, Meriya, and sat down under a tree not far from the castle.

I sighed, and absently petted Meriya, while I thought about Lance, the tactician for the group of mercenaries, that I traveled with two months ago. We were helping Lyn get here, to castle Caelin, we were lucky to have had him for a tactician, or as my sister would say, honored tactician.

I giggled at the thought, sure I was honored to meet him, and to have traveled with him, but he would just blush and say he was just an apprentice tactician.

I remember the day when we first met, I was searching for Lyn, and saw a village and decided to ask them if they had seen her, and acidently ran into some bandits….

~F~L~A~S~H~B~A~C~K~

"Wait right there,little lady! What are you going to do to apologize? Huh?" the first bandit said.

"Uh… I…That is, I…" I stuttered.

"Hey, she's quite a catch, eh buddy? I bet the boss'd give usa pretty penny for her." The second said.

"Yeah. She roughed me up a bit, so I figure fair's fair. It's no more'n she deserves." The first said (I dub him Norm).

"I…I" I stuttered, and I thought `Florina speak up!'

"What are we gonna do with her flying mule?" the second asked (I dub him Jack), while gusturing to Meriya.

"Don't you dare touch her!" I yelled.

"What? You just watch your mouth, girlie!" Jack yelled.

"Do what you will with me, just let her go. Please. I beg of you." I whimpered.

"Hahahaha! Silly twit! Pegasi can only be found in Ilia. They're rare beasts, worth more than you by far! We can sell it for a mountain of gold. Let it go? HA!" Norm laughed.

"No you cant," I whimpered.

"C'mon, lets move." Norm said.

"Florina? Is that you, Florina?" a familiar voice asked.

I looked up and saw Lyn, there were some people behind her, but I paid them no mind.

"Ah! Lyn?" I questioned, making sure my eyes werent playing tricks on me.

"Florina! What are you doing in a place such as this?" Lyn asked me.

"Lyn! Is it really you? I.. I.." I stuttered, and started crying.

"Come now, no crying!" Lyn said gently.

"I'm sorry." I said, and I wiped away my tears.

"You are acquaintances?" asked a males voice.

I looked up and saw a guy who was about my age, he had beautiful amethist eyes, and short dark brown hair, and wore a dark blue cloak, I was so busy staring at him, that I almost didn't hear Lyn's reply.

"She's my friend. This is Florina, a pegasus knight in training from Ilia. She's a little uncomfortable around men. Tell me Florina, what happened here?" Lyn said, the man backed away.

I explained my story to Lyn, but the bandits interupted and a battle started.

I saw Lyn talking to the man with the amethist eyes and askked her who he was.

"This is Lance. He's still an apprentice, but he's still my tactician." Lyn introduced him.

" Oh, I see. Uh… Lance? I'm pleased to meet you." I said timidly.

"It's nice to meet you too, Florina, but now isnt the best time to talk." Lance said.

Then the battle started, Lance issued out orders, and everyone followed them, soon we got an archer to join us.

When the battle was over Lyn offered to let me come with her to Caelin, to help my trianing, and I aceppted. While everyone was getting to know each other, I looked at Lance, he was smiling, and his amethist eyes glittered in the sunlight, all together he looked very handsome….

~E~N~D~~F~L~A~S~B~A~C~K~

I sighed, I wish I could see him again, but even if I did, he probably wouldn't remember me. I absently played with the pendant Lance gave to me as a good bye present, after the final battle…

~F~L~A~S~H~B~A~C~K~

We won the battle, and Lyn went to see her grandfather. While I was waiting for her to come back, one of the castle attendants came to see me and Wil. They asked if we would stay here in Caelin, as their knights. I agreed to stay, secretly hoping that Lance would stay here too. When Lyn came out to the courtyard we all greeted her, and I informed her that I was staying here as well.

"Lady Lydis!" I exclaimed.

"What is it Florina?" Lyn asked.

"I've been taken into service by House Caelin!" I exclaimed.

" Really? Oh that pleases me so, but please don't call my Lady Lyndis. For you I'm still Lyn." she said.

"My Pegasus and I fly for your house now. There are rules to follow." I explained.

Wil also told Lyn that he was staying here as well. While they were talking, I heard that Lance was leaving, and not staying here. So I went to go say good-bye to him. I found him by a fountain staring in the water. I cautiously approached him.

"Uh, Lance?" I questioned softly.

"Hm?" Lance says as he turned around to face me. " Oh, Florina, what do you need?" he questioned gently.

"Oh, nothing, I-I just wanted to ask you if it's true that you're leaving." I said timidly.

"Yes, I do plan on going, there's not much I could do here to help out, and besides, I never really liked the royal life." He explained.

"Oh, I see. Where do you plan on going?" I asked him.

"I plan to travel around Lycia for awhile, after that, I don't know." He said, it was silent for a while until.

"Thank you," I whispered softly.

"Pardon?" he asked.

"I said thank you," I whispered a bit louder.

"For what?" he asked, turning his head so that he was looking straight into my eyes, I felt my self heat up.

"For-for helping me become stronger," I whispered as I felt myself blushing, looking straight into his beautiful amethyst eyes.

" I think we're equal on that, you helped me with my tacticianing skills, and I helped you become stronger, so we're equal." He stated.

"But you're a great tactician already, you didn't need my help at all!" I said loudly, surprising Lance and myself.

"Calm down Florina," he said gently.

"But its true," I whispered.

"If we continue like this we'll be arguing all day," he laughed, his laughs sounded so nice, I loved it when he laughed.

"I-I guess your right," I laughed, with him.

"How about we just call it a tie," he suggested.

"Sure," I answered, and then he reached in his pocket and pulled something out, and handed it to me.

"Here, take it," he said holding out a pedant, it was in the shape of a snowflake, it was an icy blue color, it had an amethyst stone embedded in the middle, and was about the size of my hand.

"Oh, no, I couldn't take that from you, it must be worth a lot of gold," I said.

"I have no use for it now, so go ahead and take it, hopefully it'll give you good luck," he said calmly, and placed the pendant in my hand, and walked away.

"Hopefully I'll see you again someday Florina," he said as he walked away.

"Yes, hopefully," I whispered, holding the pendant tightly.

~E~N~D~~F~L~A~S~H~B~A~C~K~

I gazed into the amethyst stone that was embedded into the pendant.

"Amethyst, just like his eyes," I whispered aloud.

When I finally returned from my thoughts, I found that I had thought the after noon away. So I got up and started my way back to the castle, with Meriya, absently thinking of Lance. I ate my dinner and then I went to bed, still thinking about my first love, still hoping that we would meet again.

BKB: Well that's it. Review and tell me how you like it, should I continue, or should I just forget about the whole idea. Bye!!!